Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiTotoro222
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:53 am
Y ELLO THAR! I am the Skyblue Ranger speaking! Yaaaaay~ <3

Anyways, this is where you go to suggest new manga/anime things others should watch/read. :3

You can also go here if you need recommendations. I think...that's about all I want to say. xD <333

Format

[size=9][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Anime or Manga?:[/b]
[b]Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.):[/b]
[b]Brief summary:[/b]
[b]Additional comments:[/b][/size]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:27 am
yay first comment! XD anyways to anyone and everyone the animes/mangas i suggest are (if you havent already):
Chrono Crusade
Bleach
Fruits Basket
Pretear
Tsubasa Chronicles
Shuffle!

those are all the anime i've watched and read (including Naruto but who here HASNT seen Naruto??) and they are awesome! ^_^

xxNai-chanxx

genjo sanjo

300 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:36 pm
Name: Black Cat
Anime or Manga?: Anem and Manga
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): teen - older teen
Brief summary: There used to be a legendary assassin called “Black Cat” who had many people. He was supposed to be killed because he had betrayed the secret syndicate, “Cronos”. They hired Train to become a bounty hunter to kill him.

He runs after his ex-buddy, Creed, with Sven who has grasper eyes, Rins who is good at disguise, and bio-weapon Eve.
Additional comments:
I really liked this series,and I have all of the anime episodes. I currently own 4 of the manga volumes,and I'm addicted to the series. I suggest the manga for anyone that likes a combination of comedy and action.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:32 pm
Hmmm... What about a subforum for all the obscure anime/manga that everyone talks about? Or a subforum for all the ones that AREN'T mainstream? Like Elfen Lied, Gankutsuou, GreenGreen, DokiDoki School Days, and the like. XD  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

[.Onomatopoeia-.]
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:34 pm
O:
There actually is a regular thread for Anime and Manga suggestions, so should we lock it or make that one a sticky and delete this one?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:28 pm
Name: Hikaru no Go
Anime or Manga?: Both
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): All or Y7
Brief summary: A 12 year old boy (Hikaru) finds a bloodstaind Go board haunted by Fujiwara no Sai. After Sai goes into Hikaru's mind, the two play side-by-side, while Sai tries to obtain The Hand of God!
Additional comments:
The manga had caught my eye in an issue of Shonen Jump after Naruto. I looked it up on YouTube and found a huge treasure trove of episodes. It also got me hooked on the Go game. You all should give it a chance.  

Ren Akiyama

850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:08 am
Name: Haunted Junction
Anime or Manga?: Anime
Rating: Teen
Breif Summery: The story focuses around three high school students and their adventures as they try to protect their spiritual school from evil or haywire spirits with the help of the seven local school spirits.
Additional Comments: Its not very well known, but i thought it was something different to watch when i got it at my library and i really enjoyed it. Most of the series is filled with vulgar jokes as a warning to you all, and unfortunately it might only be in japanese  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:42 am
Name: Crescent Moon
Anime or Manga?: Manga
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen
Brief summary: Mahiru Shiraishi was never an average girl, she can give other people incredibly good luck just by touching them. And when she has recurring dreams of a demon, her life is turned upside down. Enter the Lunar Race, and the demons Mitsuru, Nozomu and Akira. Mahiru suddenly becomes an object of treasured value in the battle between demon and human.
Additional comments:It's a very short series; only 6 books long. ^.^

VoraciousPanda

Gawd Complex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:03 am
Name: To Love
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen
Brief summary: One day Yuuki Rito, a normal but clumsey teenage boy, finds a naked girl in his bath. The girl, named Lala, turnes out to be a princess from another planet who ran away from her planet since her dad wanted to engage her to some alien-creeps. After the bath-incident Lala falls in love with Rito. But Rito is not in love with her, he likes 'Sairenji-san'. However if he hurts Lala's feelings, a big mad daddy will come to destroy earth. And besides that problem there are also some mad aliens who would like to kill Rito for 'stealing their girl'. Enough problems I would say.
Additional comments:
The manga is really amusing. Rito makes many bloopers, especially when it comes to his little love-triangle. It's a bunch of randomness, but it's a cute randomness. I would recommend it for people who're trying to get a break from the 'deep stuff'. Such as myself. x3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:06 am
Name: xxxHolic
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.):
Brief summary: Yuuko is a witch who grants people's wishes, but in return the person has to give up something precious. Watanuki Kimihiro, a man who has visions, encounters Yuuko and she promises to get rid of the spirits that torment him. In return Watanuki must work in Yuuko's shop and help her grant other people's wishes.
Additional comments:Incredibly funny and crosses over with a bunch of the other mangaka's work. This is a manga by the wonderful group 'CLAMP' who made Card Captor Sakura and X/1999 which are my other favorites.

Riosin

sandals

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:31 pm
Name: Full Moon O Sagashite
Anime or Manga?: Anime show/manga
Rating: hm....idk...teen maybe....more girls than guys i think
Breif Summery: The story focuses around a 12 years old girl, mitsuki, who has a tumor in her throat that ases her pain if she sings too loudly. Her dream is to become a pop star, but the tumor is preventing her from accomplishing this. she is basicly more inspired to become a singer b/c she wants to find this special someone hu has gone to america. In order to find who was going to be saving her from her death nejiramen were sent to find and stop that from happening. they give mitsuki a little boost to start her career and find that special someone.
Additional Comments: This manga Rox! i would think that this is for girls more...but it is okay for guys to read too. ^^ it is rele funny too and cute and sad and etc. i recomend it to everyone "believe it!" ((lol...i felt like saying that sweatdrop ))  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:42 pm
O also there is MAR:
Name: MAR
Anime or Manga?: Anime
Rating: PG? ((my bro says so...lol))
Breif Summery: This anime is about an 8th grader named Ginta. he doesnt do so well in skool b/c he frequently day dreams about this magical world that he hopes to one day find. Then one day a mysterious person uses this "magical item" and brings Ginta to this magical world he has been dreaming of. Once there he finds a that all his abilities improved. He then finds a person there hu tricks him into trying to get this "very rare magical item" for her. he goes with her to get it and then he ends up being its friend, fore it can talk. this rare item has been awaked and since it is so rare people will be looking for it and so Ginta has to battle these people and find out his purpose of being in this magical world.
Additional Comments: it is found on toonamijetstream.com it is an awsome anime and it is rele funny too ^^

((o and for those hu like tennis go on there and look at The Prince of Tennis ^^ it is sooooo awsome ^^))  

sandals

Long Black Veil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:30 pm
Name:Ranma1/2
Anime or Manga?:both
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.)teen to older teen
Brief summaryafter a training accident in china high schooler Ranma Satome along with his father transform when dunked with cold water. ranmas dad turns into a panda and ranma turns into a girl!
Additional comments:lol funny rofl by the maker of inuyasha!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:11 am
Any1 knoe any good romance animes ?

but
anime:U should watch Bleach)if u dont mind long anime series);futakoi;"Suzuka"(personal fav.);KIBA;Basalisk;etc  

Shinigami369

HelenaHikari

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:47 pm
If you like to see girls kick a** then watch Kiddy Grade; if you like to see little girls kick a** then watch Gunslinger Girl.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff