Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelain Pinch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:30 pm
I'm interested in the crimson cherub
Your Username: Porcelain Pinch
Do you have any lined Pridelanders?: Myn rehomed one to me, but they aren't in the pride currently!
Will they stay in the Pridelands or head to the Stormborn: He wants to go to the stormborn, but with his lack of claws, I could see him staying in the pridelands given the plot development!

Name:Chandrakant (meaning: "beloved by the moon" in hindi )
Adult rank If staying in the PL he would probably be a messenger.
Personality:
Tough and rough around the edges are two phrases that explain Chandra's personality. He strives to be like his father, strong, nearly fearless in the face of danger, and tries protecting his siblings at all cost. He doesn't care what other's think about him and growls out whatever is on his mind--no matter how rude. If he's chastised and punished for it, he's likely to mutter and talk back, even as a cub. "What, it's the truth!" would be a common phrase out of his mouth to his parents. The cub is a bit dense and self centered and hence, he has a lot of growing to do. He does listen to his parents though. Chandra is bound to mumble when he is told to do something that he doesn't want to do by Parth or Magdalena, but with his head bowed, scowling at the ground, he'd obey...with tiny grumbles.

His family is his everything; they can do no wrong even if he does argue with them and has his own disagreements. Of course, he's not likely to tell that to their faces (talk about feelings?! ew) but if he ever hears someone who isn't family making any negative point about any of them, even if he agrees with the non family member in question, he will get loud, defensive to the point of not backing down and---he might throw in a bite or two. Or an attempt of a swipe--

Except, he doesn't have claws. Chandra was born without claws. Sometimes his paws do hurt if he's on his feet for too long and he has to lay down somewhere because of this (that is, if the prideful cub decides to admit that he's in pain). Still, that doesn't stop this feisty rascal from trying to fight anyone, even if they are bigger and stronger than him. Bring. It. On. Chandra is not one to back down. He often times forgets that he doesn't have claws which leaves him more often with a few marks from unsuccessful fights.

Chandra aspires to be a captain in the storm born. He knows about his abnormality, knows that it is going to be difficult, but he has so much pride and trust in his father's training that he believes that he can do anything. Parth makes his "impossible" dreams "possible" to him. He also loves his mother dearly and is always one to stand up for her if she seems particularly flighty.

His name sake was inspired by his knack of staying up at night. The cub is a bit of a night owl and loves gazing at the stars underneath the moonlight, no matter how tired he is.
Plots:
These plots aren't set in stone. Just a few ideas that are on my mind!

Training with his father and other lions. Learning to cope with his lack of claws and somehow growing prideful over this deficit.

I also really want him to have a childhood rivalry. Later on, he might try to travel back on one of his viking expeditions (that is, if he can and he doesn't become some sort of thrall or freeborn) to show off what he has become and what he has done.

Becoming a thrall--because of his lack of claws he's bound to lose many challenges. I could see his pride being shattered (which is great for development) if he got captured as a thrall by one of his challengers.

Makeshift claws--Chandra somehow getting a hold of makeshift claws, or making them himself. This would probably go horribly wrong and they're bound to fall off or cause more pain than good.

Home is family--if the parents think that he shouldn't go into the stormborn and should stay in the pridelands Chandra would very reluctantly accept, even if it destroys his pride and he longs to be with his kin. Having to adjust and go through the grief of changing his dreams, bonding with his grandmother, would also be interesting to play out. I could also see him training in the pridelands in the hopes of going to the Myrsky Syntynyt in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 pm
I'm interested in the little girl
Do you have any lined Pridelanders?: Myn rehomed a lined pridelander to me but they aren't currently in the pride!
Will they stay in the Pridelands or head to the Stormborn: Nope!

Name: Maya (meaning: Illusion in sanskirt)
Adult rank N/A
Personality:
Maya tries to be tough. She wants to be the best viking, just like her dad! The cub has a habit of growling, grumbling, and playing rough. She wants to badly impress her father. But this tough attitude, this bravado...is all an illusion. A complete lie.

Because at Maya's core, she's like her mother in that she is flighty and kind. She doesn't like strife, she doesn't want to hurt others, and more importantly, she doesn't want to get into any fights or skirmishes. Does she want to let on to her family that she doesn't want to fight though? No. And so she tries hiding that beneath a hard bravado. Usually her voice is light, girly. But she tries so hard to make it hard, gravely, and deep. Sometimes it slips through when she is cold or tired, but she tries to correct it each time it happens. Even if her parents point out that she's not being who she really is, she vehemently denies it.

Maya might talk tough, but she tries to choose her words carefully to where she doesn't have to fight. If the other lion is angry enough to fight she'd try to stand her ground...and dodge. Usually she winds up the loser in any skirmishes that she happens to get into because she doesn't want to hurt anyone. There's always a spell of hesitation with Maya. If there is a squabble between two other individuals, she will choose the side that looks more aggressive and who seems more likely to win in a fight. She has no shame in betraying any of her family members if it seems like they won't win...just slight regret after the fact.
Plots:
-Betraying a family member-- I could see Maya easily pitting the blame on one of her family members for something that she did, or siding with someone that clearly was against her family.

-You're bluffing aren't you?- Maya has a tendency to be all bark and no bite. If someone realizes that, whether in the pridelands or in the storm born and uses it against her...she would reluctantly do what they tell her to do. Especially if they are a good fighter.

---- If she is blackmailed in the pridelands I could see her staying, if only to appease and make sure that the pridelander that is blackmailing her doesn't leak that she's a big fake.

--A failed challenge-- Maya might become a thrall to another lion in the stormborn because she's all bark, no bite. She might try to run away from a challenge but ultimately...she's going to be caught.

Porcelain Pinch

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:54 pm
This will be closing whenever Faith gets back from dinner. So this is extended for about another hour or so. once we post closed on the thread no more entries past that post will be accepted. :3

Tick tock.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:56 pm
I'm interested in the girls twin brother
Your Username:
- Mynsed -

Do you have any lined Pridelanders?:
Yes, I do! You know him <3

Will they stay in the Pridelands or head to the Stormborn:
He will be heading to the Stormborn! Whether he joins as a thrall or a freeborn, we'll see.

Name:
Ajay (meaning: Hindi- Means "unconquered", from Sanskrit अ (a) meaning "not" and जय (jaya) meaning "victory, conquest". )

Adult rank
Freeborn or Thrall

Personality:
Scholarly, carefree, and joyful, he has a dream to become a stormborn like his father. He doesn't train, really; no, instead he'll ask questions and listen to stories, further spurring his fantasies for that almost romanticized life. Sure, he'll work up the gumption to try and train, but he easily falls out of routine or gets distracted by something else. He should have left as an adolescent, with his siblings. However... plans just keep being put off. There would be a girl he'd be interested in, or a lesson he needs to finish, or the season wasn't right. Something would always delay him leaving.

Finally, finally, as an adult with his mane fully in, he leaves the pridelands. Even getting to the Stormborn takes a bit longer than it should have; he may even sire a litter or two on the way! When he eventually arrives and tries to join... but he's quite the 'ninny' that his father hoped they wouldn't be! Still, he'll try hard and fail multiple times. The only things about him that would be fitting for the stormborn would be his stubbornness and determination. Eventually, one way or another, he'll end up joining!

Plots:
He won't be leaving the pridelands until he becomes an adult. He... will be interesting. He's more scholarly and not very tough at all but is determined to join the vikings and become strong. However, either A. He fails multiple times or B. becomes a thrall.

He will be arriving to the SB as a scrawny adult, super unused to a tough life. However, with training and such, he will bulk up and will probably gain a loooot of scars.

Some possible ideas:
-What is his twin sister up to? Would he be trying to convince her to join him? Or be saying farewell one way or another?

-Will he be a thrall? Or somehow make it as a freeborn? Also, I'm playing with the idea of him being in a sort of... secret romance with a male, if plots lead me that way. Not sure yet. Maybe a male who has a salt wife and he's their thrall? IDK, HE'S STILL A CUB, PLOTS WILL NEED TO BE DEVELOPED FIRST and gotta figure out family thoughts and such. But the possibility is definitely there.

-How's his father gonna feel about his son being a weakling? Will he turn him away? Or is it gonna be "cue the Make a Man Out Of You music"?

- Mynsed -

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Your Username: Rennekae
Do you have any lined Pridelanders?: No
Will they stay in the Pridelands or head to the Stormborn: Head to the Stormborn.

Name: Kjaran (meaning: none that I know of, it's a character name from a book)
Adult rank n/a - he'll be going to the Stormborn
Personality: Playful, teasing, laughter in his eyes. Bounce in his step like an energetic puppy. Formidable in combat but with no need to wave it around. Push him too far and he'll show you. Threaten his loved ones and all trace of that cublike good humor is gone. Very smart and prefers not to engage in petty matters. Doting and attentive with loved ones. Aloof with strangers but not unkind.
Plots: Was toying with the thought of him being a Lawspeaker, but I feel like his goofiness would be an ill fit. May do it anyway. Captain if not.
He'll definitely need a mate, and be happy to let her be in charge.
He's got a pretty plain pelt, which lends itself nicely to everything. Might sow some wild oats before he gets hitched.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:11 pm
Any Entries Past this point will not be counted. Good luck to those who've entered!  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:06 pm
AND DRUMROLL PEOPLE!

Thank you all for the entries, while we wish we could choose more entries we had to pick the three that we liked the best and it wasn't that easy to do. Thanks again all!

The winner of the twin boy goes tooooooooo: Marzipanz! Vivek sounds like such an interesting character and we really look forward to seeing what sort of "twin" plots happen between you and ruler.

Marzipanz
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Your Username: Marzipanz
Do you have any lined Pridelanders?: Nope, no lions here.
Will they stay in the Pridelands or head to the Stormborn: Throughout his entire life Vivek has been dead set on traveling back to his papa's pride when his parents decided it was the right time. However, when that time comes he will be reluctant to leave behind everything familiar. During this time I would really like for him to reach out to a family member and talk through these feelings of uncertainty. I would like to play him organically, and really discover who he's going to grow up to be through roleplaying opportunities.

Name: Vivek (wisdom, distinction, discrimination)

Adult Rank In case he decides to stay in the Pridelands I could very much see him taking on the role of a Scout temporarily. He truly aspires to be a soldier in hopes of it one day making his father proud of him. He might make his way to Myrsky Syntynyt Lands, and in that instance he would most likely strive to be a Reaver like his old man, but like his hesitance in the Pridelands he might settle for being a Freeborn Bard. It depends on how his challenge into the pride goes down.
Personality:
+ Exuberant, Persistent, Affable
- Impulsive, Arrogant, Overcritical

When somebody meets this young cub for the first time they will initially see a very enthusiastic, and eager to impress child. However, if he isn't the center of attention he will begin to grab at the spotlight by any means necessary. Vivek doesn't seem to consider consequences when he's pushed into this desperate state of mind. As grows I would like for him to find some sort of restraint in his people-pleasing ways, and instead become overcritical of his actions. Whenever he manages to do the right thing, make the correct choice, or charm the pants off of anyone he will become a tad bit cocky in his momentary victory. The older he becomes along with the types of plots I'd like to place him in I can see him being more aware of his own flaws. The person he hopes to impress the most is his father, and his persistence will mostly be revolving around his desire to belong and possess a purpose in a pride. His failures as he tries to climb the ladder will humble him somewhat, and eventually that arrogant cocky little cub will gain wisdom and leave behind that feeling of being discriminated against. He will only feel this isolation if his path is lead back to Stormborn.

Plots: Plots are always flexible and might be subject to change if a roleplay pushes him in another direction. That said these are ideas I would like to explore with this boy.

• Twin Relationship - I'm hoping that whoever wins the female version of this boy would be open to plotting a very close relationship with my boy. I'd love if he could be excessively clingy with his look-alike. Eventually, I'd like for him to be overly protective of his sister and might even stick his neck out for her if there is ever a situation in which she becomes threatened or accused of something. Also, I think it might be interesting if this protectiveness grew from a moment in their childhood where he framed his sister for something he did and she took the blame. Since there he tries making up for his wrong doing.

• Climb the Ladder - Whichever pride that he decides to join I would like for him to feel lowly at first but hold a desire to grow and become somebody his family could be proud of and depend upon. I would like for him to meet many failures at first but with a little encouragement from those he's close with. I would like for him to be persistent. Perhaps obnoxiously so, and eventually those efforts could either become obsessive and a cause of concern to those who care for him, or they could carry him to the top where he grows a bit arrogant due to his title.

• Papa, Help Me! - Although it might take some time for him to admit his struggles, Vivek would reach out to his father and ask for some advice and pointers on how to become a better soldier or reaver when the time comes. He will have a difficult time in asking for help but if his father agrees and the training helps him improve he will surely have a feeling of adoration and appreciation for his father.

The winner of the girl will be: Ruler of Everything! Welcome to the family with Anisha. We look forward to seeing how she develops after being away from her parents and siblings for a while.

Ruler of Everything
I'm interested in the little girl

Your Username: Ruler of Everything
Do you have any lined Pridelanders?: Yes
Will they stay in the Pridelands or head to the Stormborn: She will stay in the Pridelands but will, eventually, head to the Stormborn.

Name: Anisha (meaning: 'sleepless' - Sanskrit)
Personality: Anisha is a worrywart. She's constantly concerned about everything - the weather, her siblings, you name it (sometimes losing sleep over her distress). When she's not furrowing her brow, she's a rather pleasant and kind little cub. She enjoys play fighting with her siblings and practice hunting just like everyone else. She's aggressively polite, as she's always anxious about leaving a good impression on all those she meets. Once she sets her mind to something, Anisha is very determined and driven, often losing herself in whatever it is she does.
Plots: Anisha will have a lot of trouble deciding what to do once she is offered the opportunity to either stay in the Pridelands or leave for the Stormborn. After much trouble, she will choose to remain with Zimran. Worried about having made the wrong decision, she will be very uneasy during her time in the PL. Eventually, she'll set her sights on leaving and finding the Stormborn to reunite with her parents (and sibling(s)?). Once she joins the Stormborn, she'll catch the fighting bug and attempt to work her way up to Shield Maiden.

And the little red boy will go home with: Porcelain Pinch! Chandrakant and his lack of claws was very intriguing and we really look forward to seeing how he deals with this and how it shapes him.

Porcelain Pinch
I'm interested in the crimson cherub
Do you have any lined Pridelanders?: Myn rehomed one to me, but they aren't in the pride currently!
Will they stay in the Pridelands or head to the Stormborn: He wants to go to the stormborn, but with his lack of claws, I could see him staying in the pridelands given the plot development!

Name:Chandrakant (meaning: "beloved by the moon" in hindi )
Adult rank If staying in the PL he would probably be a messenger.
Personality:
Tough and rough around the edges are two phrases that explain Chandra's personality. He strives to be like his father, strong, nearly fearless in the face of danger, and tries protecting his siblings at all cost. He doesn't care what other's think about him and growls out whatever is on his mind--no matter how rude. If he's chastised and punished for it, he's likely to mutter and talk back, even as a cub. "What, it's the truth!" would be a common phrase out of his mouth to his parents. The cub is a bit dense and self centered and hence, he has a lot of growing to do. He does listen to his parents though. Chandra is bound to mumble when he is told to do something that he doesn't want to do by Parth or Magdalena, but with his head bowed, scowling at the ground, he'd obey...with tiny grumbles.

His family is his everything; they can do no wrong even if he does argue with them and has his own disagreements. Of course, he's not likely to tell that to their faces (talk about feelings?! ew) but if he ever hears someone who isn't family making any negative point about any of them, even if he agrees with the non family member in question, he will get loud, defensive to the point of not backing down and---he might throw in a bite or two. Or an attempt of a swipe--

Except, he doesn't have claws. Chandra was born without claws. Sometimes his paws do hurt if he's on his feet for too long and he has to lay down somewhere because of this (that is, if the prideful cub decides to admit that he's in pain). Still, that doesn't stop this feisty rascal from trying to fight anyone, even if they are bigger and stronger than him. Bring. It. On. Chandra is not one to back down. He often times forgets that he doesn't have claws which leaves him more often with a few marks from unsuccessful fights.

Chandra aspires to be a captain in the storm born. He knows about his abnormality, knows that it is going to be difficult, but he has so much pride and trust in his father's training that he believes that he can do anything. Parth makes his "impossible" dreams "possible" to him. He also loves his mother dearly and is always one to stand up for her if she seems particularly flighty.

His name sake was inspired by his knack of staying up at night. The cub is a bit of a night owl and loves gazing at the stars underneath the moonlight, no matter how tired he is.
Plots:
These plots aren't set in stone. Just a few ideas that are on my mind!

Training with his father and other lions. Learning to cope with his lack of claws and somehow growing prideful over this deficit.

I also really want him to have a childhood rivalry. Later on, he might try to travel back on one of his viking expeditions (that is, if he can and he doesn't become some sort of thrall or freeborn) to show off what he has become and what he has done.

Becoming a thrall--because of his lack of claws he's bound to lose many challenges. I could see his pride being shattered (which is great for development) if he got captured as a thrall by one of his challengers.

Makeshift claws--Chandra somehow getting a hold of makeshift claws, or making them himself. This would probably go horribly wrong and they're bound to fall off or cause more pain than good.

Home is family--if the parents think that he shouldn't go into the stormborn and should stay in the pridelands Chandra would very reluctantly accept, even if it destroys his pride and he longs to be with his kin. Having to adjust and go through the grief of changing his dreams, bonding with his grandmother, would also be interesting to play out. I could also see him training in the pridelands in the hopes of going to the Myrsky Syntynyt in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:17 pm
Congratulations everyone!  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff