Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Al-Siq Sayir Lands
[SRP] Tipping the Scales (Lucivar x Metis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:28 am
User ImageUser Image
"Tactical retreats are one thing, but we need to turn this on its head."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:46 pm
"You have an idea," It wasn't a question, it was a statement. The male had been observing the General for some time and while the General had refrained from passing comment, it was clear that he was contemplating something. Life had been quiet for quite some time since their retreat and much to many phantoms' surprise the Justicars didn't seem to be making any attempts to track them down as they were often wont to do. Suffice it to say that the world had gone completely silent in a way that it had never done so before.

...Even though the Prime may have made the decision to retreat, it seemed that those upon the surface appeared to have made their own move in response. Consequently, there had be remarks that several of the Generals had been pondering their current strategies as well as dissecting previous encounters. While the rest of the Warrens might have returned to normality, this was normality for the Generals.

Those who survived would return, they would assess, and then they would formulate plans for the time in which they would be summoned again. Ideally these would be bigger and better than ever before, but none had ever been forthcoming with this information and it seemed that today, Metis was going to be of no exception. However, Lucivar had never been adverse to expressing some interest even if he didn't take it personally if the answer was declined.

"Perhaps," Metis finally spoke in a low rumble. His tone was noncommittal for the most part, but there was a hint that he had been considering something, even if he didn't seem inclined to discuss it.

"That would be a confirmation then," Lucivar shook his head and cast his gaze towards the fellow male. Even from this vantage point he could see the elder male caressing his own chin. Had he been summoned to The Prime, or was he simply contemplating what had happened prior to being recalled? Lucivar had been slowly but surely gathering a picture of what had occurred beyond the walls and he had to admit that their encounters had certainly be intriguing.

A land of strange, divine beings.

A land filled with those who had drained their own Divine One's life.

...But also a land where even in the face of the 'divine', there seemed to be a lack of respect or recognition for how truly destructive and powerful such entities should have been. Lucivar had long accepted that he would have very much liked to see it for himself, to interview one, if only to truly understand what they were. They might very well be mortal like he and simply be made in the image of a particular creator... after all, they were modeled after Divinity himself and Lucivar could see a practical use for wings.

"You are bored," Metis stated and returned his gaze with a cluck of his tongue.

"The youths have reached a point in their education where they are to be trained in other disciplines, and the next birthing season will not be for some time," Lucivar pointed out. "Though some have theorised we might have more than one this year as a result of the rather sudden return of the community," he added.

"If that was to happen, I would not discourage it," Metis mused. He rather enjoyed new life; like any Phantom it was a joyous occasion to welcome another blessed one into the Warrens.

"You might even consider it yourself."

"I might," Again, he was noncommittal.

"Your children would be entertaining to teach," Lucivar chuckled, while Metis chose to roll his eyes. "So what plagues the mind of the mighty General today or are we still assessing all that has occurred in the last few years."

"You made no secret of your interest in the Divine Beings of old," Metis said at last and pursed his lips thoughtfully. "What if I gave you the opportunity to encounter one in the flesh," he continued, taking note of the manner in which his companion's head lifted. It was an understatement to say that Lucivar was interested, he had practically packed his bags already without being made aware of the requirements.

"The catch?" Lucivar pressed, revealing he wasn't quite so far gone as his sudden interest might have implied.

"While I do not expect immediate success," Metis replied slowly. "It would be with the aim to end their existence in the future, once a method of disposing of them has been identified," he paused to allow Lucivar to absorb the information. "Whether it be brute strength or poison, this would be the end game, but until that time you may be as studious as you like."

"Guarded?" Lucivar pressed.

"I have enough eyes upon them to know when they will be exposed, this will be used to our advantage," Metis replied softly and released a small sigh. "But you are not to take unnecessary risks, not yet at least."

"Information gathering," Lucivar clucked his tongue. "How long?"

"As long as it takes, unless The Prime calls for a resurgence," Metis replied. "If we succeed in this, we may not even need a resurgence, he may simply be able to walk on to the surface and reclaim it."

"That's quite the declaration."

"I am aware," Metis narrowed his eyes. "But you will understand why when you cross paths with this divine being. If we can reclaim that, that is considerably more power than any mortal possesses."

"All right," Lucivar raised a paw to itch at his chest. "Point me in the right direction, and I'll take a look at this fabled being. No risks, merely observation, a little fact finding."

"And one more thing."

"Yes?"

"You had best lose that accent," Metis waved his paw. "You are going to be dropped a considerable distance beyond the wall, if you speak as a native, this will never work."

"Noted," Lucivar pursed his lips. With those type of orders he was going to need to settle himself for a time elsewhere and school himself on their cultural dialogue. It would be then, and only then, that he would be able to bridge the distance between himself and this subject of interest... but he had played such games before and he would do so again.

"Will that sate your curiosity for now?" Metis hazarded.

"It depends on how interesting this excursion proves to be," Lucivar replied honestly and shrugged his shoulders. "But I'm hopeful," he admitted.

"Good, then we will select a region for you to study within so that you might adapt to the nearby natives, and then we shall set the rest of this in to motion."

"Perfect."

Total Words: 1121

Epine de Rose

[IC] Al-Siq Sayir Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas