Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:09 pm
Lioness' Name: Uphaphe
Lioness' Personality: Uphaphe takes things in stride. When you are the age she is, you kind of have to. So while her loss of respect by most of the pride bothers her, she puts on a brave face because that's just life. Things happen. She's certainly seen plenty of it to know by now that being negative about it doesn't help your situation. She works hard to look on the brighter side of things and not reflect all the time on the changed attitude of her home towards her. She can have a soft outlook on everything, brought on by her age. In her youth, she was much more scrappy. Less willing to accept that some things are just the way they are. Nowadays, that kind of thinking is more exhausting.
Sample Writing: Her limp felt worse today, maybe brought on by the heat of the day. Uphaphe would have liked to have followed the other lionesses on their hunting trip today, but she supposed she'd have to settle with watching their cubs. Not the kind of job she would have liked to do, but there it was. What else was she to do when the pain was too much for running? At least there were less cubs lately for her to watch. Which was both a blessing for her and a worry for the pride as a whole. For, naturally, new cubs were important to their survival. Maybe she was getting too old for worry. Was that possible? Did you reach a certain age and suddenly anything awful that happened was just something that happened? Not worth the energy? She liked to think so. Otherwise, she was becoming more selfish and that was less of a desired outcome. She'd always prided herself on her kindness.

Settling herself down on the ground, the pale lioness spread her gaze across the small trope of cubs near her. It stopped halfway through and her eyes narrowed.

"How many times have I told you two not to bully your brother!" she yelled out, putting a growl into her voice to hopefully get the point across for once, but not expecting it to. These cubs never did listen. Oh, hunting would have been much more preferable to this.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:10 pm
I'm applying for Siphiwe!
Personality: Thoughtful and kind, Siphiwe enjoys meeting new people and seeing the world ahead of his pride. That said, while he does love his life as an Enda, he secretly wishes that he could have been a more integrated lion in the pride. Not one to complain about spilled milk though, he’s equally grateful to fall into a rank that allows him freedom while still being amongst his kin. As they travel, he’ll have Ndleleni catalog stories and people as they travel, as Siphiwe’s memory is not always the best and two heads are better than one.
I have 0 Enda.

—-

Lioness' Name: Uphaphe
Lioness' Personality: Motherly and wise, Uphaphe walks with the gait of someone who knows where she stands in the world, despite her limp. She holds pride in herself and while she accepts her life being used as a lesson for others, she also has zero regret in her choices. In her eyes, what’s done is done, and she has grown from the experience, making her a better person in the long run. With her old age, she moves through life at a slower pace now, content to instead observe, caution and comfort others within her pride. She understands her daughter’s insistence at wandering, though she would prefer she stay closer to her, and while she does not actively stop her, she does often hint at wishing she stay closer to home than she has been. It has led to a terse ness between them that has been left relatively unspoken. Uphaphe fears that she will one day pass without her daughter there beside her side, though she has never admitted this to Ubukhosi.
Sample Writing: Uphaphe sighed as she watched her willful daughter slink away once more, clearly going on another of her ventures. Though she wished her well, the old lioness was also finding herself ill at ease at how far she was going. Their pride mates’ patience was beginning to wear thin as well, and knowing first hand how quickly and harshly rumors spread, she worried for her daughter and her place in the pride. Ubukhosi was a good girl and did not deserve that treatment. Her mother’s word were falling on deaf ears though, and once more Uphaphe was resigned to play damage control with the Abaholi. She hoped that Ubukhosi would one day lose interest, before Uphaphe was forced to put her foot down.  

MangoMeow

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:32 pm
Closed for entries. I'm currently ill and will roll when able.  
Quaji generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:18 am
Roll for Busisiwe.

1. Seaki
2. Keantha
3. Hoshi Lockhart - Winner!
4. Jovi of Shadows
5. AstoriaFallen
6. CandleWickGhost

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Quaji generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:27 am
Roll for Nandi.

1. Hoshi Lockhart - Won Busisiwe
2. StarshineAngel01 - Winner!
3. CandleWickGhost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:42 am
Winners!

Uphaphe - MangoMeow
Nonhlanhla - AstoriaFallen
Busisiwe - Hoshi Lockhart
Nandi - StarshineAngel01
Siphiwe & Ndleleni - Jovi of Shadows
Referral - AstoriaFallen

Thank you all for entering biggrin If any of you do not have a Bonelander and did not win anything from this, please reach out to me and I'll see what I can do.

All of the uncerts can be found in the spoilers below, along with the colorists. For the ones Ecavi colored, I do not have their cub/adol uncerts handy, but I'm sure with a little digging you could find them in their drop-off thread. For ones I colored, please use the Misc certing thread for the time being.

Please remember to post them in the Character Updates thread in the pride subforum so they can be added to the Member List. We also have a pride Discord channel where you can have easy access to asking questions, pride updates and little previews for things like this.

MangoMeow
Colored by Quaji
User Image

AstoriaFallen
Colored by Quaji
User Image

Hoshi Lockhart
Colored by Ecavi
User Image

StarshineAngel01
Colored by Ecavi
User Image

Jovi of Shadows
Both colored by Quaji
User Image
User Image

AstoraiFallen
Due to you also winning Nonhlanhla, this prize must be given away to another user. They must not have received something from this specific giveaway, but there are no other restrictions.

Colored by Quaji

User Image

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:12 am
Thank you for the contest, Quaji!  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items