Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:11 pm
Cass took another sip of her drink.

"Maybe we'll all just die and wake up to brand new us again, never even knowing." Maybe she'd be a Cass who was still a Samantha and she'd be none the better for it. Not that it was a positive thought, but it still lingered. She was surrounded by people who were adjusting to a new life, but sometimes she had to wonder: who was she on the other side?

"I'd like to think we won't need to ask magical-google what we did wrong and have to fix a bunch of things on the flip side."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:58 pm
"That is ... what I assume the case to be. At least, for those that are not nobility." Jeremiah's fingers tapped against the side of his cup. "Disappear and the world resets, except instead of being aware that you were not part of this ... you have no recollection. The world is as you know it to have been."

Definitely not a positive thought at all. There was already the lingering issues with having taken over the shoes of someone else but then the idea that this life he would lose and so would Cass-

Jeremiah was not going to let the reset happen, so help him.

"I doubt that will bit the case but we'll likely see big changes. What caused us to come here? That was a change in this world but with the new Charter? We will be changing the real world."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:23 pm
Cass thought about the implication for just a moment. They would be changing the real world. She sighed, setting her drink down quietly and running a hand down her face.

"And what do you think will happen to everybody who...." she wasn't sure how to put it; "Will our charter effect people who perhaps aren't connected to the real world in ways we're not expecting? I mean..." those who would be there weren't the only people who existed.

Were they selfish to not consider that?

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:11 am
"We already did, I mean-" Jeremiah paused. "When our Sigil, the magic that bound things and is responsible for all of this, was damaged beyond repair and it was fixed, we changed this world we're in now. That's why I am here, why the Jeremiah Mercer I replaced is not. It's also why some people have extra passengers, like the Spinel Lady."

Or the Burning Man but they were still investigating that.

"Though we honestly more or less side-stepped into another world with a completely different set of circumstances and no cage until our other ashdown attached to it." Jeremiah rubbed at his forehead, fingers then raking through his hair again. "This world, so far as I know, will be fine with the creation of a new Charter. We're not changing things here, we're changing things there. If there's some effect, then it's because someone with the wrong intent or desires is involved in the casting."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:34 am
Cass shook her head. "That's not what I meant, but it kind of answers my question." But everybody he mentioned was connected to the other side. What about people like Cid who wasn't except through her practically becoming an amateur photographer for him to see what would perhaps remain out of reach for him?

Were they just there to be tossed around as a side effect?

"Just have to stay positive and hope for the best for everybody, I guess." she idly stroked one of Hellbine's cheeks as she thought it over. "Good intentions actually mean something in all of this."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:05 pm
"Part of the problem is we cannot be sure who is and who isn't connected to other ashdown. If they have magic, they may be, but unless they can also travel there they may not be at all." Jeremiah was certain that things would be alright but then no one had anticipated some of the stuff that had happened.

"It gets complicated when the real world is only a small fraction of what it once was and is essentially a magic saturated landscape." He shook his head, glancing at Hellbine who resumed motor engine status with the pets. His head was stretched out, clearly wanting more.

"Intent, desire, and will. With those thing strong enough even energy reservoir cat is possible." There was just a touch of fond teasing in his voice, his eyes glinting impishly.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:15 am
"I think I already have the starts of an energy reservoir cat," Cass teased back, a second hand joining the first (because half of love was just lo) to rub Hellbine's cheeks. Was there a happy kitty in her lap? Oh yes. She'd probably allow the cat to ham it up as long as wanted too.

Animals were the best, after all.

"We just need enough to make sure we don't break anything or leave anything ignored while we mess with it. I don't know if there's a magical baggie variation of 'this piece was left out when I took it apart and put it back together but I'm going to hold onto it just in case'."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:43 am
Jeremiah snorted. "Don't give him ideas, he doesn't need them." Hellbine's ear flicked dismissively of his people dad. He nudged Cass before he took the last drink of his cup.

"It's more of a ... not knowing all the ways the magic can react to our will and intent. It takes our desires and shapes them but sometimes it can be a bit like making a wish with a djinn. Did you phrase it the right way? Did you account for this thing or the other? No? Then enjoy this unforeseen side-effect. Except," a sigh escaped, "at this point we can only improve. The Charter is flawed and anything that moves away from the violence of it is better."

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:33 am
"I've seen that movie." Cass had probably seen all sorts of horror movies, but in particular there was both an episode of X-Files and 'Hey-Isn't-That-Freddy-Kreuger' Wishmaster that came to mind. Djinn were jerks.

"But that makes sense," she yawned once, sliding her own cup away from her. "I have to hope we can only improve. Sometimes when you remove something, it leaves an empty space that something else can sneak into and fill." And if you don't account for it...well, she was hoping perhaps others would be able to cover the ground she wasn't even able to consider with her limited understanding.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:20 pm
"It's the premise to a lot of things within that world." Jeremiah shook his head. "It will be nice, however, to be responsible for this magic myself and no longer responsible by proxy of some past self of mine but I share the same concerns."

He gave her a smile, a yawn escaping a moment later. "It's best that we simply think and focus on that- what we want specifically. Leave no room for the magic to get ideas. I've already had it shown to me that the magic does have a mind of it's own so there is that."

demon_pachabella

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:21 pm
"So basically the more specific we are, the better. Not like write a two-hundred-page-novel about it, but 'I wish my brother was alive again' instead of 'I wish my brother wasn't dead' and getting a zombie instead of a living, breathing, not-actively-rotting person." she nodded, then yawned again.

She folded over the corner of her book, before closing it and running a hand down her face. "But we'll see where that ends us. Maybe with at least a paddle instead of just a canoe."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:00 pm
"You're probably ... better off trying to be more specific than that. 'I wish my brother was alive again, whole and well as he was before his life was taken.' Just because there are ..." A sigh escaped. "There are other things that can occur when death happens; the magic may not let someone simply die."

Jeremiah was thinking, quite suddenly, of Aleksy. It made him quiet for a moment before he smiled a little and nodded in agreement. "I would prefer we've actually got both and a sense of where land is." He pushed himself up to stand, cleaning up a little since the drinks were empty and Cass was clearly winding down.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:47 am
"You mean you don't like just paddling in a giant circle and slowly getting somewhere simply because of the current while you repeat yourself?" She paused for a moment after she spoke. That was actually a really good analogy for the cycles, wasn't it? Hopefully reforming the charter was getting a second paddle to continue down stream instead of being dropped in a rockier river.

Cass yawned again, rubbing her hand across her face again before she leaned back in the stool she'd taken over for her surprise visit (with a surprise guest, though it was Jeremiah's house, so it hadn't been all that much of a surprise). "Right now, I wish I had fun teleport-y magic too, because driving is going to suuuuuuck...." not that she wouldn't make it home...probably.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:46 pm
Jeremiah huffed. "I am almost certain that that is, in fact, what we've been doing for far too long." Then he was studying her once things were cleaned somewhat and tucked away to be dealt with properly later when it was not late.

"Well, while it's within the realm of possibility of me taking you straight home, I am instead going to offer you the guest room." A pause. "It however does imply that you will be covered in cats before the morning gets here." Not just the purr beast in her lap still but also Violetta.

demon_pachabel

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:34 am
Cass laughed. "Yeah, it fits what everybody has told me of it." she'd never really get to know that herself and perhaps there was something exciting about that as well: she'd repeated her own cycles, made her own new life, and now was heading forward with a more certain direction to hopefully not just fall back into pattern. Her own life had been her cycles, no need to have been dropped in on this one.

"Sleepover!" she was like a little kid, throwing her hands up in the air so suddenly that any normal cat would have probably flinched in fear and dug their claws into her leg out of surprise. "You say that like being covered in cats would be awful. That sounds wonderful...unless I just end up making energy reservoir cats out of both of them." Except that she was tired enough to maybe actually just fall asleep.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces