Welcome to Gaia! ::

The D-Party

Back to Guilds

Because we like Diedrich. And Parties! 

Tags: Diedrich, Grunny, D-Party, Party, President 

Reply Archives: Where all old threads go to die.
Easter Event Ideas! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mauchii

Ruthless Phantom

12,640 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Lightbulb 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 am
How about the Grunniest Idol?? 3nodding
And the grunny Round up in zomg like they once had it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:41 am
Hassli
I worry that we might make our friends at E-Corp mad if we suggested Diedrich could be the Easter Bunny. D:

Good call! Let's not ruffle any feathers!

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:20 am

Just watching the video update, they've mentioned "everyone's favorite green bunny."
            o.O
            Think Diedrich will be featured in this Easter event?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 pm
GreenInkling

Just watching the video update, they've mentioned "everyone's favorite green bunny."
            o.O
            Think Diedrich will be featured in this Easter event?
I hope so!  

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

enchanter45

Magic Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Deal Me In 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:35 am
best egg themed costume
best drawn bunny(or grunny)
Town pride  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:11 am

Some sort of RIG game about dyeing Easter eggs...?
            (I love Easter eggs.)

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

IchiLoveTan

Unsealed Buddy

10,925 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:53 am
Dice roll egg hunt?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:53 pm
Battleship-style Egg Hunt. Or whatever you wanna call it, cuz that's a lame name.

This is a slightly complex idea, but bear with me.

What if we set up a very big "lawn" grid in Google Sheets (or a PNG, or graph paper if you wanna go old school) and "hide" some number of "eggs" at certain X-Y coordinates. The amount hidden would be reasonable for the grid size, number of prizes we have, and number of people expected to play. The egg coords would be recorded (or saved in a separate crew-only sheet/image) and the publicly-viewable grid would then be cleared, or an "empty lawn" image with a grid would be used.

We tell people the min and max that X and Y can be based on the grid size, and whoever wants to play can stake a claim at a particular set of coordinates in the hope that there's an egg there. Each person can choose only one set of coordinates, and once a square is claimed it's got that user's name on it (easy to do if it's in Google Sheets), but we can adjust the grid size and number of eggs hidden if there are more players than expected.

At the end of the event, the "lawn" is revealed and whoever staked out a square with an egg in it gets a prize. Kind of like a scratch card lottery, I guess. If you don't want to wait till the end, someone would have to constantly update the image and prizes as people reveal winning squares, which would be a lot easier if it was a sheets thing. But if it's all revealed at the end, either can work, and you'd only need to X out claimed squares.

If you want to go the image route, I could probably make up a "game card" with a purdy D-ster-ish grid that would work the same way. It'd require a bit more fussing in Photoshop for artistic purposes and periodically marking claimed squares (which technically anyone can do and then re-upload), but people like purdy things.

I hope I explained that well enough, because the idea sounds a lot cooler in my head. User Image  

Arynaria
Crew

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50

Inuyasha_roxs_08

Crew

Toxic Treasure

22,490 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:42 pm
Gaia Actually Did Things For EASTER

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY

SO MANY THINGS

Diedrich sitting on that egg...it's just too damn cute

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:01 pm
Hassli

Since there's an actual Eastery thing going on, is my battleship-egg-whatever idea worth setting up at all? With everyone running around and obsessing over zOMG and stuff, a user event might get lost in the noise. This idea thread has been pretty quiet too, so I don't know how much more planning would need to be done (if any), or if it's better to put it all on the backburner for a future event.  

Arynaria
Crew

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50

D-Party

Vice Captain

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 pm
Arynaria
Hassli

Since there's an actual Eastery thing going on, is my battleship-egg-whatever idea worth setting up at all? With everyone running around and obsessing over zOMG and stuff, a user event might get lost in the noise. This idea thread has been pretty quiet too, so I don't know how much more planning would need to be done (if any), or if it's better to put it all on the backburner for a future event.
Yeah, I think so. Our easter events are usually pretty chill because it's right after April Fool's and we're so burnt out! I pumped out a fast set up basically using last year's thread as a guide!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Creamy Filling
Hassli
Creamy Filling
"Draw the D-ster Bonnet"
what is a d-ster bonnet? Is that a thing?

The Easter Bonnet is traditionally an exceptionally fancy hat, which fascinates Diedrich (I think). Draw one for him. (or maybe even make one and upload pics?)
Sorry I went with egg decorating instead of the bonnet idea. I couldn't find a good template. D:  

D-Party

Vice Captain

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Arynaria
Crew

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:21 pm
D-Party
Arynaria

Yeah, I think so. Our easter events are usually pretty chill because it's right after April Fool's and we're so burnt out! I pumped out a fast set up basically using last year's thread as a guide!

If that's the case then I'll add it to my projects list and maybe come up with a more fleshed out game card template for another time. It doesn't have to be Easter eggs either, just a theme that would make sense with the grid-square-lottery format. I don't know how feasible it will actually be as a forum game, but it's probably worth trying at least once.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:26 pm
Arynaria
Hassli

I pretty much just threw something together! I dropped the ball. Easter is hard to set up so fast after a birthday event!  

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Arynaria
Crew

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:31 pm
Hassli
Arynaria

I pretty much just threw something together! I dropped the ball. Easter is hard to set up so fast after a birthday event!

Um..btw, where's the link to it? Unless I'm missing something terribly obvious, I haven't seen one anywhere. And the first page banner link in the main thread is still the slumber party.  
Archives: Where all old threads go to die.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games