Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] If Three's a Crowd, What's Four? (Venn & Ty'bar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 pm
A few days had passed since the horror and delight that was the Hatching. Vennodren was still a bit upset at the loss of one of the Candidates, but after talking with his fellow Weyrlings about the death he was slowly turning it into a motivational memory rather than a sorrowful one. They would all ensure that his death hadn't been in vain, that they would train hard and be protectors of the Weyr and all of Pern if they could help it. Even without putting a positive twist on the untimely death, it was impossible for Venn to be sad all the time. Not with his own little green dragon at his heels at every moment. Nzambith was a rather gloomy little girl but Venn loved her so and he knew she was perfect for him. Already she had shown a great deal of drive and focus, looking to him for answers to questions and for instructions. Venn was glad he hadn't Impressed a strong-willed dragon or one that tried to boss him around and he knew deep in his heart that the wait had been well worth it.

Mine, where are we going? the small green asked as she followed after Vennodren, her steps measured and heavy, her tail dragging behind her as Venn noticed always seemed to be the case. Although she kept up with him her gait was a bit lopsided as if one of her legs were wounded, but after inspection and constant questioning he knew that nothing was bothering her. She simply had a slightly staggered walk. Strange, but not harmful.

To meet a friend. Two friends, actually, Venn responded, reaching down to scratch behind her horns gently. Green eyes closed partly as Nzambith leaned against Venn's leg as they walked, delighted at the attention. A rider and his green One. I think you'll like them.

Maybe, Nzambith hummed in return, not at all concerned with who they were meeting or if they'd like her or if she'd like them. She was content with the affection of Vennodren and little else. The pair made it to the doorway of Ty'bar's Weyr and Venn paused, pressing his hand against Nzambith's head to get her to stop as well. His heart was racing with delight and excitement and the little green dragon's eyes shone blue in response. She glanced up at him as excitement poured from Venn into her, enough so she gave a little bugle of delight.

Venn had to laugh softly at that. If Ty'bar and Asilaeth didn't know he was here now, they'd surely know they had visitors from that alone.

"Hello!" he called out, hoping they were home.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:08 pm
Lifting her delicate head into the air from where it lay the leaf marked little green dragon looked to the mouth of her own weyr with blue eyes and tilted it ever so slightly. Though she knew the owner of the voice that spoke and could guess at the source of the small bugle that had come just before it, Asilaeth had yet to officially meet the small green that had Impressed to the young man she'd so briefly met and was interested in her. The fondness that she felt for the dragon's new bonded also helped to open a small hole in her armor that would otherwise have remained shut until she had earned it.

Casting a look down at the form of her rider, leaned against her side where he had fallen asleep due to lack of sleep the night before, the small green chose to simply move to greet them herself rather than attempt to rouse him. Surely her body moving would drop him to the stone and bring him to wakefulness quicker than her words could.

Rising slowly and gently she let him drop down somewhat unceremoniously to the stone of her bed and let her tail smack the side of his head in a way that had him snort and scramble to sit back upwards, eyes wide in confusion. Ty'bar looked up to Asilaeth and lifted one eyebrow when she turned her head and walked to the opening of the Weyr with a trilling croon. Hearing the noise her rider stumbled and tripped to his feet with realization but stopped to put a hand to his head when he realized he'd stood too swiftly.

This young pair would meet us beloved, perhaps you could make yourself somewhat presentable in order to receive their company?

Disregarding any words he had for her and the rush of motion that happened directly behind her, Asilaeth poked her head out and let her eyes swirl to a happy green color for the sight before her. Just as she had seen at the Hatching, Vennodren did indeed Impress to a little green dragon and quite a lovely one too, if slightly droopy. What was that feeling she was noticing of them?

It would appear you managed to Impress to the correct color, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised with that big heart though.

Despite her monotone she was quite amused she pressed her nose to the man's shirt by way of welcome, taking in a deep sniff.

You certainly smell like a rider now.

"Ignore her jokes or she'll drive you nuts!" the rider patted her shoulder, finally appearing beside her and waving for Venn to come in. "She's been itching to meet that little beauty of yours since the night we watched her hatch. How does it feel?"

Voice slightly hoarse from sleep and eyes lined a bit, Ty'bar still grinned as if he hadn't just awoken for the day and his energy climbed swiftly towards it's normal level. It had been quite some time since the two had been able to talk and so much had happened at that Hatching that still gave him nightmares. Certainly maulings and maimings were common in other Weyrs, but Western was usually free of them let alone deaths. It had been many Turns since he'd seen a Hatchling kill a Candidate but it had happened before. Concern was bubbling inside of him but excitement at meeting the new dragonet overpowered it by far.

SilverLutz

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:25 pm
Venn could hear noises inside the weyr, the shuffling of a dragon moving about on the stone. A few moments later and a familiar green head popped out of the doorway, eyes focusing on the duo that awaited them. Her comment made Venn laugh softly and he reached up to press a hand against her cheek in greeting as her nose brushed his shirt.

"Ty'bar!" he said with delight as the rider came into view, a bit rumpled but awake and there. He reached down for Nzambith who was looking up at the green with mild curiosity and lifted her in his arms, both wrapped under her front legs so she dangled in front of him, her back pressed to his chest. She didn't seem to mind the awkward position as the man moved forward, showing her to the older rider.

"It feels wonderful," he said, hugging Nzambith to him as he rested his cheek against her neck. The little green gave a soft sigh, her tail and wings and legs all hanging limply in Venn's hold. She turned to inspect the other man, taking in his appearance before turning her head once more to the green. She remained silent, though, letting Venn do the talking.

"Her name is Nzambith and she was well worth the wait. Say hello," he urged her as he stepped a little closer to Asilaeth and Ty'bar, still holding her close to him but obviously overjoyed and eager to show her off. The little green looked between the two before hesitantly reaching out to them.

Hello.

"She's quite the somber little girl," Venn added with a fond smile. "A bit dreary and gloomy but I wouldn't have her any other way." He leaned in, bumping his nose against the rather gory markings on her muzzle. The green was so dark it was nearly black, giving the impression of a rotting jaw. Still, despite her eaten-away look, he couldn't help but find her beautiful.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:04 pm
It melted his heart, almost literally to see the love in the eyes of the man before him. Of course he'd been there himself long ago, though probably not as long as he thought, and those same love filled eyes had belonged to him as he stared into the beautiful faceted eyes of his green dragon. To have the love and companionship of a dragon was more than anyone without the bond could understand, it was as if you were suddenly two.

Crinkling the edges of his rosey brown eyes in amusement for the newly bonded pair, Ty'bar reached out a large calloused hand to trace the darkness on her face in wonder. Markings like these were much different than his own vibrant girl, Asilaeth often looked much like a plant to him with her round leaf markings and Spring was always a wonderful time to be with her as she matched the terrain depending where they went and always seemed to liven up a bit with everything beginning to grow anew.

"She's beautiful, hello there little Nzambith. Asilaeth here is a bit reserved herself so I think you two will get along quite well." the rider spoke straight to the little green out of respect, out of admiration for another dragon and a hatchling at that. Looking up to Venn he added, "Has she grown quite a bit in the last few days? She looks like she's well oiled and taken care of."

Of course she is, look who her bonded is.

Swirling eyes looked out of Asilaeth's face calmly despite a slowly burning excitement that she would later deny had even happened. She was quite fond of the man her rider had shared a gold flight with, finding him both kind and respectful in a way that others hadn't been to her beloved. He had proved her wrong that there were none that would even know how to deal with Ty'bar and both her hearts beat for him to have found his own bonded lifemate in a green. Tilting her larger wedged head she focused solely on the little dragonet before her and made her decision.

It is a pleasure to meet you Nzambith, your bonded is quite special, though I'm sure that is why you picked him.

SilverLutz

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:21 pm
The hand against her cheek was new but not unwelcome for Nzambith who could feel Vennodren's delight and happiness so easily. Clearly this person was a friend of some sort, so she didn't mind the touch. In fact, she leaned into it a bit as Ty'bar traced her markings, getting a good sniff in as well. Her pronged tail flicked back and forth very slowly as her eyes shone a dark green, quite content and pleased with the situation.

"A bit," Venn said, flushing a light shade of red from Asilaeth's comment. He flashed her an embarrassed but grateful smile before shifting to let Nzambith down. "In length, not so much in weight. She's kind of skinny but she loves food, never turns her nose up to it. I'm hoping she'll start to put on some weight, but we'll see," he added with a little sigh as Nzambith lifted her head to butt it against his leg. Once he gave her head a little touch she shuffled around him to face the much larger green, sniffing the air cautiously before speaking to her.

Oh yes. Mine makes life not so dull and meaningless. I'm sure I'd rather have stayed in my egg and never come out if he hadn't been there.

Venn shook his head slightly but gave Nzambith a fond pat on the head before looking at Ty'bar once more, a slightly exhausted but happy look on his face.

"She's a handful to be sure, and she's not even one of the more rambunctious ones in her groups. She..." He trailed off, his smile falling a bit as he recalled the hatching. "...she thankfully wasn't a part of the awful things that happened. Never in all my years of standing have I seen one as brutal as that." He had never seen anyone die on the sands even though he knew it happened on occasion. He just never thought it would happen while he was there not a few paces away.

"I'm so glad I never have to go through that again. I'm not sure I could have after that," he admitted quietly.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:53 am
That is an excellent reason to have chosen him. No dragon should stay in their egg rather than meet their bonded, so it is fortunate that you came to join us.

He had a response to Venn's statement of her health and how she would grow, Ty'bar really did. But the haunted look that entered into the other man's eyes reflected the memories in his own heart and his words stilled. It took a moment for him to decide on how to respond but the only way that he knew how was from his heart. Asilaeth's eyes whirled a gray color as memories that her rider felt seeped into her as well, the soft keen that came from her matched what she felt in both men beside her. Without realizing what she was doing she wrapped her long tail about Nzambith as if she could protect her from those feelings, which was of course wrong.

Running his hand up Asilaeth's neck as he stood up, Ty'bar wrapped his arms about Venn's taller and thinner frame. It was hard to be a Candidate, things hadn't changed that much in the fifteen years since he had stood and maulings were commonplace among them. He himself had never stood at Western but he knew what High Reaches were like and though it could depend on the clutch of eggs and the temperament of the dragonets within there were far more maulings and deaths up there.

"They honored that boy well and though I know it broke A'ral's heart to see it happen to one of his children he handled it better than most other riders would. All that matters now is that you're going to be a Rider and your days of standing before newly hatched and moody dragonets is finally over." his voice was still a bit rough but it was with emotion this time rather than sleep. His worry for Vennodren's safety had been real the entire Hatching, to watch boys and grown men be mauled around him. To watch a boy die... "You have a partner at last."

I told you that you would Impress.

"Now, is maybe not the time for that?" Ty'bar offered to his green with a gentle chuckle.

SilverLutz

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:28 pm
Nzambith gave a little trill in agreement, her wings fluttering slightly. She was quite pleased with her chosen and although she was usually a bit droopy, hearing another dragon - and a grown one at that - speak highly of her decision put a little pep in her. That little sign of life was quickly dampened again, though, as the mood around them changed. Glancing over to Venn and Ty'bar she felt the sorrow and a tinge of fear from her rider, but before she could waddle over to him a long tail wrapped around her. She glanced back at Asilaeth, her eyes slowly fading to grey to match the larger green, and she gave a quiet keen of her own as she rested her head against the older dragon's tail.

Venn took similar comfort in Ty'bar's embrace, wrapping his arms around the shorter man without hesitation, his head bowing to rest against his shoulder. He had cried all the tears he had in the past few days, both in terms of sadness and joy, so none fell now even though his spirits had fallen quite a bit. The older rider's words reminded him that although it had been sad it was over and that good had come from it. Not only was he a rider, but every single dragon that had hatched had Impressed. That was wonderful news for the future of Pern in terms of protection from Threadfall.

Asilaeth's comment drew a slightly strangled laugh from Venn and he lifted his head from Ty'bar's shoulder, a fond if tired smile on his face.

"She's right, though. She did say I would. As did you. I know we've only known one another for a short time but the support both of you gave me has been wonderful and I appreciate it more than I can say." He pulled back from Ty'bar just a bit to look at Asilaeth, giving her the same fond smile he had given her rider.

"And you're right. It's over now. I never have to go back to the Sands if I don't wish to. I have Nzambith and we don't have to go through that ever again."

At her name Nzambith lifted her head from the comforting tail, the grey starting to fade away to be replaced with a deep green. She didn't say anything in return but her happiness was very evident in her eyes and in the soft yet triumphant bugle she let out. It made Venn laugh again, the deep ache of sorrow leaving him as it did whenever he looked at his dragon. She was worth it. She was worth all the years of disappointment and self-doubt he had stuffed aside for every Hatching he had stood for.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:44 pm
Sadness should not have been riding on the heels of an Impression, but he was well aware of what it felt like to stand for so long and see so many perish on the sands that offered their only chance at finding their perfect soulmate. But now was not the time for Venn to be sad and he wouldn't ever want to aid in deepening someonelses sadness. Running his right hand across the other's back and then reaching it out to scratch at one of the ridges on Asilaeth's head when he pulled back, Ty'bar let a deep rumbling of amusement come from deep in his chest and out his throat. What would he have done without her, who would he be today even?

Doubtless you would be the same insufferably blunt human I see here today, just not in this Weyr.

"And there it is." Laughing he covered his face with his free hand and hung his head as he shook it. "All the support I could ever want in one small package of sass."

Snorting her indignation at such a statement as if it weren't completely true Asilaeth laid herself down and crooned for Nzambith quietly instead. Somewhere deep in the back of the green dragon's memory she could recall being that small, but it wasn't a memory that she could easily recall even if she was still rather small by comparison to most dragons, the thought made her almost smile. Nosing the little hatchling gently she continued to croon her soft song for her and both of her hearts filled with happiness. Seeing any small dragon made her quite happy but to know that she had Impressed to someone that waited even longer than her own rider filled her with a respect for her and her quiet temper.

"Remember what happened out there, but don't think on it constantly. Pern can often be cruel, but for every death there's a life born that helps to keep us all safe. Every time you fly her in the future against Thread you'll keep that from happening." One eye winked at him and he offered a smile even if his own heart was sad for something entirely different, "You don't have to thank us, trust me, both of us know what it's like to be looking for your other half. But if there's ever anything you need or anything that either of us can do you know all you have to do is ask."

Indeed, that goes for either one of you.The next few months will be hard and though we may not be our teachers there is always more to learn.

A pair of blue eyes looked up at the two men, eyes filled with fondness and understanding.

SilverLutz

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 pm
Asilaeth's comment had Venn burst out laughing, his hold on Ty'bar tightening in one more hug before letting the shorter man go. Although he still felt the sadness in his chest there was a smile on his face once more and he was glad he had found a friend in the rider and his dragon before the Hatching to have someone to lean on who hadn't been in the Sands with him. The advice he was given had him nod a bit, for there was truth in every word Ty'bar said. Death happened. Often. Pern was not a kind place and lives were taken before they reached their full potential frequently. It wasn't his place to say who survived and who passed, but those that remained had a purpose and it was to make those who sacrificed everything live on in memory, song, and deed.

"Thank you," he said despite the aforementioned warding off of thanks. "I'll take you up on that frequently I'm sure. We will," he added, feeling a surge of delight from Nzambith as she was included. He turned to crouch before his bonded, giving her gentle scratches around her jaw and behind her stumps on her head. The little dragon reached up to meet Venn halfway, wings unfurling to keep her balance as she wobbled on her hind legs.

I wish to learn, Nzambith said, feeling Vennodren's desire burning in her chest as well. She wanted whatever he wanted, and the urge to being working together, to perfect their eventual skills that would defend their home overtook her like fire. She gave a triumphant bugle before falling back to all fours, stomping around in a little circle.

Her energy made Vennodren laugh with delight as he watched his normally gloomy little dragon parade around, calling out for those close by to hear. Their shared eagerness to be the best they could be was overwhelming and Venn knew, in that exact moment, that they could be so much more than he had ever hoped for. Together they'd be the hardest working team this Weyr had ever seen!

"Look at her go," he said with a little laugh, watching her lethargically bound around Asilaeth's feet, pausing to pounce on her toes once before giving another loud, if a bit exhausted, honk. Once she reached her starting place by Asilaeth's tail she flopped down, clearly not used to being so excited and delighted. It was hard work being happy all the time!

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:04 pm
Hearing a new rider refer to his dragon and himself with the word 'we' made Ty'bar's heart soar and he could feel Asilaeth's pleasure wash over him as her hearts beat in time with his own. Though he might never admit it out loud thanks to his deep level of anxiety meeting Venn was one of the best things that had happened to the pair since being grounded. Already he could feel his spirits lifting just by being in his presence and the addition of a small green filled him with happiness. He'd happily teach them everything he knew in their soon to be non-existent free time but for certain he'd try his best to get back into fighting form now.

It was time.

Patting Venn on the shoulder, Ty'bar cleared the cobwebs from his mind and gave a deep laugh at Nzambith's stomping about Asilaeth's larger form. To her credit, the small green dragon found the hatchling's actions to be quite amusing and when she flopped down on the ground her tail wound around her once more. With the affirmation of her rider's desire to fly in a wing once more her eyes had swirled purple slightly, but looking down at Nzambith they began to glow a deeper purple. She would do her best to protect this little green ball of spunk, even if that wasn't her duty, even if it wasn't asked of her.

Learn you shall, both of you.

Pressing her nose into Nzambith's small side, Asilaeth gave a low and happy trill.

"Seems as though you won't have to worry about it too much, that little green wants to make you happy if it's the last thing she does and Asilaeth wants to teach her if it's the last thing she does. Now come in and tell me how things have gone so far, it's been a few days since you Impressed this cutie, how're lessons?" Ty'bar waved the pair in towards the small Weyr he called home with a broad grin.

Things were different in Western than what he had learned up in High Reaches and it would be interesting to get the scoop on how different Weyrling training actually was. He had heard the rumors that Western was much more relaxed before he came to the progressive Weyr, but was training the same level of strict or was it calmer? Surely he wouldn't know entirely yet as he was brand new to all of this, but Vennodren would be able to inform him of the difference, of that he was sure.

SilverLutz

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:15 pm
Venn watched his little green tramp around Asilaeth with a delighted grin on his face. She was sluggish and lacked energy often, but now and then she perked up and showed a little bit of happiness and spunk. He was fine with the fact that she wasn't as energetic as most dragons - in fact, he was glad she wasn't a handful. He had seen some of those other dragons and he knew how much of a headache they'd be - and it made her moments like this all the more adorable.

"Oh, they're going very well," Venn said as he motioned for Nzambith to come along. "She's very attentive. Probably because I am," he added with a little chuckle. "She's...well. I'm sure any dragon is eager to do anything that makes their rider happy, but she's always eager to do whatever I ask of her. She enjoys the exercises as much as I do."

Nzambith crooned exhaustively in return to Asilaeth's trill, lifting her much smaller head to boop her nose against the brighter dragon's. She had a deep love for her siblings, but this green whom she didn't know before this moment was quickly working her way into her heart. Having so much attention from such a large, beautiful beast was quite wonderful and Venn's like of both her and her rider was effortlessly bleeding into her fondness for both as well.

At the summons, though, she lifted herself to her feet and lumbered after Venn, tail dragging on the ground and wings slightly sagging at her sides. She pressed against his side and glanced back at Asilaeth to make sure she was coming as well as the little group moved towards Ty'bar and Asilaeth's weyr, the spirits much higher than they had been a few minutes before.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games