Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Anime/Manga suggestion thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KeiYamashiro

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:59 pm
I would suggest any that I mentioned when I introduced myself... Anything else I would have to digging through my archive of what I've read/watched... List could go on forever...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:51 am
Name: Pretear
Anime or Manga: Anime
Rating: Teen (more for girls xp )
Brief Summery: It's basically about a girl and 7 companions and how they fight evil spirits by preting.
Additional Comments: It's really cute, sweet, funny, sad, all the best elements of anime/manga 3nodding  

FireShadowForever

Silence_DarkWolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:31 am
Name:Battle Royale
Rating:M
Style:Manga
Omg this is an awsome manga, so much violence, Blood, Guts, its a mix between A Clock Work Orange, and Lord Of the Flies

42 9th graders are selected and kidnapped, and get thrown on a deserted island and forced to kill each other until only one survives.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:45 pm
I recommend D. Gray-man, Gravitation, and Shugo Chara. heart  

shuichi792

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

Chaotic Psycho

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:23 pm
Um, well, I'm pretty new to the anime world, even though I know some good ones. I was also wondering if anyone could come up with some good anime for me to check out. I'm not picky about the genre, since I'm pretty open-minded. But please, let me know! =3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:36 am
Name: Nagasarete Airantou
Rating: Probably 16+ idano
Summary: Ikuto is a teenage boy who falls out of a ship while adventuring with his dad and some friends during a storm at sea. He gets washed up on shore of an unknown island of japanese speaking people called Airantou. The twist? All the remaining inhabitants are female and he's the first guy in 12 years!Put two and two together and you know this is a sure-hit comedy!

Comments: No crazy nudity, so i guess it can still be enjoyed by others. But i love the random things that happen in it. Btw, the animals are hilarious on that island and speak japanese too.  

Sephyre Eyes

Placeboraw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:24 pm
Name: Skip Beat
Rating: Not sure but not mature content or anything I think for girls idk
Summary:Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

Additional Comments: I think it was good
3nodding But I'm still waiting for it to upload some more chapters crying WHICH IS TAKING SO DANG LONG! scream But i think this mangaka is a good drawer and stuff u should read the other ones she does i think its called
Tokyo Crazy Paradise yep thats a gender bender which I LUV blaugh There both have romance and comedy its very funny sometimes and i think my favorite manga by far and for anime i suggest Detective Academy and Prince of Tennis well i think everyone knows that anime i think sweatdrop

some other mangas i read and that are good
Hot Gimmick
W Juliet
B.O.D.Y.
The Prince's Cactus
Ann Cassandra
Barairo My Honey
Bitter Virgin-WARNING: Mature Content
Full House Kiss
Gaba Kawa
Kare First Love
I could name more but i think most of you already read these but i love these but these were just a few if i named them all it would take lots of space idk whatever u can find these mangas at onemanga  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:37 pm
Name : Rosario Vampire
Manga/anime: both
Discription: A boy ends up going to a highschool for monsters while there he meets a vampire named moka and falls for her, while the other monsters want him.

Very good!
whee  

howlzabuza

Spinningthread

Fashionable Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:38 pm
Name: Lucky Star
Anime or Manga?: Both
Rating: Teen-Older Teen
Brief summary: Lucky Star's story portrays the lives of several school girls attending a Japanese high school with a very loose humor tone. The setting is based on the town Kasukabe in Saitama Prefecture. The main heroine is Konata Izumi, an athletic and intelligent girl who, despite these attributes, is not in a sports club, and has low grades. Her laziness at school is due to her love for anime and video games and lack of interest in anything else.
Additional comments: Its a whole lot of random and explains alot of things about japanese culture.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:44 pm
My favourite Shojo Mangaka is Arina Tamura, and her art is really nice.
A good "mangaka" (she lives in canada) is Svetlana Chmakova.

If you don't want to spend lots on buying the manga, some good magazines that have manga in them are:
-ShojoBeat
-ShonenJump
-YenPlus

PM me if you want more suggestions or good websites where you can get anime and manga!  

Spinningthread

Fashionable Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Gothic Lolita Angel

Friendly Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:35 pm
Name:Saiyuki Series
Anime or Manga?:Both
Rating Older Teen
Brief summary:This story is based on Journey to West Story
it about a monk named Genzo Sanzo and he has three demons with that fight. Sha Genjyo, Cho Hakkai Son Goku. They are trying to stop recruation of Gympoh(Can't spell the name) It very funny

Additional comments:

You should not pass looking at the anime and reading the manga  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:47 pm
OK fo sho we need naruto back
so its
Naruto
Basilisk
Devil may cry
Hellsing
Gunslinger girl
hell even afro samurai  

Candyman Zero

silenced_doll

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 pm
You should see the anime
Bokura Ga Ita
Is really sweet and you can say is more of a girls anime but if you like romance ur a guy well then go ahead and watch it.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:29 pm
Name: VAMPIRE GAME ; MERUPURI ; PEPPERMINT

Anime or Manga?: Manga

Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): TEEN

Brief summary:

*VAMPIRE GAME- king phelios defeated the vampire king duzzel on an epic battle. after 1000yrs duzzel was reincarnated to take revenge against the phelios as a kyawll and met ishtar a reincarnation of his arch enemy instead...

*MERUPURI: airi is an ordinary girl until she met aram, a young boy from a magic kingdom from the mirror which her grandmother gave to her as a heirloom...

*PEPPERMINT- haei being able to be close and go to school with ijy, a pop idol is a dream come true. but doing so she was bullied by his fans club members. eo, come to her rescue pretending to be her boyfriend who happens to be ijy's young brother complicating things.

Additional comments: pretty nice mangas i believe you'll enjoy. the story is very nice.  

angelpsyche

nova-in-the-cosmos

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 pm
well the animes i know that i like (though you might not)
naruto (ninja anime and manga teen)
inuyasha (a half breed demon and a girl from a different time i'm not sure about the rating manga and anime)
wolfs rain (about wolfs anime)
bleach(fighting anime and manga)
junjou romantica (anime yaoi whee )
i didn't put the ratings because i dont know all of them sorry  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items