Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:44 pm
Dahlia Edgeworth // Damien Edgeworth
Housewife // Kin'gs Cross // Wearing
Unsorted // First Year // King's Cross // Wearing
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

spaceDamien came through the barrier, taking the same slow, measured steps as when he'd entered on the other side, fighting to keep his expression under control. He knew he likely looked bored, but it was the only expression, or rather lack thereof, that he could manage when trying to cover his nervousness. He looked around carefully, taking in the sights. Nothing much to see, really, just a few other students and their parents. No one he would know, of course, since he'd been so sheltered since the incident with Adalaide Blythe. She wasn't here yet, he noticed. Perhaps she wasn't even a witch; perhaps she'd taken after her mother. It was a small hope; he didn't really care to be forced to see her at school.

spaceDahlia entered after her son, bearing the same simple, bored expression, but with a hint of disdain her son's didn't possess. She was ready to leave; he would be fine from here without her. She turned to him. "I've seen you to the train; I'm sure you can manage on your own from here. I'll be returning to the manor. Once you've arrived and been sorted, go to the Owlery and write us to let us know about the trip." What she really meant was, let us know that you were sorted into Slytherin. But, of course, she wouldn't say such a thing in public. No sense in everyone knowing of her family's views on the lower classes. She offered her son a small wave before returning through the barrier, leaving him alone.

spaceDamien watched his mother leave, being sure to keep his expression under control. But, a small hint of nervousness bled through; he was quite anxious. But, he couldn't show it; a moment later, his expression grew bored again.

═════════════════════════════════

(( OOC: ))
**Dahlia Edgeworth exit to King's Cross**

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

Second Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Platform 9 3/4
What am I doing? Talking with Chase.
What am I thinking? Dreadful.

The Hufflepuff caught her Ravenclaw friend's glances at her eyes and finally sighed. "You can ask. My brother punched me because I stayed over at a Muggle's house. He's so annoying! Ugh." When he asked about her summer, she sighed and slumped to the floor. "Dreadful. I didn't get to see Ariana at all. I really miss her. I did see Steele though. That's why Morvin punched me. How about yours?" she asked, trying to shift the spotlight off her.

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
Second Year: Hufflepuff Seeker

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana walked along the train platforms with her mum, dad, and brother. Arriving at the brick wall which separates platforms nine and ten, Ariana gave each of her family members enormous hugs. They were so tight that she could feel their heartbeats pounding in their chests. Once she gave the last person a hug and kiss, she turned to face the wall. She heaved in a deep breath before walking through the wall.
Ariana emerged onto the platform where the Hogwarts Express stood. There were a handful of students and their families standing around, patiently waiting for the train to let the students on. I guess I'm really early, she thought, a small smile forming on her face. After a long summer, Ariana was finally going to be starting her second year at Hogwarts. Exactly one year ago, she boarded the train in tears. At least not one student saw her crying as she sat alone in a compartment. This year was going to be different; it was going to start differently as she actually had some mates to sit with instead of being alone. That is one thing Ariana hates: being alone.
Her face lit up when she spotted a couple of her mates. "Kat! Chase!" she exclaimed, rushing over to them with her belongings. When she approached the pair, she gave each one a tight hug, lifting her arms over their shoulders. "How have you been?" she squealed, very excited to see them as she hasn't for the past two months. She pretty much only spent her summer days playing with some of her neighbors. Luckily, the Cloud family lived down the street from her, and she ventured into Diagon Alley with them on several occasions.

wearing

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 am
Chase Henrick User Image
Hogwarts Student
~ Ravenclaw ::: Second Year ~

User Image

"Your brother?" he repeated, slightly in disbelief. Just because Kat spent some time in another person's house, she got punched? Unbelievable! If only Chase knew her brother, he would love to teach him a lesson. But Chase knew that the only thing he could do was talk, and he was sure that if Kat's brother can punch her, he wouldn't mind squashing Chase to a pulp. He clenched jaw and fist in frustration. Guess in the meantime, all he can do was stand at the sideline. He wondered what Sam would do. Probably something reckless. He sighed.

"My summer was pretty plain and uneventful compared to Hogwarts," he answered her. "Speaking of Ariana, here she comes," he said, pointing at the excited Ari. His summer had been books, eat, and sleep, like the usual. He left out the fact that he somehow felt like he didn't belong anywhere. He felt like he was the only one who noticed the sadness in the world camouflaged by the fake smiles. He stood alone in the dark, even though it was broad daylight.

Just as his mind was about to go in all sorts of different tangents, Ariana hugged him joyously. He chuckled, "Uneventful, but filled with knowledge," he answered.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:11 am
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Confused
What I am doing: Talking to Colton
What I want to be doing: Finding out what this pin does

Jayden walked in beside, his lugagge in tow. Leaving for Hogwarts was excited for him because it meant he got to spend another very many days with Tristain, and no interruptions. No having to sit through countless hours of Annabelle and Devin making googly eyes at each other. No having to deal with any problems that the summer had caused. Don't get him wrong, his summer was great and all, but he hardly got to see the one he truly wanted to see...and that was Tristain of course. All he thought about when he was alone this summer was those sparkling blue eyes, and her long blonde hair. And of course her sweet smiling face. He hated being away from the girl for too, too long, but that's what happened during the summer. Luckily, now he has something to remind him that she is always there, a that was the pin. It was a very nice, but he always wondered if it was there just to be there, or if there was a reason. Tristain herself was very skilled at charming objects, much like his brother Devin, but she always seemed to have a few tricks up her sleeves. He would just have to wait and see.

Jayden pulled his luggage up, when someone came up to him. Oh no, what is he doing? Jayden asked himself. A Colton Raines made his way up to him, Jayden just sort of looked at him blankly, no emotion written on his face at all.

"What's up Colt?" Jayden asked inquisitively.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:58 am
User Image
яεgrετяσι ηστнιηg ғεαяяσι ησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηяσι εvεяyτнιηg
User Image
"There you are!" Colton had finally spotted his target, and with only a few minutes to spare. Rushing to his side, he ignored the bland greeting from Jayden and rushed right into his point.

"Jayden, do you remember during quidditch tryouts when I asked to talk to you?" he began in a hurried voice, nervously glancing over the boy's shoulder towards the barrier that his sister would be leaping from at any moment. "Ya know, I told you I needed a bit of help, but never really got to the point? Well, I'd like to get to that point now..." Colton's deep voice tried desperately to warm the young Gryffindor up to his words, but after hearing them himself, he realized that nothing would be able to make this moment more believable.

"Okay look, Jayden. I have a little...problem." He hesitated on the last word, expecting Roi to pull his usual strings, and for his words to become harder to speak as he drew nearer to the subject of his possession. However, his freedom appeared still in tact, so he carried on cautiously, but still hurrying to make his point. "And you can't tell anybody that I told you about this problem, because...because he wouldn't like that very much..." Colt breathed heavily as he could feel Roi's force keeping him from using his name. Shaking his head, he pushed on, this time more quietly than before, glancing around in a light bout of paranoia. "You see, Jayden, I- I...I have something...inside of me..." he hinted, the look on his face giving away his fear. He hurried to continue before Jayden could interrupt. "Not something...someone. Someone who is...who has...control of me." The look in the boy's green eyes seemed to show a small level of understanding, but he could feel the demon within him tugging on his freedom, telling him that he had mentioned enough about his possession.

"Anyway...this someone, he has a job for me, but he says I'm gonna need an...an assistant. Just for the petty things, you know—little details that I won't be able to fill myself. Nothing drastic..." Colton could hear how crazy he was sounding, but he didn't know how else to explain it so calmly.

"He- I want you to be that assistant, Jayden. I want you to help me. Do- do you think you could do that for me?" He could see the wild glare in Jayden's eyes, and he saw that this was his chance. "It- it's okay if you need some time to think about it—I understand. Just let me know what you decide within the next couple of days okay." He hesitated for a moment as he searched for a reasonable apology. "I'm sorry if you don't understand anything I've said... I'm, I'm a bit restrained at the moment."

And with that, Colt offered a poor attempt at a smile, and leaned in for a friendly hug, slipping the note into the boy's pocket with a force that would not be ignored. He then pulled back, offered Jayden a nod and a wink of his crazed eyes, then hurried off towards the barrier where he would wait for his sister, not thinking twice about the fact that he had just used his one chance to save himself to save her instead.

╔═════════════════════╗

Ignore my request.
If you want to help me,
keep Tristain safe.

╚═════════════════════╝

User Image
нσω dσ yσu ғιgнτ α ωαя ғяσм вστн sιdεsωнεn σηℓy σηε cαη ωιη?
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 am

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana smiled at Chase's answer. How predictable, she thought, knowing her Ravenclaw friend liked to read as much as he could. Hogwarts was a place filled for opening up to people and making friends, and yet, she always found Chase in the library, either with a textbook or a novel. Maybe it was a place for friendship in Ariana's mind because of her Hufflepuff qualities. Chase Henrick was put in Ravenclaw for a reason, and Ariana in Hufflepuff for a reason. "And how was yours?" Ariana asked, facing Katrina Varren, who was also put in Hufflepuff. Did her thoughts on Hogwarts match Ariana's, or was Hogwarts a different place for Katrina? Perhaps it was just a home, not a friend-oriented area.
Ariana shifted her eyes away from Katrina for a moment as she saw a recognizable figure in the background. Jayden Cloud emerged from the brick wall, alone. Where's Selena? she wondered, expecting to see Jayden with his two siblings. Devin was the eldest brother, going into his forth year. However, Selena was about to start her first year, so why wasn't the eleven year old here? She'll get here, Ariana calmed herself. It wasn't that she was nervous about Selena not being able to make it to the Hogwarts Express on time, she was just excited to see the girl one last time before she possibly gets sorted into a different house than Hufflepuff, and the two girls won't see each other around the school.

wearing

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm
Aravis Rosentha
Seventh Year Gryffindor☆Head Girl
User Image

╔══════════════╗

Aravis was surprised to see so many kids at the platform already. It was still pretty early. Most of them were younger than her, but she was certain there were some her age hiding around somewhere. The Gryffindor saw an empty bench and decided to let it have some company. "Just one more year, she thought as she sat down.

╚══════════════╝

❝I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren't all that different.❞

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:04 pm
Jayden Michael Cloud

User Image

Mood: Confused, Protective
What I am doing: Contemplating Colton's Sanity
What I want to be doing: Protecting Tristain

"Colton, wa...." and before he knew it, Colton was running into the barrier leaving nothing behind, but the note that he had obviously thrust into his coat pocket. Jayden took the note out of his pocket, and took it to the far corner.

Ignore my request
If you want to help me,
keep Tristain safe

He read the three lines silently to himself about seven times before it sunk in. What Colton was telling him had to be the truth. That was inevitable. Colton never stutters, for that symbolizes fear of something, and here he was, doing that very action. He also would never put something in a note that was completely opposite to what he had just said. Colton was never indecisive. The boy was stubborn, much like Jayden himself. This fact made the boy think. This made the boy firmly believe that Colton was telling the truth.

Jayden, now shocked, could not keep this fact from Colton's very sister...the girl that Jayden has come to like, or even love so much. That love wasn't as a friend either, more like a girlfriend likeness, but he couldn't tell her that. This feeling though triggered a protective nature in Jayden's head. He has to protect her, but the only way he could protect her was to keep her away from her brother and let her know what is happening.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:48 pm
Selena "Fifi" Cloud

User Image

Mood: Excited
What am I doing:
What I want to be doing:

The second Cloud came running through the barrier about two minutes later. Little did she know that Jayden had not waited for her and went off somewhere. She wondered where he went. That's when she saw Ariana, who was with all of her friends. Selena didn't want to intrude; so she would wait for her turn to see Ariana. She knew that Ariana would come and see her eventually. Selena now waited for Devin, who was also on the other side and of course, Josh, who had been stared at the whole way by anyone who was a wizard. It was always fun to be in her brother's presence. Soon enough, Devin made his way through the brick wall.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:01 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

Devin Cloud

Fourth YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Devin had just finished telling Josh of his captainship for Hufflepuff when he ran into the station. Him and Josh had definitely gotten a lot closer over the summer, even though they already were pretty close. Josh just seemed overall better when Eponine was with him, which she was today. Devin loved Josh's girlfriend. There was just something about her that reminded Devin of Annabelle. Just the fun nature and the erratic behavior. They had their differences of course, but it seemed like everything reminded Devin of his new girlfriend. Everywhere he looked, he saw something that reminded him of his those beautiful golden strands of hair, and those gorgeous emerald eyes, and of course her beautiful skin. But, he guessed that she was always going to be on his mind anyways. Not that he argued with it. He loved having her on his mind. It was definitely great.

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:30 pm
The One and Only...

Joshua Cloud

User Image

Chaser Extraordinaire...England

Mood: Relieved
Desires: To go to Hogwarts again

Josh came through the brick wall, alongside his girlfrend Eponine, who was looking as raidiant as ever. He honestly liked her to the maximum and never wanted to leave her side. Nothing ever got old with the beautiful French maiden that stood beside him.

Josh now looked around, hoping to find Jayden, for Devin and Selena were right next to him. The world famous Quidditch Star could definitely tell he was getting stared at, due to his fame. It was honestly funny, how much these kids looked up to him. They really should be looking up to someone like Arnold, who is an Auror, or Krystal, who is a Hit Wizard, but no. Due to his fame, he was known by more and loved by more. It was his way of getting a message of hardwork to the young ones.

Josh finally spotted Jayden and called him over. When Jayden got over to him, there was a confused look on his face, but he would ask about that later. He then looked around, spotting Ariana in a crowd of seconds years. "Ariana, you too, get over here!" he called over to her, catching the eye of all the second years. He chuckled at the astonished faces of the second years. Once she got over there, Josh took all four of them into his arms.

"You guys be good alright! Have a nice year and remember to stay out of trouble. Don't be like how I was. Selena, I look forward to that owl sitting on my window telling me what house you are in. Jayden, go slay those goalies and show them what it means to be a Cloud. Ariana, last but not least, I look forward to Devin sending me things with your good progress. Remember, you are part of the family now. So don't be afraid to ask questions. Devin, stay here for a minute, I have to talk to you," he chuckled, finally releasing them out of his vicegrip. He then pulled Devin to the side, getting him away from Selena, Ariana, and Jayden, even Eponine. Now that they were on the side, Josh started talking.

"Devin, I just wanted to let you know that I am supremely proud of you. Keep doing what you are doing and you will be the best that's ever been. You are already better than I was at that age. Now go have fun year, and write me a few owls. Keep in touch. And last thing, try not to make Annabelle too mad. Love you little bro," he said, taking Devin in an embrace that last for a couple seconds. He was glad he got that off his chest. He had been planning this talk for awhile, before the school year even started actually. Now the two walked back to the group.

"Alright guys, go before you miss the train. I expect to have a letter from each and every one of you when I wake up two days from now. Good bye," he said, giving last high fives.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:58 pm
User Image

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
Eretria Whitethorne
Second Year - Slytherin
± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

Eretria waved back at her mother when she went through the barrier. Going back to hogwarts was exciting, and she was eager to get back to school, though it wasn't because of the friends she had made. Her father had been acting oddly lately, and she couldn't quite place why. He qould go about her business as usual, and nothing seemed to be wrong, but something in the back of her mind said that for whatever reason, he wasn't himself.

Shaking herself out of her musings, she spotted the train and quickly made her way to the cars to board. She didn't know if her friends would meet her on the train or not, though she was hoping they would. Perhaps they could offer a distraction from her thoughts.

----------------------------------
State: Worried
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Let's see what I can make of this...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:00 pm
MICHELLE CATLIN

Wearing

|||Unsorted|||Pureblood|||First Year|||

User Image User Image
Michelle and her cart came to a halt and the girl looked around the platform in amazement. It was beautiful. The train itself was magnificent. The smile slipped from her face as she noticed all the other students milling about either with friends or their families. She sighed and headed towards the train, determined to get a compartment that she and Ada could share once the other first year got there too. A man, kindly helped Michelle get her trunk and owl into the the racks above the compartment she had chosen. "Thank you." She called as he walked away. She wandered back onto the platform, to wait for Adalaide, flipping her bangs out of her face. As she looked at the witches and wizards, she wondered if any of them knew her father, or if any of them were the child Ada had told her about.
User Image
OOC:...

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana smiled as she watched a couple other members of the Cloud family rushed through the barrier. The first one was Selena. When the two girls made eye contact, Ariana waved to her, welcoming the first year to come and join Ariana and her friends. Next, Devin emerged from the brick wall. Not only did Ariana see him often during the summer, but he was also the captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. The last of the Cloud siblings appeared from the wall. That caught Ariana off guard as Josh was too old to attend Hogwarts. He was a famous Quidditch player, a chaser to be exact. What's he doing here? Ariana wondered. She was one of the only people not freaking out about being in his presence as she's met him on several occasions before. The star Quidditch player stood next to his girlfriend, Eponine. She and Ariana have met a couple times, but they weren't close at all.
Ariana heard Josh call her over as they made eye contact. "I'll be right back," she said quickly to Chase and Katrina as she made her way over to the Clouds. She left her belongings with Katrina and Chase, trusting them to make sure nothing happens to her stuff. Ariana was swooped into a group hug involving herself, Selena, Devin, Jayden, and Josh, of course. A large smile grew on her face as she let out a giggle. Listening to what he had to say to her, she nodded. "Bye, Josh!" Ariana exclaimed, letting go from the hug. She grabbed Selena by her wrist and dragged her over to the second years she was chatting with. "Hey, you guys. I want you to meet Selena. Selena, this is Chase Henrick and Katrina Va-," she said, cutting herself off from speaking Katrina's last name. Ariana remembered that her friend's father was an evil human, and perhaps, it would be best if no one found out they were related until after getting to know the Hufflepuff girl. Katrina wasn't like her family at all, not that Ariana has ever met them. However, from what Katrina told her, she doesn't belong in that family.

wearing

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games