Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
Providence HQ (Washington DC) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:27 pm
User Image

The Providence Headquarters was built in Washington DC as a symbol of their partnership with the US government and Humanity in general. It's location is no secret, a unspoken challenge to the Dominion. Come and get us, if you can. The building is well protected by some of Providence's most powerful Deviants. The interior is state of the art, the best the US Government can afford with the on going war. Inside are offices and conference rooms for those working on the war effort. There are holding cells and interrogation rooms for prisoners of war, as well as temporary rooms for members of Providence to sleep in if necessary. Most of their living quarters are in another building off campus however.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:47 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

User Image User Image User Image

Lexi Darksilver

Lexi had roughly an hour to kill before this meeting between the various leadership of Providence. The cynical part of her wondered why she was here so early, or even why they were meeting in person, removing the leaders from the field and hoping the Dominion didn’t make a major move while they were all away. Part of her knew exactly why she was here so early though and whatever cynical thoughts she had she’d smile and encourage the others who were there. As it was, she found herself talking to Leon, who was drunk as always, yet strangely often more functional drunk that when he was sober.

Jan 27 2013

Nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am
Mathis Mathews

I felt strange being in Providence. Surrounded by people he believed he had stabbed in the back. The truth was slightly more complicated but he decided some time ago that it no longer mattered. The Dominion was a threat. No one who believed in genetic based superiority could be considered less. This meeting was supposed to help address that threat but Mathis didn't like the idea of the leadership being called together to discuss it. It left them vulnerable. If the Dominion attacked here, there were defenses, but everywhere else... Mathis purged the thought from his mind and found a place to sit while he waited for the meeting. He didn't have a strong desire to seek anyone out because he was for the most part, not trusted. When your allegiance shifted like his, it was hard to be trustworthy.

Date: January 27, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:24 pm
User Image
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Alvin McArlington☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

☣Name: Alvin McArlington
☣Sexuality: Straight
☣Mood: Intrigued
☣Current Thought: Look at this.
☣Current Theme:• Main Theme 2: Assembly

☣ . . . "Equivalent Exchange, everything come with a price, the question is are you willing to foot the bill for it?" . . .☣

================ ☣==================

Alvin arrived to the meeting on time, which for him meant early. Adjusting his attire he scanned the room, trying to see if his fearless leaders were present, though none of the important figures in Providence had arrived or appeared ready for this farce. He found that it was an open invite for Dominion. "We're having a lil get together so if you don't mind, try not to do anything while we figure out how to deal with you ok Dominion?" The thought made him chuckle as his gaze fell upon a raven haired beauty. He'd seen this woman every once and awhile but not enough to say he was acquainted, which was a shame for him cause she was quite the looker. As he moved to approach her his gaze fell on a person he'd least expect to be here, or at least allowed in. Approaching the man he smiled as he tapped his cane on the marble floor. With both hands clasped on the dragon head cane he smiled

Well hello Sir Benedict. Im surprise to see you here. More so I'm amazed they let you in. Must be very uncomfortable to be surrounded by those who despise you. Though I see the reason why they would keep you around. You know the old saying, "Keep my friends close, but my enemies closer". But I digress, i didn't come over to berate you for your treacherous action in the past, but to hopefully make a friend. Lord knows you need all the ones you can get.

With that being said he sat down in the chair next to Mathis. He personally had no qualms about the man's past actions. In Alvin's mind it was simple. He let himself be coaxed by the tricks of the enemy and the cost of that was the trust his friends held in him.

================ ☣ ==================

☣. "I just wish to bring the world back to normal" . ☣

Main Theme 1: A Necessary End
Main Theme 2: Assembly
Main Theme 3: Faust's Theme
Emotional Theme 1: Sorrows
Emotional Theme 2: Vanishing Sky
Battle Theme 1: Blood Tie
Battle Theme 2: Reincarnation- I'll Face Myself
Comeback Theme 1: Shingeki no kyojin Ost - Attack ON Titan
Comeback Theme 2: Devils Never Cry
Theme [Suspense]: Si Deus Me Relinquit

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Faust☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

Revak-Dovah-Jun

Angelic Genius

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:30 pm
Deadly_Tiger

User Image
Takuto Ishikawa

User ImageUser Image

Takuto had arrived before them all to set up the various electronics needed. He had been under the table arranging cords when he heard people arriving. He came out from under with a few cords in hand. Another agent was nearby Agent Halo he believed she was called. "Hey mind holding these for a second I got to sort the mess behind the screen." He asked passing them off to her. Looks like one of the new guys wired this one "Gee total rats nest back here, I color code these for a reason." He said to no one in particular. He began to rearranging them properly. A cord dropped to the floor and he peered out from behind the screen and back to Halo. "Hey pass the green cord." He asked hoping she wasn't color blind  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:54 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi didn't address Mathis's arrival right away, preferring at the moment to stay in her conversation with Leon. Even before New York their relationship had been complicated. Compared to now things had been simple back then. She had loved him, mourned his death, tried to kill him. She remembered a completely different relationship than he did and he had no desire to reclaim those lost memories.

“Hey, you've survived this much.” Leon slurred with a lazy grin.

All Lexi could do was nod to the remark while feeling a blush creep up on her face. There was a war going on, a fight for the future of the world and she was standing here worried about some petty relationship. Thankfully Takuto had picked that moment to pop out from under a table and requested some help, saving her from having to form a reply to Leon's statement. “Of course.” She said with a smile as she walked over to Takuto to hold the cords. That was about when a man with long blond hair and a cane addressed Mathis. While she'd seen the man before, that was really about all she knew about him. Either way as soon as she heard what he had said she knew things would go south relatively quickly. “Err...here.” She passed the green coloured cord to Takuto before holding the rest out to Leon. “Can you hold these for a minute.” She requested, passing the duty of cord holder.

By the time she had reached the pair of males Mathis had already given a reply and stood up, clearly upset by the words just as she knew he would be. “Mathis, let it go.” She said softly, while gently touching his arm.

Jan 27 2013

Nine1122
Divine Nephilim
Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:17 pm
Mathis Mathews

"You claim you didn't come to berate me but you have done nothing since you arrived otherwise. I don't need friends. Especially ones like you." Mathis said before standing. In the Dominion, that would have gone very differently. Mathis was always more forward with his aggression there but he was on thin ice in Providence. And if Alvin made his way down a staircase, he would find himself slipping on ice. Before anything could escalate, Lexi arrived to try and maintain peace. "I'm fine." Mathis said before leaning to whisper to Lexi "but if you're not here the next time someone says something..." He didn't explain what he meant. Instead he moved to the next topic. "How much longer until the meeting?"

Date: January 27, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:53 pm

Jaxon Grant

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

J A N U A R Y
[X] 27th [X] 2 0 1 3

He had seemingly been early, earlier than those who liked to be early as it was given. He was a man of time clearly, that saying "To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late" being applied to him, but that was probably because of his military background. That and the fact he literally was making sure this Dominion situation was dealt with rather easily.
After all, he almost lost his family from reckless situations.

He did not announce himself. Instead, he sat like a few early attenders had,
maybe getting bored with the other affairs taking place before the meeting itself. He did his best to look the part, wearing a nice suit. Technical issues were being addressed. As a newbie of sorts, he doubt there was much he could say or do other than just to observe and listen to the meeting soon to occur. Still, he was set up for quite a show. It seemed that some people were rather hostile or seemingly up in arms against one another. That in itself warranted a gaze from his brown eyes.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

O.O.C.:

Nine1122
:

Divine Nephilim

Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

Revak-Dovah-Jun

Angelic Genius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:02 pm
User Image
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Alvin McArlington☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

☣Name: Alvin McArlington
☣Sexuality: Straight
☣Mood: Intrigued
☣Current Thought: I wont show a grown man pity.
☣Current Theme:• Main Theme 2: Assembly

☣ . . . "Equivalent Exchange, everything comes with a price, the question is are you willing to foot the bill for it?" . . .☣

================ ☣==================

Alvin couldnt help chuckle at Mathis. It was amusing to him that the man was in his feelings. Why was he mad anyway, he should be glad anyone would talk to him period. Granted Alvin could have been a bit nicer but what was the point. There was no need for pity for a grown man.

I must admit it wasnt intentional but what do you expect Sir Mathews? You expect me to be ok with what happened? To be alright with the blood of our friends, our allies stained on your hands? If you ask me im the best friend you'll get. Everyone wants to dance around the subject. Until proven otherwise, you are nothing more than a snake, a traitor,
a variable that must be watched closely. I rather live in the harsh reality of the truth than dance around in sugarcoated lie. And for what? to spare your feelings? Not likely.

Just as things were getting heated, that raven beauty appeared again and seemed to calm Sir Mathews. It was just in time to as Alvin had already prepared to transmute the ground beneath the man into a quicksand like liquid, if was going to get rowdy that is. At any rate he looked at his watch as he was hoping for this meeting to commence soon. The longer he was away from his team the worried something would go wrong. But in the meantime he'd still try and salvage this situation. Standing he bowed to the raven haired beauty, before looking back up at her with his blue eyes and an extended hand.

I do believe an introduction is in order. Im Alvin McArlington, Codename: Faust. Its pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss?

================ ☣ ==================

☣. "I just wish to bring the world back to normal" . ☣

Main Theme 1: A Necessary End
Main Theme 2: Assembly
Main Theme 3: Faust's Theme
Emotional Theme 1: Sorrows
Emotional Theme 2: Vanishing Sky
Battle Theme 1: Blood Tie
Battle Theme 2: Reincarnation- I'll Face Myself
Comeback Theme 1: Shingeki no kyojin Ost - Attack ON Titan
Comeback Theme 2: Devils Never Cry
Theme [Suspense]: Si Deus Me Relinquit

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Faust☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:40 pm
Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Unsurprisingly, the Head Scientist herself would arrive to attend, pacing through the front entrance in her formal attire, briefcase in hand, and taking the elevator upstairs to the lobby. It was an open meeting, and though many notable leaders were present, there were capable officers left behind to manage things while they were away. While many attendees were aware that there was a meeting to attend (some mandatory, others optional), many were not aware of the way the meeting was to occur. It just so happened that there was a meeting room built for more open meetings, such as the one to be hosted, and meetings more private. It contained three areas: the center (which was for Regional Councilors, Government Representatives, Department Heads, and the Director), the first ring (noteworthy officers whom were asked to attend), and the second ring (composed of individuals who wished to partake). When the meeting occurred, she would be expected to utilize one of four compass entrances and take the stairs down to the center, where each section was divided by bulletproof glass. While the meeting room was open, there were a few finishing touches that needed to be made. In the meantime, many lingered in the lobby or the various floors of their headquarters, some meeting old comrades and reflecting on time spent apart. When she reached the fourth floor, she peered at the watch on her wrist and walked forward.

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:18 pm
Deadly_Tiger

Kungfudemoness

User Image

“Whoaaaaaa!” It would’ve easily caught someone by surprise, but Wink found herself teleporting right in the meeting room. The last time she was there, she had been staring at the ceiling, bored out of her mind with all the serious talk. As a result, when she attempted to teleport to the meeting room from her room, she ended up a few inches from and facing the ceiling. During the fall of the Wink Empire, she reached out for the juice box she accidentally let go of and caught it in mid-air, though she was still headed towards the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:23 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

Leon chuckled as he took the handful of cord from Lexi. Self-proclaimed peace keeper. Honestly Leon would have been more inclined to let Mathis hit the guy and add an insult of his own for good measure. It was probably for the best that Lexi went to deal with it instead. A sudden shout from above alerted Leon to the presence of another. He glanced up in time to see a backside suspended in the air for a few scant moments before gravity took over. A step to the side and with outstretched arms he swiftly caught the owner to said backside. “I didn’t think you’d drop in after the last meeting.” He grinned down at Wink. “Come to help Glitch with the wiring?” What would happen if she teleported with one of his wires?

Jan 27 2013

Santiago Campos
Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:03 pm
Santiago Campos
Deadly_Tiger

User Image
Takuto Ishikawa

User ImageUser Image

Having finished behind the screen he proceded to get ready to check see if he needed to do anything with the speakers. He was just about to hop on the table when he heard a yelp and soon Wink was flat on her back with her usually apple juice box on top of the table "You do realize there is a door here right? You should try using it, you probably have fun with it." He said snarking at her. He mostly ignored the biickering. Not really his department so he kept his nose out of it. That he had learned quick in his so far twelve to thirteen years here. He had pretty spent most of his growing years here and had quite the education.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

It seemed her tentative plans of spending most of this meeting avoiding Mathis had been laid to ruin with that one whispered sentence. Part of her always knew it was an unrealistic goal from the start. It seemed inevitable that they would be drawn together one way or another. She'd spent no small amount of effort trying to end Mathis, yet somehow here they stood once more. In any event it seemed most of the rest of the afternoon would be spent preventing Mathis from trying to injure whoever pissed him off next. “We are all allies here. And the meeting is still roughly forty minutes away.” She stated firmly, looking from Alvin to Mathis. Whatever comments she had about Mathis's threat would wait until the pair were alone.

“Halo.” She answered shortly in response to Alvin's implied question. It wasn't a slight against him in particular. If he asked around he would quickly learn she rarely went by her real name and preferred most didn't call her by it outside of a select few people. Those who had been her friends before New York. It was with a small amount of hesitation that she gave Alvin her hand though she maintained her light grip on Mathis's upper arm. She wasn't particularly enamored by Alvin presently given his seeming attempts to start something with Mathis, but the gesture in itself was reminiscence of a dear friend of hers. One that had passed away not too long ago.

Jan 27 2013

Nine1122
Divine Nephilim

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Main Role-play

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers