Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:19 pm
Haru Yates

Easier said than done if you'r grappled and panicking. (I can't see my shadows as being all that useful here unless they can cause madness and make it trash about, which could do more damage to me while I'm grappled... I suppose that shadow darts or whatever we call them might hurt it, but can I hold my breath long enough to get free? cat_confused )

Hit it hard enough and it would let go(that is how I would play it) then kill it after ypu get free
Haru Yates

How? Water has no bones or nerves?

When it reforms, because the spell turns you from puddle to person being ice would
A. Kill you
B. Stun you, at witch point you could be broken up and...
C. You reform not as yourself/deformed
]
Haru Yates

I was on the fence over whether or not he should be 15 or 16, but ended up settling on 16. (I imagined him as being a lot more angsty at age 15 and a lot more short tempered. Making him 16 gives him an opportunity to be more mature and level-headed, which is something I really did want him to be. Although he still has a bit of a short fuse when he's in a bad mood, especially when it comes to his mother. [He often doesn't respond to insults made about him because he's used to that and doesn't care much (although even that has a limit), but the moment you insult Yulia, something usually snaps.])

He can drink then

Haru Yates
The wagon this is more for transporting people instead of having to walk. (Horse-drawn wagon might be useful for travelling to certain places. We don't need to use one, but it's nice to have the option in case we ever get enough gold to splurge on a luxury ride, lol.)

A horse would do the same a wagon wouldn't be needed(maybe have a different thing instead of horses, lizards?)
"Ride ze shoopuf?"
[e]

?
[]
Haru Yates
Way more extreme as in the pictures are more extreme than the spell, or the spell is more extreme than the pictures?
And which spell is which effect?

The first would be shade and even that is a stretch, the other you can do basically anything, even have a floating Shadow

A stretch how? too much movement?[qe]

To big as well

[Another spell idea would be something similar in that a fire mage could create images/objects out of smoke to tell stories and send smoke signals. Is that covered under the "Flame" spell.]

So could you, say, create/conjure a shadow-doppelganger of sorts with conjure shadow? (Like an anti-Sora [kingdom Hearts1] in a sense? Or could that be a different spell?)
Or what can I do with Conjure shadow? (like, what can a floating shadow do?)
Fire one qould work(would probably add another effect(maybe related to cooking)

The clone would be way to strong if it could cast spells, if it only did physical or only had 1 generic shadow attack it could work but at that point it is just a minion and that is something I wanna keep in earth for the most part  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:46 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

How? Water has no bones or nerves?

When it reforms, because the spell turns you from puddle to person being ice would
A. Kill you
B. Stun you, at witch point you could be broken up and...
C. You reform not as yourself/deformed

Ice? Who said anything about ice? I'm talkin' about slime~

Xa44
Haru Yates
The wagon this is more for transporting people instead of having to walk. (Horse-drawn wagon might be useful for travelling to certain places. We don't need to use one, but it's nice to have the option in case we ever get enough gold to splurge on a luxury ride, lol.)

A horse would do the same a wagon wouldn't be needed(maybe have a different thing instead of horses, lizards?)
"Ride ze shoopuf?"

?

It's a FFX thing.
Xa44
Haru Yates
Way more extreme as in the pictures are more extreme than the spell, or the spell is more extreme than the pictures?
And which spell is which effect?

The first would be shade and even that is a stretch, the other you can do basically anything, even have a floating Shadow
Haru Yates
A stretch how? too much movement?

To big as well

??? You can't extend your shadow anymore?

Xa44
Haru Yates
So could you, say, create/conjure a shadow-doppelganger of sorts with conjure shadow? (Like an anti-Sora [kingdom Hearts1] in a sense? Or could that be a different spell?)
Or what can I do with Conjure shadow? (like, what can a floating shadow do?)

Fire one qould work(would probably add another effect(maybe related to cooking)

The clone would be way to strong if it could cast spells, if it only did physical or only had 1 generic shadow attack it could work but at that point it is just a minion and that is something I wanna keep in earth for the most part

It would likely be a minion. It would be incapable of speech and it can't use magic.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:03 pm
Haru Yates

ice is the most extreme example of this but still

Haru Yates

not like in the 2nt photo, but yes you can extend it but not to double the size  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:09 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

ice is the most extreme example of this but still

emotion_eyebrow ...Ok, If it was a slime getting frozen then I'd see where you were coming from, but we were talking about a water spell called "Flatten", no?

Haru Yates

not like in the 2nt photo, but yes you can extend it but not to double the size
What, what? You weren't talking about the first photo?
(The second photo is definitely too extreme, but I couldn't find a better picture to explain what effect i meant without posting Nightcrawler's teleporting.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Because the spell in question does not teleport.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:24 pm
Haru Yates

emotion_eyebrow ...Ok, If it was a slime getting frozen then I'd see where you were coming from, but we were talking about a water spell called "Flatten", no?

yes but it translates over, unless you are asking about a slime useing it(witch is a thing)

Haru Yates

(The second photo is definitely too extreme, but I couldn't find a better picture to explain what effect i meant without posting Nightcrawler's teleporting.

shade can't
-create new shadows
-expand them to 2+ times the size
-make self sustaining shadows  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:03 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

yes but it translates over, unless you are asking about a slime useing it(witch is a thing)

No, I was talking about a person casting it to move from A to B. You said that it wouldn't work because the dirt would absorb the water that the caster becomes, but I said that if they turned into water with a thicker consistence like slime (mucus?) then the dirt wouldn't be able to absorb it so easily.
Xa44
Haru Yates

shade can't
-create new shadows
-expand them to 2+ times the size
-make self sustaining shadows

Ok, so is there anything that can? Because it's kinda sad that I can't extend/enlarge my own shadow enough to make me look more menacing.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:20 pm
]
Haru Yates

:

I prefer the spell to just be a teleport, idk what your talking about because yeah the spell lets you move

And for shade, not really, it is free to learn anyway so its power level isn't a concern for me because really you should be useing other spells that do cool things these spells are well I need to do this basic task or I have nothing to do this turn so might as well  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:44 pm
Xa44
]
Haru Yates

:

I prefer the spell to just be a teleport, idk what your talking about because yeah the spell lets you move

And for shade, not really, it is free to learn anyway so its power level isn't a concern for me because really you should be useing other spells that do cool things these spells are well I need to do this basic task or I have nothing to do this turn so might as well

For the water/teleport thing, I was saying that if it's strictly teleport, if feels more like arcane unless water is involved, so I was trying to figure out if it worked something like this:

Go into a puddle,
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.(Source: https://aminoapps.com/c/anime/page/blog/check-my-new-teleport-jutsu/D7tP_uxPKlv8gJxKrY2p7oJJQ0Jm7rS2)
and you emerge from a completely different puddle within range.

Is there an upgraded version of Shade's shadow manipulation ability? Or can Conjure Shadow also be used to make the shadows stretch/grow to cover more than their initial surface area?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:01 pm
I ordered a drawing tablet for my PC, so maybe I can kinda start drawing what I mean when it arrives. (That way, I wouldn't have to search for GIFs to try to explain what I'm trying to say.)
And maybe I'll be able to draw a decent picture of Terran for you too.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:09 pm
Haru Yates

Well yeah I get what you mean by saying arcane but it doesn't really fit into a lot of what arcane does(because battlefield manipulation is water/wind), and if it required a puddle to be there it would nerf the spell and kinda would play like an ice spell(because ice is all about putting down ice/snow to cast stronger spells  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:22 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Well yeah I get what you mean by saying arcane but it doesn't really fit into a lot of what arcane does(because battlefield manipulation is water/wind), and if it required a puddle to be there it would nerf the spell and kinda would play like an ice spell(because ice is all about putting down ice/snow to cast stronger spells

If you can make water, then it's not really nerfed. It would practically turn a rainy field into a water mage's personal domain. (It would be like using water like a portal. In addition to teleporting yourself, you could make it so that you can also force other people to move by teleporting them when they step into one of the puddles. Or would that suddenly make it OP?)
I'm ignoring ice/snow/frost magic for the sake of focusing on the water spell. Ice could be used to counter/block the water spell, kinda like how a light spell can dispel darkness.

Speaking of "dispel", do you have an anti-magic spell?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:38 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

If you can make water, then it's not really nerfed. It would practically turn a rainy field into a water mage's personal domain. (It would be like using water like a portal. In addition to teleporting yourself, you could make it so that you can also force other people to move by teleporting them when they step into one of the puddles. Or would that suddenly make it OP?)
I'm ignoring ice/snow/frost magic for the sake of focusing on the water spell. Ice could be used to counter/block the water spell, kinda like how a light spell can dispel darkness.

Speaking of "dispel", do you have an anti-magic spell?

You would still need to spend a turn setting up the warp, and it would also show where you would be moving to(plus weather is kinda hard to add(I probably will though))

As for counter spells yes and no
No, there will never be a spell that just is a spell to negative all other spells
Yes, a lot of dark spells are based around negation of various things
Dark is basically a control deck  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:13 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

You would still need to spend a turn setting up the warp, and it would also show where you would be moving to(plus weather is kinda hard to add(I probably will though))

You could just create multiple puddles. Or better yet, make it rain. Make it pour. Then you'll have multiple natural puddles to use and your opponent won't expect it unless they are familiar with water magic. (And even then, they wouldn't be able to predict where you'd appear.)
*Unless that's what you meant by "weather is hard to add".

Remember when I said simple is not entirely weak? "Weak" spells come in handy. (Like a spell to instantly clean things may seem useless, but I guarantee you that it has it's benefits.) People talk about stuff being nerfed, but it's usually done intentionally to balance out gameplay.

Also, we'll be in a party, not solo, so you don't have to worry about us needing to be able to do anything and everything alone. (That's why I argued about clerics being the ones responsible for healing the party. I want to be able to rely on my allies to help me achieve what I can't on my own, so some co-op things would also be cool.) Not sure where I'm going with that thought...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:31 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

You could just create multiple puddles. Or better yet, make it rain. Make it pour. Then you'll have multiple natural puddles to use and your opponent won't expect it unless they are familiar with water magic. (And even then, they wouldn't be able to predict where you'd appear.)

Remember when I said simple is not entirely weak? "Weak" spells come in handy. (Like a spell to instantly clean things may seem useless, but I guarantee you that it has it's benefits.) People talk about stuff being nerfed, but it's usually done intentionally to balance out gameplay.

Also, we'll be in a party, not solo, so you don't have to worry about us needing to be able to do anything and everything alone. (That's why I argued about clerics being the ones responsible for healing the party. I want to be able to rely on my allies to help me achieve what I can't on my own, so some co-op things would also be cool.) Not sure where I'm going with that thought...

I was talking about a situation like, ok we need to sneek into the building and do a thing, also again something like that would be more of an ice spell because having ice/snow on the ground is(ok kinda a lot to explain and I don't know jow to rap that point up but basically, it is too many things to keep track of because if there is a fight with a ice mage, a fire mage, and a water mage, I would need to keep track of where the ice puts down ice&snow, then need to keep track of where fire spells are used, then keep track of those spots so the water mage can jump and then cycle it back around so the ice mage could freeze the water then making me need to check again where the water mage can jump to)

And the spell still mostly works the same as is  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:55 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

I was talking about a situation like, ok we need to sneak into the building and do a thing, also again something like that would be more of an ice spell because having ice/snow on the ground is (ok kinda a lot to explain and I don't know how to rap that point up but basically, it is too many things to keep track of because if there is a fight with a ice mage, a fire mage, and a water mage, I would need to keep track of where the ice puts down ice&snow, then need to keep track of where fire spells are used, then keep track of those spots so the water mage can jump and then cycle it back around so the ice mage could freeze the water then making me need to check again where the water mage can jump to)

And the spell still mostly works the same as is

Usually, that's why a tabletop RP will often try to work in a concrete way to measure distance. In D&D, distance is measured in feet and a character has a speed measured in feet as well. In general, if you are using a grid then each square represents a 5'x5' space. So if you can move 25', then you can move up to 5 squares on your turn (unless you dash). And you move through difficult terrain at half your speed because it's, well, difficult.

The grid-based maps with markers or tokens (or whatever you want to call the things you put on the paper to represent characters, effects, difficult terrain, and whatever else you might need to keep track of) may be a good option if you find it easier to have a visual to go off of to see who is where in relation to what. The rest all boils down to good old pencil and paper.
Not sure if this information is helpful, or if I'm just telling you stuff you already know, but it might be worth setting up measurements for distances other than far away, nearby, etc. (touch is fine. It's a no-brainer distance-wise.) Might help to figure out actual distance. Might work better with a grid that way.  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games