azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 pm
Jeremiah chuckled. "You'll be fine. I don't make things sweet unless it's part of the recipe." Like tarts and scones. It meant that Cass was being given a something like warm milk with a hint of some kind of tea and cinnamon. Whatever it was, some mixture of Jeremiah's own concoction (which he drank as well), it did not taste bad at all.

His eyebrow rose at her description. Hellbine's ears flicked at the mention of a cat, head lifting and a yawn escaping. Yes, he would not mind being the thing that saved the world or got all the pets. This was for certain.

"I would say that it is likely best to avoid that then, as who knows what would happen if you did something like that here or over on the other side. Certainly, it would do something. All that focus with enough will to back it up?" Jeremiah's lips twitched at the thought. "Seems like the kind of situation that would lead to a giant Stay Puff Marshmallow Man."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 pm
The drink made her think of rice pudding a little bit. In that warm, comfortable way that only certain foods really could make you feel. It was nice. She cupped it in both hands and sighed as she leaned onto the counter.

"It...it was definitely a thing I try to not relive. It's happened maybe once since I moved here, but I'm not entirely convinced that it wasn't actually real at this point. Dream-transport has a way of being entirely confusing." Jeremiah would know. It took a lot to convince Cass's way out of the dream, but once she'd established the other side as a real place, it was hard to not think perhaps it influenced her even when she wasn't awake and not there in any sense of the word.

"Hey, as long as I can still get the food out around Zuul, I think I'm OK to go. It's when I have to wonder if Zuul ate my leftovers that I'm going to have a problem with that."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:15 pm
"Considering I think that Zuul's dimension displaces the fridge momentarily, I believe your leftovers would be safe." Jeremiah finally sat down on the stool next to her, Hellbine plucked up and deposited into her lap when he did so. The small cat promptly curled back up to sleep.

"I do admit that I used to be rather worried about our influence on the other world." He paused. "Real world." Another pause. "Whatever, the point is that I don't worry about it as much. Usually it's the other way around."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:43 pm
"They better be or I'd Stay-Puft-Marshmallow-Punch him in the face myself so hard his descendants would feel it." While it seemed a bit dramatic, it was almost 50/50 on if that would be what she'd do in a real situation. Sometimes fists solved problems. In another universe she'd get in trouble for that a lot

As Hellbine settled into her lap, Cass idly scratched behind the feline's ears and under his chin. Good kitty. Soft kitty.

"I guess. I'm more meaning that sometimes I'm there and don't know I'm there, I guess is my worry. Then again, I don't think we've seen a giant tub of ice cream mixed with a toaster-mech rampaging about down town yet, so we may be alright."

And this was a sign she probably either needed to eat before she slept, or STOP eating before she slept.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
"I honestly believe you could," Jeremiah snorted. "Especially considering that, well. It used to be that there were cycles involved in all of this but, perhaps, not anymore. At least not in the way they were, so there may be no worry about some other you suffering the consequences of your actions down the line." Not that Jeremiah wasn't because, in all honesty, he was.

He looked thoughtful a moment, head tilting as he studied her. "The only thing we had was a giant eyeball monster that stole eyeballs and that was more of a freak occurrence than anything else. If the nobility is doing it's job, that sort of thing stays over in the real world and this world is secure." A drink was taken, Jeremiah clearly thinking about other things but pushing them away.

"Honestly, the quickest way to figure out if you're here or there in a dream? How much can you interact? You're not truly tangible when you're dreaming of the other side. You're essentially a poltergeist." His lips twitched. "When I was ... ill, I ended up not getting much rest because I was usually caught over there."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:02 pm
"I..will keep that in mind next time I'm having a half-awake fever dream." not that she expected to be on the other side having fever dreams. But now that she'd thought about it at least once, it was going to end up happening.

"Awwwww man, I missed the eyeball monster?" Cass pouted, but it was obviously a false disappointment - she would save her full up disappointment for better things like if she'd missed cool dragons or something along those lines. She'd been around for at least some important things. At least important for her. Like the Pho she was drinking the broth of between sips of the sweet tea-milk stuff. Well...less sweet, but still. It was warm and it was definitely going to be what made her conk out sooner or later.

"Got something on your mind?" being the slightly more awake party, it wasn't hard for Cass to not-miss the look on his face briefly.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:41 pm
"I am glad you missed the eyeball monster as I much prefer that you keep your eyeballs where they are. It took Shun's along with several other people's until it was stopped." Not that he was still quite clear on just how All-Seeing had been stopped, other than Chel had turned its power back on itself.

Jeremiah took another sip, blinking as she asked. "Ah, wool gathering. It is that hour, after all, and time is counting down until we destroy the old Charter and make a new one." Without thinking about it, he rubbed his fingers over the smooth skin of his left thumb.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:12 am
"I dunno. I think having my eyeballs out of my head would be useful if I could move them wherever I wanted and still see...." it was a strangely specific feeling and it almost felt like a reference joke. But there was no implication that Cass knew anything that actually did that.

Taking another sip of her drink, Cass nodded. "I guess there is a lot to think about. We can only hope things go well at this point?" How much was there that could go wrong? It wasn't like someone was going to try and purposely rig that up for disaster, were they? "I'll admit outside of our contribution, I haven't thought too much about it. I kind of feel like an outsider that was recruited to help after the fact."

Azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:52 pm
"Mm, this thing kept them or ... crystallized them. I found one of them on the scene but it disappeared. Fairly certain Hellbine decided to give it to someone." An ear flicked but otherwise the small white cat did not budge from his spot in Cass's lap.

It was a good spot.

Jeremiah rolled his eyes before sighing. "That's how it always goes, at least in the beginning. The way I understand it, that's kind of how the original Charter went. At least when they were creating it and gathering the consent of those who's magic powered it. Outsiders recruited to help change the way the magic is structured."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:31 pm
Hellbine's post was rewarded with the young woman rubbing BOTH cheeks with BOTH hands. It was likely a very special moment. There would be no Sad Cat Diary entries about the quality of her pets.

"So I'm grunt labor," Cass frowned a bit. "Good to know I'm at least somewhat good for something," she sighed. "Not for much, but something." Like being adorable sometimes. Maybe. She'd have to get a second opinion on that one. "I hope we're not repeating history with this, though." How were they to guess they'd make the best decisions for time to come? Certainly there were fixes to be made, but....

"I guess I'm just nervous because I've never done anything so... important before." Which was a lie. Her entire life as Cassandra was built on top of something very important.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:19 am
Hellbine's motor definitely started to rev, Jeremiah shaking his head about how loud it became. His hand, however, reached out to cover Cass's affectionately and squeeze. It was a reassuring touch.

"We're all grunt labor in this but we still will have to make decisions. Informed ones are best but it may not be as informed as I would like given how much time we have left." Another squeeze, the faint feeling of Jeremiah's affection able to be felt before it faded as he let go. At least Cass would know the truth of his caring about her without the worries about it.

"I doubt," another twitch of lips, "that you've not done something so important before but, yes, nervous is natural. Besides, while we are repeating history by making another Charter, we're undoing the horrendous thing that occurred with the first. We are trying to undo and fix what those in another life caused. What they thought was the right thing to do then, what might have even been the only solution, is no longer necessary nor right now." Part of it, in fact, would have never been right.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:50 am
"Well, I don't know very much so I'm going to make what may be a bad decision in most cases and follow your lead." she sighed, squeezing his hand back. At least she wasn't bothered by the constant physical interaction. She almost felt like a hypocrite sometimes with how easily she'd allow it from Jeremiah where it had taken some time to allow Algie contact ever again. But it had been a pointed effort for at least pulling a few bricks out of an internal wall.

"I hope so. If nothing else, I hope it makes a way that in the future it can...be fixed again if it needs to be." If we somehow mess up and it comes back to this. "Because what is needed for right now may not be sufficient in the future."

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:53 pm
"That definitely can be a bad decision in some cases," snorted Jeremiah, "as sometimes I don't always make the best ones myself but I do try. If anything, I've learned to be more cautious since I became Chief of Police and part of the noble court." It was a thing that most did not know about, especially given how Jeremiah could hold himself a certain way and keep a proper distance. With those he favored, those he was close with ...

He was closer and very tactile. It was a stark difference between the man presented to the world and the man that he was to close friends and family. More so that a year previous would not have even seen him with enough friends to consider being that way.

"We're off script," he agreed, "because this was never expected. Being in this world, moving away from the old one, even the Charter being destroyed and created anew. At this point, anything that will help us work towards seeing everyone free is a step towards a future where we'll see a new year."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:07 am
"Well, at least your bad decisions will be informed ones. I'm just waiting for the day someone asks me a specific question about something I have no idea about and I just have to fumble and hope for the best." Hopefully there would be a 'phone a friend' option on that particular question of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

She took another sip of her drink, then sighed.

"I definitely think a continued future would be nice. The present does seem to be trying to have a lot going for it, so I'd hate to lose all of that progress." Even if she was potentially allowed to move into the next attempt - but somehow she imagined not everybody wanted to try and reset their lives once a year, no matter how that turned out. At least, Cassandra wasn't too eager for that.

Lord knew her luck would be 'parents still psycho, not in jail, know where you live, find out about your 'inferior' boyfriend'. Hoo boy.

azuredreams

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:59 pm
Jeremiah snorted. "You are probably safe. Even in this, I barely have all the the information and what I have is ... limited. In the end, most are fumbling around and hoping for the best with the knowledge that we have." Phone a friend was usually an option. Usually.

Taking a sip of his own drink, he raked a hand through his hair, though bangs fell right back into his eyes (not so kept out at the moment because it was sleepy time hair). "I don't know exactly what will happen, I confess. It used to be that people began to disappear around the end of the year but since we ... ripped our other ashdown and tied it to this one ... What happens may be entirely different. The cycle may not even be the same."

demon_pachabel

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces