Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Recycle Bin
// (UC)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yama Lazarus

Clockwork Guardian

12,465 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What is their name?

Do they have any nicknames/aliases?
-

How old are they?

What is their gender?
Male

What is their sexual orientation?
Homosexual

Are they human or deviant?
Deviant

Shadow Matter

Shadow Matter

Shadow matter manipulation

He is able to shape anti/dark/shadow matter into objects yet it's still basic since it hasn't been trained yet. Once he becomes framilier with a object he is able to recreate it and use it.

Loke has a basic understanding of his powers. His power can be classified as creation, disruption, and manipulation.

((Shadow matter manipulation first appeared in X men in x men destines ))

1. Flash: using his power to manipulate shadows he can teleport short distances around 1/2 a block in any direction.

Basic. If trained he could go farther. Right now he can only go anywhere he can see

1. Shadow slash: this is a skill only Loke can do from training with a sword. In the shadow of his sword he can create a anti matter blade under neath it hiding it creating a fake out attack.
2. All clear: when projectiles are headed towards Loke he can swipe his hand out and creates sweep of shadow matter to knock the projectiles out of the sky or negate it. Short range

Stating out he can only knock bullets out of the sky not other deviants powers

1. Project: while the shadow matter is covering his hands he is able to defend block against bullets and sharp objects. When it's comes to other deviants powers he can only reduce the damage not completely block it.

Can only be used on his hands

4. Ethereal Blades: useing his control over Shadow Matter he is able to create blades where ever he can kick or punch. If he kicks in a arch shadow matter Blades will appear increasing the range and the danger of the attack. They disappear shortly after

Mastery lvl. fighting attack offensive.

Matter creation: the ability to recreate and maintain a object he is framilier with for an extended period of time.

-sword

-hands

Death regeneration: This is a passive that Loke has and dose not know. Loke when he dies will come back fully healed though it will take time the first time. First time it will take him one irl day. Than after training it for awhile after unlocking it he can die and come back in combat. This does not make him invincible he can be paralyzed, knocked out, or even have his legs broken or cut off and he won't be able to fight till he dies and comes back again.

The negative is he can not be healed by a deviants power or by any other means. He can heal naturally like a normal human or kill his self. This isn't active or a thing till he's been killed in rp.

Do they have any notable weaknesses?
His Loner audited, he will work with others but because he won't get along with very many people he can not do joint attacks like combining powers for an attack with some one else.

What is their personality like?

Cold, Will never back down unless it's pointless, If he has a choice he will do things on his own loner, Determined, Prideful, serious, power hungry for a reason.

What is their backstory?

Is there anything else we need to know?

- Will all ways chose the path where he is able to get stronger over whats moraly right.

- He is a observer in most cases and will not initiate a fight unless his ideals or he is challenged. But just because he won't start fight's does not mean he will not kill someone with out hesitation.

-He will not talk to some one unless it has a purpose or if he doesn't find them interesting.

- His fighting style is mainly for loner fighting style one on one

- He will try to train during the story to get stronger and if interrupted during training will be angry but if disturbed during meditation will lash out and try to strike the person down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:11 pm
Sensai Yama

Concepts of soul and spirit are not considered valid. A good example of what sort of powers we strive for are any of the X-Men films.  

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:38 pm
I don't mean to impose, though these are my immediate concerns.

• The powers aside, the profile formatting is incorrect. "Soul Manipulation" is in the wrong spot, replacing what should say, "What are their powers/abilities?"
• We don't encourage "mixed powers", that is to say you generally have one particular array of abilities, such as a pyrokinetic who merely controls fire, or a cryokinetic who only controls ice. I suggest you refer to the superpower wiki for additional ideas. Even if some the powers are listed, it's important to specify the level of mastery/their capabilities with each power, since characters with the "same" powers differ in skill.
• While the backstory isn't so heavily a problem, it is very personal, and doesn't correlate with the events mentioned at all. It doesn't state a side he's taken, or even his own beliefs on the matter.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:58 pm
Sensai Yama

I spoke to a few of the other guild members to consider the new changes and if there's anything I've missed that they could point out, and this was what they agreed upon.

He does not fit the theme.

It's come to my attention that the character appears "off the theme", so to speak. I feel his face-claim isn't very fitting (a cosplayer, I'm assuming), nor does it match the sort of standard we look for in characters. And his name's not even Japanese with no explanation there? I suppose I wouldn't fret over it under normal circumstances, but I don't believe the others can take him seriously in his current state, and we wouldn't want that. He's very anime-esque both in appearance and backstory, and that's not really what the guild is about. His backstory needs to be expanded upon.

There needs to be an extended period of reviewing/expansion for his tale.

His backstory is very segmented and strays from raw information. While I don't mind personality subtly implied in a backstory, members will refer to profiles primarily for factual information. I feel the backstory lacks in depth. It needs to be more fleshed out, elaborating on his reasoning without resorting to direct quotes, since it seems like he's telling us his story rather than a third-person account of his life up to this point. It's very spaced out and provides many extraneous details. I'm more interested in his involvement with the story. Otherwise, it's little grammatical errors. We really shouldn't be seeing "cuz" used in a semi-literate and above role-play.  

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Recycle Bin

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas