Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Al-Siq Sayir Lands
[SRP] Fitting In (Epimetheus x Arimathras)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:21 am
User ImageUser Image
"The goddess tries to lose her wings."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:36 am
Epimetheus had always found his mother entertaining; she had moments of pure genius and then other times she was a bit special. Now was one of those times when she was proving to be special rather than genius. In the comfort of their own compound, now safely ensconced in the Blue Province, Arimathras had taken to practicing some of her lesser known arts. Arguably, according to her own explanation, these were skills she should have had ironed out a long time ago, she'd just never seen any reason to do so. However, now that she had taken up official residence in a pride, it was 'advantageous' for her to figure out how exactly to perform these particular party tricks.

...Well her son called them party tricks, others would have deemed them divine magic. Either way, on this particular morning Arimathras was exercising her muscles in 'transformation'; in short, the petite goddess was attempting to establish a mortal form that would be appropriate for the Al-Siq Sayir. You know, one of those forms that wouldn't cause individuals to doubletake or gossip in the streets, though few would dare to gossip in the immediate presence of the Blue Justicar himself. Granted, Epimetheus knew that his father wouldn't give a rats a** what they said but as an individual who had been subject to several rather distasteful encounters since his arrival, the black lion could appreciate a desire to 'fit'.

Turning into anything other than a lion however, was simply not plausible.

"No," he said finally, interrupting his mother's fifth transformation of the day. Why she had chosen such a small creature he'd never understand. She'd been through several smaller entities in the pass hour - her tried and true hare form, and now she had filtered through snakes, genets, a small dog thing and something else he couldn't quite recognise. Quite frankly he was beginning to suspect that the lioness was making things up and transforming into something straight out of her own imagination. In short, she wasn't going anywhere fast at the moment and this was largely hampered by the fact that she didn't seem to have the capacity to do anything bigger.

"What's wrong with it?" Ari puffed up her feathers in irritation and sighed. "I look just like Shuurei!" she pointed out.

"Who is a bird," Epimetheus pointed out patiently.

"What's wrong with that?"

"How is father going to explain how he reproduces with a bird," her son replied. Not that he had any real desire to picture his mother and father in the reproductive process, but he did have to acknowledge that on this occasion it would be a very real problem. It was simply a series of questions that the family didn't need, particularly given how he looked, how his mother looked, and how they had also managed to produce some sort of prophetical son that was also meant to save the world. Suffice it to say that the family really didn't need anymore drama in the form of his mother adopting an inappropriate form.

"Magic," she replied darkly; though after a moment her expression did falter and she seemed to concede that he had a point. Physically speaking it simply wouldn't be possible and Destati had been under significant pressure as of late; to his credit he had been handling it admirably, but he really didn't need this as well.

"Something already used to explain your original appearance I suspect."

"Oh no, we just said it's normal where I come from," she waved her paw and then giggled at Epimetheus's disbelief. "It would be heresy to declare that I am divine," she pointed out. "We would be executed for our views and made an example of, I must never declare that I am...what I am."

"How tedious," Epimetheus uttered in exasperation. This was the general sentiments he seemed to feel for the ever increasing stupidity of certain aspects of his new home. While he loved his family dearly, he found the entire belief structure to be tiresome. To be perfectly honest he wasn't sure how Adar coped with it, particularly when he looked every much as 'offensive' as Epimetheus did. Then again the other lion also seemed to be the bluntest, most sarcastic, and perhaps deliberately offensive individual that he had ever met. He could see the logic in that, if someone was going to treat you poorly then you might as well return it in kind... Epimetheus hadn't yet reached that point though.

"Indeed; but I feel that if perhaps I can change slightly then perhaps the gossip will be less so," she explained.

"For now," Epimetheus pointed out and clucked his tongue. "Let's be honest mother, they already know you have wings and this pride seem to have the capacity to exchange information at an alarming rate," he shrugged. "It will most likely come up again."

"Which is fine, but even from a practical point of view I could do without the wings sometimes," she confessed and shook her head.

"Might I suggest you aim for something bigger than my head then," he returned her attention to her current aims and pursed his lips. "Preferrably shaped like a feline; though I'm not entirely sure why you find this so hard when you could just imagine yourself with the wings off surely..."

"You'd think that," Ari sighed. "But for some reason it doesn't work that way, I just can't get me to be...me."

"Well we have the entire day to kill," he made himself comfortable and sighed; it wasn't as if he could wander about on his own for long without attracting trouble, so he was mostly confined to his home for the time being. "So start with something moderately bigger than my head and we'll just work up from -"

She'd turned into an Ostrich.

Somehow.

"All right so, about half that size," he said cautiously at his despairing mother, though a grin was toying at the corner of his lips. He'd never say she looked ridiculous, but it was precisely how she appeared. "How'd you get from -"

"You said bigger than your head."

"And preferably feline."

"At least I got the bigger right," Ari whined.

"Fair point, so try for the feline bit next?" He was met with a sigh, but to her credit, his mother hadn't given up just yet.

Words: 1072

Epine de Rose

[IC] Al-Siq Sayir Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces