Welcome to Gaia! ::

The D-Party

Back to Guilds

Because we like Diedrich. And Parties! 

Tags: Diedrich, Grunny, D-Party, Party, President 

Reply Archives: Where all old threads go to die.
New Year Guild Survey Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:19 pm
Arynaria
Questions
How long have you been a member of the D-Party?
♥ Hm...since late 2013, early 2014? Don't recall exactly.

How active are you in the D-Party Guild?
♥ Not as active as I'd like to be. Real world is kicking mah butt.

How active are you in the D-Party Thread?
♥ Again, not as active as I'd like to be. I heart you guys.

How active are you at D-Party Events (such as Diedrich's Birthday party, D-Ster, Spooktacular Halloween, etc)?
♥ I tend to just lurk in the background and sneak Diedrich art to Hassli under the table for his nefarious uses. Sometimes I enter art or other contests.

Did the D-Party host enough events during the year to keep your interest? Please explain.
♥ Yes and no. Yes, because it seems like we're always partying, and No, because there's the obligatory "NEVER ENOUGH PARTIES scream " cheer. ^^

What are your favorite D-party contests and why?
♥ Art? Because I art. Also maybe the "pick a name/slogan/etc for ______!" sorta stuff.

What are your LEAST favorite D-Party contests and why?
♥ The crazy bump-counting and frenzied posting stuff. I can't keep up. eek Well those aren't contests, really. But if they were, then those.

What do you enjoy most about being a member of the D-Party?
♥ A couple of things. For one, everyone is so friendly, whether you know them or not. Also, as an artist, I often get hit hard with creative blocks, and Diedrich is one of the best things to doodle to get my mind pointed in the right direction again. smile (Plus Hassli gets free art out of the bargain.)

What makes you proud to be part of the D-Party?
♥ The friendly, upbeat and non-judgmental vibe of its members.

Did you participate in Flash Space Meet Ups? Why or why not? How can we improve flash space meet ups?
♥ Not really. They don't interest me. I remember when flash space stuff was the COOLEST THING EVER waaaay back before zOMG, but that was years ago, and at this point all the moving avis and flailing legs in one tiny place are more distracting than exciting. But that's just me.

How do you think the D-Party could improve for next year?
♥ Maybe more involvement in/with other forums? I don't just mean the main ones everyone gravitates to, but basically have a couple of volunteers float around newbie or supportive threads looking for people who stand out as community-oriented and involved-types, and then recruiting them to be even more awesome.

Do you have any awesome ideas for 2016?
♥ A few, actually!
1) I think it'd be really neat to organize more co-op events with other Guilds, but with a bit of twisted fun, like playing out a ridiculous "player NPC" (you know what I mean) argument in a silly forum battle, or that sort of thing. Normally the staff instigates that stuff, like the Diedrich vs Snowmen thing, but some Gaian-organized "friendly-rivalries" would definitely draw attention. (And they could end up cannon, for all we know.)
2) More varied contests. It seems like always the same bunch of contest types, which is fine, and they should stick around, but add other unique ones. Different types of art themes, like "design your own Diedrich item!" for example (not that it would get made, but Gaians have such cool ideas it'd be a shame to not even see them). Maybe challenge people to write or even record a "rap battle" between characters à la "Epic Rap Battles of History", or "make an avi/draw/write about Diedrich (or whoever) Steampunk/Goth/Lolita/etc style", but with a twist that they have to include a particular item or something.
3) How about a yearly "D-Party Yearbook" of some kind? An organized collection of art from that year, writings, notable forum posts, events, shout-outs from users, contest winners, "ads" for people's art or service threads, and any other submitted content, along with a "group shot" of submitted D-Party member avis dressed for the occasion. All the content could be gleaned with a bit of cooperation, for sure. I mean, look at the fancy Newsletters other guilds come out with. We can do that too!
4) I think there should be more ways for D-Party members to get to know each other - not just "Hey, we both like Diedrich!", or the once-a-year Secret Santa, or the occasional "pub" thread, but creating more genuine opportunities to make new, lasting friends. Maybe a regular-ish more friend-making-focused event of some kind? I haven't thought it all through, but the idea may be worth looking into.

What is the best way to have your voice heard in this guild? What would make you feel like you are part of something great and awesome that is this guild?
♥ From what I've seen over the years, entering contests seems to garner the most attention to one's username. Being super active in party threads also helps, especially if you're replying to practically everyone. But otherwise I'd say if you want to be heard, be sure to voice your opinions in suggestion threads in the forums or guild.

Where do you see this guild going in the future?
♥ It will boldly go where no guild has gone before!

If you could describe the guild in 4 words, what would it be?
♥ Friendliest NPC fanclub ever. If it has to be 4 separate ones: lighthearted, active, community-focused (pretend that's one word), and consistent!

Do you have any other comments?
♥ Nope. Just free hugs for all.
ALL THE DIEDRICH LOVE ARTS!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:56 pm
Questions

Since November of 2015. I checked! Haha. emotion_facepalm

Sadly, not as much as I would like. I mostly just lurk, vote for things when I can, read guild announcements, and see what others are doing around the forums area.

I try to be. But it probably doesnt help that I dont post a lot... I do lurk around though as mentioned above.

How active are you at D-Party Events (such as Diedrich's Birthday party, D-Ster, Spooktacular Halloween, etc)?
I try to participate/give feedback when I am on-line and real world things arent keeping me busy. Japan was fun though, and I know I've participated in a few of these events listed; or at least voted in contests for winners.

Did the D-Party host enough events during the year to keep your interest? Please explain.
From what I have seen since being here, yes. I thus far enjoy the events.

All the ones I've seen have been pretty nice. I'm not sure if I can pick just one.

The flash events. While I want to participate, firefox hates flash.

Diedrich. Oh, and parties.

The community and the overall crew members who run the guild, making everything possible. You guys rock, seriously. Everyone has been helpful in either answering questions or participating in events; its nice to see Gaia still alive.

Did you participate in Flash Space Meet Ups? Why or why not? How can we improve flash space meet ups?
No, but I wish I did. As mentioned before, firefox hates flash.

I think with the announcements you all have been posting; I've been able to keep up with everything going on with the guild. So keep doing what you all are doing! emotion_bigheart

Hm. Club house? Because club houses are fun!

What is the best way to have your voice heard in this guild? What would make you feel like you are part of something great and awesome that is this guild?
The best way to make your voice hear in this guild is to do things like this, getting our opinions as members. This has already made me feel a part of a community, which is awesome, so... Enough said.

Hopefully I will be more active to see the improvements made with the suggestions by the members using these questions - Though I think you all have been doing a nice job thus far; I hope the guild stays active. ~ ^_^

Party. Diedrich. Active. Green.

Hopefully I answered all questions correctly - I'm not a fan of tests. Thank you all for being you. Stay as you are, wonderful.

Shappire

Fusselkeks

Astral Nymph

20,190 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:50 am
I think I joined around last spring or early summer

I'll have to admit that I'm not really active, I'm more of a lurker

Not much... I'm stalking threads, prefering reading to writing myself

I try to participate, I think I did for the Birthday party and Summer Camp, but mostly real-life keeps me away from it

I'd say yes. There are lots of different events with different ways to participate so that everyone has the chance to join in the fun

I liked them all so far, so can I just say "All of them because they are cool"?

None, 'cause they are all cool

Diedrich and the Parties and the people here

The D-Party community is just so awesome, like the crew members and everyone else, this guild is just so alive

I've never participated as the Meet Ups always seem to be when I'm at work/not at home or don't have the time to sit in front of my computer

Keep on doing like you did last year, this guild already rocks and I don't know how to improve its awesomeness

MORE PARTIES, Flash Meet Ups at times I can join (I know I'm selfish) and to have Diedrich win the election of course

The best way to have my voice heard? To post my opinions in different threads and answer surveys like this, or if I have a problem perhaps ask some members for help

I think this guild will stay as active as it is (or get even more lively) and I hope to be able to participate more in events/contests to enjoy this liveliness

awesome, friendly, green, DIEDRICH

Thank you for reading my humble words, I love this guild and it's members, you are awesome  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:51 pm
How long have you been a member of the D-Party? I think almost since I started on Gaia, which is about a year ago.

How active are you in the D-Party Guild? I try to be, especially in contests because I like getting creative, so I'd say I'm moderately active.

How active are you in the D-Party Thread? Not so much, but to be fair I also am not in any of the forums often.

How active are you at D-Party Events (such as Diedrich's Birthday party, D-Ster, Spooktacular Halloween, etc)? Pretty active, because again I like creative stuff.

Did the D-Party host enough events during the year to keep your interest? Yes, I found the D-Party's involvement in not only in holiday events, but in NPC events great! If you did more I would not complain though.

What are your favorite D-party contests and why? I like ones where we get to dress up Diedrich, because he is very versatile for fashion, and I especially like our Heartbreak Cafe contests. I like the variety of options, I like the choice of prizes.
What are your LEAST favorite D-Party contests and why? You know, despite how much I love discussing politics, the new slogan contest didn't hold much appeal to me. I know he will be our forever president.

What do you enjoy most about being a member of the D-Party? I like how well everyone gets along on the common ground that we love Diedrich. No one here has been rude at all.

What makes you proud to be part of the D-Party? Winner's pride, man. Haha, I'm also proud of our group participation.

Did you participate in Flash Space Meet Ups? Why or why not? How can we improve flash space meet ups? I do not, because it often runs at a time I am not available, and I don't go on these flash spaces very often at all. I do not know in which ways you may need improvement.

How do you think the D-Party could improve for next year? You're doing great. No need for improvement as far as I can see. Maybe, if you're feeling like SOMETHING has to be done, find creative ways to get greater participation in forum discussions.

Do you have any awesome ideas for 2016? Yes, but not for the guild.

What is the best way to have your voice heard in this guild? What would make you feel like you are part of something great and awesome that is this guild? I think getting involved with all of the events is the best way to be heard, being familiar with the staff and other members that way. You already ask people to get involved with constructing events, so I believe that we all already have the opportunity to be part of this greatness and awesomeness you speak of.

Where do you see this guild going in the future? I see it steadily moving along in its same, awesome way.

If you could describe the guild in 4 words, what would it be? Upbeat, Green, Sweet, Fun

Do you have any other comments? LONG LIVE PRESIDENT DIEDRICH!  

Snoekie Koekie

Shirtless Blob

12,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Suzie Rue

Divine Titan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:23 pm
Questions
How long have you been a member of the D-Party? almost 2 years

How active are you in the D-Party Guild? as much as I can

How active are you in the D-Party Thread? not as much as I should

How active are you at D-Party Events (such as Diedrich's Birthday party, D-Ster, Spooktacular Halloween, etc)? modrately- I sometimes enter but always vote

Did the D-Party host enough events during the year to keep your interest? Please explain.yes

What are your favorite D-party contests and why? avatar

What are your LEAST favorite D-Party contests and why?story telling

What do you enjoy most about being a member of the D-Party?events

What makes you proud to be part of the D-Party?everything

Did you participate in Flash Space Meet Ups? Why or why not? How can we improve flash space meet ups?have trouble getting online for them

How do you think the D-Party could improve for next year?not sure

Do you have any awesome ideas for 2016? thinking

just post!
Where do you see this guild going in the future? Diedrich becomes president

If you could describe the guild in 4 words, what would it be? We all love Diedrich

Do you have any other comments? nope  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 pm
Questions
How long have you been a member of the D-Party?Almost 2 Years, I think?

How active are you in the D-Party Guild? Normally try to be active, but I was off Gaia for about 6 months...

How active are you in the D-Party Thread? It's 75% of my activity.

How active are you at D-Party Events (such as Diedrich's Birthday party, D-Ster, Spooktacular Halloween, etc)?I try to always participate!

Did the D-Party host enough events during the year to keep your interest? Please explain.I wasn't here for a few of them, But definitely.

What are your favorite D-party contests and why? I like all of them as long as they are unique and fair and FUN.

What are your LEAST favorite D-Party contests and why? Any that take a long time

What do you enjoy most about being a member of the D-Party?The kind staff

What makes you proud to be part of the D-Party?We're awesome! (And we all look great in green)

Did you participate in Flash Space Meet Ups? Why or why not? How can we improve flash space meet ups?Not really... Not against you. I've never really been fond of Flash Space.

How do you think the D-Party could improve for next year?Make participation easier for newcomers?

Do you have any awesome ideas for 2016? Just stay the same and respect the Diedrich!

What is the best way to have your voice heard in this guild? What would make you feel like you are part of something great and awesome that is this guild?Suggesting ideas for games or themes

Where do you see this guild going in the future?I can see the guild being an official Gaia guild and being an icon at Gaia.

If you could describe the guild in 4 words, what would it be?Fun, Kind, Green, Love

Do you have any other comments? Stay the awesome guild we are!

Bri The Meerkat

Ice-Cold Guardian

16,875 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Winter Guardian 250

Zana Bonanza

Crew

Team Diedrich

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:12 pm
Bugsy Jolicoeur
I wasn't active enough in the guild last year to answer most of these questions, but I will say that when I tried to go Christmas caroling with the guild during the holiday events it said I had to add the Captain of the guild as a friend to find the group in Towns 2, but it wouldn't let me add him/her.

Did you try to add Hassli, or the D-Party mule? I think that was the first time we did that, and the mule might not have had friend requests opened right away, possibly.

Arynaria

Ack, I love your ideas! Take notes, boss!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:11 am

`.Ooooh, I missed this. I wasn't Crew when these questions were posted, so I'm going to consider these from a regular member's perspective.
Here goes!

Since February 2014.

Wow. I did not expect to find myself on Page 3 of the Introductions thread. I thought I'd have to dig more, for sure.

NOT AS ACTIVE AS I SHOULD BE. RING THE BELLS OF SHAME.

So-so? I try to check in daily, if I can.

It's fun to try and enter the contests, just to give participation numbers a bit of a boost. I tend to miss most happenings thanks to timezone differences, limited Internet access and basically just being asleep while everyone else is rocking out.

//Bias! But you guys were going all out right when I got back, so it's been a great return so far.

Man, the Crew has been great about coming up with interesting little challenges and fun shenanigans, but I like seeing the feedback from the arty sorts of contests best I think, purely from a spectator's standpoint.
As a participant, the themed Avatar contests are pretty great. They tend to be a nice little challenge that lets me hang out with our President in all sorts of scenarios. It's great.
Honestly, though, my favorite bit is the voting bit at the end.
emotion_dowant

Dice rolls and RNGs are great, they are, but they are incredibly spammerific. That can be a bit of a bother.

It's easy to have fun when the people involved are so welcoming and friendly.
Also, Diedrich is easy to just let loose and have fun with. Indulging his ridiculousness is a great way to let off some steam and be silly and decompress a bit.

My fellow members! Party Folks have proven to be great about handling all the negativity our persistent President can inspire, and I'm proud of the fact that we haven't turned into a nest of rude trolls over here. Diedrich support could easily go into murky waters, and I'm glad it hasn't.

I ALWAYS MISS THEM. But that's mostly because, again, I tend to be asleep. Or, things lag and I have to leave. In my case, this is more of a practical set of issues than anything wrong with organizing things. Keep up the good work!

Man, what. You guys are already going at 130%. Guys.

OK. Someone should bring back Friedrich. Friedrich was real. He was. But I'm starting to feel as though he was an elaborate hallucination of some kind because he has disappeared so hard. It's spooky, man. This is Twilight Zone Theme Song stuff right here.
We could have fun with an F-Party or "official" opponent for the upcoming campaign season. Or, wait. Is there an F-Party already maybe? Could we even find them?
ARE THEY ALSO SOME KIND OF SHADOW ORGANIZATION, AS THEIR ELUSIVE LEADER MIGHT INSPIRE?

This is something that depends on our fellow Party members, I think. Just... be active. Interact. What was most surprising back when I found y'all was just the fact that I'd always get a reply, and that the dude in charge was friendly and active and welcoming and not too busy (even though you are very busy, Hassli, how do you even). If there are a bunch of us around doing more to be active, that feeling of being a part of something naturally follows I think.

I was really pleasantly surprised to see how Gaia staff acknowledges a lot of what the D-Party does. I'm curious to see if that might grow in future.

Abandoned (where is everyone?) Presidential Diedrich Hub.

(Reading back through my replies, I should just say "GREAT", 'cause that's apparently the main descriptor I think of when I ponder all things D-Party.)

To be honest, I see the GCD thread as the heart of the D-Party rather than the Guild. This place is great, but it's not the HQ in my head? So I forget to check this place a lot.
Although. I wasn't around for that Party Achievement back when that Donation drive for whatever that was happened. If they could incorporate the Guild in bringing that back, it would be a severe strain on our infrastructure, but if joining the Guild = joining the D-Party could = a Party Member Achievement, that would actually be so great.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

[Elske]-[XXIX]

Crew

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
Archives: Where all old threads go to die.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games