Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Recycle Bin
Adrian Thorn (Osiris)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nightwing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:29 am
User Image

What is their name?
Adrian Thorn

Do they have any nicknames/aliases?
Osiris

How old are they?
Thirty

What is their gender?
Male

Are they human or deviant?
Deviant

What is their sexual orientation?
Heterosexual

What are their powers/abilities?
Accelerated Probability - Adrian can sense all the variables of any situation, predict the outcomes and what choices one could make to reach the conclusion they want. When utilizing this ability, he can sense paths projected in front of him, illuminating possible courses of action. He can then foresee the best tactic and accelerate his self along that path. Because of this Adrian can intuitively read others' body language, allowing them to anticipate their actions and respond accordingly, often allowing the user to predict opponent's attacks.

Telepathic Negation - kind of explains itself, no?

During his nine years of training Adrian practiced Judo, Tae Kwon Do, Wing Chun, and Jujutsu and is mastery level at all of them.

Do they have any notable weaknesses?
-Cannot predict an outcome that has a 0% chance of happening for themselves.
-Even after predicting how to achieve wanted outcome, user only has limited number of changes to get it right.
-May be overwhelmed by the number of options.
-How far the user could see in the outcome may depend.

What is their personality like?
Adrian is known to be a kind, caring, selfless, moral individual. But when under the guise of his persona, Osiris, he's cold, cruel, sadistic, ruthless, and unstable

What is their backstory?
Adrian Thorn was born sometime around 1987 to Marissa and James Thorn who were the heads of Thorn Inc, a Multi International Trade Corporation. Being the youngest heir to two of the most wealthy persons was well just how you'd imagine it to be. Adrian lead a very comfortable life and was assumed to be the next heir when the time was right, He had a bright future ahead of him and had gifts that were immediately accepted by his mother. His father on the other hand preferred he didn't use them.

Growing up Adrian learned about his gifts with the guidance of his mother and became pretty proficient in using them during his high school stint. It helped him go far in becoming top of his class but that was more or less due to his own potential as a student and not his ability. In 2005, he was accepted into Harvard and there was an exceptionally remarkable student.

After college he was expected to be welcomed into the company and so forth. However in 2008, Adrian's mother was murdered by a deviant in cold blood because they were let go from their position. The pursuer followed her one night while she was leaving and stabbed her multiple times then left her to die on the busy NYC sidewalk. When he heard of the news, this absolutely crushed Adrian's life in ways he would never be able to recover from. He went from being a happy and loved individual to a dark and hateful one. He was closest to his mother than his father who put the company first during his upbringing. It was a good thing her death happened at the end of his college tenure or he would've dropped out for sure because his head space was unfathomable at the time.

He was twenty-one and suddenly his whole life seemed like nothing. He was a walking, breathing stereotypical character and he knew it. This caused a change as he decided against going to work for his father to learn their company, and instead sought to learn Martial arts for years at a Dojo in Philly. There he also competed in a series underground fights getting his a** whooped all to numb the pain. But he couldn't. It wasn't until he heard about that same deviant who murdered his mother breaking out of prison that he decided justice would be taken into his own hands. And while Adrian wanted to murder the man—he wanted to do it in a way where he wouldn't have to rot for life. He needed to become someone else entirely, something else. So he created up a persona for that very purpose, one that would conceal his identity and used his degree in Criminology & Forensic Science to track down his mother's killer. When he finally did, he did so not as himself but as Osiris for the first time.

Osiris kidnapped and beat the man to near death for days while cops searched relentlessly for him. Little did they know, they would never find him if Osiris had anything to do with it. Osiris in those long, long, days learned to torture and he learned to enjoy doing it. In the end, he put his mother's murderer out of his misery the same way he did to her.

And after, Adrian was a changed man. He was happier. He loved doing what he did and didn't regret it for a second. He also figured that if he wanted to continue doing it then he should join Providence as an agent and use the machine as a cover so that he could find deviants on a larger scale and kill them. Each and every single one of them. Because in the end, every deviant was the same to him. They would one day be a murderer and ruin some poor kid's life like his.

Which is why it was fitting he took on the name of Osiris, 'Lord of the Underworld'. Adrian would reign supreme over all deviants and be their judge and jury.

Is there anything else we need to know?

-Adopted his name from the Egyptian God and 'Lord of the Underworld'.
-Hates Deviants.
-Rich beyond your wildest imagination
-Skilled hand to hand fighter.
-Has a very high intellect
-Osiris should be known to the public as he's killed more than a handful of deviants since his first kill in late 2010.
-Uses arrows, throwing shurikens, knives, etc.
-He's also a proficient marksman

What is their faceclaim?
Josh Segarra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:36 pm
iGeha

As entertaining as I think it is for someone who hates deviants to have maintained a charade, I feel it would be difficult, since a single telepathic deviant could ******** that all up. I'm not entirely against it, though.  

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Nightwing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:44 pm
Santiago Campos
iGeha

As entertaining as I think it is for someone who hates deviants to have maintained a charade, I feel it would be difficult, since a single telepathic deviant could ******** that all up. I'm not entirely against it, though.

Hmm I see...

Off the top of my head, to keep that from being an option is 'Telepathic Negation'. Basically insuring no one is able to go poking around in there. And it could probably work too since I've alluded several times in the profile he's very smart and has learned several fighting techniques. Maybe he'd have gained this from meditation or just be a sub skill. Would you be alright with that? Otherwise I could try to find something else.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:03 pm
iGeha

I don't consider telepathy something you can accurately train your mind against. I suppose it would make sense if it were a power, but then he'd be the Uncle Ruckus of the guild.  

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Nightwing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:28 pm
Santiago Campos
iGeha

I don't consider telepathy something you can accurately train your mind against. I suppose it would make sense if it were a power, but then he'd be the Uncle Ruckus of the guild.

Then by your graces if allowed as a power, it is what he will be. c:  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:47 am
It seems legitimate to me, approved.  

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Recycle Bin

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items