Welcome to Gaia! ::

The D-Party

Back to Guilds

Because we like Diedrich. And Parties! 

Tags: Diedrich, Grunny, D-Party, Party, President 

Reply Archives: Where all old threads go to die.
New Year Guild Survey Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:25 pm
Hey Guild Members!

The D-Party takes great pride in being one of the best guilds in Gaia. We want to continue to make this guild a great place for Diedrich Lovers!

Please take a few moments to answer these questions. Feel free to discuss your answers with other members.

Everyone who answers will be entered into a drawing to win a Subliminal Spooky Shounen!

Questions
How long have you been a member of the D-Party?

How active are you in the D-Party Guild?

How active are you in the D-Party Thread?

How active are you at D-Party Events (such as Diedrich's Birthday party, D-Ster, Spooktacular Halloween, etc)?

Did the D-Party host enough events during the year to keep your interest? Please explain.

What are your favorite D-party contests and why?

What are your LEAST favorite D-Party contests and why?

What do you enjoy most about being a member of the D-Party?

What makes you proud to be part of the D-Party?

Did you participate in Flash Space Meet Ups? Why or why not? How can we improve flash space meet ups?

How do you think the D-Party could improve for next year?

Do you have any awesome ideas for 2016?

What is the best way to have your voice heard in this guild? What would make you feel like you are part of something great and awesome that is this guild?

Where do you see this guild going in the future?

If you could describe the guild in 4 words, what would it be?

Do you have any other comments?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:53 pm
Less than a year, I'm really not sure ^^o

I barely exist, but I try to take part v.v

again, barely there...

How active are you at D-Party Events (such as Diedrich's Birthday party, D-Ster, Spooktacular Halloween, etc)?
wahhhh you are making me feel guilty!! I guess I know what my new years resolution should be....

Did the D-Party host enough events during the year to keep your interest? Please explain.
yes, I just get distracted easily!

I don't really take party because I'm horrible at most of them... but I really do like seeing others work in the art contests

none (art because I cant draw ;_; )

watching the contests and that I know there are other REAL people left on gaia

that you guys put more effort into the plot than gaia does for our little green leader

Did you participate in Flash Space Meet Ups? Why or why not? How can we improve flash space meet ups?
I never make it on time v.v (I live in Hawaii so its no fault of yours!)

uh... spirit week?

spirit week o.o

What is the best way to have your voice heard in this guild? What would make you feel like you are part of something great and awesome that is this guild?
I should be more active lol I'm already part of something great just by being here! :p

Where do they see this guild going in the future?
I really see it staying the same unless gaia adds a group element game back into the mix

green, entertaining, home, closeknit *for those of you who are able to participate actively anyhow!)

Do you have any other comments? hi, you do good work :p

H0lly Daze

Tipsy Swapper

20,350 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:02 pm

All my life I've been over the top
I don't know what I'm doing
All I know is I don't wanna stop

Questions
                  - I'm actually not 100% sure, it looks like I never posted in the welcome thread, so I'm guessing about a year or so? I know for sure I lurked in ya'lls event threads before I joined though. I think I joined here a bit before I joined the GDA.... I don't know for sure.

-Decently I think. I try to help where I can! Although I think I may dial up the chatting here~

-I post occasionally, funny things are said and posted there. >w<

-I'd like to say fairly active, even if I'm not entering in the contests, I am there chatting a bit here and there.

-Yes. Everyone's doing a great job!

-Oh it is definitively the Carol one. FANTASTIC songs happened.

- I don't have a least favorite.

-All the shenanigans, and the sense of community.

-All of it.

- Yes, Because I either helped organise them or I just wanted to have some fun, I think we need some sort of hangout-spot. Even if Gaia never gets it's act together and makes flashspace guild HQs, there is a spot which is still active with A MASSIVE DIEDRICH FOUNTAIN from a valentine's day event! I think it'd be a good place for us, they're chairs and tables, and maybe we can invite whatever fanclub Radiojack has!

-By keep on doing what we're doing, and figuring out what does and doesn't work in the coming year!

-More flashspace meet ups, setting up a chat room somewhere (maybe chatzy) so we can all talk quicker than the quote system in the forums, and we should get Diedrich re-elected!

-Posting and quoting someone tbh. I already feel this way. This whole place gives me the warm fuzzies!

-More D-Partiers, more laughter, more ridiculous facts

-Fantastic, Funny, Silly, Wonderful

-All of you should go search "Diedrich" in the forums occasionally so whenever he is mentioned, we can join Hassli in appreciating our president!

All fired up, I'm gonna go till I drop
You're either in or in the way
Don't make me, I don't wanna stop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:05 pm
Questions:

Year and a half, I believe, it may be longer.
On a scale of one through ten, I'd say somewhere along the lines of four, five or six. I'd like to get involved more, however a few variables stop me at times.
Not too active, usually I'll hang around in the thread, lurking and posting but after a day or two, I'll lose the link.
Fairly active, though, aiming to become more active this year due to coming back at a late time (About All Hallows Eve)
Sadly, I wasn't here for a bit of this year, but with the part that I was here, the parties were very pleasing to behold and the competitions were varied, fun and interesting.
My favourite D-Party contests? Festive wise, it'd be Halloween, more people are on at this time of the year, and it's really easy to relax, talk and celebrate with others!
Competition wise, however, Avi-dress ups are my personal favourite. It's awesome to gain insights and inspiration from others!

I can't say that there is a least favourite contest, as each have their own appeal and grandeur.
Hands down, the fellow Guildies. Each and every single one are amazing and kind, and all round wonderful.
My fellow Guildies!
Sadly, I did not. The only one that I was aware of this year (Due to late arrival) was the Christmas one, and I could not attend due to a house party with family and friends.
As I see it, D-Party, from the get going has been improving and improving upon each year on it's own, so the only thing I can think of is keeping the guild up!
Deidrich getting an upgrade with a cool mech body! More somberly, however, I do not.
Depends, if it's directed to Crew Members, they're brilliant and fast in replying to Private Messages, though in threads just wiggling into a convo! (Easily said, ahah)
To the land of parties, green bunnies and sugar! Wait... we're already here, great!
The President loves sweets.

Incuriosity

Sublime Specter

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:15 am
H0lly Daze
Less than a year, I'm really not sure ^^o

I barely exist, but I try to take part v.v

again, barely there...

wahhhh you are making me feel guilty!! I guess I know what my new years resolution should be....

yes, I just get distracted easily!

I don't really take party because I'm horrible at most of them... but I really do like seeing others work in the art contests

none (art because I cant draw ;_; )

watching the contests and that I know there are other REAL people left on gaia

that you guys put more effort into the plot than gaia does for our little green leader

I never make it on time v.v (I live in Hawaii so its no fault of yours!)

uh... spirit week?

spirit week o.o

I should be more active lol I'm already part of something great just by being here! :p

I really see it staying the same unless gaia adds a group element game back into the mix

green, entertaining, home, closeknit *for those of you who are able to participate actively anyhow!)

Do you have any other comments? hi, you do good work :p
A guild Spirit Week sounds so fun! We could have theme days for our avatars! Definitely a great idea!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:35 am
Hassli
A guild Spirit Week sounds so fun! We could have theme days for our avatars! Definitely a great idea!

huzzah! 4laugh  

H0lly Daze

Tipsy Swapper

20,350 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Zana Bonanza

Crew

Team Diedrich

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:51 pm
Man I don't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. But uh, since the guild started up, at least. It's been awhile.

Fairly active, I think, maybe. Yes? I try!

Not as active! I should pop in more often. But I forget.

Typically active! I try to join in as much as I can.

You kidding, we got events out the wazoo!

As for entering, I like avatar contests cos they're easy. But I like seeing more of the creative stuff.

RNG, cos they tend to clog up the thread. Then again, they are easy to host...

I like that it's silly and laidback, and everyone's so chill.

It gives me a sense of purpose! I don't do much else on Gaia anymore. Also I like the effect we've had on Diedrich haters. whee

Yes! I like being able to chat in real time with y'all. Can we get a club house?!

Needs more cowbell.

I'mma do a backflip into a swimming pool this summer! It will be totally rad.

I already am something great and awesome in this guild! By virtue of being me, and in this guild. wink

Where do they you see this guild going in the future?

Forward?

Diedrich Diedrich Parties Diedrich

Yes. Will this be on the test?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:40 pm
Zana Bonanza

Yes. Will this be on the test?
Yes. Better study hard.  

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Emailycat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:58 am
Questions
A couple of years(1-2)
Very little sweatdrop
Very little sweatdrop
Very little sweatdrop life doesn't let me get on much.
Yes, I'm just busy at work a lot
Im not good at contests, so I don't do any. crying
N/a crying (really same as above)
Feeling as a community and able to get help if I need it.
It's just awesome and fun.
No. I can't use that function. gonk
N/a
D-day anon gifting?
This!
Being bigger and better than before.
Perfect in every way.
Do you have any other comments? Hi and no you guys are great.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:52 pm
Questions
Uh, I think I joined back in late 2014?

I stop by occasionally. When there's something going on or a planning thing I drop by. The guild announcements help me remember to come by here. I'd be more active if other people quoted me more.

I post fairly often.

I try to participate. It's gotten harder now that I do stuff for Rufus, too, but I like to party as much as the next D-party member.

I think the D-party does a great job hosting events! They aren't too frequent or infrequent--I think you guys have gotten the balance just about perfect.

I like the art contests. I love seeing what people come up with for those, and sometimes I enter for fun, too.

RNGs. I know they're super popular, but they make it nearly impossible to hold conversations in the event threads.

There are lots of parties (events)! The people I've run across in D-party threads are also pretty awesome. It's given me something to keep me interested in Gaia.

The community and fun events Hassli and the crew put together. Gaians have to make their own fun, and I think you guys do a great job with that.

Nah. I'm generally not on during the times those happen, and firefox hates flash.

I like the conversation threads in the guild, like the pub for St. Patrick's Day and similar ones. I'd like to see some more of those between our big events.

Nope. I'm bad at coming up with stuff like that. I would like to see another costume contest for Halloween. That was super fun. I also enjoy the Diedrich Valentines.

Um, more responses to my posts, but I understand that people forget about guilds and you need a certain number of dedicated people keeping to keep them active.

It's going to get a ton of new members if Gaia does something official to coincide with the U.S. presidential election.

We have the parties!

Diedrich for President! Forever!  

MachaGirl

Captain Moonwalker

23,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Master Medic 150

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:37 pm
Added the prize!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:35 pm
I wasn't active enough in the guild last year to answer most of these questions, but I will say that when I tried to go Christmas caroling with the guild during the holiday events it said I had to add the Captain of the guild as a friend to find the group in Towns 2, but it wouldn't let me add him/her.  

Bugsy Jolicoeur

Pierced Lunatic

15,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Fusion Expert 300

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:53 am
Bugsy Jolicoeur
I wasn't active enough in the guild last year to answer most of these questions, but I will say that when I tried to go Christmas caroling with the guild during the holiday events it said I had to add the Captain of the guild as a friend to find the group in Towns 2, but it wouldn't let me add him/her.
weird! We Will try to do a better job in the future!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:41 pm
Hassli
Bugsy Jolicoeur
weird! We Will try to do a better job in the future!

Thank you~  

Bugsy Jolicoeur

Pierced Lunatic

15,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Fusion Expert 300

Arynaria
Crew

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:07 pm
Questions
♥ Hm...since late 2013, early 2014? Don't recall exactly.

♥ Not as active as I'd like to be. Real world is kicking mah butt.

♥ Again, not as active as I'd like to be. I heart you guys.

♥ I tend to just lurk in the background and sneak Diedrich art to Hassli under the table for his nefarious uses. Sometimes I enter art or other contests.

♥ Yes and no. Yes, because it seems like we're always partying, and No, because there's the obligatory "NEVER ENOUGH PARTIES scream " cheer. ^^

♥ Art? Because I art. Also maybe the "pick a name/slogan/etc for ______!" sorta stuff.

♥ The crazy bump-counting and frenzied posting stuff. I can't keep up. eek Well those aren't contests, really. But if they were, then those.

♥ A couple of things. For one, everyone is so friendly, whether you know them or not. Also, as an artist, I often get hit hard with creative blocks, and Diedrich is one of the best things to doodle to get my mind pointed in the right direction again. smile (Plus Hassli gets free art out of the bargain.)

♥ The friendly, upbeat and non-judgmental vibe of its members.

♥ Not really. They don't interest me. I remember when flash space stuff was the COOLEST THING EVER waaaay back before zOMG, but that was years ago, and at this point all the moving avis and flailing legs in one tiny place are more distracting than exciting. But that's just me.

♥ Maybe more involvement in/with other forums? I don't just mean the main ones everyone gravitates to, but basically have a couple of volunteers float around newbie or supportive threads looking for people who stand out as community-oriented and involved-types, and then recruiting them to be even more awesome.

♥ A few, actually!
1) I think it'd be really neat to organize more co-op events with other Guilds, but with a bit of twisted fun, like playing out a ridiculous "player NPC" (you know what I mean) argument in a silly forum battle, or that sort of thing. Normally the staff instigates that stuff, like the Diedrich vs Snowmen thing, but some Gaian-organized "friendly-rivalries" would definitely draw attention. (And they could end up cannon, for all we know.)
2) More varied contests. It seems like always the same bunch of contest types, which is fine, and they should stick around, but add other unique ones. Different types of art themes, like "design your own Diedrich item!" for example (not that it would get made, but Gaians have such cool ideas it'd be a shame to not even see them). Maybe challenge people to write or even record a "rap battle" between characters à la "Epic Rap Battles of History", or "make an avi/draw/write about Diedrich (or whoever) Steampunk/Goth/Lolita/etc style", but with a twist that they have to include a particular item or something.
3) How about a yearly "D-Party Yearbook" of some kind? An organized collection of art from that year, writings, notable forum posts, events, shout-outs from users, contest winners, "ads" for people's art or service threads, and any other submitted content, along with a "group shot" of submitted D-Party member avis dressed for the occasion. All the content could be gleaned with a bit of cooperation, for sure. I mean, look at the fancy Newsletters other guilds come out with. We can do that too!
4) I think there should be more ways for D-Party members to get to know each other - not just "Hey, we both like Diedrich!", or the once-a-year Secret Santa, or the occasional "pub" thread, but creating more genuine opportunities to make new, lasting friends. Maybe a regular-ish more friend-making-focused event of some kind? I haven't thought it all through, but the idea may be worth looking into.

♥ From what I've seen over the years, entering contests seems to garner the most attention to one's username. Being super active in party threads also helps, especially if you're replying to practically everyone. But otherwise I'd say if you want to be heard, be sure to voice your opinions in suggestion threads in the forums or guild.

♥ It will boldly go where no guild has gone before!

♥ Friendliest NPC fanclub ever. If it has to be 4 separate ones: lighthearted, active, community-focused (pretend that's one word), and consistent!

♥ Nope. Just free hugs for all.

Archives: Where all old threads go to die.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games