Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
Dia's Corner - News from The Boss Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:48 pm
HAITUS NOTICE

In case it wasn't obvious with my lack of presence, the shop is going to be on haitus.

Not just me this time, but the whole shop. (the actual first shop haitus since I have had it) The reason for this is, not only am I not able to do the work currently (RL > Gaia) but neither can the staff. They've all been busy IRL as well, which leaves no one to mind the shop.

I know I mentioned hiring others, but right now, I don't even have time to do that.

For RPing: you may grow your pae'il as you wish, and when I return, I will give you all the art you need to catch up for the stages. I know each pae'il is due at least one growing by now (if not 2 or 3). Please don't grow your pae'il before the minimum however. Use this as a guideline:

baby->toddler = one week
toddler -> child = three weeks
child -> teen = 6 weeks
teen -> adult = 12 weeks

Post in this thread which stage you are currently RPing your Pae'il: All-purpose Request Thread

For Powers: You may give your pae'il its own power, provided that it doesn't overlap with an existing power. Any Pae'il inactive for a minimum of One year has no power, so you may elect to 'take' one of those. (elder powers included)

When I return, I will sort out where the power belongs and which guild, if any, the pae'il belongs to. Please post in this thread which power you selected, so I will have record of it: Powers

For Breeding: Milly is on vacation and not brewing any potions sadly.

For Weddings: You may continue with the ceremony via RP, controlling the Cleric as you wish. Just keep him in character (all about love, but also very religious)

When I come back, I will open the city finally. I am sorry its taken so long and there's been so many delays.

If you have any questions or concerns, PM me, or send me an IM if you can catch me online.

P-Sama: I am terribly sorry for the delay in getting your pae'il certed. I will do it as soon as I can get photoshop reinstalled. Thank you so much for your patience!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:47 pm
Well, since my computer is down till I get the replacement part in, I have some free time on my hands. o.o However, I don't have access to any of my FA files, nor art programs. So I am gonna be trying to get some of the administrative work around the shop done. I am available for questions or concerns. PM me or use the all purpose request thread.  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:10 pm
The replacement part turned out to be a dud, and burnt out yesterday. So I am once again without files. However, I am still gonna continue with plans for the Halloween event.

I am also still working on the pwoer redesign. Its ahuge project, so it will take time.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:41 pm
I'm sorry for not being around anymore. sad

I have been looking over a few things, and am completely overwhelmed with how behind I am, and how much I need to do, to catch up, and with the amount of stuff I owe out to people. Also, its been so long, some things have slipped my mind as to what I need to do.

I know there are tons of growings owed out. And I am unsure who is all still around RPing, and which pae'il need to grow at this point.

I also know I need to finish the powers system. I am very sorry for leaving that up in the air for so long. After I get some growings caught up, I will try to get that finished.

I am still on full haitus, so it might be slow going, but I want to make sure I can deliver all that I have promised to everyone.

If you are still active, and want your pae'il to grow, would you post in the All-Purpose request thread, the following info:

Quote:
Pae'il:
Last stage delivered:
Current stage being RP'd:
Link to current cert:
Colorist:

At this time, I can only grow the ones I initially colored. If you are waiting on one colored by a different colorist, I will try to get in contact with them. If they're unable, I can finish your pae'il, it just might take a lil bit longer to get the cert. I'm sorry. sad

---

If you are waiting on something other than a growing, please post as well, the thing you are waiting for.
DO NOT post that you are waiting for a power, because technically, a few dozen pae'il are waiting on those as well while the system is being revamped.  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:04 pm
Thank you, to everyone still here. heart It means a lot to me that you stuck through the rough patches.

I am still evaluating where things were left, and trying to recover lost data and get things settled. Some big changes (hopefully to make things more fun and easier on everyone!) will be coming soon as I try to sort through the rubble!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:10 am
I just wanted to give a heads up on some of the changes y'all might see around the shop as I try to sort through the rubble to get things caught up. A LOT still needs to be done backstage, so it might be a bit before you actually start seeing the changes, but I assure, things ARE being worked on. biggrin

Growings:
- I will be changing the growing schedule. It will not take 6 months (which is what it used to be before haitus caused it to be longer) for a Pae to grow to adult. I am lifting most RP requirements associated with growing, and hopefully, it will only take a couple months now to fully grow a pae.
- I am going to set a strict growing schedule, so that pae will only be grown on one day of the week. This is to keep things a bit more organized and to set deadlines for the colorists that they cannot dispute.
- I am looking into hiring new colorists. I have been off gaia for quite some time, so I am still unsure about this, but its an option I am considering.
- All pae will now be 'sold' or start out at the CHILD stage. Only breeding couples will see the TODDLER stage, which will be the new BABY stage. I am getting rid of the bunting stage, as it seems too hard for people to RP it.

Journals:
- I am going to change it from one per pae, to one per owner.
- They'll be used to post growings, deliveries, or other special messages and to provide a timestamp. It will also be a way to keep track of the progress of the owners for the purpose of the RP rewards as well. (some people just have a lot of pae and its easier to know they're active with one pae, then all.)
- The kinks are still being worked on for this, as it will involve a lot of work to set up new journals. Old journals will remain untouched, however, you are no longer required to upkeep or update them for Elder consideration.

Powers:
- (the bane of my gaian-existance lol) This is still being reworked too. It will be drastically different than any method we've used in the past, simple because it needs to be a self-sustaining aspect of the shop's RP.
- Elders will still lose their powers if they are inactive for more than a year.

-----------

My tablet currently is not working. So I cannot work on back-owed art, items or pae I need to color till I get it replaced, so it might take a little bit longer still to get growings.  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:38 pm
Thank you for all the feedback, guys! heart

When I get my new tablet, I am going to focus on growing the pae of the people that were active in the last several months first. (still backreading so I can reward the loyal owners first wink )

Any and all feedback is still appreciated, if you have any, my all means post it!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:49 pm
I've been a little hesitant to post here, and jinx myself once again, but I am thinking at this point, things are safe.

Fifth Age is officially off haitus now, and has been for a few months. Spooky and Mina have been working hard to help get journals and the owner's list and other clerical things straightened out for us. Mel and Teigra have stepped up and are coloring missing stages so Pae'il long over due to grow, can finally do so. With the help of those 4, this shop would be nothing, and I am forever grateful them. heart

We're working hard, to get Fifth Age back to where it was. Lots of guild shuffling will be going on while we work to give the shop a new look to reflect the changes that have occured.

If you have a pae that you think we may have forgotten to grow, by all means, poke one of us. I'm sure someone will know what's up and be able to give you a status report. wink

Hopefully in the coming months, we'll be back on schedule and doing Elder Quests every month and events and having lots of fun in the meantime. wink  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:10 pm
Things have been moving along wonderfully! We still have some backlog, but its nowhere near the mountain it used to be.

We're moving forward, creating events, advancing the plot and working on bringing in more RPers and newbies. Its good times. smile

After the Naiad RP event closes, we'll have a few days break, then our big summer event will begin. Lots of fun things to do!

And as a reminder, if you have concerns over growths or another player, please PM Antidia or Iris so we can get things resolved. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 am
Things have been resolved between Ala and I, and I decided to remove her from the Blacklist. She's free to post in the thread and RP again as well.

If anyone's got issue with this, please PM me for resolution and keep ALL drama out of the main shop thread.  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:04 am
We're gonna be wrapping up our summer event in a couple days then the staff's gonna take some time to rest. We've been working nonstop on events since March. X_x

It'll give everyone a chance to play with their new pae. 3nodding

Breedings will open in August and September, then October will be another event month as we'll be celebrating our 5th Anniversary, and Hallowe'en at the end of the month.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 pm
I'm hearing some things lately that aren't exactly good news.

I want to post a reminder for folks, that treating any member of the FA staff, on or off the thread, poorly or immaturely is just as bad as treating ME poorly.

Treat us with respect, and we'll treat you with respect. Its a two-way street.  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:33 pm
I am going to start enforcing the Greylist again. I don't like being mean to people, but I am getting sick of potshots and masked insults made towards us.

also a reminder, since it was glanced over in the midst of an argument, we're adjusting some of the RP rules as well as Breeding rules. We're trying to cut down on the inappropriate content.

RP in FA is to remain clean. I don't care what the media says is okay.

Adult pae are not to enter into relationships with teenagers. Period.
Exceptions: if a relationship is formed while 2 pae are teens, then one grows, that's fine. If a pae is more than 6 months older, they must wait til the other one is an adult before forming a relationship.

EDIT: If you RP your pae as an adult, and posted that you were doing so before January 2009 in the all-purpose request thread, but still have the teen artwork, you have nothing to worry about. Some teens just haven't grown because of lack of lineart. (I will get to it, I promise.)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:07 am
Working on, and coming up:

- Elder Information thread, with all information regarding Elders, including what we specifically are looking for.
- Power List; for quick reference so we can cut down on the repeated powers.
- Elders art & quests
- new lines for Hybrid adults
- 5th Anniversary Event stuff  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:09 pm
Okay, first round of Breedings with our new method is done. I feel bad that I couldnt' pick up more than I did, but I really had a terrible month as far as being busy combined with being sick. In the end, I picked the couple that inspired me most based on why they want to have another baby. Some people may not like my methods, but all my decisions really are based on character development.

October is coming up, and we'll be celebrating our 5th Anniversary. We have something special planned for that, which will extend the length of the month.
Towards the end of the month, we have a very fun Halloween event planned with lots of prizes and RP. Sign ups for the event will be posted soon.

Hopefully in November, I will be able to pick up more breedings, but I will play things by ear at this point. wink

Thanks for being awesome, guys. heart heart  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces