Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:15 pm
The third floor of the ritual room is a long, comfortable space. Fetches are hurriedly removing silk covers from the furniture, exposing small tables and comfortable-looking wooden chairs. Other fetches carried in a shelf full of books, a chest full of magical implements. Felt, evidently the ringleader, directs them all as he places what looks like small carved stones in the corners of the room.

There is a small tray of pastries that never seems to run out. Next to it is a carafe of coffee and a stack of uninteresting styrofoam-esque cups. Cream and sugar are provided.

To the southeast, at the direct right of the stairs, is a door to the rest of the Court.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:16 pm
User Image

You are currently restricted to the third floor. You may exit to the Court through the door.

Should you attempt to go downstairs by any mechanism, an angry fetch will redirect you.

As in the Congregation thread, any conversation held in this thread can be overheard, save for those conversations which are held in private telepathic channels. Should you wish to have a private conversation, post an exit for your characters and create a new thread in the event forum. Your characters can re-enter once the private conversation thread has been wrapped.  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:20 pm
current prompt.
    Currently, combat has broken out in the home base and the visitors are going up against the Burning Man.

how to play.
    This segment functions slightly differently to earlier sections. GM posts will not come on a schedule; the GM will respond at least once per day, but most likely will respond much more often than that to keep the thread moving. If there are no player posts in 24 hours, the GM will end the round that you are in and move your characters on to the next. Please do not quote the GM in your posts. Please do bold and highlight the names of GM characters involved in your posts. The mechanic for this thread is in the current prompts post.

Your stated goal is to locate Ezra and determine what it is he was trying to do. You will do this by utilizing the scrying tools available to you. Certain tools and aspects will make your rolls more likely to succeed and give you useful information. You may, in the course of your search, leave the home base and acquire materials from other places within the Court. All scrying must be done in the home base thread, however.

The success of this thread will effect the success of the hunt for Ezra, enabling them to find him faster or fight him better.

Well-written or insightful posts may result in the GM adding extra buff points. The GM does not have to add these. The GM may not remove points from the score under any circumstances.

Quote:
    Scrying
    Write a list of materials or methods used. Are you scrying in water or a mirror? Do you have a focal point to use? What’s your emotional state?
    Collect your total buffs. This number is flat added to the collected score for the round. Post your total buff score at the top of your post.
    Roll 1d10. Higher scores net you better information.
    1 = Critical failure. -10 from the collected score for the round.
    10 = Critical success. +20 to the collected score for the round.
    If your score is 4 or higher, quote shibrogane to get your scrying results.

Quote:
    Scrying as a Warg
    Should you wish to use your animal familiar to scry by searching another location, please post a solo of at least 200 words in a separate thread. Post the location at the top in bolded font, and roll a d100. Assume all spaces you might like to search are accessible; the otherworld and Ashdown itself are accessible. The one inaccessible location is Ezra’s demesne in the Court.

Quote:
    Scrying Material Buffs
    • An item of Ezra’s +2
    • A physical piece of Ezra, such as hair +4
    • Calm emotional state +1
    • Water scrying -4
    • Mirror scrying +2
    • Clear goal in mind +2
      (Please note this doesn’t mean “I want to see Ezra”. A clear goal is something like “I want to see Ezra doing a stupid dance the most recent time he did a stupid dance,” or “I want to see where Ezra’s focal point is”.)
    • Quiet working space +2
    • Access to an "Ezra’s X" power +4

The total score at the end of each round of scrying spells will be multiplied by .01. The resulting number will be a flat multiplier onto the round score for the hunt thread. It behooves you to do the best you can in this thread in order to best help the players in that thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:22 pm
past prompts.  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:24 pm
approachable npcs
    Silk
  • The Regent of the Spinel Lady. In the absence of the physical form of the Charter, Silk is the leader of the noble faction. She is the oldest fetch and the strongest of them, magically speaking. Silk responds best to those who show her respect and who demonstrate good manners. Disrespect and disinterest only earn her ire.
    Felt
  • Apparently Silk's second-in-command, or at least a more trusted fetch. He's easier to work with than she is, but still craves respect and will be most helpful to those who respect his knowledge.

present, unapproachable npcs
    none yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:25 pm
Quote:
[quote="a-disgruntled-dragon"]erin[/quote][quote="azuredreams"]jeremiah and nasir[/quote][quote="The Semblance of Unity"]preacher, horace, and temperance[/quote][quote="demon_pachabel"]cassandra[/quote][quote="Melancholies"]Oliver and Shiloh and Mila[/quote][quote="iloveyouDIE"]algernon and wil[/quote][quote="Daekie"]alexis[/quote][quote="saedusk"]Jamie and Elliot[/quote][quote="Smerdle"]Rabbit, Theo, Chester[/quote][quote="cibarium"]eve and leila[/quote][quote="Grey Dragon"]kaleb[/quote][quote="Blade Kuroda"]Shun[/quote][quote="lizbot"]America[/quote][quote="AMItotic"]Lily[/quote][quote="Ephebe"]Nazriya[/quote][quote="GhouIs"]Ro[/quote]

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:39 pm
Cass tried to not fidget too nervously as she ascended the staircase to the third floor, playing with her fingers and frowning as she found a place to stand and wait. There were things to do. What would be the most helpful thing for her to do in this instance?

She had a feeling most people were going to want to hunt down Ezra - and part of her wanted to as well. People she cared about were in danger because of his actions, but it was likely better for them to fetch him, right?

But she also had no practical magic to speak of...

which left checking on people she didn't even know?

Well. She was particularly useless. Maybe she'd wait to see where she was needed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:40 pm
Jeremiah gave Silk a nod. "I defer to your knowledge, Silk. Thank you." That it was likely best to leave July and September alone, to not bring them into this. He truly did not want to bring danger to them. It was time to move upstairs, to gather and plan to what they would do next.

The fetches were working quickly to give them things to work with it looked like. Once a fair amount of them were upstairs on the third floor, Jeremiah spoke again.

"I can, at least, move quickly enough with a few others to check on one of the triplets before moving on to the next." At least, in theory he would be able to. Jeremiah knew that within this world his power was amplified. Was this to Ashdown he would think otherwise but within other ashdown anything was possible with the proper will. "I just need those to be in proximity with me to do so." A breath escaped. "After checking on Pride, Pax, and Noeh, I would prefer to join the contingent to look for Lord Ezra as he was my patron."

... and he had willingly given his fingerprint over to him and, at this point, felt a need to do something about that.

shibroswol
assuming jeremiah can use his major noble power to go to vicinities nearby to triplets? offering to take people with him to do so? idk, it's the kind of thing the power was made for.

Quote:
... and anyone who wishes to join jeremiah on LOOKING FOR TRIPLETS, 'cause that's where he's going.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:52 pm
Jamie didn't say anything to Shiloh. The guilt permeated their headspace like thick, heavy fog. Despite wanting to push closer, to act as a comfort, he instead lingered on the outskirts of their bond. What felt right now was showing his care and his solidarity by simply being there.

Shiloh would know more than anything else that Jamie didn't and wouldn't blame him for any of this.

"T-Thanks, Kaleb..." he muttered to their friend, offering what would've been a smile if he had the drive to make it one. The intent was there, at least. "Maybe we should, um, head upstairs."

On the third floor, he said to Shiloh and anyone who felt like listening, "I think I... want to go after the triplets. As long as there aren't too many people doing it, I guess. But I'll do whatever's best..." To only Shiloh, he said, I wanna know if Pride is okay.

Melancholies

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:56 pm
Shun folded his arms once more, nodding to Silk. Destroying the focus. That, in theory, should be easy enough. The hard part was getting to it in the first place. As far as where to go, he was a bit torn.

He had kind of taken Pax as a charge of sorts. But at the same time, he really wanted to deal with Ezra. He had a feeling he might be a little more useful in facing him as well. Maybe.

"I can go into either the triplet or the Burning Man group. Whichever could use more numbers," he grunted.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 pm
"I would like to see Pax," Rabbit said, eyeing the pastries and coffee but making no move toward them. "But if there are too many of us interested in locating the triplets, I could go to Father instead." He had no doubt he could find the Burning Man, but subduing him effectively was a different story.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:39 pm
    Kaleb. ******** Kaleb, this shy kid that Shiloh saw so much of Jamie in—or the person Jamie used to be—was absolutely something that he needed right now. The trust, the resolve, the everything; his mental barrier dropped, Jamie was let back in, his blood was still steely and cold and intrusive even in his own skin, but he was falling back down to Earth in a slow, slow descent.

But he was silent in the entire ascension up the stairs, his mind thick in a thoughtful hum, his other free hand had grabbed onto Kaleb to make sure he stuck with them through the journey. At the top he let go of both of his friends, his fingers flexing tentatively against his palms. There was really only one real solution here; he had to fix his mistakes and atone for them, or die trying. And it wasn't that dramatic really, because if he failed then everyone was going to die anyway, and what did he have to lose?

Not ******** much. Not with two principals dead and half of the magical community of Ashdown. There wasn't much to rebuild after that.

"I was the one who brought it up," He said, "I'm going after the triplets too. I need to see Noeh." His eyes looked dangerous, his lips thin, his expression resolute and hawkish. "Besides the fact that I'd do more harm in Ezra's presence. I can be geased. I'm not going to let him do something stupid to me—and the other Nobility should consider that too, I think. That being said, if anyone doesn't know the geas—" He took a deep, deep breath, "You can ask me or any of the differentiated here privately. Saying it out loud would trigger all the Nobles." Plus the fact that he didn't want some of the new people—people he didn't know—with that power.

Finally he turned to Kaleb again, one of his hands finding his shoulder, "I'm not making you come with me. Who knows how ********' dangerous it could be." Shiloh sighed, "But it's your own choice. I can't take responsibility for that, you know? You're undifferentiated. You have all the potential in the ******** world right now."

But there was something unspoken there too, hidden behind the harshness of his gaze and his emotions, something gentle and soft and almost weak, and it spoke in volumes; I'd be stronger with you by my side.

He reclaimed Jamie's hand.

We're in it together.

"I won't fault you for wanting to stay behind, but you gotta choose quick. Old man Mercer's serving as the ferry I guess and he ain't gonna wait forever." He gave his friend a nod.

saedusk
when this is all over lemme smash

Grey Dragon
you are the literal best egg

azuredreams
just bcs he threw jer's name out

Quote:
U WANT GEAS? COME @ HIM

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 pm
Alexis slunk up to the third floor slowly, quietly, still picking at the scar tissue Ezra had left on their wrist once. (Or would it have been more accurate to call him the Burning Man? He'd frozen their flesh to the bone; that wasn't burning, not really, but there was a lot to think about.)

"Dunno if I'll be much help, but if anyone wants me," they mumbled, and ate a pastry in very small, dainty bites.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:52 pm
"Beaumont is correct about other nobles going after Lord Ezra, we would have to be careful in doing so. He could just as easily geas a noble into doing something as he himself could be."

Still, he looked towards Shun and gestured for him to come close. "I would honestly prefer that you go with the group to look for him, if only because you are still undifferentiated." His fingers flicked, a piece of paper appearing in it that smoldered. It would be pressed into Shun's hand once he was close enough. There were words on it, not unlike when he had passed the geas to Preacher.

A gesture was made then for anyone else who wanted to look for the triplets. "Those that wish to look for the triplets, please come stand by me when you're ready to do so." His lips twitched, a glance towards Shiloh. "As today I am the ferryman." Just don't call him Charon, no one was going to the underworld.

Yet.

Another look was given to Cass, his fingers wiggling at her before his attention went to Algie. "You don't have to come with me, since you know I'll be back here as soon as possible and," his expression thinned, "wanting to go looking for Ezra."

3lade Kuroda
shun now has a piece of paper with the geas phrase on it;
grant that i may never prove so fond to trust a man on oath or bond.

M3lancholies
since he looked at / mentioned

d3mon_pachabel
come with ur spirit dad

iloveyouDI3
husbando gets tag

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:53 pm
    "Ezra!" Oliver's laughter broke all at once, "He's talking about Ezra, he has to be, who else would it be? You weren't on the charter. He doesn't give a ******** about you." His voice could shatter bones and melt steel, the indignation was so hot and harsh in his voice, "It's only ever death anymore. What the ********." And then he sounded incredulous. Terribly so.

But the laughter stopped, even though it still felt like his stomach was rolling, and despite the consoling from Horace and Elliot he was ruffling up with reckless abandon. It was an unusual sight, actually. "Okay, so one group scouts the triplets, one group does the spying—" And he was no Noble and no Warg, "I'm going right after that b*****d. Thinks he can play me stupid? Thinks he can sit there and tell me—"

His voice cut off as his wrist seared with pain; Ezra had the ******** audacity to tell him he contributed to his brother's suffering, that he was the one who signed the charter, that he was the dumb ******** fool that helped maybe this mess. Maybe Oliver had, but not Oliver, not him, and he felt the sheer anger of deceit bubbling up in his veins.

"I'm going after him." He snarled, "I'm going to find him and take everything—" He was choking, sputtering, holding his wrist so tightly that his knuckles were white, "That was taken, and I'll—" His teeth elongated in his mouth, his eyes darkened, his body grew decidedly more fluffy.

"I'll... I'll..." He was calming down, his head shook, his frame shook too. "******** it." Suddenly he was realizing how he brother must feel, to react this way, to feel things so strongly. "******** it. I'll help bring him here. We can drag him." He'd get it back. He'd get it all back.

He stomped up the stairs, and despite all his anger, only really succeeded in looking like a disgruntled trash-mongrel once he reached the top, his hair floofy and his tail floofier.

The Semblance of Unity
hi horace.,,,,

saedusk
h-hi eli,,,

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items