Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
Providence HQ (Washington DC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:08 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

User Image User Image User Image

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi sighed slightly, shook her head and went back to freeing the poor receptionist. With the tape cut, it was just a matter of pulling each piece off the poor woman. A special torture on its own where any contact with skin was made, even if no particular harm was done to the woman outside of losing some arm hair. She didn't bother joining the little club by the chairs. Honestly the lobby wasn't that big, so she could hear what they were talking about anyway. She agreed with Mathis. Lexi found it highly improbable that the Dominion would trust Jayson, or that the Dominion would want to hold such an event in the middle of the war. Still.....if Jayson could somehow convince them it might give Lexi an opening she needed to get to Clarity or Snow. Or both.

Jan 27 2013

nine1122
Elsa Amora
Klayko
vortex2365

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:43 pm
Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122

Klayko

User Image

JAYSON WRIGHT

Jayson leaned back in his chair and sighed. "Don't be so serious all the time, I'm not going to threaten anyone nor is anyone going to come and drag you away while I'm still in the building. Beyond that is out of my control, but you knew what you were signing up for when you came back here." He smiled and then looked at Lucy, who had finally decided to answer him. He had been hoping that she would choose the latter option but to each their own. He placed his hand on the table and as he lifted it notes began to appear under it, he rose it quite quickly as he was pretty used to this method of payment and then created a tag to wrap around the money with his other hand. Once they had been bundled up he handed her the notes. "I'm hiring by the way, if you are interested in working security for a private company, send your resumes to either me or Adora. Guaranteed pay rise." He turned back then lent closer to Adora. "I've put some business cards in your chair, hand them out to anyone who seems keen. Can you have a look into starting a PMC? I've just had an idea." He laughed to himself as he turned back to Mathis. "Apologies, if I didn't keep my end, there would be hell to pay. Where were we? Oh right, you were being overly negative." He wiped his hand over his face and regained a more serious face. "I don't see what my kill count has to do with anything, but please elaborate. Your a pessimist so I'm going to skip the Dominion bit, it's hardly worth contending. And as for peace, I fell that seeing is believing. So when I get them to agree to a temporary truce, I expect you to sign up as well." He sat back to wait for his response.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Elsa Amora

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:57 pm
User Image

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ It's ten times as hard to put yourself back together...

User Image

Hearing Lucy say "now", Adora could only assume she meant in terms of payment. She would touch on that after they left the Dominion. She wasn't about to discuss those matters here, especially while Jayson continued to press on his ideas. Giving her only a brief glance, as if to say soon, she then focused back in on the conversation at hand.

User Image

...than it does to fall apart Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

OCC: ~
vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger
Nine1122

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:29 am
Mathis Mathews

"It's not necessarily the kill count that will make it impossible for you to convince them of anything. It is your pension for betraying your friends and generally seeking to cause chaos. You are on your own side, humored only be those who are too attached to leave you." Mathis looked briefly at Adora and then looked back to Jayson. "You will always be on your own side and because of that, Snow will never agree to anything you suggest." At least that had been Mathis' experience. Snow always seemed a step ahead and she would hate giving that control up to humor anything Jayson wanted. Hell Mathis would be surprised if Jayson survived a meeting with her. Then again sending Jayson into the Dominion could create a necessary distraction. "I am not in a position to agree to any peace and even if I was, I wouldn't. I don't hate everyone in the Dominion. A lot of them have their own reasons for doing what they do, but I hate Snow and if I have a chance to kill her, I will."

Date: January 27, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Santiago Campos

Klayko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Elsa Amora

Timid Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:31 pm
User Image

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ It's ten times as hard to put yourself back together...

User Image

Sharing a slightly annoyed glance with Mathis Adora then turned her attention to Jayson. Let's go. I told you this would be a waste of time, and we're about to be paying Lucy double if we go over time. Knowing Lucy would love that, Adora really wasn't in the mood for giving away anything more than what she had already bargained. Jayson was just lucky she was able to keep Lucy by their side for so long giving the type of work she does and that she was once hunting them. We'll find another way, we always do. Don't press it.

User Image

...than it does to fall apart Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

OCC: ~
vortex2365
Deadly_Tiger
Nine1122

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Jaxon Grant

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

J A N U A R Y
[X] 27th [X] 2 0 1 3

A festival of mad men parading around to prove who had the edge over the other. A magnificent sight, really. Oh, who was he kidding? It was like watching vaudevillains exchange theatrics with one another and if the conversation he was hearing was right, somebody cue the mad laughter filled with the "Ooohoho's" and the "Muahahaha's." He thought the Real Houswives of DC being filmed in their very own Conference room had more weight than any of what the figure known as Jayson carried. There was, however, interesting turn of events that perhaps bade him to not be needed: The entire group who caused this debacle were actually getting up and leaving.

Still, he stayed right where he was at. Out of the three who came, it was the quiet female who was sizing everyone up and down and by everyone, himself included. He saw the occasional glances. A bodyguard perhaps, judging by her seemingly cautious nature. Did it matter for someone like him though?Probably not, but still, he noted how all three were acting to the situation.
He just was not taking this Jayson figure seriously at this point. Chances were he killed people, there's no denying it. His plan though? About as underachieved and underdeveloped as his brain at that point, but that wasn't any of Jaxon's business. The quicker this went on, the better.

O.O.C.:

Vortex2365

Nine1122
:

Elsa Amora

Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:47 am
"Nothing is True and Everything is Permitted"

User Image

➵Lucy Xiao Long➵
Lynx

Naturally Lucy would have preferred a wire transfer rather than a large buddle of cash. It was inconvenient for her to have to go physically deposit the cash, but that seemed to be what Jayson was all about. Just inconvenient enough to be annoying without driving her away to find a job. Of course the ridiculous amount of money for doing practically nothing helped. She wasn’t paid near enough for when things went sideways however. Lucy agreed with Adora. Then again, Lucy thought coming here in the first place was a bad idea so naturally she was on board for leaving. It was hard to believe this man before them had once been Jayson’ friend. He certainly wasn’t now, whatever Jayson seemed to believe. Perhaps it was something she’d question once they left, along with the irony of the famed traitor claiming Jayson would betray his friends, but for the time being she would maintain the air of professionalism. Face devoid of emotion, even when Adora brought up the subject of her pay, ready to act at a moment’s notice should anyway make a move. Especially towards Adora.

Jan 27 2013

nine1122
vortex2365
Elsa Amora
Klayko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:01 am
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“No, we are only missing an important meeting.” Lexi commented softly. A meeting Mathis needed to be there for, as uncomfortable as it was. He knew the Dominion best. Knew how they worked, the politics of the group, any cracks they could leverage open. Even if people like Alvin and Carmen were too stubborn to see it. She took a few steps towards the group, seeming to have finally decided to join in on the conversation. The drawn out discussion of kill counts and betrayals was beginning to ware on her. “You had a chance to kill Shockwave and didn't, yet you expect us to trust you now? Everything would be different if you had killed him that day.” They would have won the Battle of New York. They wouldn't have been captured. Lionel and Alex would still be alive. Mathis's memories would still be intact. “Mathis is right. Your plan will never work because only a fool would trust you. Snow is many things, but she isn't a fool.” Despite her words, there was no anger in her tone. It was soft and completely emotionless. “Your trustworthiness is only problem one with your plan.” However it was the biggest problem. Even if they managed to work everything else out to make it viable, Lexi would never trust Jayson to go through with it. Next time it might be her memories Clarity decided to play with. “Before you go, I'm curious. Why do you want peace?” Jayson was an agent of chaos. Surely this war was nothing but a play ground for him.

Jan 27 2013

nine1122
Elsa Amora
Klayko
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:09 pm
Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122

Klayko

User Image

JAYSON WRIGHT

Jayson listened to Mathis and then burst out laughing, he raised his hand and looked at him with a smile on his face. "I see..." He took a deep breath to stop him from punching him. He looked at Adora as she spoke and nodded. "One moment, I think I need to clear this up. But you are one hundred per cent correct, if Mathis is any indication of the rest of them then this was a colossal waste of time." He turned his attention back to Mathis but before he could say anything Lexi spoke which shed some light on his so called betrayal but was not enough to excuse what had been said. "So that's what this is about? You think that if I had somehow killed Shockwave, then none of this would have happened? You would have been able to beat Collision and the rest of Regime, then saved the day." He nodded his head, then suddenly stopped. "Wake up. You are trained combatants with high level powers, and I am a man who can eat things, effectively a civilian. I've tasted Shockwave's power and I nearly died, I didn't want a second helping, so forgive me for choosing to fight another day." He had justified his actions to himself along time ago. "But for arguments sake lets go through the scenario, I shoot him, what happens next? Well, provided he didn't dodge and counter, then we'd have to deal with Collision. Lexi couldn't stop him and neither could you. We all die and there is no option to surrender, a much better scenario, right? Or maybe we all escape and Mathis gets to keep selling everyone's information to the enemy." He held up his hands, it was a low blow. "See, the thing is, I'm really good at getting things done; take today's meeting as a prime example, you didn't have to leave your meeting and come to see me, but you did, you even brought friends. A problem like Snow is only so big, it's all about the approach." He grinned and stood up, Adora was right, they should be getting on. "As for peace, it's boring to cause chaos in chaotic times, so why not try my hand at something interesting?" He played into their idea of him a little, he felt that this point there probably wasn't a point in contesting them. "Besides, as Mathis is so adverse to the idea and you keep him around, I suppose it'll only be so long before all out war consumes the planet and everyone dies anyway." He grinned and stepped behind Adora so he could push her out. "Now if you'll excuse us, we've got a flight to catch." He smiled, bowed his head slightly, and then spun Adora around and left. "Let's not go back for another few years."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:01 pm
Mathis Mathews

"All the people you killed that achieved nothing. You killed the mayor and didn't even get elected. But you couldn't shoot Shockwave because it achieved nothing? You like to make scenarios in your head so allow me to help you make another. We both agree to the truce, Dominion and Providence. Say it goes as planned and we play some games. The moment it ends we will all go back to trying to kill each other and you will have done nothing but wasted some of our time while working on another scheme. The problem with you is that you will never be satisfied. I have a similar issue. First you tried to cause chaos, you got chaos and now you want peace so that you can create chaos again." Mathis stood to face the leaving Jayson and in doing so he put his back to Jaxon and Lexi. Mathis took a step closer to Jayson and held out his hand in a very usual gesture for a handshake. A casual goodbye To Jayson who would likely remember a very manner Mathis, it should not have seemed to odd. Lexi would probably be able to detect the secret behind it if she had paid close enough attention to his history. Excruciatingly close attention. "While I will not agree to a truce, I wish you luck in convincing the Dominion. At the least, you'll distract them for us." Mathis said as Jayson spun and made way for the door. Smart not to shake his hand. Many had before. They were dead now.

Elsa Amora

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Santiago Campos

Klayko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:31 am

Jaxon Grant

J A N U A R Y
[X] 27th [X] 2 0 1 3

A conversation held ever quite so civil and a fight that didn't erupt at all. A guard was still upon his suited sleeve. Mathis might have turned his back to Lexi and him to properly address Jayson, but it still didn't mean things could or could not go downhill. He noted that the male did not shake the other's hand however. Someone like Mathis, who sported glasses which made Jaxon want to chuckle aloud whenever he saw him, and sported suits; just from general thoughts, he thought there was a gentleman quality to him despite his clear nonchalance. To not shake the male's hand, either meant he truly disliked him or there was something more to it. Still, he turned to see the three who barged in to the HQ presumably take their leave. That was when he focused on the armed men before them.

"So, you're all dressed pretty nice to have um, just been sitting around," he stated, clearly about to get to his point. "And were any of you taken by surprise that he just came in here, directly to the front desk, no alarms set off by the irate behavior...better yet, how'd they get past the gates?"

Those were solid questions. It was something they didn't need presently,
but Murphy's Law seemed to happened: Anything that could go wrong, did.
He'd blame Alvin for this.

O.O.C.:

Vortex2365

Nine1122
:

Elsa Amora

Kungfudemoness

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:07 pm
User Image

『 Ȼɑɼɱεɳ Ϣɼɩʈε 』

The meeting went a lot smoother with Mathis out of the room, though Carmen had little faith in the plan for one simple reason. They would tell Mathis what it was and he would tell the Dominion. As people stood to leave, the meeting having been called to an end, Carmen sought out the one person who seemed to see sense like she did. Or at least the one person who was brave enough to speak the truth out loud. She had to believe that more than the two of them saw Mathis for what he really was. “Excuse me!” She began when she caught up to the man with long blond hair and a cane who had spoken against Mathis earlier. “Carmen Write. I thought we should talk. Though perhaps somewhere a little more private.” She explained while offering hand to shake.

What if a dream was reality and reality was a dream?
What If things we imagine actually happened?
And real life situations were artificial?

Wake up in your dream
You can do anything there
Well I know you will
Because you've been there so many times before
Take your
dream

Divine Nephilim

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“He truly lives in his own reality.” Lexi said more to herself than anyone in particular. There were so many things wrong with what Jayson had said. Mathis had pointed out a few, but it really seemed to come down to the fact that Jayson was a coward who lived in an alternate reality. There were many things she could have said in response, but what was the point? Jayson didn’t need to be in prison for his crimes, he needed to be in a psychology ward. Other people began to appear shortly after the trio went out the door. It seemed they had missed the rest of the meeting. She closed the distance between herself and Mathis in order to speak to him without being over heard. “I am going to go. Try not to murder anyone while I am away.” Clearly she knew what he had attempted to do with Jayson and it seemed to drain the last of her patience for the time being. Then she turned to Jaxon and spoke louder. “It was a pleasure meeting you Jaxon. Hopefully next time it will be under better circumstances.” Though she didn’t offer to shake his hand. Instead with her parting words given, Lexi turned towards the exit. Where was she headed? The Providence HQ housing unit which was off campus.

“Orders from higher up.” Responded the man who appeared to be in charge of those security guards who were in the front lobby. At least he answered in part anyway. “Take it up with them.” It seemed that Jaxon wasn't likely to get much for on an explanation from this individual about what those orders had been specifically or the reasoning behind them. With a wave of his hand the various security guards headed back to their posts.

Jan 27 2013

nine1122
Klayko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 pm
User Image
▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Alvin McArlington☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

☣Name: Alvin McArlington
☣Sexuality: Straight
☣Mood: relaxed, intrigued
☣Current Thought: We are kindred souls
☣Current Theme:• Main Theme 2: Assembly

☣ . . . "Equivalent Exchange, everything comes with a price, the question is are you willing to foot the bill for it?" . . .☣

================ ☣==================

The room began to bustle with movement as the meeting came to a close. Alvin began to make his way to the exit to return to his sector when a feminine voice caught his attention. Turning he saw rather attractive ginger haired woman. She was quite stunning, she oddly resembled his late wife. Dazed for a moment he came to his senses and shook the hand she had out as she greeted him.

You are the feisty one who called out the ice cold killer providence seems to be harboring. Its a pleasure to meet you Madame' White. As you know or dont know, im Alvin McArlington or Faust. I believe we have a mutual hatred for the same man, so i wouldn't mind comparing notes on how to bring him down.

He said as he kissed her hand, gesturing for them to leave. She was rather adamant about not trusting Mathis, something they both agreed on. He didnt see any harm in hearing her view on the man.

================ ☣ ==================

☣. "I just wish to bring the world back to normal" . ☣

Main Theme 1: A Necessary End
Main Theme 2: Assembly
Main Theme 3: Faust's Theme
Emotional Theme 1: Sorrows
Emotional Theme 2: Vanishing Sky
Battle Theme 1: Blood Tie
Battle Theme 2: Reincarnation- I'll Face Myself
Comeback Theme 1: Shingeki no kyojin Ost - Attack ON Titan
Comeback Theme 2: Devils Never Cry
Theme [Suspense]: Si Deus Me Relinquit

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ☣Faust☣ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Deadly_Tiger

Revak-Dovah-Jun

Angelic Genius

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:27 pm
Mathis Mathews

Mathis ignored Lexi's comment, he'd murder who needed to be murdered. If she was bitter that he was going to kill a killer, she could be bitter on her own. The days where he chased her were over. Well... mostly over. He still seemed to find himself making an effort to appease her at times. Probably something about the old life she claimed they had. The one that had been taken from his mind. When she was gone and the situation seemed to be dying down, Mathis stepped over to Jaxon. "Don't judge them too harshly. Jayson has a way of getting around." Jaxon interested him a little. He seemed to be a man of action, a man who would get things done when they needed to be done instead of sitting in a room talking about it. Like Mathis. It was both a good and a very bad thing.

Deadly_Tiger

Santiago Campos

Klayko

Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items