[PRP] siren's call (rabbit & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:34 am
It was no real surprise that Rabbit didn't understand, even if it was a disappointment. Had they opened the cage or had they not? How could they unmake something that was already broken? People had heard air raid sirens in the past? For all the progress he'd made in knowing what was going on, he was as confused now as he had been his first week at Court. The box went back on the table. Any other questions he might have had were nowhere near as important to get honest answers to.

"Okay. Well. Thank you." Not only did he feel like an idiot, but Jeremiah's truth hadn't helped. "I'm sorry again for sort of accusing you. I just... Ezra said you guys knew they had to die and I know we all want to save the world, but... they are the world. For me." He wanted to go home. He had to do something to protect them, even if it was just reading them stories and preening their wings. He had to tell them too, though he had no idea how to even begin.

azuredreamz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:21 pm
"Father," Jeremiah said flatly then he sighed. "The knowledge I was given was that they were part of the sigil, that it needs to be dismantled, not that they need to die though that is the most straight forward solution for anyone who does not want to bother trying another way." Though he had the thought, in the back of his mind, that they might have before for all he knew.

If they had been at this for thousands of years someone probably had before. That was not a thought for now.

"It's fine, Rabbit, I understand. They're your children even if not by blood. Trust me, that I get." Jeremiah pinched the bridge of his nose. He wanted to say Ezra knew him better but- Ezra was also up to something, that much he knew. The kind of something that potentially couldn't be talked about. It was starting to get to the point that he was going to have to speak with Ezra sooner rather than later.

"If you need help potentially putting protections on the house, I can help with it," he offered. "As well as tell you what I know, though you'll have to ... ask specific questions as there is a lot."

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:53 pm
"I'd appreciate more protection," he said. "Whatever you can give." As of right now, the right person could literally pop in and get rid of Nev and Sy before he'd even known they had been there. Like Jeremiah under the influence of the geas. Like himself under that influence. It was hard not to feel hopeless.

Rabbit found himself staring blankly at the ground when he wasn't speaking, his racing thoughts using all of the brain power he might have borrowed for focusing on things. He supposed if he was going to ask questions, he'd start with a messy one.

"This is gonna piss you off again, but... One of the other people mentioned was Algernon. He's not... doing a lot of research for a book on kid killing or hanging out in a creepy basement somewhere, right?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:26 pm
"I'll pool some resources together and give you what I can. Help cast it as well." Jeremiah could understand the worry, the fear that someone would simply step in and do something. It was not that far of a stretch that someone could geas any of the nobility to act out.

His eyebrows raised at the statement before Rabbit continued on. Jeremiah sighed. "Who else did he say? I haven't even spoken to Algie about the truth of the sirens yet. There's been too much going on but, no, he's not been doing research on that sort of thing. If anything, we've been researching methods of magic that do not involve blood shedding." A gesture was made towards the table where some of their things were still out. "Algie was unable to hurt Adoelle, Rabbit, and she was ready to accept her fate. Children he cares about? No, he wouldn't harm them."

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:01 am
It was difficult. He knew objectively that Jeremiah was being truthful, that the Court was corrupt and that likely meant Father couldn't be trusted, but anger, fear, and loyalty kept him doubting. At least his judgment was impartial.

"America Jones, Preacher Maria? Shun, that cop guy." Rabbit hoped Jer knew which cop he meant. "And you and Alg. It's not important who, really. Anyone could find out at any time and then I'm screwed." He looked over the things on the table, trying to take in the characteristics of each without touching them. Whatever that feeling was he'd had earlier was not something he wanted to repeat at the moment.

"We'll just have to work on protection. I'm sure I can figure out how to teach them to defend themselves a little too."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:36 pm
"I can't say anything about America or Shun but Preacher is aware. She learned the story, I am the one who put it all together." Jeremiah shook his head. "I plan on discussing things with Shiloh but I know he wouldn't harm the children. If anything, he'll help find another way."

His shoulders rolled, following Rabbit's gaze to the table. It was mostly various styles of parchment, some enchanted and others not. There were other magical ingredients but they were not imbued or attuned at all with anything. Not like the little box that was essentially Jeremiah.

"I'll help with protections. Are you still having trouble with something in the house?" He paused then, before adding. "I can also help you teach them magic, if they've not learned. So that they can do things themselves."

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:01 pm
"I didn't think it was still a problem, but I'm going to do something about it, even if it's not." The sirens' room hadn't been wrecked since the time Jeremiah was already aware of, but whatever had done that still needed catching. "I've got a trap in mind, some kind of catch and release thing so I can see what it is before I decide what to do with it." He waved his hand absently. "That's not... I'll have that done by the end of the week."

"I don't know what kind of magic they can learn, but we can definitely try. I'd guess they can turn into real birds too, if someone teaches them. Their uncle was a bird the whole time I knew him. Mostly I want to get them flying. It'll be a good way to escape quickly in regular Ashdown, at least from the people who can't fly too. Or shoot projectiles." He sighed. It was a start.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:24 pm
Jeremiah nodded about the mysterious thing that was bothering the bedroom of Sev and Ny. If it was something serious it probably would have made it's move by now. "If it turns out to be anything that you need back up with handling ..." A sigh escaped. "You can either text me, call me, or simply need me to be around." His hand was held up, as if to request a pause so he could explain. "I can sense when someone needs me essentially. It's a bit strange but it's useful when someone is in danger."

Looking towards the walls, the never ending supply of books that were shelved, he walked towards it and ran a finger along the spines. "I think I saw a book that might be useful to you. I want to think that they might have a particular magical skills but they may simply use magic in the same way that we do. There was a beginner's guide, I believe, that I can give to you." Jeremiah looked over his shoulder, thankfully not wincing as he did so (as sometimes the muscles in his neck and back hurt as if they were perpetually under assault of coldfire).

"I think flying would be a great idea. Perhaps try talking with America? Her familiar is Mister Bitterberry and maybe having another bird, albeit not the same type, around would help." Especially since Mister Bitterberry could probably be asked to help instead of some other wild bird that would just flit and fly off.

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:15 pm
Rabbit took the book with much less unspoken vitriol than he had Jeremiah's earlier gift. There was even a certain fondness in his eyes, as if he hadn't considered there might be magic primers in this world, but of course there were and that was adorable.

"I'd never thought about teaching them actual magic. I figured since they were magic themselves they couldn't use it." He wondered now why he had come to that conclusion at all. Nothing he had seen suggested that kind of split at all. "Or maybe I thought that if they could they'd just start using it like I did and I'd step in and help." He raised the book slightly, then tucked it under an arm. "Thanks for this. I'll look into asking America for help too." Even if he didn't quite trust her.

Not five seconds after he had stowed the book away he grabbed it again and started paging through it. "I can't think of anything to ask. Everything's so... ******** class="quote">
azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:15 pm
"I'm sure they've likely got a kind of magic all their own- " Jeremiah paused and shook his head. "Their origins, that which they were descended from, was the blood of Renard. Though that is likely long diluted, it still makes me think their potential for magic is great."

He watched Rabbit go through the book, smiling a bit even if it looked sad. "Helping is what I try to do, in varying degrees of success." Then he shook his head. "There's so much that's gone on, I do not know what to even offer as information. Especially with what is coming."

Smerdle

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:54 pm
"Likely," Rabbit parroted, his voice a little thin. Out of all the things he'd known, this Renard business hadn't been one of them. He only really knew the man as the guy who bled all over everything. This news only strengthened that opinion. If Nev and Sy had his magic though, even a watered down version of it, they would certainly need to be trained.

"Yes. The charter is coming." He supposed he didn't have the time to truly protect the sirens until all of that was done. "I made a... hovercraft thing. I hope it's enough to keep the world from exploding."

Rabbit tucked the book away again. "I should... I want to stay with them as much as I can, so I should probably leave. Unless you wanted to talk about the future. Or Father." He doubted he could say much about the latter, all things considered.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:37 pm
"It's a bit odd but I don't think anyone expected that the birds fed the dirt of the original Ashdown and the blood of Renard Leroux would have evolved into the being they are." Jeremiah's lips twitched a bit. "When they made the cage, they hadn't accounted for a few things like that."

He nodded at the mention of the new charter and what Rabbit had made. "Alg and myself developed a method of consent that doesn't involve shedding blood. A censor was made as well, though hopefully they don't get the wrong idea about the fact it sounds as if there's bees within it ..."

His expression shifted a moment before he shook his head. "I can get you back and, if it's not a problem, talk with them a little bit? If only to see what books I can give them next." Was Jeremiah a doting uncle figure? Absolutely. "We can talk a bit more there and you're not far from them."

Smerdle
can do a fade away post with you? just cute visits and stuffses (after all the draaaaaaama)

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:03 pm
He almost said no, but keeping up a facade of false anger when all he felt was despair wasn't going to get them anywhere.

"Yeah. Let's just go." His face softened slightly as he took a slow breath. "They'll be happy to talk about books with you. Just don't mention the death thing yet."

He wanted to break that to them himself.

azuredreams
fin bo bin <3

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas