azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 pm
The moment that Rabbit walked into the room, Gloom in his shadow, the wayward shadow stopped it's screeching. It did, in fact, seem to want to zoom forward but instead Gloom just made a sharp noise. Something that was not quite a chitter but clearly telling the shadow to not move.

"How long has it been coming here?" Finally from out of Rabbit's shadow stepped a ... child? At least, it looked like a child with black as pitch hair; a shadowy child. The hands looked a little off, more like paws, and there was a tail that swished back and forth along with a pair of twitching ears. Glowing white-eyes glanced up at Rabbit, a small frown on his face as he looked back at the shadow.

His fingers wiggled at Nev and Sy.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:45 am
Neverain sighed with relief when the screeching stopped, watching the shadows communicate with obvious interest. When Gloom emerged as a humanoid creature like he and his sister, Nev almost clapped. He wiggled his fingers back with a minimum of feather rustling.

"A while," Rabbit replied. "Since earlier this year. I don't know how many times it's been here total, but it's only trashed the place a couple of them." He was intrigued and charmed by this version of Gloom and his relationship with their intruder, but he was also trying his hardest to be professional here. His mirth was carefully constrained to his eyes.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:21 pm
Gloom nodded, slipping forward with a wide grin at Nev and Sy before he was crouching near the cornered shadow being. When it tried to race forward, to come at him, he waggled a finger.

"Nuh uh," he said, "y'gotta explain y'self." There was another whine from the shadow, though this one was more chastised animal. "Y'know y'aren't supposed to be doing things like this."

There seemed, quite suddenly, to be a conversation between Gloom and the formless shadow.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:54 am
Though Nev was still delighted, Sy's face fell a little at the creature's whine, and while it looked like she wanted to step closer to Gloom, she held her ground.

"Don't punish him too much," she said, a bit of a plea in her voice.

"I'm sure Gloom's got it under control," Rabbit said, sliding over to the sirens. The thought that the shadowy creature might have a pet of his own still felt kind of weird, but more importantly it was a reminder that not everything in the otherworld was as cut and dried as he had thought.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:44 pm
"M'not gonna punish," Gloom finally said. "Least not ... badly but it's not supposed to even be on it's own, separate from the rest ..." He crouched down, tail swishing back and forth behind him and a hand held out towards the shadowy form. It darted forward, wrapping around his arm and swirling around it.

"The shadows are living things but they're little kids," there was a crooked grin at this, "and this one was trying to get y'two to play with it."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:05 pm
"Well, we would've," Neverain said, his delight dimming a bit as he realized the opportunity he'd lost. "But we just had to clean up after it. I'm sorry we didn't understand."

Rabbit refrained from saying that he had been the one who had done most of the cleaning, adding instead, "I guess it could come back, as long as it promises not to mess anything up. Or you guys could go visit it, maybe?" He looked to Gloom and the shadow that was barely visible around his arm.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:02 pm
"... visiting is probably better," Gloom replied, an ear flicking as he thought about it. "There's more magic and all here but it's still not enough for this little one to be on it's own and," a glance towards Neverain, "that's probably why y'didn't understand it.

"Back home, y'd hear the whispers at least but here? It's mostly noise unless y'already made a bond with 'em."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:31 pm
Nev nodded. Visiting they could do. Maybe. They had a lot of other things to worry about these days.

"Can anyone bond with a shadow?" Sy didn't really want to do so, not with the way the thing screamed, but she was curious about other sorts of pets. Birds, specifically. If Gloom was shadows with a shadow pet, maybe she could be a bird with a bird.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:47 pm
"Shadows. It's ... rare that one is out alone like this, m'not sure why it is ..." Gloom shook his head. "The Professor has bonded with shadows and ... there's another one ..." His hand went and pressed over his eye.

"A man with one eye. He hasn't bonded but he's got a bit of shadows about him. Not really bonded with them but they sometimes listen. That's the important part."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:07 pm
She nodded as if she were taking notes, and Rabbit quickly moved in with what he hoped was a distraction.

"It's okay though, right?" he asked. "Being here didn't mess it up?" He felt a little guilty for not taking care of things sooner, now that he knew what had been causing all of this. "Maybe it's just curious?" Rabbit still hadn't ruled out the possibility that it was spying for someone, but Algernon seemed unlikely and Shun... he was going to take care of that.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:22 pm
"It'll be fine," Gloom replied. "If anything, gotta figured out where it was coming from but it'll tell me later." A pause, as if he realized Rabbit was concerned.

"Sometimes they get fixated and keep at a thing until you stop them. Shadows are a bit like ..." he paused, as if looking for the word. "Gremlins! Mostly the cute ones but sometimes they can be like the naughty ones."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:41 pm
At first, Rabbit pictured some sort of green folklore-inspired othercreature, but when he finally realized that Gloom was talking about Gremlins gremlins, he smiled crookedly. Did he actually go to the movies? The thought of him sitting in a theater somewhere was just about the cutest thought Rabbit had had all day.

"I see. That's good then. I'm glad you came. Not that the shadows aren't welcome here... technically... I was just running out of places to get Ho-Oh posters." Though now that he thought about it, he supposed nothing was preventing him from making his own on the other side.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 pm
"Y'can get one at the, um, fourth wall? I think. That's a pokemon, right?" Gloom was learning all sorts of things (and most of those things were game related). Then he was quietly, even his tail slowly swishing from side to side in thought.

"... I can show ya a thing? If y'want, a kind of magic to help so y'don't have to keep spending y'clink to fix things."

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:40 am
"Yeah, it's..." He'd kind of been buying them out, or at least he felt like he had. Purchasing more than three of the same poster in the same year looked a little suspicious in Rabbit's opinion, no matter how accommodating the store owners. "It is."

He raised his eyebrows a bit, his smirk turning thoughtful as he nodded. "Mending magic of some kind?"

The sirens looked interested too. If Rabbit learned how to fix things it meant they could break more of them without getting in as much trouble.

azuredreams

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:55 pm
"Kinda?" Gloom's tail swished lazily back and forth, white eyes cutting towards the sirens and then to the shadow that was on his arm spiralling.

"D'ya have something that is messed up? Like one of those posters? Best to show y'and I don't want t'mess just anything up even if I can fix it back."

Smerdle
tl;dr - i have had a chronic headache for nearly a week, it's killed me, XD.

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff