Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
Providence HQ (Washington DC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:41 pm
Naturally, others nodded along; his plan could certainly yield results. Eventually, someone spoke up, one who disagreed. “We can’t just poison the water; there are innocent civilians. It’s a city, not a fortress!” It was inhumane to endanger so many lives; such reckless thinking was no better than the genocidal views of their enemies.

“How can you claim innocence? We are at war, and they are the enemy! I doubt they share your sentiment when it comes to the price of innocent lives,” replied a more aggressive individual. He needn’t give examples to establish his credibility in that regard. It was no pleasure to threaten those who weren’t even fighting, but they made the wrong choice to join the enemy, whether out of fear or genuine agreement in their beliefs.

However, a third voice entered the picture, who questioned the likelihood of the plan—if they acted on it—would succeed at all. “Who’s to say they won’t merely purify the water, have alternative sources of power, or be independent of food lines? It’s a city of deviants; we cannot forget that fact, even if only a small handful are truly competent with their gifts. While I understand the practical aspect, we have insufficient information about the city, merely rumors. I hear they may already have contingencies, all else is merely to exercise power.”

“Do you really believe they’ll have deviants powerful enough to sustain an entire city? I doubt it.”

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:28 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

User Image User Image User Image

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“There were those who would have been better off if you had simply killed them.” Unfortunately she was all too familiar with his methods. Those few times she had arrived somewhere just a little to late had been the worst. Fighting Mathis had been hard, or so she told herself. Seeing him across whatever battlefield and knowing she would soon attempt to kill him had been hard. The actual act of fighting him had been fun in a strange way, though she would never admit it. But arriving somewhere a few hours after he had left. Seeing the maimed and broken. Alvin may very well be lucky they were dead compared to what the alternative might have been. With Mathis's answer it was very easy for her to picture how things might have unfolded, and Lexi found herself trapped with conflicting opinions. The thought that he had killed a pregnant woman and her children turned her stomach, but Mathis was not wrong. They shouldn't have been at a Providence Outpost in the first place. “Evidently he can, because he does regardless of logic. Watch yourself around him.” She responded, settling on a more neutral answer since she found herself unable to either condemn or condone his actions.

It was then that Leon stood up, the first to offer a plan. Naturally others began to argue it's pro's and con's. The most ignorant statement was that all they knew about about the city was rumors. If they were wise, they would ask Mathis. “What would you do?” She asked while the others debated.

Jan 27 2013

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 pm
Mathis Mathews

Mathis noted Lexi's neutral answer but he said nothing. Neutrality was best for her, she hadn't yet made enemies in Providence so she could preserve their good opinion of her. Nobody liked him, not after what he had said and done. He even felt the cold shoulder from Augustine who had once been close to a friend. She had watched him permanently scar his hands in order to help her control a test and she believed that he truly had turned at some point. Then there was Lexi, who had also believed him beyond saving at some time. Hell he had come back for reasons of his own and he hadn't expected a warm greeting but it was hard. He didn't think he should say anything but Leon posed an idea Mathis agreed with and Lexi asked what he would do so Mathis stood and spoke above the bickering. "I know first had that the Dominion can sustain Nova Diem long enough to repair anything we do. Poisoning the water and food will not bring them down." He spoke sternly and loudly but never paused long enough for anyone to interject. "If you really wanted to take the city, you would strike from the southeast. It is still in development and the defenses are not as strong but you will not be able to hold it. Not forever. This method, it's too direct. That is the problem with Providence, a problem I learned to exploit. You're all impatient. You seek a grand stoke to win the war but you ignore the fact that the Dominion is stronger. They spent years building influence while Providence sat in it's status. If you want to destroy something that spent years creating itself, you have to start at the roots. We need people in Nova Diem. People who can quietly spread the rumor that the Dominion is losing it's grip on it's prize city. People who can turn the deviant opinion in the city. Then, once the seeds of doubt are planted, you should attack the southeast side of the city. You'll win the initial attack and if the citizens doubt the Dominion, if you can hold the southeast side for a week... well a demoralized militia is no more useful than a dull knife. That is how you take the city. Turn the people to your side and show them that Providence can beat the Dominion. You won't take it by making the people suffer."

Date: January 27, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:01 am
Santiago Campos
Deadly_Tiger

User Image
Takuto Ishikawa

User ImageUser Image

He finished the wiring just in time. He was also invited to stay so he decided to contribute. "Well while that idea has potential, isn't our goal to avoid innocent deaths? Can you damn someone for choosing what looks like safety? Basic survival instincts." He said We can prehaps go with a misdirection. I found where they try to get into our system and fail. Prehaps we can let them believe they found some great intel and through subterfuge get then to a position where we can take them by surprise. Going along the lines of attackin image I can likey hack into sites the people use most in Nova and poision thier minds agint thier goverment. You be suprised how powerful internet rumors can be. Perhaps they can be sneaky and manipulative like the enemy has been.  

CatWaffle

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:34 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Right on the heels of Takuto suggestion another voice, feminine and British, spoke up from the outermost ring of the setup. “Before we decide anything, why is the traitor here?!” Lexi’s heart sunk as she recognized the voice of her friend turned frienime upon Mathis’s return. She turned to see the red head standing as Carmen continued speaking. “He is just going to report back to the Dominion whatever we decide here, isn’t that right Harley?”

“Carmen, this isn’t the place.”

“This is exactly the place, he shouldn’t be here! You shouldn’t be anywhere near him!”

“Can’t you trust that Providence trusts him enough to be here?” Lexi asked while ignoring the comment on who she should and shouldn’t be near.

“Only because you trust him and he has you wrapped around his little finger.”

Clearly engaging Carmen wasn’t going to get her anywhere, and this was truly that place she wanted to do this so instead of answering, Lexi turned to look at Takuto. “You are sure that won’t open us up to a retaliatory cyber-attack? They might have a similar trap waiting.”

Jan 27 2013

nine1122
Santiago Campos
Kungfudemoness
Klayko
iGeha
Divine Nephilim
vortex2365

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:39 pm
Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122

Kungfudemoness

Divine Nephilim

Santiago Campos

Bart Thawne

Klayko

User Image

JAYSON WRIGHT

Jayson smiled as he entered Providence HQ, he wasn't sure how long it had been since he had last see Mathis but he was really looking forward to meeting him again today. He was pushing a wheelchair with a heavily bandaged woman sat inside, there was a hood pulled over her head, perhaps he had gone a little overboard with the bandages but on the other hand he had plenty and wasn't it better that way. "Well this place looks swanky, I'd have more vending machines, you know, maybe one of them claw machines." He looked at the mercenary bodyguard and gestured to the iPad he had given her in order to write it down. He had hired her after a little job she had done for them a few weeks back and had been trying to see if he could get her to do other menial chores for him without paying her extra. As it turned out writing down stuff was okay, provided he gave her the materials first. "Hey Adora, wake up, we've arrived." He leaned forwards and spoke directly to the woman in the wheel chair before giving her a little nudge. Then pushed her across the room and up to the desk.

"Morning, Jayson Wright to see Mathis Matthews." He didn't actually have an appointment, honestly he hadn't even spoke to him for about a year. The receptionist gave him a look of disgust as soon as he mentioned Mathis' name which was amazing because usually that was the reaction he got after introducing himself. "Mr Mathews along with several other key members of staff are currently in a meeting, I'm afraid he cannot be disturbed." The receptionist smiled as if that was going to help the situation and then went back to typing. Jayson assumed that this was the point where most people gave up. "Lucy, nobody gets near me. Please don't use lethal force, that's why I gave you the beanbag shotgun. Fifty grand for five minutes of real work?" He grinned and before she could give an answer, jumped over the desk then pushed the woman to the side and grabbed the mic for the intercom. "Testing." His voice rang out through the building and the widest grin appeared on his face. "This is great. Tell me when were getting close to time." His words echoed through the halls but he was really just speaking to Lucy. "This is a code J: The black sheep has returned. Repeat, Jayson Wright is in the building and has taken the reception. Please send Mathis to cool the situation." He looked at the receptionist who had audibly groaned at his ice pun.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:39 pm
Mathis Mathews

Mathis hadn't a moment to consider the alternative proposed before Carmen spoke out against him. He didn't need to think about what he would say in response. "Carmen, sit down and shut up. The mentally stable people are talking." After speaking Mathis realized his aggressive tone and how it would be received so he followed up with a statement to make one fact very clear. "I get it, none of you like me. I've killed your friends, family, and probably associates. I don't feel bad about it. I won't feel bad about it. I didn't kill anyone who stayed out of my way. Now I am trying to keep you from getting killed because I know what they are willing to do. I know what they will do to people. I have sat in their meetings which, might I say, have far better organization." Mathis stopped himself before going off about how the meeting were different and he refocused on what mattered. "Let me make one thing very clear to you all. I don't care what you think of me. I am here for one reason, one purpose. I don't care about stopping the Dominion, I don't care about helping people. I am here because this is the best chance I have at killing Snow. The moment it stops being so, I will leave." Mathis was going to continue but that old familiar voice came over the intercom system and he viciously rolled his eyes. He let out a low growl and then slammed his hand on the table. He didn't know why Jayson was here or why he wanted him but Mathis also didn't really care. In his mind, Jayson was one of the more pressing reasons that people feared deviants. "The Dominion had better security too. I'll deal with him. Enjoy the rest of your meeting." Mathis didn't give another word before turning and walking out of the room. If he was stopped, he'd a give a short response and then keep moving. Otherwise he wouldn't stop until he saw Jayson.

Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

Divine Nephilim

Santiago Campos

Klayko

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Jaxon Grant

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

J A N U A R Y
[X] 27th [X] 2 0 1 3

This was the most fun he had witnessed in weeks to a month. He was watching all these people casually take turns at tearing one another with words and while it wasn't the best, he had some Lipton Green Tea to drink. He was occupied with watching them all bicker over plans that his ears practically twitched when he heard a familiar voice. He turned to see Shakir, someone he partially worked with before.

"Oh, hey there, buddy!" he extended a free hand out to shake while tossing the bottle in a trash can. "I'm actually watching Jerry Springer live. So far, the fella that everybody hates with glasses is taking wins left and right, but maybe some input should be offered. I'm just a simple man. I see a wall and have the need to burn through it."

That was his way of saying he really had no plan other than to be reckless. That in itself was well...reckless.

He cleared his throat. "We can spend time forever hoping somebody burns at the stakes, but...they're here. If you all really wanted him dead, which I can feel the hate from over here and can get the gist of why he should die, wouldn't you have done so before rather than let him attend this meeting or, I don't know, keep him at a good distance from this kind of case-sensitive information? The point is, everyone that cares enough to stop this Dominion to some degree, whether it's to be out for blood against one person or a group as a whole, is here. Now while I can personally wring a neck for recklessly endangering my...family."

He exhaled deeply. Saying those last two words were about to strike a nerve while looking at this apparent traitor. "You all are doing that enough as is, so can we chill, get the batshit crazy individuals who aren't needed out, and actually focus on how to get an actual mission done and or kill this Snow figure?"

That was short-lived. Apparently everybody and their mommas wanted Mathis to some degree. He rolled his eyes when the voice chimed through the intercoms and began to adjust his tie.

"And this is why we can't have nice things," he said lowly before raising a hand to stop Mathis from going onward to confront this figure. "I get it. He only asked for you, but whatever helps gets this little chitter-chatter back on track, I'm willing to help. You'll probably tell me not to, but...I'm going to do it anyways,
so...shall we?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

O.O.C.:

Vortex2365

Nine1122
:

Divine Nephilim

Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

Revak-Dovah-Jun

Angelic Genius

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:03 pm
User Image
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Alvin McArlington☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

☣Name: Alvin McArlington
☣Sexuality: Straight
☣Mood: Angry
☣Current Thought: YOU DON'T GET TO ACT LIKE IT DOESN'T MATTER!
☣Current Theme:• Main Theme 2: Assembly

☣ . . . "Equivalent Exchange, everything comes with a price, the question is are you willing to foot the bill for it?" . . .☣

================ ☣==================

They were getting absolutely nowhere. Just a bunch a bickering and pissing contests as to who's plan was better. Surprisingly there were some among them who had their heads on correctly and made good points, which got Alvin to thinking. Why not combine their plans together in some way. His mind went to work on calculation an alternative when that man spoke. Justifying his actions by saying he only killed those that attacked him. It was in that very instance he stood and spoke, more like yelled, slamming the end of his cane into floor. If looks could kill Mathis would nothing more that a well dressed corpse at that moment.

You are special breed of idiot if that's how you justify murdering people who trusted you! And how would you know that! How do you know that who ever ******** up your head didnt make it so that thats all you saw or were aware of!? How do you know you didnt kill innocents, children, wives, friends, civilians!? My wife.................my pregnant wife had no powers, she couldnt even operate a gun! My three boys, they were no older the 15 years old and barely had control of their powers so ******** you and your logic. For all you know it could have all been an illusion put on by the telepath that screwed your already ******** up mind even more! You dont get to not care how we feel, you dont get shrug off our concerns like its nothing! You dont get to go on an live in peace while others live with the pain that the ones they love are gone and you're still alive! Honestly i find it incomprehensible that Providence gave you a second chance! If it were me, I'd would have executed you on the spot! So do every one a favor and be a man and atone for your sins or die!

It was at this moment that a voice came over the intercom requesting for Mathis to come to the reception desk as some sort of situation had arose and it seemed only he could handle it. As the man began to leave, Alvin was 3.5 seconds into turning the floor beneath the man into a quicksand like liquid. He'd been to the HQ dozens of times and new the type of flooring that was used and how to transmute it. But He knew it would be frowned upon so he watched as that man left. Clearing his throat he listened to another member of the meeting speak and took those brief moments to calm down and regain his thoughts.

As for this plan for Dominion, i think there may be a way to go about it in all aspects presented. What we need is to have someone infiltrate Nova Deim. I Volunteer myself for this undertaking. Im possibly the only one here who could get in without much trouble. For all Dominion knows im a defector who was fed up with Providence and their laxness, which wouldnt be all to far from the truth, letting traitors back in our good graces and all. Even members who would still have sympathy for such actions and those who acted on them. I can move and subtley cause as much discord as i can. Once i learn their methods of propaganda im sure Takuto here can find a way to bypass it. Mathis knows only what he knows from his time there. For all we know his info is out dated. But thats entirely up to you wonderful upper echelon ladies & gents to decide.

He said his idea and then sat back down. He gave looks to Lexi, Takuto, and the only level headed on, Jaxon. Then proceeded to look at the locket he kept on him.

================ ☣ ==================

☣. "I just wish to bring the world back to normal" . ☣

Main Theme 1: A Necessary End
Main Theme 2: Assembly
Main Theme 3: Faust's Theme
Emotional Theme 1: Sorrows
Emotional Theme 2: Vanishing Sky
Battle Theme 1: Blood Tie
Battle Theme 2: Reincarnation- I'll Face Myself
Comeback Theme 1: Shingeki no kyojin Ost - Attack ON Titan
Comeback Theme 2: Devils Never Cry
Theme [Suspense]: Si Deus Me Relinquit

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Faust☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

Santiago Campos

Kungfudemoness

Klayko

Elsa Amora

vortex2365

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:19 pm
Divine Nephilim

Nine1122

Klayko

Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

It was difficult to keep everyone on track; hostilities were high, especially towards “the traitor” that everyone couldn’t seem to forgive, which she understood. In truth, the doctor couldn’t bring herself to hate him, and sometimes it was hard, knowing the same face was responsible for so much misery. He didn’t ask to have his mind tampered with, just as no one asked to lose their friends and family at his hands. It was an endless circle of hatred, and was weary of it. It wouldn’t improve their situation if no one could come to an agreement, but she had to say something to contribute, particularly on the subject of infiltrating. “Let’s not forget that they have the most powerful telepath in the world, and she leads their intelligence operations. As of recent, they’ve been weary of infiltrators; they’ve been regulating people who come and go. If we send someone to infiltrate them, they need to be immune to her at the minimum, lest we risk sending you in there to die, though I admire your courage.” It was immensely frustrating trying to outsmart a foe who spent years preparing an entire city against the world. It would be simple task trying to demoralize them either; the poison that they fed their citizens was potent and corrupting.

“I’ll second the plan to demoralize them. We have fought hard, but this violence has been fruitless. If this war continues, they may yet outlast us. It’s a simple matter of panem et circenses—bread and circuses—food and entertainment. As of now, they are convinced they are winning; the people in the city are so caught up in their joys that they don’t even realize how much control they have surrendered to keep it. If this keeps up, they will win, and they will do it smiling.” It was very obvious who the losses were weighing down on more; the morale of their enemies was superior to their own. It echoed all throughout their group; the pain, the misery, the plastic smiles and tearful goodbyes. It was overwhelming.

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

It seemed her attempt to get the conversation back on track had been in vain. Lexi couldn’t help but snigger at Mathis’s comment to Carmen. In past arguments with Carmen she had often thought of saying something along the same lines, though always stopped herself. As much as it might feel good in the moment, telling Carmen off in such a way would only make things worse. It would only feed into her paranoid delusions. And as frustrating as these delusions were, could you really blame the mentally unstable? Still it felt good to hear someone say the words. While she agreed with what most of what Mathis had said and was already aware of the rest, she wasn’t convinced honesty was the best policy in this case. Or at least be delivered more smoothly. Lexi had long ago accepted that the difference between being honest and being an a*****e was lost concept on Mathis. He simply didn’t care.

Despite him not caring it seemed others felt the need to share their opinions on the subject of Mathis. First some fellow she didn’t know whose words she didn’t quiet follow, but she thought she understood the gist of what he was saying. He’s here so it was too late to worry about. Then came Alvin, banging his cane on the floor and yelling above all others. “Oh lord.” Lexi mumbled just loud enough for Mathis to hear part way into Alvin’s rant. While it might pull at others heartstrings, hearing it a second time made it harder for her to be sympathetic with Alvin. If they were so defenceless why weren’t they in a safe area like D.C? If he finds telepathic control isn’t an excuse, perhaps he should spend a few minutes under ones control.

He’s not dead? She was honestly shocked that someone hadn’t killed Jayson Write by now. Other than Snow and Clarity, he was probably the one other person she would be willing to kill in cold blood. As far as she was concerned Mathis would have never been captured if it wasn’t for Jayson. However she had had more pressing matters than to keep track of him. Guy was annoying enough, she had assumed someone else would take care of him for her sooner rather than later. Though today might finally be that day based on Mathis’s reaction to the voice on the intercom. She stood to leave with Mathis, giving the same words to the group as she had to Alvin earlier. “By fighting amongst ourselves, we are only aiding the Dominion. And Snow. It doesn’t matter what plan we make if we can’t work together.” She added the mention of Snow for Mathis in particular, looking towards him as she said her name. Hoping to remind him that they did in fact need Providence if they had any chance of getting to Snow. Hoping to stop, or at the very least lessen whatever retort to Alvin he was brewing. “We should get to Jayson before he blows something up.” She added in a softer tone for Mathis and Jaxon who apparently wanted to come with. A choice he might soon regret. She certainly regretted knowing Jayson.

Jan 27 2013

nine1122
Santiago Campos
Kungfudemoness
Klayko
iGeha
Divine Nephilim
vortex2365

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:09 pm
"Nothing is True and Everything is Permitted"

User Image

➵Lucy Xiao Long➵
Lynx

“Right, vending and claw machines.” Lucy repeated, making no attempt to even pretend to write it down. Other times she’d humour him, usually by playing a little bejewled while supposedly taking notes. At the moment though, they were at the Providence Headquarters, and knowing Jayson she would likely need both hands free in the near future. “You realize I can’t beat a building full of Deviants by myself right? If it was that easy the Dominion would have done it already.” She asked, even as she set a timer of her watch for five minutes. So when the guards showed up a few seconds later she held up her hands in a non-threatening way rather than try to stop them, though she did at least position herself so she was between them and the wheel chair at least in case one of them did decide to make a move. “Sorry, he just really wanted to see Mathis and forgot to take his pills this morning. To be fair, your receptionist is really unhelpful.” She looked back towards Jayson. “Now that you’ve paged for your friend, why don’t we sit down over there and let these nice people get back to their jobs?”

nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:40 am
Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122

Kungfudemoness

Divine Nephilim

Santiago Campos

Bart Thawne

Klayko

User Image

JAYSON WRIGHT

As the receptionist hadn't taken her usurpation well, Jayson had had no other option that to duck tape her to her chair and seize control of her computer by pushing her far away. A slight wave of his hand as she spun away, struggling against the chair seemed brought a smile to the face of another member of the public who was waiting in the lobby. Mathis was taking way too long, he thought as he turned back to the desk, grabbing a pen and putting it in his mouth as he did. "Lucy, seriously, why did you start your watch if your not going to do anything?" He shook his head, he defiantly was going to pay her for that, he should also suspend iPad right too. Who did she think she was, not throwing away her life on his whim? Mercanaries sure were different in the flesh. "Soo..." He ate the entire pen and moved onto a pencil, intent on eating the rest of her stationary before Mathis or another friendly face appeared. The secretary wheeled past him, having pushed herself off a wall, he wasn't sure where she was going but it was funny to watch. "I was kind of hoping that, you know, someone would show up a little faster..." He pressed on the speaker. "Where is this meeting? The moon? Come on guys. I've got balloons." He took his fingers off the button and shrugged at the member of security who was watching him. "It was worth a try." The secretary had somehow managed to roll outside, only to be pushed back in by a concerned bystander. "Can we leave her tied to that chair for a little longer?" There was a brief pause before the guard nodded and Jayson gave him a sly thumbs up in appreciation. "Lucy, please, don't be so tense. It's not healthy." He said as he devoured an eraser.  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:18 pm
Mathis Mathews

"And I burn slowly. Icy after effect. Augustine knows." Mathis held up his glove-less hands to show the burn scars. He was referring to Jaxon's comment about them wanting to burn him at the stake. When Jaxon rather bluntly asserted that he would be going with Mathis, Mathis did not complain. He liked doing things alone but Jayson was.... well Jayson. It was best to have a lot of power. Mathis once heard that Snow had met Jayson and let him live. Mathis would not be so kind if irritated. "Straight to the point. That's good, saves time and that saves lives. You burn stuff right? Never mind, doesn't matter. Help is help." With that settled, Mathis looked to Alvin after his little fit. Mathis found himself smiling. It was all ridiculous to him. He knew what he had done. He remembered every face and not for the reason Lexi would have liked. He didn't remember them out of regret. Time was of the essence with Jayson and so Mathis lacked the adequate time to tear into Alvin's emotions. He already had a foot out the door and really needed to put a move on but he wouldn't just let Alvin speak that way. No, he didn't let anyone do that anymore. Jayson would have to wait just a few more seconds. "Hey, why don't you cry me a river? You certainly seem like you could. News flash, my family is dead. Her family is dead," Mathis pointed a thump toward Lexi. Only his upper body was leaning in the room at this point. "you see us crying? No, we are here trying to get s**t done. So suck it up, next tear I see, I'm freezing it and putting it in a nice little glass box as a reminder of how emotionally destabilized you are." With that, Mathis pulled his upper body out of the room. A moment later he popped it back in. "Dr. Augustine, as always, it was nice to see you. I'll follow your plan. The last time I followed someone else's in Providence... well... New York. Carmen, good on you for being quiet." He was gone from the room before she voiced anything but from prior experience he knew she would likely go for the plan that resulted in the least casualties. Lexi was right when she spoke. Limited time. That was really all he had listened to. Everything else was drowned out by the general aggression of that room. Once Mathis was gone from the room he took the elevator to the ground floor. The second the doors opened, he saw Jayson by the reception area. He knew security would be on him immediately if he did anything directly to harm Jayson, so he'd have to play it a little more carefully. He didn't warn Jaxon or Lexi because he assumed they would know that as well. Regardless, Mathis knew what he'd do. He moved across the hall to the reception area where Jayson was waiting for him. "You called?"

[quote="Elsa Amora]
[quote="Deadly_Tiger]
[quote="vortex2365]
[quote="Kungfudemoness]
[quote="Divine Nephilim]
[quote="Santiago Campos]
[quote="Klayko]

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Main Role-play