Mwezi cubbos to a good home! || Closed, winners pg. 2! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:35 am
Mwezi cubbos to a good home!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Mwezi couple have had cubs and are in need of homes! There are 4 contests in this thread: a Mwezi-line newbie raffle, a bread raffle (yes, you read that right), a personality contest and a naming contest. If you have any questions please feel free to ping me either through Gaia PM or on discord.

Seaki is the colorist of this litter!

Starts: Now!
Ends: 6 PM PST on December 10, 2022

Rules:
    1. Everyone is welcome to enter (including staff)! The only one really limited is the Mwezi-line newbie raffle boy.
    2. You’re welcome to enter all/as many contests as you’d like, but you will only be able to win one (1) cub! I’ll be judging the contests first and then rolling for the raffles. (Likely in the order they’re posted in below) If you win a cub, I’ll be taking you out of any subsequent lists.
    3. These are Mwezi'Johari cubs. Please read up on the pride before entering.
    4. The newbie raffle is for Mwezi'Johari line art newbies. If you have no characters on the pride-exclusive Mwezi'Johari lines, you qualify for the raffle.
    5. Role play is not required, though I’m happy to offer some if you’d like!
    6. All SoA / Gaia rules apply.
    7. You can edit your entries up until the closing time. At that point, you can no longer edit them.
    8. There are no naming requirements, though I'd love to keep the naming theme for this litter to something musical, if possible.
    9. Their ranks are still TBD. I'll update this once I know what they'll each be!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:36 am
About the Family

This family is part of the Mwezi'Johari pride. Please be sure to read up on the Mwezi pride before entering! The mom, dad and one of the litter's twins are all owned by me.

Mom and dad are both low class in the pride, not that either of them let that hinder their happiness. To them, they each met their fairy tale prince/princess and they don't much care about status. The cubs have yet to have their ranks rolled for. Once they have been, I'll be sure to mention it!

Brio (the father)
    Born during the darkness, Brio and his siblings all ended up low class when they should have been high class. Not that Brio particularly cares about that. He's just happy to live life with his family... and stay relatively out of the spotlight. He's got a beautiful singing voice, but due to his shy nature, very few have actually heard him sing.

He and Medli met as cubs when she came across him singing in the night. They quickly became childhood friends, but as they grew older, Brio found himself falling for Medli. Unfortunately for him, she was determined to find "the one", and had a habit of never really looking at him. Still, he cared for her and would help her venture out in search of this mystery man.

It all finally came to a head upon reaching adulthood. After a bit of pushing from his best friend, Brio finally plucked up the courage to tell her his feelings, and discovered that his feelings weren't as one-sided as he'd thought. The two were wed quickly afterwards and have since been living a very happy life.

Medli (the mother)
    Happy and cheerful and bubbly at most times of the day, Medli is a friendly lioness, if a bit vain. Also born during the darkness, Medli and her siblings would have been upper-middle had it not been such bad timing. Like Brio though, she's also not too bothered by it.

As her father is a god, she is a seer and has been capable of using her gift since she was very young. She has a habit of relying on said visions a little too heavily and sometimes loses track of what's actually going on around her. The biggest example of this happened when she was a cub. She had gained a vision of what would become the love of her life in the future, though his features were vague and she had very little to go off of. Not to be deterred, she spent all of her teen-hood trying to find him.

Alongside her was Brio, her childhood friend, who she cared for deeply. Oblivious as she is though, she didn't notice either of their feelings changing until he finally snapped at her. It left her doing a lot of soul searching, making her realize that happiness right in front of her, and it took almost losing it for her to notice.

The irony is that upon coming to that conclusion, and mending her relationship with Brio, she came to the realization that the mystery lion she'd been looking for... was literally right in front of her. She has since admitted this fact to him, and they now look back on it as a lesson: don't get lost in your fantasy to not notice reality.

User Image
    Unnamed Twin Sister (the fifth sibling in the litter)
    Completely blank slate still.

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:46 am
Identity Crisis

[ personality contest ]

User Image

For this contest, you’ll need to come up with a personality for this girl! Is she sassy? Is she moody? What is she like?

Additionally, since her twin sister (the cub I own) is a blank slate, you're free to come up with whatever personality you think would fit their dynamic as well. Are the twins identical in every way, or are their personalities completely different? Do they get along like bread and butter, or are they always getting on each other's nerves? I want to see what you come up with! I'm also leaving my girl unnamed for the moment, so you can freely pick a name for yours. (I'll adjust mine to whatever you pick!) You're welcome to even suggest a name for mine that will fit with yours, if you'd like.

Fill out the form below to enter. Once the contest ends, I will be picking the one I like the most.

[b][color=blue]Personality Contest Entry[/color][/b]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cub’s Name:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (This is required! It can be as long or short as you’d like.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:48 am
What's in a Name

[ naming contest ]

User Image

This boy needs a name! Fill out the form below to enter. Once the contest ends, I will be picking the one I feel like fits him the best.

[b][color=blue]Naming Contest Entry[/color][/b]

[b]Cub’s Name:[/b] (include meaning, if applicable)

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:52 am
Mwezi-line Newbie Raffle

[ pride-line newbie raffle ]

User Image

This boy is available to anyone who is new to owning Mwezi-lined lions. To enter, you must have between 0-1 Mwezi-lined characters. (Mwezi'Johari Lines)

Fill out the form below to enter. Once the contest ends, I will be rolling between all of the entries.

[b][color=blue]Mwezi-line Newbie Raffle Entry[/color][/b]

[b]How Many Mwezi-lined SoA Do You Have?:[/b]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:14 am
Bread Raffle

[ free for all raffle, but with bread ]

User Image

This girl makes me think of bread. So provide me with bread, please! It can be a recipe, a picture... heck, if you want to describe in beautiful, wordy detail the process of bread baking, I'd be down for that too! Have fun with it~

Fill out the form below to enter. Once the contest ends, I will be rolling between all of the entries.

[b][color=blue]Bread Raffle Entry[/color][/b]

[b]Bread:[/b]
[spoiler]

ENTRY HERE

[/spoiler]

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:18 am
Entrants

Personality Contest Twin Girl
    1. SilverLutz
    2. Ice_Dragon_Demon

Naming Contest Boy
    1. SilverLutz
    2. Hoshi Lockhart
    3. Ice_Dragon_Demon
    4. Hitsuzen
    5. Jovi of Shadows
    6. Avid_RPer18

Newbie Raffle Boy
    1. Hoshi Lockhart
    2. Ice_Dragon_Demon
    3. Hitsuzen
    4. Moxxiie
    5. Jovi of Shadows
    6. Avid_RPer18

Bread Raffle Girl
    1. magnadearel
    2. Hoshi Lockhart
    3. Ice_Dragon_Demon
    4. Hitsuzen
    5. Moxxiie
    6. Jovi of Shadows
    7. Avid_RPer18

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:43 pm
This is now open!!! heart  

MangoMeow

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:04 pm
Bread Raffle Entry

Username: magnadearel
Cub’s Name: Belén (meaning 'house of bread')
Bread:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:46 pm
Personality Contest Entry

Username: SilverLutz
Cub’s Name: Senza OR Sempre - without OR always, the other name can be used for her twin
Personality: Senza/Sempre is the embodiment of mom's outgoing, bubbly personality with dad's musical talent. She is constantly singing and she knows she's good, which brings about a bit of arrogance and competitiveness especially towards her twin sister who is just as good at carrying a tune. There are times they work together like one lion, singing and harmonizing beautifully, working together to solve problems...and there are others where they know one another so well that they are each other's own worst enemy. Only time will tell if the sisters grow up to be best friends or bitter rivals.

Naming Contest Entry

Username: SilverLutz
Cub’s Name: Rubato - not a strict tempo  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:38 pm
Naming Contest Entry

Username: Hoshi Lockhart
Cub’s Name: Achishar [Hebrew "My brother sings"]
Mwezi-line Newbie Raffle Entry

Cub’s Name: Ahuli [Cherokee "Drum"]
How Many Mwezi-lined SoA Do You Have?: 0

Bread Raffle Entry

Cub’s Name: Cappella [A type of performance by one or more singers without music]
Bread:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:32 pm
Updated the list to here~  

MangoMeow

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice_Dragon_Demon

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:58 pm
Personality Contest Entry

Username: Ice_Dragon_Demon
Cub’s Name: Partita [a suite, typically for a solo instrument or chamber ensemble.]
Personality: Closer to her father in personality, she's calmer, but has moments in which she can get very excited and sometimes forgetting the appropriateness of the situation. This girl also has a habit of getting into things she shouldn't she's innately curious. Partita also has a deep secret, which she keeps hidden possibly only confiding in her twin. Partita coming from a musical family, was born without any of the musical talent her family overflowed with, in turn she watches her siblings longingly. she still does love her family dearly.

Naming Contest Entry

Cub’s Name: Ikhwela (Whistle)

Cub’s Name: Coda - (Italian: 'tail' The tail end of a piece of music. Usually a section which indicates the end of the piece or section is approaching. )

Bread Raffle Entry

Cub’s Name: Cula (Sing in Zulu)
Bread:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:25 pm
Thank you for the chance, these cubs are all so cute!

Naming Contest Entry

Username: Hitsuzen
Cub’s Name: Arion [With Melody]

Cub’s Name: Bansi [Flute]

Bread Raffle Entry

Cub’s Name: Ardelis [Warm]
Bread: Pumpkin Bread emotion_drool

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:42 pm
I thought I was in my journal! My bad, gotta close my tabs. OTL  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers