Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThePridelands

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:36 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

The cult that was slowly growing was never too far from anyone's mind. Vitha had become more bold, the more lions that joined her cause fortifying her heart against the nay-sayers. Meal offerings were left at the border, kind words were whispered to the trees for the breeze to carry, and respect and prayers for the unknown entity filled their hearts, hoping to keep any calamity at bay. There were many pride members who were against the idea of a cult, of how it existed in a pride with no central religion. Aoife, along with those who were openly anti-cult, were always attempting to figure out ways to discredit the black and white lioness that fearlessly led her band of believers.

And the crown was still silent. They let the council members have their own opinion, but no paw was pushed for or against the cult. And so the mild unrest continued on.

It was a quiet evening in the Pridelands. The sun's warmth was fading quickly as it moved towards the horizon. Long shadows obscured shapes, and the chirping of birds was quieting down in preparation of the night. The Pridelands were always a bustle of activity, and the glittering stars that were pushing through the sun's evening rays were a spectacle. Many lions were gathered on the dry grass, eyes up towards the sky. It was rare that the stars seemed to shine so brightly at this time in the evening, but with the drought that was beginning to creep in, it was a welcome distraction to tomorrow's problems.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm
Welcome to the next part of the Pridelands Meta.

Things to Consider

ICly:
  • Is your member for or against the cult? Or perhaps they still don't have an opinion, due to indecision or disinterest?
  • How does your member consider the crown? Whispers of the weak-minded king have spread, but no one knows their origin.
  • With a slow-but-growing band of cult loyalists, those who agree with Vitha have begun to be more bold. Has your lion been approached by Vitha or another cult member? (can be assumed that Vitha has approached many of her fellow pride members)
  • Has your member been directly affected by anything thus far? A family member joining the cult, or even leaving the Pridelands altogether?
  • The shop meta's after effects have not hit the Pridelands...until now.

OOCly:
  • There is a strong element of danger in this RP. If you participate, you willingly submit your SoA to be injured. The severity will be up to you, to a degree.
  • Death is an option, though please note that I do not expect it from anyone but me. emotion_dowant
  • For the most part, this is a reactionary roleplay. s**t will be going down, and you will have the option to react to what your member is seeing.
  • You will not be able to interact with any of my characters except for the crown, Tau and Simi. Please don't try; I will ignore it.
  • As most of the action happens just inside of the border, it is possible for passing rogues to get caught up in this ORP.

User Image
A prize is offered to those participating. If you are not interested, please make note of that in your first post in the ORP. I will keep track of it after that.
Please keep her in the Pridelands!

ThePridelands

ThePridelands

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:38 pm
The sun's rays were fading fast, and Vitha was enjoying the scent of a warm evening falling around the Pridelands. Life had been good to her lately. Things had been quiet on the border, and she hadn't heard of any new issues cropping up. Other than the usual irritation and unrest, which she deftly reflected after taking too much of it to heart in the beginning. Part of her felt it was a blessing to know that there were so many who were skeptical, or didn't believe her. They weren't touched that night that she was, where something truly horrifying crossed against her mind and changed her forever. She was never fully able to recall all the details...headaches plagued her when she tried, and she could never see anything past those black flames that licked at her limbs as she swallowed air.

"Vitha? Are you alright?" Impossibly blue eyes searched into her red ones, concern clearly written across his face. Mkate was always so concerned for her, and it was very apparent as to why he was even more worried over his mate; her womb lay heavy, and she was clearly towards the end of pregnancy. Cubs could arrive at any time, and though the two of them were thrilled, it was also a means to have her father visit from the roguelands.

"Yes...just reflecting a bit on the past," she hummed with a shy smile, desperately trying to pull her eyes away from his control to finally pay some attention to her father.

A clear look of disgust spread across Mwovu's maw, a huff escaping his chest his gold eyes rolling as he shot his daughter a sly grin. He was slowly warming up to Mkate, but it was rather annoying to be called away from his story-gathering ways to visit with a daughter that barely paid attention to him. Vitha laughed, finally able to look away from Mkate. "I'm sorry Father! I promise you're still just as important to me as you always were. Please, do you have any new stories to share?" He was always so skilled at gathering stories from other lands, especially those of the macabre. It had been so surreal to find herself in the center of her own story, one that she was living out. Who could say how her story would end?

"Death follows every pair of paws, my beloved Vitha. I could share stories, but you have your own interesting one to tell. Please, share it with me again. I must keep my own daughter's story close to my heart; it will be my grandest tale to tell!"

Vitha's ears swiveled a bit, thinking she was picking up a bit of sound. The breeze shifted a bit, and she could smell the dying grass under her paws as bits of grain shifted and swirled in the sky. It was so beautiful here, and it meant the world to her. "As long as the black flames don't return, and we keep ourselves strong, everything will be ok. He can never swallow me up again, and I will do my best to keep everyone safe." Her mind lingered towards her unborn cubs, keeping her heart strong with belief that they would be safe. They had to be safe. She would constantly wrestle with a twinge of guilt, of feeling foolish for allowing herself to get pregnant when she knew that the Pridelands were still not guaranteed free from this unknown entity, but she felt it was also proof to everyone around her that things were moving in the right direction.

As she spoke with her father, Aoife's bright blue eyes were staring straight at Vitha from a distance away. She carried a look of clear contempt, though the creamy lioness would never admit as to why. She was still absolutely convinced that the hack lioness was lying about this 'event' that had scared her into developing an impossibly clueless cult. A cult! Within the golden lands of the proud Pridelands? It infuriated her that Tau wouldn't do anything to snuff it out. To see that snake so happy, with her father right there....and a mate. Aoife had neither of those things in her life, and although she knew that Tau fancied her quite a lot, she couldn't lie to herself to lie to him. She liked him...perhaps even strung him along a bit further than she really should have, but she could never let him truly fall in love with her. She glanced over to her left, Tau standing a bit closer than friends should stand. Aoife did her best to try to gently influence him to ignore Vitha, but at least the King of the Pridelands hadn't shown much interest in the black-and-white cult leader outside of her influence. He was safe from her.

"Aoife," the king breathed, his own violet eyes following where her blue ones went. "Is that...?" He felt a little flush, standing so close to Aoife. She was rather charming; he knew there were other strong seers in the pride, but she was always so honest with him, enough to be willing to pick a fight with a king. And so he had found himself oddly attracted to her in a way he didn't think would ever be possible. She clearly enjoyed the attention, but she was careful in showing any outwardly signs of returned affection. And so the king waited, hoping that perhaps her attention would pull away from the silly cult issue....to him? He only hoped, like a foolish adolescent boy with a half-grown mane.

"I-It's nothing!" Aoife flushed, feeing foolish that she was caught staring at her sworn enemy. "I'll...I'll be right back, Your Highness," she said with a huff, her breath escaping her lungs as she gathering herself up to go confront Vitha yet again.

A chuckle hovered next to Tau's ear, and he felt himself nearly jumping out of his own skin. "G-grandfather!" He was attempting to steady his heart, but he jolted foward to give some space between his rabbit-heart and the old King, the beloved Simi of the Pridelands. He was much older now, bits of grey peeking out of his mane and face. The glimmer in his eyes was full of mischief, however, and he was ready to tease his grandson yet again for the same issues that crossed his heart.

"You haven't given up on her yet," the old lion laughed. "Its clear as day, and she certainly knows. Are you going to wait forever to see if she will come to love you, or will you finally settle the issue and find yourself an heir?" Simi's eyes softened a bit, understanding that his grandson was in a tough place.
The right to rule could be passed to many who were proven to carry the royal bloodline, and yet the crowns that were passed down from lion to lion was about as smooth as a zebra's zig-zag run. The line of succession was frankly, a mess, and the old Councilor was certain that it wouldn't be sorted out anytime soon.

Tau flushed, the heat flooding his cheeks and his ears. "I...I haven't considered what to do yet, Grandfather," he answered foolishly. This was one of those times he wished he was still in his birth-lands, in a place he only could recall in dreams. Tianxia. "But I will come to a decision soon. I....cannot wait forever. That is not what the Crown asks of me." His reply was weak, full of bitterness. Simi only sighed, shaking his head. "Do not compare your life to mine, Tau. I was lucky to marry the one that my heart desired, but that is rarely the case. Why don't you look around, speak with the pride tonight? It is a lovely night, with the twinkling stars showing themselves early. Take it as a good sign, and mingle. The air is still warm, and there is time before the moon rises to bid all to sleep."

And so, Tau turned, his eyes watching as Aoife was arguing with Vitha again, the flame of frustration rising in Vitha's mate's eyes...would he ever have a taste of that sort of passion? That drive for protection? He pulled himself away, and turned to a gathering of Pridelanders, clearing his throat for a moment.

"Good evening, my pride. I hope everyone is enjoying this warm night, where the breeze beckons us to gather and enjoy one another's company."

(summary: Aoife is arguing with a heavily pregnant Vitha, Tau wants Aoife to pay attention to him and not her, and Simi is kicking Tau over to mingle with other Pridelanders in hopes of giving up on Aoife. Simi and Tau are open to talk to!)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

His heart was pounding, loud enough that he could hear the frantic beats in his ears and feel it tremble in his throat. Paws anxiously shifted the dirt at his feet, and the awkward adolescent hide his expression behind his bangs. His mane had barely begun to sprout at the back of his neck, but there was enough fluff there to use as a shield. He really needed one now, because sitting next to him was the prettiest Pridelander he had ever seen. She was his niece's best friend, and only recently had Kayode met her and manage to speak a few... embarrassing mumbles at her.

She was just so distinctly different from the sea of golden and brown lions within the pride. Her pelt was soft, but black, with markings that resembled the scales of a snake slick down her back. Upon her forehead was a crescent moon, pale blue and slender. How could he not find himself infatuated with her?

For some reason, Belkane had left the two of them behind to mingle in the crowd. He doubted she paid enough attention to realize how much he fancied her friend, otherwise she probably would not let the two of them be alone together. The joke was on him, though - he had no idea how to talk to girls, let alone pretty ones. Kayode awkwardly cleared his throat, "Uh... nice night, isn't it?" Oh no, his voice cracked.

Oh no.

His eyes met her's for a brief moment, and he quickly looked up towards the stars, listening as the King greeted the lions gathered. Of course Kayode and his friends had shown up, the recent cult growth in the Pridelands had everyone curiously on edge. Kayode didn't mind the cult... not that he understood it, but he didn't see any harm in someone having different beliefs than he.

"...Yes." Her voice was soft, so soft that it would be difficult for anyone to hear her. If Kayode was considered quiet by most, Kore was so quiet that she almost disappeared into the background. She was a small, young lioness who had the misfortune of being dragged into trouble by her rowdier friends most of the time. She liked them, though, and so let herself be encouraged along on countless adventures.

She had always tried to be the voice of reason, becomes sometimes her friends were just downright unreasonable. Kore had protested gently when Belkane disappeared to be a downright socialite... leaving her behind with someone she had only met a few times. Kore did not really know Kayode - sure they had hung out here and there, but they were the quietest members of their crew. They liked to chime into conversation, not lead it.

So... things were pretty awkward right now.

Kore had seated herself towards the back of the group of gathered lions. Beside her Kayode stood rather awkwardly, as if he had no idea where to place himself or whether he should leave her behind or not as his niece had. His hovering was making her nervous, and he too seemed nervous... "It's very... dark. Um," and the way she hesitated over he neck words, the gentle high-pitched 'um' noise she made, just about gave Kayode a heart attack.

"How are your parents doing?"

They both needed saving from each other.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

((count me out of participation prize running <3))

Kituwe was in a good mood lately. It wasn't an ideal start to a family, more of a happy accident, but he had recently become a father and he was just.. over the moon about it. Uzuzi, being a kind and patient older brother, was listening to Kituwe yammer on about them and smiling.

"Seven is impressive," Uzuzi commented, "You must take after dad, small litters seem to run in mom's side. Unless you count Kubwa and Yaya, I guess.. or Enzi and Kafara.. maybe it's just mom."

Kituwe smiled.

"Maybe," he agreed, "Four boys, three girls.. as even as you can get with an odd number. Two of the girls are yellow, she even let me name one after Miamba. She looks like her, too. So far, anyway."

Uzuzi kept nodding along. This was the second time lately that he had become an uncle to more and more cubs. Thinking on that.. Mpapuro had had seven cubs, too. Maybe it was just a mom thing to have three or four. That sounded far more reasonable, if he ever had cubs he hoped that was all he would have to deal with at a time.

Kituwe was still babbling to Uzuzi, who kept on nodding, when Tau made an attempt to join into the groups that were socializing.. it was hard not to draw attention when you were the King, and being one of Kituwe's best friends, he naturally drew even more attention from the brothers as they idly chatted about the new additions to their family. Neither immediately jumped to chat with him, though, sitting a short distance from where he and the others were.. but it did draw Kituwe's attention to the scene behind the King. Aoife arguing with Vitha, who was closely attended by Mkate.. more cubs in the family, but.. it was awkward.. Kituwe thought about the argument he and his father had walked into between Tau and Mkate. Of course Mkate somehow got himself tangled up in the whole cult business, that was just.. perfect.

Uzuzi had more sympathy for Mkate, but he was unaffected by a friendship with the King. He did think it was interesting that his mate was a key figure in the whole cult business.. and his opinion on that whole mess was mostly to just not worry about it.

User Image

Dhahabu saw his uncles nearby and, weaving through the social gatherings around them (sometimes right through the middle of them), he carefully avoided them entirely. Hopefully they wouldn't notice him either, though he was hardly colored for camouflage.. at least he didn't need to avoid them, he just hated how easy it was to stumble into family around here sometimes.

He didn't exactly have a plan for his night but when he spotted two lions about his age, he settled on one. He arrived by Kayode and Kore just in time to hear the question about parents, and he made a face as he pushed his way between them- standing way too close to both.

"Well, that was awkward."

Krysin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With a yawn, the pink lioness sprawled out across the grass, eyes lazily looking up at the sky as if it were a mildly interesting show. Mei wasn't entirely certain what was going on, but hey, at least it was getting everyone's minds off of the drama of late.

Well... mostly, she thought with a glance towards where the lions in midst of it all were. So far, she'd managed to stay relatively out of the way of it all, and hadn't been confronted by either side. Perhaps it had to do with her more recent arrival to the pride, or maybe they didn't want to involve someone formally from another pride.

Either way, she was glad for it. Mei didn't even know what to think of all of that, and she didn't really want to think about it.

Shaking her head, she turned her gaze back to the stars, not really thinking about how early they were and instead just enjoying them.

((Pretty sure it's okay for rogues to be in this on the outskirts of the border? I'm reeeeaally just throwing in these two because I've had the itch to rp them since I got them. <3 They'll probably stay on the sidelines unless things progress near them.))

Curled up under the shadow of a tree as he was, he doubted that anyone would spot him or his companion, and that suited him just fine. Though he was decently far away from the pride that had gathered along it's borders, Noct didn't really want to chance them deciding that they were a threat. The only reason they hadn't settled somewhere further away was because Car had decided that he'd had enough traveling for one day and basically knocked out right then and there. It was as exasperating as it was humorous - but it did mean that they were stuck there for the time being.

Not that Noct couldn't just lift the little creature up and keep walking, but it was panning out to be a beautiful night and he wasn't in the mood to carry his friend around anyway.

So here they lay, with the dark lion using his pelt to obscure them in the darkness.

Car meanwhile, was indeed out cold. Soft snores escaped the little jackal as he snuggled up under one of Noct's paws, nose buried beneath his silvery tail. He had no idea that there was a pride gathered nearby, or that the night sky had made an early appearance. If he had, he might have held off on falling asleep until they were further away. After all, he'd always had more sense than his companion.

To be fair, after their adventure with the tornado, the two companions had traveled as far away as they could manage, in the hopes of avoiding any other strange weather phenomenons.

So far it had worked, and feeling safe enough now, Carbuncle had decided that this was a good enough place to rest as any.

MangoMeow

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"So?"

Asili cut a pair of vibrant eyes sidelong at his 'aunt', not sparing her the confident, snide tone of his voice as they meandered toward the lions that had gathered beneath the too-bright stars overhead.

"So?" she laughed in disbelief at both his tone and his general lack of concern but not at all phased by his attitude. It hit her and rolled off like water, no more phasing her than the rain on a summer afternoon. Instead she continued, pressing him. "You're saying you don't care they're causing a problem? You do understand how foolish that sounds, right?"

"Whatever," he sighed the word, looking away from her and up to the stars dismissively. He hated that she always seemed to know everything - it was better than being surrounded by idiots but not if it made him feel like an idiot. "It doesn't-"

"Hey, look," Adannaya had stopped some few paces behind him so that Asili had to turn and jerk his head back to find her as she interrupted him. He followed the path of her eyes and his own lighted finally upon her brother, his young uncle, fidgeting awkwardly next to a pretty black lioness he didn't think he actually knew. It pulled an amused smile across his jowls to see it even if he felt a little wicked at enjoying Kayode's utter incompetence in social situations.

Luckily, as Adannaya passed him and headed in a beeline for her brother, he saw the same smile on her own face. He fell into line behind her without a question and headed for the pair of ultra awkward adolescents.

"Kayooode," Adannaya all but purred at her brother, stepping up at his side and pressing her face into his shoulder so that half of her freckled cheek was hidden in his darker fur. As they grew older, he was getting much bigger than her, but the energy in the air said who was the dominant sibling as soon as she showed up on the scene. Like her mother, she didn't mind her tiny stature in comparison - she had a mind for getting her way even if her goals were not quite as selfish as the aging Kiasi. The girl's midnight eyes settled on the darker female.

"Aren't you going to introduce us?"

Behind her, Asili arrived with a s**t-eating smirk in place. He sat down, unconcerned, next to where Adannaya was standing with Kayode.

"Yeah. What gives, dude? Is your tongue tied again?"

Asili was not quite as sly as his aunt, it seemed.

~

It had been weeks - or maybe months - since Amaryllis had finally convinced her father that it was worth settling down in this pride and, if she were being honest, it was the best decision they had ever made. Little by little her father had become relaxed and more himself and she had been given something she always wanted: freedom to be loose in the world even if that world was now smaller.

At least they had been safe.

Apart from the whispers of this strange cult here and there, Amaryllis did not find much to complain over. She had been approached, once, by a black and white lioness she knew was at the head of the religious movement - Vitha, she thought was her name - but being that she had not been born in the Pridelands and did not truly have any religion of her own she had not felt alarmed or consoled. She had only been able to smile and nod before dismissing herself - safe pride or not, she was sure her father would not want her to get mixed up in whatever that was.

Tonight she was heading out to look at the stars. In the distance she could see Shaji's children - he had become a kind, supportive soul for them despite her father's initial concerns - but knew she should not interrupt a group of young lions. They were obviously enjoying their time away from the input of adults and she envied that, a little, at their age.

A soft trill announced the return of her friend and her golden eyes swung up to the sky just in time to see Inkumba sweeping down to her. The blue bird landed cleanly and gently upon her back and settled in with a ruffle of feathers.

"They're so bright," Inkumba murmured dreamily, "what a strange thing. We've never seen it like this!"

Amaryllis smiled and shook her head as let her eyes raise to the sky.

"You are not wrong, Inny."

Krysin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:58 am
User Image

The sky was wonderful. Natia's dark eyes were swallowing up every bit of light they could gather, attempting to soak as much details as possible. She was a poor artist, most of her work a messy mix of pressed flowers and berry juice smashed against any boulders she could get her paws on. But this? The sky above, the stars that seemed impossibly bright...was one growing a tail? She wanted to recreate this beauty once the sun rose in the morning.

She bumped past many bodies, surprised that it seemed like a large amount of the pride was out here tonight. Once she heard the king speak, however, it became far more understandable. Wiggling low to the ground around a few other bodies, her was finally able to see him. King Tau. He looked much like his family, the massive line that could trace back to the throne. There were parts of him that seemed different, though. He had a strong jaw, rounder eyes that always had a glint of sadness to them. Natia didn't see him very often, and it was always from far away....but he was someone that everyone knew of, and was an easy victim of gossip and wistful sighs. She would be lying if she didn't think he was handsome, and even let herself have the smallest of crushes on him, as unobtainable as it was.

She would have been content to just lay there watching him, or perhaps even gathered up her scattered bits of bravery to actually say hello to him, when her round ears caught the sounds of some teasing. Swiveling her head, she noticed that a gang of lions her age were starting to gather...and her sister was there. She took that as an invitation to join in, the handsome king forgotten in favor of more down to earth fantasies of silly boys and sweet friends. "Kore!"

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:43 pm
The two adolescents had two distinctly different reactions from the sudden intrusion of a stranger. Kayode was about as sheltered as a child as one could be, but he seemed to accept Dhahabu's overly familiar approach without so much as a blink of an eye. There were plenty of lions within the Pridelands, and he was sure he knew this one... somehow. To him there was no need to be concerned with the arrival of someone he did not know. It was just a chance to get to know somebody new!

...Even if they were poking a bit of fun at him.

"Uh," he interjected without even the slightest bit of eloquence, "...kind of." The words were mumbled, and he felt his cheeks flush from embarrassment over admitting that things were really awkward. His gaze shifted back over to Kore, who had somehow managed to put distance between herself and the boys without anyone noticing. Kayode could tell she was uncomfortable, but he had no idea how to put her at ease. Obviously, thrilling conversation with him wasn't doing the trick. What an idiot he was! He was never going to impress anyone when he kept fumbling over his own words.

A confidence boost was what he needed, and for a moment that was exactly what his sister gave him. They had been close since cubhood, being the only two children in the den. She was his strength, and when he felt her cheek brush against his shoulder he bowed his head to affectionately bump his cheek against her's. It was a few seconds too late by the time he realized what the tone she used when saying his name meant. Cautiously, he answered, "...Adannaya."

Oh no, he knew that she knew that he had a crush. The mischief was clear in her deep blue eyes. If he just acted 'cool', perhaps this would not go as poorly as his mind had dramatized. "This is Kore, she's your sister's best friend, Asili." It was hard for him to remember that some lions had more than one littermate. "Uh, Kore, this is my sister Adannaya and my nephew... er, relative, Asili." Saying 'nephew' made Kayode sound old, and awkward. Really, really awkward.

Another female made her way towards the sudden gathering of adolescents. Kayode turned a curious gaze towards her, and his cheeks definitely flushed. She was obviously related to Kore - a sister? But she had wings on her back, actual wings! The young lady was beautiful, and in that moment Kayode realized that there were already one too many pretty girls here for him to handle. "Oh, uh, hello." He squeaked at Natia.

---

Kore had a very small comfort zone when it came to strangers. Even though she was familiar with Kayode, conversation with him was still very uncomfortable. Actually, it was downright awkward. She was considering looking for a way to politely excuse herself to find someone she knew better when a new face marched towards her and Kayode. She glanced to the brown Pridelander, looking into his eyes to see if he recognized the boy approaching them. It did not look like he did... but then why was this boy being so familiar with both of them? He squished his way between the two adolescents, and Kore immediately felt her anxiety climbing towards its peak.

Her sharp canines bit down on her lower lip as she forced herself to not make too much of a scene. When Dhahabu's attention was diverted momentarily by Kayode, she quickly scooted so that a good two feet of space was between herself and the boys. "Excuse me, who are you?" While Kayode had clearly just accepted this odd boy's presence, Kore was not quite so willing to. Where was Belkane when she needed her?

Kore could hardly handle conversation with Kayode alone, so when adolescents just started gathering around them she felt as if her heart could not take all the attention. Anxiously, she looked for an escape route as Kayode spoke with his sister and their... whatever he was. "Hello," she greeted demurely, and lifted a paw in order to wave at the two newest arrivals. At least Kayode actually knew these two. It was a step up from the yellow stranger in their midst who was just far too comfortable.

Kayode definitely seemed to have troublesome family. She almost felt a need to defend Kayode from the teasing, but as she didn't want to turn that teasing towards herself she remained quiet. While she wasn't comfortable with too much attention, she really hated negative attention.

"Natia!" The relief was clear to hear in Kore's voice, as if the one hero she had been waiting for all evening had finally arrived. Her sister was just the right lioness to make her feel at ease in a group of relative strangers. She was a familiar face to latch onto, and Kore did so very quickly. "Sister, I am glad to see you. I don't think you've met Kayode before - and his sister Adannaya, and... Asili." She stared at the yellow youth and turned a puzzled frown at him, "and whomever this is."

She surely got a lot more talkative all the sudden.

---

The weeks in these new lands had been relatively peaceful. Na'resh hadn't dared to get too invested in the pride yet, because something about these lands seemed to be too good to be true. He had yet to see hide or hair of any of his family. Even his sister, Yhe, had not found him here. His family just... came with so much pain attached to them, and it was something he did not wish to afflict his only child with. Amaryllis was his light and his life, and he would not let his terrible history taint her life. He had never had a father, never had a strong male figure to model himself after. So, for her, he hoped that he was a good enough parent.

He hoped he could always keep her safe and happy. In the Pridelands, that seemed to be a possibility more than anywhere else had been. Shaji and Kiasi had been kind faces within these lands, enough to fool anyone into believing that everything was sunshine and rainbows here. But, Na'resh was too used to pain, was too used to tragedy to believe that his life would ever go right.

Staring at his daughter, he felt that lonesome pang shoot through his heart. She was so like her mother, beautiful and kind. If his mate was still alive, Na'resh knew that Amaryllis would have made her proud. He knew he would likely also be scolded for babying her so, but that was something he could not help. She was the only joy left in his life, and with every fiber of his being he would keep her safe. He could not protect her mother, but he could protect her.

Na'resh was no fool - he was not oblivious to the going ons of the pride, of this mysterious cult. The fact that his own daughter had been approached by a member of the cult made his blood boil, but intervening now would do no one any good. Amaryllis had been smart enough to not involve herself with those on the fringes of society. He could see the leader of the cult now, her belly swollen with cubs, being addressed by another member of the pride.

He looked away, chased by a painful memory that he'd almost rather forget.

Na'resh walked up behind his daughter and greeted her with the most slender of smiles. He was never that far from her, even if she fancied her independence it was hard for him to just... let her go. Surely one day he would have to, but it was not this day. "I wonder if it's true, if the Kings of Old watch these lands from the stars. It's a romantic notion, if nothing else." There were plenty of worries plaguing his mind, but he would not burden his child with them.

Safaia

Felyn

Ecavi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Nyimak didn't really understand what was going on in the pride lands lately. She had heard some rumors about a cult forming and that they believed they needed to give the gods offerings. Nyimak thought that was silly, she had met many gods in her days and not a single one had ever asked her to worship or give them stuff. Nyimak didn't know but a goddess had actually once given her a gift in the form of the feather she wore in her hair. Her mane had grown a bit longer during her stay in the pride lands. Treating the gods like anyone else was one thing that she strongly agreed with the pride lands about because to her they did feel like every other lion. Hopes, dreams, fears. She had laughed with gods and made friends with them and been annoyed by them. They were just as much a part of life as she was. Worthy of respect and affection. Gifts though maybe on their birthday.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Businge was upset and pacing she had tried to be more confident and strike out to have some fun recently but she had too much trouble making eye contact with any of the males she had met and struck out. Now the energy around the pride lands had her fur standing on end. She was nervous and uncomfortable about the talk of the cult, that went against the teachings of the pride. Teachings she had grown up on since her rogue mother had brought Businge to the pride land. She sat down her tail still moving because her mood had not settled. The council had still been unable to figure out what had become of the mother and her daughter. Who had killed the mother and where had the daughter gone? Some had suggested the cult was at fault, but others had cautioned against jumping to conclusions.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:32 pm
Dhahabu did put his attention fully on Kayode, the more vocal of the two awkward adolescents he had decided to interrupt.. even if his answer to the statement was even more awkward. That.. just wouldn't do-- but he turned to Kore with a grin when she did speak to him as expected.

Awkward blondie had the wrong idea, the dark lady was moving things forward better and so he turned his attention to her.. just in time for more adolescents to arrive. His mouth hung open just a little too long as he re-evaluated the situation. A bunch of relatives, it looked like.

He glanced around furtively, wondering if one of his siblings was going to appear next. Thankfully, none did. Not immediately, anyway.

"This is Dhahabu," he introduced himself, looking back to the group with a grin and putting a little distance between himself and Kayode now that he had successfully put some space between Kayode and Kore, "Nice to meet you all."

Krysin

Felyn

Safaia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:00 pm
"Oh, what a pleasure it is to meet you, Kore," she chimed, completely oblivious (or so it would seem) to her brother's discomfort. For what it was worth, she did not step away from him so there was some comfort to be had in her presence but if he had hoped she was going to be more support than imp tonight then he had sorely misjudged her mood.

Instead, she plopped herself down happily next to him and continued to leaned her shoulder onto his - until the yellow boy introduced himself and she released a soft, airy peal of laughter at his playful jab. At least she was not the only one using the pair of awkward lions for her own amusement.

Convinced that there were enough other lions here to keep Kayode and this dark lady from stammering their way into the most awkward conversation of their lives, she turned her deep eyes onto Dhahabu.

"It's so nice to meet you. You do look.. very familiar though," she set her jaw and clicked her tongue in a moment of concentration before at last gasping and whacking her brother in the shoulder. "He reminds me of Amaryllis! Doesn't he? Are you related to her?"

~

Asili nodded politely at the introductions, growing bored already of the awkwardness now that there were so many other lions around to make it easier. He would have liked to see Kayode dig himself into a hole but Adannaya was doing a good job of being distracting.

He blew out a dramatic sigh that made his mane tuft flop widely above his forehead before someone to his right yelled out a name he had just begun to associate with the dark female and his attention snapped up to see who it was -

And oh was he pleasantly surprised. She was gorgeous.

Asili puffed out his chest and drew himself up to look as tall as he possibly could next to Kayode and.. that yellow guy - Dhahabu? Whatever. A sleezy smirk pulled across his mug, one that he no doubt thought was handsome, and when he spoke next his voice was oddly low and.. creepy. It was creepy.

"Natia, is it? It's a pleasure to meet you. I don't think I've seen you around before."

~

"Wouldn't it just be wonderful?" Amaryllis chimed at her father without missing a beat, managing to conceal her small pitfall over him having found her on such a pretty night. She had hoped that maybe, just maybe, she would be able to meet some of the other pride members beyond Kiasi and Shaji but, as she had begun to realize, she was not going to be able to do that at all unless she could shift her father's focus to someone else.

Only the thought of that immediately made her realize that she didn't find many females worthy of her father's admiration.

On her back, Inny trilled in amusement and leaned herself into the wine-toned lioness' neck fluff. The little blue bird did not have to speak for Amaryllis to know that she was laughing at her father having found them so quickly.

"I wonder why it's just the Kings, though?"

Krysin

Safaia

Ecavi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:06 pm
User Image

Redish-brunette ears had caught the trickling bits of gossip and rumors. As she grew the adults seemed to lack notice of her company or simply no longer cared to hide things. Soft dark eyes blinked slowly as she left the den she shared with her steadily growing family and she stared silently at passerbys. Where were they going? Quietly she crept behind them and only when their heads turned up towards the sky did she do the same. F-al gasped lightly and dropped to her rump.

"It's beautiful." Her eyes sparkled and she became momentarily locked where she sat. It wasn't until a distracted bumped into her, mumbling a complaint under his breath, that she shied away and apologized profusely. Eyes leaving the beauty of the sky for the mere earth beneath her paws as shame took over the otherworldly feeling. She couldn't meet the strangers gaze, not even to discover if they were a stranger or not. When they had moved on she decided to do the same, not spending a whole ton of time on what had happened - even if her heart wouldn't slow down.

"I'm sorry." She repeated as the rush of the 'crowd' began to over take her once again. The next was a couple and the lioness, with kind eyes, waved away the apology which eased F-al's mind. The walk was much nicer to the field, but upon arrival her heart began to beat in its chest again.

So. Many. Lions.

She inhaled deeply, slowly, and drew out a few seconds before releasing that breath. Perhaps the only control she really had beyond leaving. F-al was determined to stay, meet lions her own age, and maybe learn more about these rumors. The stars above were simply a bonus - a very glittery bonus. In the moment, as her heart beat out of its chest, she decidedly gazed upward - this time out of the way. Her dark eyes caught glimpse of a few twinkling stars, aside from the delightful lights already present. They seemed to dance against the dark back drop and brought a smile to her face. The world was full of simple beauties.

"Oh, another one!"

She cried out in an eager whisper as another star twinkled, it was part of a pair, or so she imagined and so the pair looked like they had winked. Does fate have something in store for me? She wondered the curious thought quietly, to herself and remained in that seated pose, eyes glued to the sky.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:30 am
User Image User Image

Ahe sat with his sister in the tall grasses, the quiet breeze of the night soft and comforting. It was one of the more peaceful nights in the pridelands, filled with a joyful togetherness that he felt was present in the lands more often than not. Still, it seemed like many of the days were now filled with stirrings of something less than savory afoot, whispers of a cult building up within the pride. For the most part he'd tried to keep as far away from it as possible, but Arawyn had mentioned something the other day that made it seem as though she'd perhaps been approached by what Ahe could only assume was the leader. She'd been dismissive when he'd tried to bring it up a few times today....

His eyes floated over the beautiful stars, shimmering with an intensity rarely seen, and he sighed softly. "What I'm really trying to get at is... do you ... believe her?"

She wished truly that Ahe would just drop the subject all together. It wasn't like she was the only one who'd been approached lately... in fact, she was surprised he hadn't been approached. She just wanted to lay out in the night and watch the stars above, maybe even take a little walk around to talk to some of the other members. After all, it seemed overly social this evening and she wasn't displeased with that. "Ahe, what do you think?" She mumbled, her tone neutral as she leveled him with a look. Obviously he didn't know what to think because he kept bringing it up... but if she was being honest with herself she wasn't really sure what to think. She was still processing... that was allowed, wasn't it?

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

"Come on, Mto," urged the young lioness as she trotted through the tall grass. Tuwa was eager to watch the rather stunning sunset with the others in her pride, oblivious to the matters that seemed to upset the adults. She was just barely done growing and still had her cublike look on the world, that nothing was wrong or bad and that everyone was happy.

"The stars are already out!" she said with a laugh, gazing up at the sky even as her paws crunched on the slightly dead grass. "Isn't that something?"

Behind her a gruff looking antelope trotted along to keep up although her face didn't reflect the joy of her lioness companion. Mto had been around for quite a few generations and she knew her home was slowly slipping down a steep slope of no return. Her eyes caught sight of the cult leader not far from where Tuwa had stopped and she gave a little snort of dislike, not at all interested in looking up at the moment.

"Sure is," she muttered, ears twisting this way and that to try to hear what Vitha and Aoife were arguing about. Tuwa plopped down into the grass but Mto remained on her feet, always a bit twitchy when around this many lions. She knew that as a familiar no one would harm her, but she hadn't lived this long by blindly trusting.

---

Chionesu was among those already gathered, his blue eyes turned up to observe the spectacle. He was a bit on his own, laying without anyone too close. He did prefer to be alone in most cases but tonight he felt just a bit lonely. He'd occasionally glance over at the gathered lions to see if someone was also sitting alone, wondering if he should work up the courage to go speak to someone.

Tau spoke, breaking the relative silence of the gathered Pridelanders, and after just a few moments Chion decided the king was just as good as anyone to try to strike up conversation with. Getting to his paws, the large lion walked quietly over to the king, his heart pounding hard in his chest. It wasn't the fact that Tau was in charge that had him so nervous, just the fact that he was going to try to interact with someone first rather than someone approaching him.

"It is a nice evening," he agreed, his voice deep but quiet. "We could use a bit of rain but the breeze is refreshing."

ThePridelands

[IC] Pridelands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces