Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Al-Siq Sayir Lands
[SRP] Expression of Interest (Destati x Nyctimus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:19 am
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:37 am
"So you're absolutely certain that you want to pursue this route," Destati gazed down from his vantage point towards his spotted son. The middle child, he had always been a touch less vocal than the others and a little more reserved in terms of his overall aspirations. Destati hadn't been entirely certain of what the lion would do with himself in later life, but as a noble he had the advantage of having a little more time than most. Regardless, the Justicar had faith in his offspring that they would find their path just as their elder siblings had and on this occasion it seemed that at least one of this batch had found his calling.

It would have been a lie to say that he wasn't absolutely delighted by the choice either, even if he was somewhat concerned about the time frame in which to prepare him for what would await. Yes, on this occasion one of his sons had stepped forward and declared his interest in taking up the mantle of Justicar. As the only one to express interest, he would therefore be subject to the training and scrutiny that he really should have received when he was a cub. Like Tethys, it seemed that Nyctimus would be starting late in life and hopefully, Nyctimus would have the same set of abilities, if not more.

He'd need to be adaptable, he'd need to be strategic, he'd need to be...

Well he'd need to be everything and once and then some, it was no small feat, but it was something that Destati was willing to give him the opportunity to pursue. He would be pursuing it with caveats however; based on the fact he was so late to the game he would not be expected to die for this. If he lacked the ability to perform, then he would simply be withdrawn and redirected to another profession, it wasn't fair to expect the same results from one who hadn't been raised in the appropriate environment after all.

Adar'malik would be ecstatic of course; he'd thoroughly enjoyed driving Destati's eldest son to despair... But he would accept that on this occasion it was not a life or death situation; thus, his middling son could receive a reprieve and he wouldn't be experiencing any of the almost fatal experiences that Tethys had. That being said, perhaps it would have been advantageous to have Nyctimus discuss his intentions with his brother, if only to gain an understanding of what to expect. Adar's trials would not deviate terribly, they might not kill his son but they would certainly hurt him - it was better to be prepared.

"I'm sure," Nyctimus took a breath. "I thought about it for a considerable amount of time and this is what I want to do," he continued. "It just seems right."

"You are aware of the requirements for such a position -"

"Not currently, but I am willing to go through them," Nyctimus paused and furrowed his brow. "I was under the impression there would be trials but I have yet to gain clarity around what those are," he confessed. "None of your companions have been very forthcoming on what it entails, then again I'm not sure if they even know what they are."

"They change," Destati conceded. "However the overall result is generally the same, they are not easy and they do hurt," he murmured. "They are designed to kill if one does not succeed," he warned. Suffice it to say that Nyctimus didn't need to know that he had a reprieve, resting on his laurels would make him weaker, he needed to feel like his life depended on it.

"With all due respect, I'm beginning to realise that nothing is ever easy in this pride," Nyctimus was decidedly blunt when it came to this. Ever since they had arrived there had been nothing but an exhaustive list of drama, all of which simply wouldn't have happened beyond the walls. His eldest brother was spurned simply for how he looked, his youngest was practically worshipped and there seemed to be an expectation that he would follow in his father's steps. Admittedly, it was this particular expectation that had caused him to delay his decision. Truth be told both he and Prometheus had been apprehensive about remaining and it had only been through the reassurances of his father that if they did not want to do something then he would make sure they didn't have to, that they had realised they were safe.

With his father's support he knew that he could aspire towards whatever he preferred and by extension, so could his brothers... but in seeing that influence, he had also realised just how much he could achieve if he did aspire towards his father's role in the future. Right now his influence was limited, but in time, perhaps he could begin to reshape the Blue Province. His aim? To shift the hearts and minds of its denizens towards a much more welcoming and inclusive society. As a noble he simply couldn't do this, but as a Justicar, maybe he could lead by example.

...Provided he managed to become a Justicar.

"Well at least you have an accurate read on things," his father admitted after a moment and released a sigh. "If you are certain, then I would only ask that you ask your eldest brother about his experiences first," he said at last and pursed his lips. "Tethys has experienced a small portion of what you will be subjected to and can provide a unique insight in what to expect," he paused, albeit briefly. "If you are still interested after you have heard all of what he has to say, then we will begin the process of ascending you to the position of heir, but I will begin such a process until you are sure."

"Tethys tried?" Nyctimus seemed surprised.

"He did not, but he did need to be prepared for the enemy he faced and he did not have the benefit of an education in the Brown province," Destati replied. "The only tools at his disposal were the Collective and they do not suffer fools."

"I see," Nyctimus grimaced; he wasn't deterred yet, but there was certainly more to this than he had originally anticipated. "Do you know where he is?"

"Home, as per your mother's updates," Destati motioned for the male to enter his room. "I will provide you with directions - if you remain sure of this path when you return, then we will begin."

"All right," Nyctimus agreed. "Show me the way," he finished. He'd never been to the Stormborn, so this might very well prove to be an educational experience for him to say the least...

Words: 1133

Epine de Rose

[IC] Al-Siq Sayir Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces