Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:30 am
Painted Moose

Zigaran was jogging around the edge of the village, having been doing so for a while now. It wasn't the same as running around wherever he wanted because it was just a sort of... boring path that never changed. It was a bit grating on the edges of his mind because he didn't think that this sort of thing was going to get stronger if he was stuck in the village. It made him want to go and check in with his Alkidike mother to get a bit more training in when she had the time to do so.

She was busy with dealing with helping with patrols around the village of late. With everyone focused on the Dretch incidents of late and those that the bug mages had taken there were a lot of things that had been dragged to a halt. Luckily his training wasn't one of the things that stopped, not his weapon training at least, but his normal works outs were something he was forced to change up.

Coming to a halt where his two pets were sitting he snapped at the radaku and said, "Dinis, water." The radaku picked up the water skin that was sitting next to his feet and carried it over to the brightly colored boy. He took it from him then drank from it, "Good boy, Dinis." He'd take a little break, check in on the radaku and the chiavi, and then he'd see about starting up his jogging again. It was boring but at least it was something.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am
Orpheus Solon

It was good to be back home! Dretch or not, having the soul of Jauhar under her feet was enough to bring a smile to the woman's face. Yael had been nice in it's own way, but nothing compared to the eerie, luminescent beauty that was her homeland.

While she should have been on Chibale, nestled up with her...girlfriend? were they even that close now?...Mnyiri had chosen to come to the mainland with a few others to check on the alkidike that resided here. While they'd gone on to see friends and family, Mnyiri was left to her own devices. At first that meant inspecting a few strange rocks and now...now she was lazily riding her large radaku, Mvua, around the village.

As pleasant as the day was going, it came to a sharp stall when Mvua started to growl. Mnyiri turned her head, looking for the source of his aggravation, thinking it was an attacker or the dretch or- "Oh, it's another radaku." Well, that certainly wasn't anything to get upset over. Mvua, though, with his territorial tendencies was still riled up, so she started to massage the area behind his ear to calm him.

What caught her attention, though, was the boy next to it. "Hey there, stranger, I like your markings. They look like a snaptrotters."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:36 pm
Painted Moose

Zigaran turned around toward the voice that was calling out to him. His orange eyes went a bit wide at the sight of the Alkdike woman with the shock of bright white hair. He starred for a moment before he realized what she was saying. Something about him having markings like a 'snaptrotter' which had him a tad confused. After a moment of thought, trying to place the name, he said, "I wouldn't know. I've never seen a snaptrotter before." As much as he hated to admit being ignorant about anything he had never seen whatever it was that the woman was talking about.

Lifting a hand he motioned to Dinis and said, "Sit." Commanding the radaku to sit with Sidrys, not wanting either of his pets to start trouble with a sister that was clearly older then him and with weapon and rank that he still lacked himself. And especially not when it seemed the white haired woman also had a radaku of her own, one that didn't seem as though it was too pleased with the presence of Dinis. Best to try to keep the two of them from getting in a tussle since Dinis had better things to do then brawl with other radaku.

"You needn't worry about Dinis. He should behave himself and stay where he is." He told the woman before him, not wanting her to think that he might attack at any moment and in an unprovoked manner. Here was to hoping her beast was the same or else they might have issues.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm
Orpheus Solon

Oooo, what pretty eyes. Mnyiri knew because of that, more than anything else, that he was partially matori. She'd been in their country long enough to recognize that lovely shade. It was different, seeing it in the eyes of one of her own, but it just made her smile. Some of the elders may see it as a curse, a weakening of their kind, but she was happy enough to see that earthlings were trusting enough of them to form unions and create children.

"Whhaaaaaaattt? Are you serious?!" She'd just assumed that being what he was he'd at least seen one, if not hundreds, but if he'd been living here then maybe not....though surely one of the sisters would have one by now? "They're these big creatures from Matori, with huge snouts and hundreds of teeth. They made great companions if you can train them right, but I wouldn't want to face one on the battle field."

She got as close as she could before dismounting, the little bells strung throughout her dreads playing a little tune. "That one, though, that I've never seen." She motioned to the Chiavi. "What pretty feathers- Oh, oh no, it's alright, I'm not worried about Dinis. It's this jerk I'm concerned about." She pulled Mvua close to her side with a smile, despite his clear lack of enthusiasm. "He was an Alpha in his old pack before he was overthrown. I found him, patched him up, and he stuck around so now he's my mount. Still can't break him of being a jerk to other radaku, though." She tapped his side a few times and motioned to the jungle around them. "Go on, go play." The radaku seemed reluctant to leave her side, especially since the other was still so close, but when she shooed him off again he went.

"About your feathered friend, though...what is it? It's so big."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:32 pm
Painted Moose

Zigaran's eyes went wide before filling in intense interest. A beast that had hundreds of teeth and was strong enough to intimidate even one of his armed sisters. That caused him to have a very intense interest in the snaptrotters and made him want nothing more then to talk with his mothers about them. Maybe he could get himself one? It would be really great to have a beast like that on his side provided that his mothers would allow him another beast given he already had Dinis and Sidrys. If he talked up the strong points of the snaptrotters, perhaps? Giving a nod of his head he said, "They sound quite interesting."

"An alpha, huh? That must make him quite strong, even if he was ousted from his position by another." He turned to give the other radaku with a look of interest in his dark orange eyes a glance before he said, "Dinis was given to me a pup so that I could raise him and train him to fight alongside me."

"Sidrys was bought for the same reason... though I picked her out myself. When I first got her she was just his hissing puff ball that I could carry in my hands. Well, when she let me at least. She's pretty independent." A thought that caused the slightly of smiles to appear on his face. Turning to look at the Chiavi that was currently fluffed up a bit after realizing all eyes were on her. Giving a look that showed he was quite proud of the beast he said, "Sidrys is a Chiavi, a bird that came from Zena or so i was told when I was little. My mothers bought her from a trader in Emeka."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:34 am
Orpheus Solon

"It makes him stubborn, that's what it makes him." Mnyiri groused. "Imagine trying to train a radaku who already thinks he owns the world to work with you. He's strong alright, but strong willed too." Her mother had been furious when she showed up with the snappy, snarling beast, and even more so when she claimed she would ride him one day. But here she was, proud of the progress she'd made, despite his grouchy old man attitude.

"Ooooo I can't imagine how cute that must have been....just a lil hissing puff ball." She'd seen kinfa chicks time and time again, all cute in their fluffy feathers, but this one was a new breed of avian, so to picture it smaller, younger, and softer....It made Mnyiri want one of her own.

Mnyiri reached for the journal strapped to her hip and undid the clasps binding it. In just a few moments she had everything set up; the journal was open, quill at the ready and her inkpot was nestled in the crook of her arm. She was making a poorly drawn sketch of the chiavi, but beside it she'd written down all the pertinent notes he'd given her about the creature.

"I've never been to Zena, but now I want to go, just so I can see them in their natural habitat. I wonder how far they can fly at a time, what their natural diet consists of, if they're hunters or scavengers or if-" Sensing her rambling, Mnyiri stopped with a smile. "Sorry; that tends to happen when I'm excited."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:45 pm
Painted Moose

Zigaran found himself wondering if that was a bad thing. It would be difficult to train a beast like that but it would make him powerful once the training did stick. He was definitely a little bit envious but at the same time he preferred Dinis, likely because that particular radaku belonged to him. His beast was better then all others because it was his plain and simple. He looked over at Dinis, giving the brown radaku a glance, before looking back at the girl once more.

"Eh? Cute? I... suppose so?" He couldn't really say one way or the other because his mother had always told him that the beasts were meant to fight at his side, were supposed to be powerful, and not cute. It was hard for him to see his beasts as cute because he wasn't supposed to look at them that way. They were cute, he wasn't supposed to be easy on them, they were soldiers just as he was supposed to be. He'd have to take the girl's word on it though instead of thinking too hard on it himself.

As the girl started to chatter about wanting to go to Zena to see the Chiavi in their natural habitat, to learn what they were capable of, and of their nature. He gave a thoughtful sound before he said, "It would be nice to know more about them then what I learned from watching Sidrys. It took a bit of doing to really get to know her and she's still quite a brat at times. The sort that thinks she's a princess. I like that part of her though." She was going to be amazing when she was full grown and flying for sure.

"She'll be a great mount one day."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:02 am
Orpheus Solon

"She's bratty because she's your baby, and she knows it." She accented her point with a cheeky grin. It wasn't the first time she'd seen a mount that wanted the world from their handler, all because they thought they deserved it. Often times they got it, too, just because of how well they performed. "It's good, though. Treat her like a princess and she'll treat you well in return."

The bit about her making a great mount though caught Mnyiri's attention. "Are you planning on riding her, then? As a Guardian?" She wasn't entirely sure what the earthling version of it was, but he was here, and not in an earthling village so surely the boy meant to follow an alkidike career path.

"Does flying scare you at all? Have you tried it before?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:07 am
Painted Moose

Zigaran's antennae lifted high for a moment before giving a rapid twitch. Eh? Sidrys was his... baby? That wasn't how he'd of ever thought to describe her because he felt that it would make him appear as being weak. He was supposed to be training her to become a warrior alongside Dinis and himself, not treat her as though she was his baby. At the same time he supposed that it made sense. His mother Mahaut was training him, her child, to become a warrior in the same sense after all. Giving a slow nod of his head he said, "I... see." It was at least something to consider so long as he didn't let just anyone in on such thoughts.

Giving a nod of his head he said, "Yes, I plan to become a Guardian one day and serve Aisha as one of her warriors." Even if it was a difficult path that some of their sisters didn't want him to tread due to his appearance and gender. That didn't matter to him, what mattered was getting stronger to reach his own goals.

Turning to look over at the white haired girl he gave a shake of his head, "I don't have the luxury of being scared... though I can say I've yet to try flying. She's still too young to carry me. Soon, I hope."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Orpheus Solon

Mnyiri couldn't help scrunching her nose at the formal way he said it. ...serve Aisha as one of her warriors... "Kid, you really need to loosen up or you'll have wrinkles before your time." It was all well and good that he took it seriously, but sheesh.

"Annnnd if you aren't scared then you're stupid. Do you know why? I'll show you." She craned her head back and motioned to the sky with her hand. "If you're that far up and you aren't a little fearful then you'll get cocky and really stupid. Fear keeps you from doing bad things, like taking unnecessary risks, but if you don't listen to that fear from time to time you won't be in the sky for long."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:20 pm
Painted Moose

Zigaran gave a sharp shake of his head before he said, "I am unable to 'loosen up' as you call it. If I were to do that then I would be looked down upon or seen as lazy. I can only be serious when it comes to everything that I do given... everything." He made a motion with one hand, indicating all of himself. From his coloration to his gender, everything was off from what a real sister should be like. He gave a slight shrug and said, "I have to work twice and hard and need to expect half as much recognition." Meaning if he wanted to be treated like any other warrior he had to vastly surpass what any sister his age could do.

Lifting his dark orange gaze to the sky he starred up for a long moment before he said, "You could be right... but even so I can't be scared. At the very least I can't allow myself to appear to be scared. I have to be strong if I want to become an Alkidike warrior one day."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:39 pm
Orpheus Solon

"You realize they'll do that anyway, no matter what you act like, right? Just because you exist; trust me on that." She motioned towards her hair. "It's not a dyed; this is natural. I have a grandfather whose a Shifter. My own mother's skin was as dark as the night sky because of him. She thought if she had a child with a pure sister, did the 'right' thing that at least her kid wouldn't be bothered, but I've found out that just about anything that's different is picked at."

As a kid she tried to fit in. She shaved her long brows into the 'right' shape, dyed her hair black and tried to make things 'better'. But seeing her own mother, striking back at the world despite her appearance, had made Mnyiri confident enough in her own skin to stop hiding.

"Just...don't forget to be happy, okay? I'm not your mom, and I'm not your sister, but if you keep pushing yourself to live up to what it is you think you have to be and you aren't happy...I mean, what kind of life is that?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:54 am
Painted Moose

Zigaran crossed his arms over his chest, head tilting to one side. She had a grandfather that was a Shifter? Here he'd thought that her hair was just dyed and some sort of statement or something. He found himself curious about it to a degree, mostly why she left her hair like that. She could blend in if she wanted to... though maybe it was because too many people already knew the family she came from? He gave a thoughtful sound in his throat as he went over the girls words before he said, "I am well aware that I will never be fully excepted or trusted, that I will always be a hybrid, will always be a man, but it doesn't mean that I will run away or take the 'easy' road that is just following an Earthling path."

He knew that his Matorian mother wouldn't mind him doing that because he might be able to find more sympathetic and friendly people among the Earthlings or even among other hybrids. He could do that, but he wouldn't. He wanted to live up to his Alkidike mother's expectations at the very least. At least that way he could help her to protect Zamira, his Matorian mother.

"Huh?" He found himself starring as the girl set to giving him advice, wanting him to remember to be happy, and not to push himself. He gave a sigh, antennae twitching, and said, "That is similar advice that I get from my Matorian mother." She wanted him to be happy as well but he'd always thought becoming an Alkidike Warrior was what would make him happy. For a moment he felt a bit worried that maybe it wouldn't in the long run. A thought he instantly quashed, not wanting the path that was laid out before him to get muddied by such thoughts.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:52 pm
Orpheus Solon

[7/10]

"I'm not telling you to run away or take it easy. If you want to be a Guardian then be the best damn Guardian you can be, and I'll fight beside you one day, but do it on your own terms."
She could have said that the elders might try to shove him out one day, or worse, send him on a suicide mission like they had her, but Mnyiri chose not to. She wasn't as bad of a blabber mouth now as she had been when she was younger. It wouldn't be good if she scared him.

"Wellllll," Mnyiri smiled, "She seems like a very smart woman." She slipped her notebook back into it's holster on her hip, securing both the quill and ink into the pack at her side. "Maybe you could take up a hobby? Surely you don't train all the time. Like, me and my studies. I observe and take notes on earthling anatomy so that I can both understand them, and point out weaknesses in my opponents. I've seen others who work with leather and knit....So, what about you? What else do you do besides training?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:20 pm
Painted Moose

Zigaran's antennae gave a rapid twitch, his eyes going wide, and he actually looked rather... happy, or at least as happy as he ever did, when the older sister said that she'd fight beside him. He was glad to hear those words. He felt that having allies was something that would bolster him during training in the days and weeks to come.

"Huh? Yeah, she really is..." Even though she was an Earthling and there were many sisters in Emeka that looked down upon her he still loved her. She wasn't a warrior herself and he felt he had to train even harder to aid in keeping her safe from... well, everything. At the mention of a hobby he found himself starring at Mnyiri, "I... ahh... I feel that might be something I am lacking. I tend to spen my time either training myself or training my beasts."

Should he pick up more hobbies? If he did then what should he do? His mother would be happy if he'd sing with her more but that was just embarrassing to even consider saying out loud. That was something he'd never do in front of anyone but his Matorian mother after all since he feared that such a hobby would make him appear as weak.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff