Welcome to Gaia! ::

The D-Party

Back to Guilds

Because we like Diedrich. And Parties! 

Tags: Diedrich, Grunny, D-Party, Party, President 

Reply Archives: Where all old threads go to die.
St. Patty's Day Event

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

D-Party

Vice Captain

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:14 pm
I threw together a quick St. Patrick's Day event.

If you guys are able, it would be good if we could all try to log in periodically to update the prizes given out on that day. If anyone wants to add more prizes from our green item hoarde, by all means do. My introduction is also pretty weak, so if you can think of good jokes to add, that would be cool too! I figure this can be a one-day event so our guild members can do something fun.

Hassli

Zana Bonanza

Inuyasha_roxs_08

Serafiella

systemfailure99

Dyed Zinc

Silenced Nocturne

[Elske]-[XXIX]

Arynaria

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:15 pm
Oh, that was me btw. Forgot I was on Mule-Kun  

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:11 pm
Unrelated, but I got a response from the user events team about Diedrich's birthday

Got a response from the user events team:

Hello Hassli!

Sorry for the delay, we’re excited to help you with this! Let’s go over what we can do for you:

1. We’re more than likely planning an April Fool’s Day event (I haven’t specifically heard of any details, but I imagine we’ll have a forum at the very least) so we can host your thread in that forum.

2. We can ask about having Diedrich show up, we can’t imagine it should be a problem.

3. The art team has agreed to make a toxic recolor of the Flock of Diedrichs, we’ll have it ready for you a few days before your event starts up.

4. We’re unsure about the achievement at the moment, the problem we ran into with the Annual Ball achievement is that it did require dev to create a script for it which took up the extra time. We’ll see if we can get dev to agree to set aside some time for this.

5. Absolutely would be happy to promote this on social media and an announcement, we’re going to WonderCon so we may even promote it at our panel!

I believe this should cover everything, let me know if you need anything else!

Sincerely,

The User Events Team  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:19 pm
I did a slight rewrite. Feel free to butcher/edit. I just figured I'd make it a bit sillier.

Quote:
Hello! Hi! Hello! HEY! HOW ARE YOU?!

Did you know Diedrich takes Saint Patrick's Day very seriously? If you are not wearing green, he will pinch you! He will pinch you and it will hurt because he has very small hands. Trust me on this. I know. But he's also excited that there is a whole holiday celebrating green stuff like him!

So break out your best green outfits and come celebrate with us! Any shade will do, as long as it is green! Do not forget, because ONLY PEOPLE WEARING GREEN will be eligible for prizes! You do not have to be green from head to toe, but it helps!

Oh! We have a special panel of leprechauns ready to silently judge your holiday outfits. Well, in theory at least. Did you know that wearing green makes you invisible to leprechauns? It's true! Leprechauns also pinch people not wearing green, but do not mistake them for Diedrich, because Diedrich would never wear such silly shoes!

We're also doing a small RNG game to celebrate! The staff will hang around until the prizes run out, so good luck!

Regarding the leprechaun thing, I wonder if it'd be fun to have the staff either dress as leprechauns, or at least use leprechauns in their avis while the event lasts. I was thinking that the "leprechaun judge panel" thing could be fleshed out, like having two costume contest categories - one for the best green avi, and another for looking the most "St. Patrick's Day"-like while wearing the least amount of green (since the leprechauns would be able to see those). Thoughts?  

Arynaria
Crew

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50

Zana Bonanza

Crew

Team Diedrich

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:17 pm
Hassli
Unrelated, but I got a response from the user events team about Diedrich's birthday

Huzzah! Our nagging was a success!

Arynaria

Regarding the leprechaun thing, I wonder if it'd be fun to have the staff either dress as leprechauns, or at least use leprechauns in their avis while the event lasts. I was thinking that the "leprechaun judge panel" thing could be fleshed out, like having two costume contest categories - one for the best green avi, and another for looking the most "St. Patrick's Day"-like while wearing the least amount of green (since the leprechauns would be able to see those). Thoughts?

Well, it's only going to be a one day event, so I think the RNG should be enough. But I do like the leprechaun thing--maybe we could give out little prizes to random people who fit the themes?

I'll be able to check the mule early on and later that night.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:46 am
Fantastic rewrite!

Agreed about the one-day event thing, but I like the idea of giving out prizes for avatars during the day. Silly prizes!  

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Archives: Where all old threads go to die.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games