[PRP] precautions (temperance & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:50 am
"I'm afraid it will be inadmissible in court, though. It wasn't a direct threat and you gave your consent freely, although influenced by past events." She sighed and resisted the urge to pinch the bridge of her nose. "Or rather, not inadmissible, but not something that can be used in a charge against the Burning Man."

Temperance glanced down at the list. "Thanks for this, though. I have a lot of people to talk to, so I guess I should get going."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 pm
"It can't, no, and I am willing to bet that you'll find enough of the consent gained in such a manner. However, while you're welcome, if you were going to get going- you'd not learn what else I know." Jeremiah raised an eyebrow then, head tilting.

"Which is that not long after he took my thumbprint, he then took America's, and a note was passed to her from Ezra Fitzpatrick- the Burning Man completely unaware of it." His shoulders rolled. "We met up then and came to the conclusion that he was, much like Melany was on occasion, trapped within."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:49 am
Temperance paused, barely containing her sigh of exasperation. For a chief of police, Jeremiah Mercer had terrible information management skills. She'd expected this to be more concise, laid out logically, and - Well, it didn't matter in the end.

"America? Oh, was this what had prompted the, uh, group thing? I'd heard a few of you were attempting to keep an eye on him. Did you find anything concrete barring the note?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:10 pm
Jeremiah merely raised an eyebrow at her expression, wondering briefly if that was exasperation. It never was good to simply leave. One had to, when making an investigation, make sure that they had gotten all available information from a source. Simply assuming that the person you were talking had given all information without prompting was often never true. Never mind leaving before verifying the same as well.

"Ezra Fitzpatrick was awake and aware - at least limitedly - within him. America would be able to tell you about the note passage but the rest of us at least gleamed information. Leila and Eve did a ritual that let them see. I," he rolled his eyes, "visited the twins only to find out he was mad - as he was at everyone who blooded the Charter, considering who Melany is to him - but there was a moment when I found him at the Rider-Waite campus. The ring's whisper was harsh, a demand- why are you so timid little mouse? I can only gather, from everything else we learned, that Ezra was at odds with the Burning Man and working against him. He was an empty abyss; the Burning Man. Where there should be feeling and motive, there's nothing at all."

The 5emblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 pm
She guessed it had really been too much to expect the chief of police, of all people, to give her both concise and complete information without dragging it out of him.

"I do plan on visiting both Eve and Leila as well as Ezra." Temperance paused at the mention of the ring again. She wanted to ask more about it, but a ring's whispering would never be usable in court, so she'd have to leave it for another time. "Were you just... looking at him on the campus or-? What things did you gather beyond America's note?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 pm
More like he was planning on telling her no matter what but Temperance was trying to leave. I mean, there is a trial to be had and all but come on.

Ahem.

Basically: she wasn't dragging anything out of him considering he was just going through, exactly, everything he knew so long as she didn't leave first.

"What I heard from the ring is likely not admissible but it's still something towards the fact that the Burning Man was aware of, and kept, Ezra what is essentially hostage." His head tilted. "I can feel emotions, Noble Clark, including yours right now- so, yes, just looking at him. We were all watching him from a distance so as to not trigger him - look what happened when he finally let loose on everyone - but, again, America would probably be the best to talk to aside from Leila and Eve.

"I merely put things together. America saw, through the eyes of Mister Bitterberry, Ezra cutting at his own burns, muttering about something stolen. When he was doing normal things, such as playing the guitar, he was without a burning silhouette but other times? There was a presence to him. Him cutting at himself was another one of the times where he was out the burning presence."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:57 pm
"If it's not admissible, it's not something I am allowed to consider in the case against the Burning Man, anyway, no matter if it seems particularly damning." She rubbed her eyes. Felt emotions weren't admissible either and she could already sense that sorting through everything to find the shreds of what she could use would be a hassle.

"Yes, I'll definitely have to talk to America, and, of course, the younger Ezra, too."

Azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces