Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Does Anyone Know How to Drive This Thing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:17 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

Suddenly the gun was in Alison's hands. She didn't want it, nor did she ask for it, but apparently she had been elected to be in charge of their only weapon. She took a quick glance out the window at the group of guards blocking off the hall with their big shields and body armour. She was actually a pretty decent shot. Like most troubled youth she had ended up spending a decent amount of her time cutting high school classes with target practice. As a person who never had to suffer consequences for their actions Alison didn't give what she was about to do next a second thought. She shoved the door open and took aim. Three shots rang out, the bullets either ricocheting off the shields or body armour, before she was brought to knees by the electric shock. The gun tumbled out of her hand. If Malik and Marcus followed her lead and charged in they would likewise be shocked shortly after Alison was neutralized. If they surrendered peacefully they wouldn't be harmed. Marcus in particular should recognize this particular method of controlling Deviants.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 pm
User Image User Image User Image
Marcus Wells

Maybe giving Alison the gun had been a bad idea, Marcus had to admit he had expected more from her efforts with the weapon but he knew her powers were as disabled as his own. Giving her the gun while Brandon was being shocked meant that Marcus was unarmed and when Alison was shocked it became clearer to him exactly what they were dealing with. His expression loosened and Marcus slowly opened the door out into the hall and stepped out with both of his hands in the air. He knew now that this was not something he could fight through. At least not without further planning. The first time had taken a long time and it had taught Marcus the patience that his speed often made him forget. He didn't have the speed now so it looked like he would need to use a little more patience. "You should have let it go." Marcus shouted hoping that their host was watching. "You really should have let it go."

Date: January 28, 2013 | Alias: Whiplash

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:39 am
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

Brandon was just about to remove his belt when the captain decided that he had had enough of his antics and would put a stop to them. The electric shock that hit him was comparable to getting a beaten all over by a rolling pin, it took the wind out of him and it hurt like hell, but it wasn't exactly the worst thing he had been through in the last few days. He took a deep breath and stood up considering his options, he could surrender, from the sounds of it Marcus had taken that way out, it would be easy. Yet, he couldn't or rather wouldn't, he took a step forwards so that he was on the precipice of the door, the shield guard saw him and made a move to the left when Brandon suddenly shunted him again throwing him off balance, before he threw himself onto the head guard. His mind retreated into his head, to hold an indepth discussion about how this was incredible foolish, the serum was what made this work usually and without it he was going to feel everything. But his pride wouldn't let him just lie down and take it. While he was discussing his pride internally, his body was working though taking a burst of rubber bullets to the back, they had hurt, unimaginably so, about as much as the next round of shock therapy would if he let go of the man he had manage to wrestle to the ground. He finally managed to get a good hold of the man and start beating on his helmet when he felt two pairs of hands drag him backwards. He was raving, trying to get away, kicking and screaming, his eyes aflame with an intense hatred. At least that's what he would have done if the moment he stepped out of the room he hadn't been sucker punched by one of the guards and crumpled into a heap on the floor. He wasn't dead but he was incapacitated.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:46 am
Deadly_Tiger
nine1122
vortex2365

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

___________________________Malik_Winter

Malik was not pleased. They had worked to get out and now they where back to captured. Like seriously cant they not catch a break? Ugh worst bar fight ever to get him stuck here. He wasnt stupid enough to fight back. How would he. The damn collar prevented his power from working. It was just too damn risky. He didn't physically resist but it was well known he was not pleased. Unfoutunetly Malik had no plan. He really was not a planner to start with. The guards had other plans as he you knocked out from behind when the gaurds swarmed over. Gee at least pay up if the waned to toy with him knocked out.

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

At some point during the kerfuffle, Alison had fallen forward from her previous position on her knees to be laying face down and unmoving, though the guard had been too busy with Brandon and Malik to see what exactly had happened. The shock shouldn't have been powerful enough to knock her out. With three of the Deviants knocked out cold, one bearly clinging to life, and the last having surrendered the group of guards was feeling rather triumphant. An arrogant smirk appeared on the leader of the group, while the four merely seemed relieved. It wasn't that they relaxed completely as to be easily be taken off guard, but their posture had certainly become far less tense. Even Marcus's nonsensical shouting didn't seem to deter them.

A strange feeling came over Olivia, one she hadn't felt for a long time. She felt tired. It was something she hadn't experienced since her powers had kicked in. In fact, it was a feeling she didn't recognize and wouldn't have been able to give a name to it if asked. Her entire body felt incredibly heavy as if gravity had suddenly increased and she watched listlessly as the event unfolded in front of her. They started with Marcus, one of the guards searching him before locking him back in one of the cells while the rest kept their weapons at the ready. With the only functional person locked up, they broke formation and started on individual tasks. The man with the bracelet stood over Olivia as if to make sure she wouldn't do anything while the others got to work. One dragged the unconscious guard out of the cell Oliva and Brandon had hidden him in by the arms. Another started searching Alsion while the last two worked on Brandon. Soon they had Brandon down to his underwear. One dragged him into a cell while the other went through all of his clothes before tossing it in with him. After Alison was searched she was thrown over the shoulder of her searcher and deposited in Marcus's cell. Her vision was starting to fade as one of the men bent over Malik while the other three surrounded her. At least she would be able to escape being tortured, though she felt guilty for abandoning Brandon to that fate. Malkis was carried back to Brandon's cell. They dragged her into the empty cell before searching her person, though Liv couldn't figure out why they were bothering. She closed her eyes as they left her.

Then the leader of the group tapped on his wrist a few times. Liv's vision started the clear, the encroaching blackness suddenly backing off. "No." She said softly at first, her eyes popping back open. "No!" She shouted bolting upright. A quick examination showed the wound rapidly healing. "I won't let you take me there!" She screamed springing to her feet, but the leader only smirked at her.

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice." He told her as he tapped his wrist again. Ignoring her screams and banging against the metal door, he pulled out his pistol while walking towards the unconscious guard laying in his underwear. Without a moment's hesitation, he shot the man in the forehead. Punishment for letting the Deviants escape and a message to everyone there. Ten minutes later they had the mess cleaned up and one of the four was left standing at the end of the hall.

"Are they gone?" Alison whispered softly without moving while she waited for Marcus to answer. She would then produce a satellite phone she had snagged off the belt of the guard who had carried her into the cell. "Who should we phone?" She asked him with a grin.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:13 pm
Marcus Wells

Marcus continued to peacefully play along as the guards placed him back in his cell and he watched passively as the guard tapped his wrist and Olivia seemed to heal. Noted. Big boss man needed to get his arm ripped off so Marcus could get a hold of that little bracelet. Then again that was a problem for much later when he could get out of the cell again. A problem that Alison seemed very keen to solve. The most maniacal grin spread over Marcus's face as Alison showed him the phone. He had the number of every Dominion member he had ever worked with and he knew that they would put an end to this if called. But who to call? Snow? She would certainly sent the most effective response. Then again Shockwave was always fun and had a better disposition than the Dominion leader. If Shockwave had forgiven Marcus for the shower prank then he may have been as useful to call. He could call Mathis but he wasn't exactly sure where Mathis stood on anything anymore. He wasn't Dominion for sure and given that Marcus maintained a generally positive relationship with the group- Mathis was probably not an option. Marcus held out a hand to help Alison to her feet. As he did he felt the ship shift slightly beneath his feet and an entirely new idea sprung into his head. He knew the Dominion because he had worked with them but they were not the only people he had worked with. Marcus held out the hand and when Alison handed him the phone he dialed a number. Marcus lifted the phone to his ear and held up a finger to indicate he was waiting for the call to go through. "Gowon, it's Marcus. No no no no don't you get a translator I know you speak English because you were drunk at the bar and told me that you had been messing with me because I was a- and I quote 'ambitious snowman.' Yeah, that happened. I know you use your gifts for a little light piracy and I'm on a ship right now with a big score. Get over here and bring the heavy duty crew. Yes. Yes. No we are on a ship so a bazooka is probably not a good idea. It was a present I didn't think you'd actually want to use it so often. Okay... alright... see you in a bit."

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:53 pm
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

Brandon woke an hour or so later, his head was pounding hard and he was having difficulty breathing. He opened his eyes, the only light coming from a light in the corridor, but it illuminated enough to let him see the room he was laying in. He was laying on his back in the cell they had started in, or at least one that looker very similar in the dark, Malik was laying across his chest, (which explained the difficulty to breath) and while he couldn't see he was pretty sure he was naked, or as close to it as he was comfortable with. He tried to move but Malik was too heavy. "Hey! Wake up!" He strained his neck to see if he had managed to wake him but after seeing no change, he just lay back and stared at the ceiling. "I didn't mean to be a d**k earlier." He cast a quick glance down to see if Malik stirred before continuing on like he was actually awake. "I was just a little tense and I think I may have been a little harsh in the way I spoke to you. I'm sorry." On reflection he wasn't sure if this was a means to wake Malik up or keep himself awake, or something else caused by being hit in the head. "I think we should start again. I'm Brandon, I like collecting masks." He nodded to himself as he pictured his collection of a single mask that had been taken off him by their captors. "I think I'm going to give up on the whole protecting Liv thing after this, go cold turkey on the serum that makes me super strong and just focus on that. What do you think? Want to get into the antique mask collecting business with me?" He probably was just rambling.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:08 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

Alison listened curiously to the conversation Marcus was having with this Gowon fellow. At least she assumed it was a fellow. She had no idea what part of the world a name like that came from, and for all she knew it could have been feminine. Then she grinned when Marcus ended the call with 'See you in a bit.' "So how long until your friends show up?" She couldn't wait to get off this boat and get her powers back.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:43 pm
Marcus Wells

Marcus would have nothing to really offer Alison as an answer other than a shrug. Still, he had the phone and the ability to make some more calls while he was waiting so he did. It would be interesting to see who showed up to help first. The hour of waiting while Brandon was unconscious and the rest of them were imprisoned seemed to go by quickly for Marcus who was still adapting to normal time. He had taken a seat against the container and waited there more patiently than he normally would have. If what he suspected was correct, he was going to have another score to settle soon. Before he knew it the ship suddenly rocked wildly and a loud explosion range out from the port side. The explosion was followed by the sounds of various gunshots, alarms, and shouting. Marcus was ruffled a little but he was sitting so he was fine. "An hour, Alison. Your question early, it took them an hour." Marcus replied loudly and dryly so that the guard outside would hear. Not that it really mattered because a moment later a dark skinned man with a mask over his face and some hastily put together body armor appeared in the hallway and shot the guard dead. Then he went about unlocking the cells. He started with Marcus's cell because Marcus had called him and then moved on to the others. While those cells were unlocked Marcus took the dead guards weapons.

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:30 pm
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

At some point in the last hour, Malik had rolled slightly and Brandon had seized the opportunity to keep his momentum up and push him off. He had felt a little bad about leaving him face down on the floor so had pushed a pillow under his head and moved to sit in the corner. He had fallen asleep at some point, his head resting awkwardly on his shoulder and while his arms were folded against his chest in an attempt to fight the cold. If he had known that they were going to shock him, he'd probably wouldn't have surrendered his clothes. He was awoken from his restless slumber by the sounds of gunfire, then a few moments later saw the shadow of his would be rescuer dancing behind the cell door as he unlocked the door. Brandon had decided that he was being rescued, because even if the person opened the door and gunned him down it would be a more positive outcome than staying on the ship until it reached it destination. As the door opened the man continued to unlock the rest of the cells in the corridor, disappearing from sight before the door could open fully. Brandon stood cautiously, crossed the cell and poked his head out to see what was happening, where he spotted Marcus crouched over a guard, it was probably a safe bet to say that he was dead due to the grey matter that had been plastered all over the wall besides them.

Brandon retrieved a pair of trousers from the recently deceased, taking them without a word as Marcus stood not five meters away. It wasn't until he had finished tightening the belt that he even acknowledged the situation aloud. "What's happening?" He slipped past Marcus, wanting at least one wall between himself and any sort of firearm that the former speedster might be holding. He had spent enough time around fruit loops to know that as soon as they pick up a gun, all bets are off. He returned to Malik who looked no better than he did an hour ago, he did a quick check for a pulse before stepping back. "Liv, can you help me carry Malik?" He wanted to talk to her about something anyway, the excuse of carrying a person between them would give them time enough alone. He poked his head out into the corridor again, to see if they had decided upon a destination or if it was just assumed that they would be taking the shortest route topside and then back onto the invading vessel. "Is the commander dead?" He wondered if he wasn't why he hadn't just shocked them to oblivion by now, perhaps he still though he could win.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:18 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

Marcus gave a less than helpful answer. which wasn't exactly inspiring. There was nothing else for it, so Alison slid down the wall and sat cross-legged on the floor. Time ticked by slowly. Marcus was hardly good company, busying himself with making more phone calls. Of course, she couldn't really complain about it since he seemed to be calling back up to get them off the ship, though it did lead her to wonder if he thought the first group he had called would fail. Either way, she felt she might die of boredom before they were rescued. Suddenly she was rocked forward as a deafening explosion rang out. Good thing she had been sitting down otherwise she would certainly have a bleeding nose right about now. Still, a wide grin spread across her lips when Marcus answered her earlier question. "I thought you told him not to use the bazooka."

She waited until the ship settled a bit before attempting to stand. Alarms blaring, red lights flashing, gunshots and shouts. This was totally worth the hour of boredom. She went to follow Marcus out into the hall but stopped short in the doorway to their cell. For all of her troubling making and ill-advised adventures, Alison had never seen a dead body before. Her feet felt rooted to the steel floor as her eyes focused on the bloodied hole in the guard's forehead. His eyes glassy and unseeing staring upward. The growing pool of blood around his head.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:32 am

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

With there escape attempt failing in spectacular fashion, sheer terror had taken over Olivia. Rational thought had fled and she continued to scream even after the majority of the guards left. The one who stayed behind as their new warden ignored her as she made threats and called him every name she could think of. Soon her fingernails were bloody from clawing at the door. When you were accustomed to pain and used to immediately healing one wasn't generally very self-aware of the damage they were doing to themselves. Eventually, she sank down against the door, her fingers throbbing and her mind running a hundred miles an hour. A bullet to the head was better than going back.

Roughly an hour later Olivia was pacing the small room, too restless to sit. While she tried to think of a way to either escape or kill herself an explosion suddenly rocked the boat, throwing her against the wall. The air was knocked from her lungs, but as the boat rocked the other way she was thrown forward onto her hand and knees. She quickly scrambled to her feet, stumbling and falling into the walls as the ship rolled back and forth, but there was a huge grin plastered on her face. Whatever caused the explosion, it definitely wasn't good for their captors, which meant it was good for her. She didn't care if the ship was sinking so long as it meant they couldn't experiment on her again. Gunshots and shouts could be heard shortly after and her grin grew even wider. Olivia had no idea who was attacking and she didn't care. She just hoped they slaughtered every last one of the people involved in her kidnapping.

A black man wearing makeshift armour teleported into the hall and made quick work of the guard. When he open Liv's cell she did a most un-Liv like thing. She threw her arms around the male and planted a rather passionate kiss on his lips. She released him in time to witness half naked Bradon pulling on the dead guards pants. They were definitely too big for him but given the alternative, she wasn't about to complain. "Can't we just leave him?" She answered even as she followed Brandon into the other cell. Brandon and Olivia had only escaped the first time by working together. Their failed escape attempt an hour earlier only drove home how important teamwork and moving quickly was, so she wasn't about to stand around and argue with him about dragging Malik around. "If things get dicey I'm dropping him." She warned, but if anyone here understood that sentiment it was going to Brandon. Truthfully it was mostly an empty threat. Knowing what waited at this ship's destination even Olivia wasn't heartless enough to abandon Malik unless they really had no other choice. "Why don't you take his shirt? I imagine he looks better shirtless than you do."

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:59 am
Marcus Wells

Marcus laughed a little at what Alison said but didn't pay much attention to the others as he checked the weapons to make sure there wasn't some kind of maguffin that would screw him later. Gowon was getting over the weird snowflake kissing him but he still turned to answer Brandon with a shake of his head. Gowon had come to get Marcus first because he thought that Marcus would still have his speed. Yet given that Marcus was still standing in the room with them and prepping guns, Gowon pieced together that that was not an option. "I'm going back to my men. They don't all have powers. Good luck, Snowman." And with that Gowon disappeared. Marcus wasn't too worried because he could call Gowon again if things got really bad. Then again if they lost the phone that would be a problem. Marcus had taken the guard's extendable baton and pistol and left everything else for the others. When he saw Alison looking at the dead body he walked over and put himself between her and the corpse. "You're thinking. Don't. He was alive and now he is dead. We need to move or we will be too. Or worse. You don't seem built for routine torture."

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:39 pm
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

"No." He shook his head and didn't even entertain the idea. It's not like she was even going to be holding him, Brandon had already shouldered most of the weight by the time he had dragged him into the corridor, although he wasn't going to tell her that. "Okay." He nodded, though with that he wondered how she would react to what he had to say, it was just enough for him to question if bringing it up was a good idea. "Well, to be honest, I thought we were in a rush." He wondered how long exactly he should wait before he said something about their impending doom to the one person with a way to fight a way through the ship. Marcus finished his motivational speech and Brandon finally decided to step in: nobody was getting tortured today. He took a deep breath and used his calmest voice, this was not a time for arguing or speeches, it was a time for running. "Priorities! Marcus, can you please go and secure the way forwards? Check there isn't anybody outside and shoot anyone who is. I know guns aren't your usual modus operandi but I've heard you're quite the professional." He smiled at him, and then gave a slight sigh as he turned his attention to Alison. As far as motivational speeches went, Marcus' had been a bit all over the place but it had covered the key points and that's what mattered. "Alison, the ship is sinking and we need to get topside." As far as he knew it wasn't but he hoped that would serve as a a more pressing distraction and keep her mind on escaping. "Can I ask that you go with Marcus and secure a route? You don't need to shoot anyone, just keep an eye out. I think I remember you doing something like that in our little bar fight." He knew she was a deviant, he thought he knew her power had something to do with predicting outcomes and probability and was just trying to play into that. "Liv, we're going to bring up the rear, I'm going to carry Malik and your going to cover us. Alison, can you tell Marcus not to run off ahead. Thank you. Lets go." He looked at Liv, deciding that now was not the best time for a chat about mortality and it would be better if they were in a better environment before broaching the subject. "Marcus, are we clear?" He was determined that they wouldn't be captured again.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:49 am
Deadly_Tiger
nine1122
vortex2365

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

___________________________Malik_Winter

There were a few times Malik hated he slept like a useless log. This was one of them. Getting knocked out sure as s**t didn't help either. The alarms slowly dragged him to the land of the living. By the time he was awake he was being carried like he was some sack of potatos. Not the most embarrassing positions he's woken up to but certainly one of the more unique ones. "So I awake now. Sorry to keep you waiting but you can drop me" Malik said once awake enough. Once he was able to get roused he was fast to be ready to go. Getting plopped unceremoniously on the ground he stood and joined the party. "Mind if I get a quick rundown of why we are exploding?"

Ooc: sorry! Life's be kicking my a**. But i do love how you been toting Malik like a sack of patatoes.

Private Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff