Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:23 pm

The King James Bible is in the public domain due to age, publication restrictions in the United Kingdom. Authorized in 1611 by James I of England, the King James Version (Authorized Version) is still the most often purchased translation of God's word. However, since that time the English language has evolved. This dictionary defines 6581 words that are not common to modern English.

Topics involving KJV:
KJV & NKJV Are The Only Legitimate Bibles
"New Age Bible Versions" & the "King James Only" Controversy

1 In the beginning God created the Heauen, and the Earth.

2 And the earth was without forme, and voyd, and darkenesse was vpon the face of the deepe: and the Spirit of God mooued vpon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God diuided the light from the darkenesse.

5 And God called the light, Day, and the darknesse he called Night: and the euening and the morning were the first day.

6 ¶ And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters: and let it diuide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament; and diuided the waters, which were vnder the firmament, from the waters, which were aboue the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament, Heauen: and the euening and the morning were the second day.

9 ¶ And God said, Let the waters vnder the heauen be gathered together vnto one place, and let the dry land appeare: and it was so.

10 And God called the drie land, Earth, and the gathering together of the waters called hee, Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the Earth bring foorth grasse, the herbe yeelding seed, and the fruit tree, yeelding fruit after his kinde, whose seed is in it selfe, vpon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought foorth grasse, and herbe yeelding seed after his kinde, and the tree yeelding fruit, whose seed was in it selfe, after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the euening and the morning were the third day.

14 ¶ And God said, Let there bee lights in the firmament of the heauen, to diuide the day from the night: and let them be for signes and for seasons, and for dayes and yeeres.

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heauen, to giue light vpon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the starres also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heauen, to giue light vpon the earth:

18 And to rule ouer the day, and ouer the night, and to diuide the light from the darkenesse: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the euening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring foorth aboundantly the mouing creature that hath life, and foule that may flie aboue the earth in the open firmament of heauen.

21 And God created great whales, and euery liuing creature that moueth, which the waters brought forth aboundantly after their kinde, and euery winged foule after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitfull, and multiply, and fill the waters in the Seas, and let foule multiply in the earth.

23 And the euening and the morning were the fift day.

24 ¶ And God said, Let the earth bring forth the liuing creature after his kinde, cattell, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kinde: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kinde, and cattell after their kinde, and euery thing that creepeth vpon the earth, after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.

26 ¶ And God said, Let vs make man in our Image, after our likenesse: and let them haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer the cattell, and ouer all the earth, and ouer euery creeping thing that creepeth vpon the earth.

27 So God created man in his owne Image, in the Image of God created hee him; male and female created hee them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said vnto them, Be fruitfull, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer euery liuing thing that mooueth vpon the earth.

29 ¶ And God said, Behold, I haue giuen you euery herbe bearing seede, which is vpon the face of all the earth, and euery tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yeelding seed, to you it shall be for meat:

30 And to euery beast of the earth, and to euery foule of the aire, and to euery thing that creepeth vpon the earth, wherein there is life, I haue giuen euery greene herbe for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw euery thing that hee had made: and behold, it was very good. And the euening and the morning were the sixth day.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:27 pm
Genesis
Chapter 2
Viewing the original 1611 KJV.

1 Thus the heauens and the earth were finished, and all the hoste of them.

2 And on the seuenth day God ended his worke, which hee had made: And he rested on the seuenth day from all his worke, which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seuenth day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his worke, which God created and made.

4 ¶ These are the generations of the heauens, & of the earth, when they were created; in the day that the LORD God made the earth, and the heauens,

5 And euery plant of the field, before it was in the earth, and euery herbe of the field, before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to raine vpon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6 But there went vp a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, & breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a liuing soule.

8 ¶ And the LORD God planted a garden Eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow euery tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food: the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and euill.

10 And a riuer went out of Eden to water the garden, and from thence it was parted, and became into foure heads.

11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Hauilah, where there is gold.

12 And the gold of that land is good: There is Bdellium and the Onix stone.

13 And the name of the second riuer is Gihon: the same is it that
compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

14 And the name of the third riuer is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the East of Assyria: and the fourth riuer is Euphrates.

15 And the LORD God tooke the man, and put him into the garden of Eden, to dresse it, and to keepe it.

16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of euery tree of the garden thou mayest freely eate.

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and euill, thou shalt not eate of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die.

18 ¶ And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone: I will make him an helpe meet for him.

19 And out of þe ground the LORD God formed euery beast of the field, and euery foule of the aire, and brought them vnto Adam, to see what he would call them: and whatsoeuer Adam called euery liuing creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gaue names to all cattell, and to the foule of the aire, and to euery beast of the fielde: but for Adam there was not found an helpe meete for him.

21 And the LORD God caused a deepe sleepe to fall vpon Adam, and hee slept; and he tooke one of his ribs, and closed vp the flesh in stead thereof.

22 And the rib which the LORD God had taken from man, made hee a woman, & brought her vnto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shalbe called woman, because shee was taken out of man.

24 Therefore shall a man leaue his father and his mother, and shall cleaue vnto his wife: and they shalbe one flesh.

25 And they were both naked, the man & his wife, and were not ashamed.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:20 pm
Genesis
Chapter 3

1 Now the serpent was more subtill then any beast of the field, which the LORD God had made, and he said vnto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of euery tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said vnto the serpent, Wee may eate of the fruite of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree, which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shal not eate of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the Serpent said vnto the woman, Ye shall not surely die.

5 For God doeth know, that in the day ye eate thereof, then your eyes shalbee opened: and yee shall bee as Gods, knowing good and euill.

6 And when the woman saw, that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she tooke of the fruit thereof, and did eate, and gaue also vnto her husband with her, and hee did eate.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, & they knew that they were naked, and they sewed figge leaues together, and made themselues aprons.

8 And they heard the voyce of the LORD God, walking in the garden in the coole of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselues from the presence of the LORD God, amongst the trees of the garden.

9 And the LORD God called vnto Adam, and said vnto him, Where art thou?

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden: and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid my selfe.

11 And he said, Who told thee, that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee, that thou shouldest not eate?

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gauest to be with mee, shee gaue me of the tree, and I did eate.

13 And the LORD God said vnto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The Serpent beguiled me, and I did eate.

14 And the LORD God said vnto the Serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed aboue all cattel, and aboue euery beast of the field: vpon thy belly shalt thou goe, and dust shalt thou eate, all the dayes of thy life.

15 And I will put enmitie betweene thee and the woman, and betweene thy seed and her seed: it shal bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heele.

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorowe and thy conception. In sorow thou shalt bring forth children: and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and hee shall rule ouer thee.

17 And vnto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened vnto the voyce of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commaunded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eate of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake: in sorow shalt thou eate of it all the dayes of thy life.

18 Thornes also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee: and thou shalt eate the herbe of the field.

19 In the sweate of thy face shalt thou eate bread, till thou returne vnto the ground: for out of it wast thou taken, for dust thou art, and vnto dust shalt thou returne.

20 And Adam called his wiues name Eue, because she was the mother of all liuing.

21 Unto Adam also, and to his wife, did the LORD God make coates of skinnes, and cloathed them.

22 ¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of vs, to know good & euill. And now lest hee put foorth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eate and liue for euer:

23 Therefore the LORD God sent him foorth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground, from whence he was taken.

24 So he droue out the man: and he placed at the East of the garden of Eden, Cherubims, and a flaming sword, which turned euery way, to keepe the way of the tree of life.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:00 pm
Genesis
Chapter 4

1 And Adam knew Eue his wife, and shee conceiued, and bare Cain, and said, I haue gotten a man from the LORD.

2 And she againe bare his brother Abel, and Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

3 And in processe of time it came to passe, that Cain brought of the fruite of the ground, an offering vnto the LORD.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flocke, and of the fat thereof: and the LORD had respect vnto Abel, and to his offering.

5 But vnto Cain, and to his offring he had not respect: and Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

6 And the LORD said vnto Cain, Why art thou wroth? And why is thy countenance fallen?

7 If thou doe well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sinne lieth at the doore: And vnto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule ouer him.

8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to passe when they were in the field, that Cain rose vp against Abel his brother, and slew him.

9 ¶ And the LORD said vnto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And hee said, I know not: Am I my brothers keeper?

10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voyce of thy brothers blood cryeth vnto me, from the ground.

11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receiue thy brothers blood from thy hand.

12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yeeld vnto thee her strength: A fugitiue and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

13 And Cain said vnto the LORD, My punishment is greater, then I can beare.

14 Behold, thou hast driuen me out this day from the face of the earth, and from thy face shall I be hid, and I shall be a fugitiue, and a vagabond in the earth: and it shall come to passe, that euery one that findeth me, shall slay me.

15 And the LORD said vnto him, Therefore whosoeuer slayeth Cain, vengeance shalbe taken on him seuen fold. And the LORD set a marke vpon Cain, lest any finding him, should kill him.

16 ¶ And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the East of Eden.

17 And Cain knew his wife, and she conceiued and bare Enoch, and hee builded a City, and called the name of the City, after the name of his sonne, Enoch.

18 And vnto Enoch was borne Irad: and Irad begate Mehuiael, and Mehuiael begate Methusael, and Methusael begate Lamech.

19 ¶ And Lamech tooke vnto him two wiues: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

20 And Adah bare Iabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as haue cattell.

21 And his brothers name was Iubal: hee was the father of all such as handle the harpe and organ.

22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubal-Cain, an instructer of euery artificer in brasse and iron: and the sister of Tubal-Cain was Naamah.

23 And Lamech sayd vnto his wiues, Adah and Zillah, Heare my voyce, yee wiues of Lamech, hearken vnto my speech: for I haue slaine a man to my wounding, and a yong man to my hurt.

24 If Cain shall bee auenged seuen fold, truely Lamech seuenty and seuen folde.

25 ¶ And Adam knew his wife againe, and she bare a sonne, & called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed mee another seed in stead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

26 And to Seth, to him also there was borne a sonne, and he called his name Enos: then began men to call vpon the Name of the LORD.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:37 am
Genesis
Chapter 5
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 This is the booke of the generations of Adam: In the day that God created man, in the likenes of God made he him.

2 Male and female created hee them, and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 ¶ And Adam liued an hundred and thirtie yeeres, and begate a sonne in his owne likenesse, after his image; and called his name Seth.

4 And the dayes of Adam, after he had begotten Seth, were eight hundred yeeres: and he begate sonnes and daughters.

5 And all the dayes that Adam liued, were nine hundred and thirtie yeeres: and he died.

6 And Seth liued an hundred and fiue yeeres: and begate Enos.

7 And Seth liued, after he begate Enos, eight hundred and seuen yeeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

8 And all the dayes of Seth, were nine hundred and twelue yeeres, and he died.

9 ¶ And Enos liued ninetie yeeres, and begate Cainan.

10 And Enos liued after hee begate Cainan, eight hundred and fifteene yeeres, and begate sonnes & daughters.

11 And all the dayes of Enos were nine hundred & fiue yeres; and he died.

12 ¶ And Cainan liued seuentie yeeres, and begate Mahalaleel.

13 And Cainan liued after he begate Mahalaleel, eight hundred and fourtie yeeres, & begate sonnes and daughters.

14 And al the dayes of Cainan were nine hundred & ten yeres; and he died.

15 ¶ And Mahalaleel liued sixtie and fiue yeeres, and begat Iared.

16 And Mahalaleel liued after he begate Iared, eight hundred and thirtie yeeres, and begate sonnes & daughters.

17 And all the dayes of Mahalaleel, were eight hundred ninetie and fiue yeeres, and he died.

18 ¶ And Iared liued an hundred sixtie and two yeeres, & he begat Enoch.

19 And Iared liued after he begate Enoch, eight hundred yeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

20 And all the dayes of Iared were nine hundred sixtie and two yeeres, and he died.

21 ¶ And Enoch liued sixtie and fiue yeeres, and begate Methuselah.

22 And Enoch walked with God, after he begate Methuselah, three hundred yeeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

23 And all the dayes of Enoch, were three hundred sixtie and fiue yeeres.

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God tooke him.

25 And Methuselah liued an hundred eightie and seuen yeeres, and begat Lamech.

26 And Methuselah liued, after hee begate Lamech, seuen hundred, eightie and two yeeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

27 And all the dayes of Methuselah were nine hundred, sixtie and nine yeeres, and he died.

28 ¶ And Lamech liued an hundred eightie and two yeeres: and begate a sonne.

29 And he called his name Noah, saying; This same shall comfort vs, concerning our woorke and toyle of our hands, because of the ground, which the LORD hath cursed.

30 And Lamech liued, after hee begate Noah, fiue hundred ninetie and fiue yeeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

31 And all the dayes of Lamech were seuen hundred seuentie and seuen yeeres, and he died.

32 And Noah was fiue hundred yeeres olde: and Noah begate Sem, Ham, and Iapheth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:09 am
Genesis
Chapter 6

1 And it came to passe, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were borne vnto them:

2 That the sonnes of God saw the daughters of men, that they were faire, and they took them wiues, of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My Spirit shall not alwayes striue with man; for that hee also is flesh: yet his dayes shalbe an hundred and twenty yeeres.

4 There were Giants in the earth in those daies: and also after that, when the sonnes of God came in vnto the daughters of men, & they bare children to them; the same became mightie men, which were of old, men of renowme.

5 ¶ And God saw, that the wickednes of man was great in the earth, and that euery imagination of the thoughts of his heart was onely euill continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieued him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man, whom I haue created, from the face of the earth: both man and beast, and the creeping thing, and the foules of the aire: for it repenteth me that I haue made them.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

9 ¶ These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a iust man, and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

10 And Noah begate three sonnes: Sem, Ham, and Iapheth.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God; and the earth was filled with violence.

12 And God looked vpon the earth, and behold, it was corrupt: for all flesh had corrupted his way vpon the earth.

13 And God said vnto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before mee; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

14 ¶ Make thee an Arke of Gopher-wood: roomes shalt thou make in the arke, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15 And this is the fashion, which thou shalt make it of: the length of the arke shalbe three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirtie cubits.

16 A window shalt thou make to the arke, and in a cubite shalt thou finish it aboue; and the doore of the arke shalt thou set in the side thereof: With lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

17 And behold, I, euen I doe bring a flood of waters vpon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life from vnder heauen, and euery thing that is in the earth shall die.

18 But with thee wil I establish my Couenant: and thou shalt come into the Arke, thou, and thy sonnes, and thy wife, and thy sonnes wiues with thee.

19 And of euery liuing thing of all flesh, two of euery sort shalt thou bring into the Arke, to keepe them aliue with thee: they shall be male and female.

20 Of fowles after their kinde, and of cattel after their kinde: of euery creeping thing of the earth after his kinde, two of euery sort shall come vnto thee, to keepe them aliue.

21 And take thou vnto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food, for thee, and for them.

22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:10 am
Genesis
Chapter 7

1 And the LORD saide vnto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the Arke: for thee haue I seene righteous before me, in this generation.

2 Of euery cleane beast thou shalt take to thee by seuens, the male and his female: and of beastes that are not cleane, by two, the male and his female.

3 Of fowles also of the aire, by seuens, the male & the female; to keepe
seed aliue vpon the face of all the earth.

4 For yet seuen dayes, and I will cause it to raine vpon the earth, fortie dayes, and forty nights: and euery liuing substance that I haue made, will I destroy, frō off the face of the earth.

5 And Noah did according vnto all that the LORD commanded him.

6 And Noah was sixe hundred yeeres old, when the flood of waters was vpon the earth.

7 ¶ And Noah went in, and his sonnes, and his wife, and his sonnes wiues with him, into the Arke, because of the waters of the Flood.

8 Of cleane beasts, & of beasts that are not cleane, & of fowles, and of euery thing that creepeth vpon the earth,

9 There went in two and two vnto Noah into the Arke, the male & the female, as God had commanded Noah.

10 And it came to passe after seuen dayes, that the waters of the Flood were vpon the earth.

11 ¶ In the sixe hundredth yeere of Noahs life, in the second moneth, the seuenteenth day of the moneth, the same day, were al the fountaines of the great deepe broken vp, and the windowes of heauen were opened.

12 And the raine was vpon the earth, fortie dayes, and fortie nights.

13 In the selfe same day entred Noah, and Sem, and Ham, and Iapheth, the sonnes of Noah, and Noahs wife, and the three wiues of his sonnes with them, into the Arke,

14 They, and euery beast after his kinde, & all the cattell after their kinde: and euery creeping thing that creepeth vpon the earth after his kinde, and euery foule after his kinde, euery birde of euery sort.

15 And they went in vnto Noah into the Arke, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commaunded him: and the LORD shut him in.

17 And the Flood was fortie dayes vpon the earth, and the waters increased, and bare vp the Arke, and it was lift vp aboue the earth.

18 And the waters preuailed, and were encreased greatly vpon the earth: and the Arke went vpon the face of the waters.

19 And the waters preuailed exceedingly vpon the earth, and all the high hils, that were vnder the whole heauen, were couered.

20 Fifteene cubits vpward, did the waters preuaile; and the mountaines were couered.

21 And all flesh died, that mooued vpon the earth, both of fowle, & of cattell, and of beast, and of euery creeping thing that creepeth vpon the earth, and euery man.

22 All in whose nosethrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And euery liuing substance was destroyed, which was vpon the face of the ground, both man and cattell, and the creeping things, and the foule of the heauen; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah onely remained aliue, and they that were with him in the Arke.

24 And the waters preuailed vpon the earth, an hundred and fifty dayes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:00 am
Genesis
Chapter 8

1 And God remembred Noah, and euery liuing thing, and all the cattell that was with him in the Arke: and God made a winde to passe ouer the earth, and the waters asswaged.

2 The fountaines also of the deepe, and the windowes of heauen were stopped, and the raine from heauen was restrained.

3 And the waters returned from off the earth, continually: and after the end of the hundred and fiftie dayes, the waters were abated.

4 And the Arke rested in the seuenth moneth, on the seuenteenth day of the moneth, vpon the mountaines of Ararat.

5 And the waters decreased continually vntill the tenth moneth: in the tenth moneth, on the first day of the moneth, were the tops of the mountaines seene.

6 ¶ And it came to passe at the end of forty dayes, that Noah opened the window of the Arke which he had made.

7 And he sent forth a Rauen, which went foorth to and fro, vntill the waters were dried vp from off the earth.

8 Also hee sent foorth a doue from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground.

9 But the doue found no rest for the sole of her foote, and she returned vnto him into the Arke: for the waters were on the face of the whole earth. Then he put foorth his hand, and tooke her, and pulled her in vnto him, into the Arke.

10 And hee stayed yet other seuen dayes; and againe hee sent foorth the doue out of the Arke.

11 And the doue came in to him in the euening, and loe, in her mouth was an Oliue leafe pluckt off: So Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

12 And hee stayed yet other seuen dayes, and sent forth the doue, which returned not againe vnto him any more.

13 ¶ And it came to passe in the sixe hundredth and one yeere, in the first moneth, the first day of the moneth, the waters were dryed vp from off the earth: and Noah remooued the couering of the Arke, and looked, and behold, the face of the ground was drie.

14 And in the second moneth, on the seuen and twentieth day of the moneth, was the earth dried.

15 ¶ And God spake vnto Noah, saying,

16 Goe foorth of the Arke, thou, and thy wife, and thy sonnes, and thy sonnes wiues with thee:

17 Bring foorth with thee euery liuing thing that is with thee, of all flesh, both of fowle, and of cattell, and of euery creeping thing that creepeth vpon the earth, that they may breed abundantly in the earth, and be fruitfull, and multiply vpon the earth.

18 And Noah went foorth, and his sonnes, and his wife, and his sonnes wiues with him:

19 Euery beast, euery creeping thing, and euery fowle, and whatsoeuer creepeth vpon the earth, after their kinds, went foorth out of the Arke.

20 ¶ And Noah builded an Altar vnto the LORD, and tooke of euery cleane beast, and of euery cleane fowle, and offred burnt offrings on the Altar.

21 And the LORD smelled a sweete sauour, and the LORD said in his heart, I will not againe curse the ground any more for mans sake; for the imagination of mans heart is euil from his youth: neither will I againe smite any more euery thing liuing, as I haue done.

22 While the earth remaineth, seed-time and haruest, and cold, and heat, and Summer, and Winter, and day and night, shall not cease.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:01 am
Genesis
Chapter 9

1 And God blessed Noah, and his sonnes, and said vnto them, Bee fruitfull and multiply, and replenish the earth.

2 And the feare of you, & the dread of you shall be vpon euery beast of the earth, and vpon euery fowle of the aire, vpon all that mooueth vpon the earth, and vpon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they deliuered.

3 Euery mouing thing that liueth, shalbe meat for you; euen as the greene herbe haue I giuen you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall you not eate.

5 And surely your blood of your liues will I require: at the hand of euery beast will I require it, & at the hand of man, at the hand of euery mans brother will I require the life of man.

6 Who so sheddeth mans blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

7 And you, be ye fruitfull, and multiply, bring foorth aboundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

8 ¶ And God spake vnto Noah, and to his sonnes with him, saying;

9 And I, behold, I establish my couenant with you, and with your seede after you:

10 And with euery liuing creature that is with you, of the fowle, of the cattell, and of euery beast of the earth with you, from all that goe out of the Arke, to euery beast of the earth.

11 And I wil establish my couenant with you, neither shal all flesh be cut off any more, by the waters of a flood, neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

12 And God said, This is the token of the Couenant which I make betweene mee and you, and euery liuing creature that is with you, for perpetuall generations.

13 I doe set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a couenant, betweene me and the earth.

14 And it shall come to passe, when I bring a cloud ouer the earth, that the bow shall be seene in the cloud.

15 And I will remember my couenant, which is betweene mee and you, and euery liuing creature of all flesh: and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

16 And the bow shalbe in the cloud; and I will looke vpon it, that I may remember the euerlasting couenant betweene God and euery liuing creature, of all flesh that is vpon the earth.

17 And God said vnto Noah, This is the token of the couenant, which I haue established betweene mee and all flesh, that is vpon the earth.

18 ¶ And the sonnes of Noah that went forth of the Arke, were Shem, and Ham, and Iaphet: and Ham is the father of Canaan.

19 These are the three sonnes of Noah: and of them was the whole earth ouerspread.

20 And Noah began to bee an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard.

21 And he dranke of the wine, and was drunken, and hee was vncouered within his tent.

22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakednesse of his father, and told his two brethren without.

23 And Shem and Iaphet tooke a garment, and layed it vpon both their shoulders, and went backward, and couered the nakednesse of their father, and their faces were backward, and they saw not their fathers nakednesse.

24 And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his yonger sonne had done vnto him.

25 And he said, Cursed bee Canaan: a seruant of seruants shall hee be vnto his brethren.

26 And hee saide, Blessed bee the LORD God of Shem, and Canaan shalbe his seruant.

27 God shall enlarge Iaphet, and he shal dwel in the tents of Shem, and Canaan shalbe his seruant.

28 ¶ And Noah liued after the flood, three hundred and fifty yeeres.

29 And all the dayes of Noah were nine hundred & fifty yeeres, and he died.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:24 am
Genesis
Chapter 10

1 Now these are the generations of the sonnes of Noah; Shem, Ham, and Iaphet: and vnto them were sonnes borne after the Flood.

2 The sonnes of Iaphet: Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Iauan, & Tubal, and Meshech, & Tiras.

3 And the sonnes of Gomer: Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.

4 And the sons of Iauan: Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.

5 By these were the Iles of the Gentiles diuided in their lands, euery one after his tongue: after their families, in their nations.

6 ¶ And the sonnes of Ham: Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.

7 And the sonnes of Cush, Seba, and Hauilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah,
and Sabtecha: and the sonnes of Raamah: Sheba, and Dedan.

8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.

9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is saide, Euen as Nimrod the mightie hunter before the LORD.

10 And the beginning of his kingdome was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineueh, and the citie Rehoboth, and Calah,

12 And Resen betweene Nineueh and Calah: the same is a great citie.

13 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,

14 And Pathrusim, and Casluhim (out of whome came Philistiim) and Caphtorim.

15 ¶ And Canaan begate Sidon his first borne, and Heth,

16 And the Iebusite, and the Emorite, and the Girgasite,

17 And the Hiuite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,

18 And the Aruadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.

19 And the border of the Canaanites, was from Sidon, as thou commest to Gerar, vnto Gaza, as thou goest vnto Sodoma and Gomorah, and Admah, & Zeboim, euen vnto Lasha.

20 These are the sonnes of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.

21 ¶ Unto Shem also the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Iaphet the elder, euen to him were children borne.

22 The children of Shem: Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.

23 And the children of Aram: Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.

24 And Arphaxad begate Salah, and Salah begate Eber.

25 And vnto Eber were borne two sonnes: the name of one was Peleg, for in his dayes was the earth diuided, and his brothers name was Ioktan.

26 And Ioktan begate Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaueth, and Ierah,

27 And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,

28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,

29 And Ophir, and Hauilah, & Iobab: all these were the sonnes of Ioktan.

30 And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest vnto Sephar, a mount of the East.

31 These are the sonnes of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands after their nations.

32 These are the families of the sonnes of Noah after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations diuided in the earth after the Flood.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:28 am
Genesis
Chapter 11

1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speach.

2 And it came to passe as they iourneyed from the East, that they found a plaine in the land of Shinar, and they dwelt there.

3 And they sayd one to another; Goe to, let vs make bricke, and burne them thorowly. And they had bricke for stone, and slime had they for morter.

4 And they said; Goe to, let vs build vs a city and a tower, whose top may reach vnto heauen, and let vs make vs a name, lest we be scattered abroad vpon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the LORD came downe to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the LORD said; Behold, the people is one, and they haue all one language: and this they begin to doe: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they haue imagined to doe.

7 Goe to, let vs go downe, and there cōfound their language, that they may not vnderstand one anothers speech.

8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence, vpon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the Citie.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel, because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad vpon the face of all the earth.

10 ¶ These are the generations of Shem. Shem was an hundred yeres old, and begate Arphaxad two yeeres after the Flood.

11 And Shem liued, after he begate Arphaxad, fiue hundred yeeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

12 And Arphaxad liued fiue and thirtie yeeres, and begate Salah.

13 And Arphaxad liued, after he begate Salah, foure hundred and three yeeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

14 And Salah liued thirtie yeeres, and begate Eber.

15 And Salah liued, after hee begate Eber, foure hundred and three yeeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

16 And Eber liued foure and thirty yeeres, and begate Peleg.

17 And Eber liued, after hee begate Peleg, foure hundred and thirtie yeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

18 And Peleg liued thirtie yeeres, and begate Reu.

19 And Peleg liued, after hee begate Reu, two hundred and nine yeeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

20 And Reu liued two and thirtie yeeres, and begate Serug.

21 And Reu liued, after hee begate Serug, two hundreth and seuen yeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

22 And Serug liued thirtie yeeres, and begate Nahor.

23 And Serug liued, after he begate Nahor, two hundred yeeres, and begat sonnes and daughters.

24 And Nahor liued nine and twentie yeeres, and begate Terah.

25 And Nahor liued, after he begate Terah, an hundred & nineteene yeeres, and begate sonnes and daughters.

26 And Terah liued seuenty yeeres, and begate Abram, Nahor, & Haran.

27 ¶ Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begate Abram, Nahor, and Haran: And Haran begate Lot.

28 And Haran died, before his father Terah in the land of his natiuity, in Ur of the Chaldees.

29 And Abram and Nahor tooke them wiues: the name of Abrams wife was Sarai, and the name of Nahors wife, Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father of Milcah, and the father of Iscah.

30 But Sarai was barren; she had no childe.

31 And Terah tooke Abram his sonne, and Lot the sonne of Haran his sonnes sonne, and Sarai his daughter in lawe, his sonne Abrams wife, and they went foorth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to goe into the land of Canaan: and they came vnto Haran, and dwelt there.

32 And the dayes of Terah, were two hundred and fiue yeres: and Terah died in Haran.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:28 am
Genesis
Chapter 12

1 Now the LORD had said vnto Abram, Get thee out of thy countrey, and from thy kinred, and from thy fathers house, vnto a land that I will shew thee.

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I wil blesse thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt bee a blessing.

3 And I will blesse them that blesse thee, and curse him, that curseth thee: and in thee shal all families of the earth be blessed.

4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken vnto him, and Lot went with him: And Abram was seuentie and fiue yeeres old when he departed out of Haran.

5 And Abram tooke Sarai his wife, and Lot his brothers sonne, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the soules that they had gotten in Haran, and they went foorth to goe into the land of Canaan: and into the land of Canaan they came.

6 ¶ And Abram passed through the land, vnto the place of Sichem, vnto the plaine of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.

7 And the LORD appeared vnto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed wil I giue this land: and there builded hee an altar vnto the LORD, who appeared vnto him.

8 And he remoued from thence vnto a mountaine, on the East of Beth-el, and pitched his tent hauing Beth-el on the West, and Hai on the East: and there hee builded an altar vnto the LORD, and called vpon the Name of the LORD.

9 And Abram iourneyed, going on still toward the South.

10 ¶ And there was a famine in the land, and Abram went downe into Egypt, to soiourne there: for the famine was grieuous in the land.

11 And it came to passe when he was come neere to enter into Egypt, that he said vnto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a faire woman to looke vpon.

12 Therefore it shall come to passe, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, This is his wife: and they will kill me, but they will saue thee aliue.

13 Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister, that it may be wel with me, for thy sake; and my soule shall liue, because of thee.

14 ¶ And it came to passe, that when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman, that shee was very faire.

15 The Princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and the woman was taken into Pharaohs house.

16 And he entreated Abram well for her sake: and he had sheepe, and oxen, and hee asses, and men seruants, and maid seruants, and shee asses, and camels.

17 And the LORD plagued Pharaoh & his house with great plagues, because of Sarai Abrams wife.

18 And Pharaoh called Abram, and said, What is this that thou hast done vnto me? Why diddest thou not tell me, that she was thy wife?

19 Why saidest thou, Shee is my sister? so I might haue taken her to mee to wife: now therfore behold, thy wife, take her and goe thy way.

20 And Pharaoh cōmanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:00 am
Genesis
Chapter 13

1 And Abram went vp out of Egypt, he and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the South.

2 And Abram was very rich in cattell, in siluer, and in gold.

3 And hee went on his iourneyes from the South, euen to Beth-el, vnto the place where his tent had bene at the beginning, betweene Beth-el and Hai:

4 Unto the place of the altar, which he had made there at the first: and there Abram called on the Name of the LORD.

5 ¶ And Lot also which went with Abram, had flocks and heards, & tents.

6 And the land was not able to beare them, that they might dwell together: for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell together.

7 And there was a strife betweene the heardmen of Abrams cattell, and the heardmen of Lots cattell: And the Canaanite, and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land.

8 And Abram said vnto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, betweene mee and thee, and betweene my heardmen and thy heardmen: for wee bee brethren.

9 Is not the whole land before thee? Separate thy selfe, I pray thee, from mee: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will goe to the right: or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will goe to the left.

10 And Lot lifted vp his eyes, and beheld all the plaine of Iordane, that it was well watered euery where before the Lord destroyed Sodome and Gomorah, euen as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou commest vnto Zoar.

11 Then Lot chose him all the plaine of Iordane: and Lot iourneyed East; and they separated themselues the one from the other.

12 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plaine, and pitched his tent toward Sodome.

13 But the men of Sodome were wicked, and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.

14 ¶ And the LORD said vnto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift vp now thine eyes, and looke from the place where thou art, Northward, and Southward, and Eastward, and Westward.

15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seede for euer.

16 And I will make thy seede as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbred.

17 Arise, walke through the land, in the length of it, and in the breadth of it: for I will giue it vnto thee.

18 Then Abram remoued his tent, and came and dwelt in the plaine of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar vnto the LORD.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:03 am
Genesis
Chapter 14

1 And it came to passe in the dayes of Amraphel King of Shinar, Arioch King of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer King of Elam, and Tidal King of nations:

2 That these made warre with Bera King of Sodome, and with Birsha King of Gomorrah, Shinab King of Admah, and Shemeber King of Zeboiim, and the King of Bela, which is Zoar.

3 All these were ioyned together in the vale of Siddim; which is the salt Sea.

4 Twelue yeeres they serued Chedorlaomer, and in the thirteenth yeere they rebelled.

5 And in the fourteenth yeere came Chedorlaomer, and the Kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims, in Ashteroth Karnaim, & the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaueh Kiriathaim;

6 And the Horites in their mount Seir, vnto El-Paran, which is by the wildernesse.

7 And they returned, and came to En-mishpat, which is Kadesh, & smote all the countrey of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites, that dwelt in Hazezon-tamar.

8 And there went out the King of Sodome, and the King of Gomorrah, and the King of Admah, and the King of Zeboiim, and the King of Bela, (the same is Zoar) and they ioyned battell with them, in the vale of Siddim,

9 With Chedorlaomer the King of Elam, and with Tidal King of nations, and Amraphel King of Shinar, and Arioch King of Ellasar; foure Kings with fiue.

10 And the vale of Siddim was full of slime-pits: and the Kings of Sodome & Gomorrah fled, and fell there: and they that remained, fled to the mountaine.

11 And they tooke all the goods of Sodome and Gomorrah, and all their victuals, and went their way.

12 And they tooke Lot, Abrams brothers sonne, (who dwelt in Sodome) and his goods, and departed.

13 ¶ And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew, for hee dwelt in the plaine of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram.

14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captiue, he armed his trained seruants borne in his owne house, three hundred and eighteene, and pursued them vnto Dan.

15 And hee diuided himselfe against them, he and his seruants by night, and smote them, and pursued them vnto Hoba, which is on the left hand of Damascus:

16 And hee brought backe all the goods, and also brought againe his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.

17 ¶ And the king of Sodome went out to meete him, (after his returne from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the Kings that were with him) at the valley of Saueh, which is the Kings dale.

18 And Melchizedek King of Salem brought foorth bread and wine: and he was the Priest of the most high God.

19 And hee blessed him, and saide; Blessed bee Abram of the most high God, possessour of heauen and earth,

20 And blessed bee the most high God, which hath deliuered thine enemies into thy hand: and hee gaue him tithes of all.

21 And the King of Sodome said vnto Abram, giue me the persons, and take the goods to thy selfe.

22 And Abram said to the King of Sodome, I haue lift vp my hand vnto the LORD, the most high God, the possessour of heauen and earth,

23 That I wil not take from a threed euen to a shoe latchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I haue made Abram rich:

24 Saue onely that which the yong men haue eaten, and the portion of the men which went with mee, Aner, Eschol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:57 am
Genesis
Chapter 15

1 After these things, the word of the LORD came vnto Abram in a vision, saying; Feare not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou giue me, seeing I goe childlesse? and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus.

3 And Abram said; Behold, to mee thou hast given no seed: and loe, one borne in my house is mine heire.

4 And behold, the word of the LORD came vnto him, saying; This shall not be thine heire: but he that shall come foorth out of thy owne bowels, shalbe thine heire.

5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Looke now towards heauen, and tell the starres, if thou be able to number them. And hee said vnto him, So shall thy seed be.

6 And he beleeued in the LORD; and hee counted it to him for righteousnesse.

7 And he said vnto him; I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Caldees, to give thee this land, to inherit it.

8 And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shal I know that I shall inherit it?

9 And he said vnto him, Take me an heifer of three yeeres old, and a shee goat of three yeeres old, and a ramme of three yeeres old, and a turtle doue, and a yong pigeon.

10 And he tooke vnto him all these, and diuided them in the midst, and layd each peece one against another: but the birds diuided he not.

11 And when the fowles came downe vpon the carcases, Abram droue them away.

12 And when the Sunne was going downe, a deepe sleepe fell vpon Abram: and loe, an horrour of great darkenesse fell vpon him.

13 And he said vnto Abram, Know of a surety, that thy seed shalbe a stranger, in a land that is not theirs, and shal serue them, and they shall afflict them foure hundred yeeres.

14 And also that nation whom they shall serue, wil I iudge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

15 And thou shalt goe to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.

16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither againe: for the iniquitie of the Amorites is not yet full.

17 And it came to passe that when the Sunne went downe, and it was darke, behold, a smoking furnace, and a burning lampe that passed betweene those pieces.

18 In that same day the LORD made a couenant with Abram, saying; Unto thy seed haue I giuen this land from the riuer of Egypt vnto the great riuer, the riuer Euphrates:

19 The Kenites, and the Kenizites, and the Kadmonites:

20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,

21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Iebusites.  
The Bible

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff