Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Recycle Bin
The Middle Ground Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:13 am
Somewhere in Oklahoma, a young Deviant has to deal with another set of problems then he already had a lot in his plate... Not that fate was giving him a choice, anyway...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            I've got demons running round in my head...
                                            And they feed on insecurities I have
                                            Won't you lay your healing hands on my chest? Let your ritual clean!
                                            Soak the ropes with your holy water, tie me down as you read out the words...
                                            Set me free from my jealousy! Won't you exorcise my mind?

Rυυвεп Vαпɢ-Kσянσпεпxl━━━
                                            ( xS W I S H F L I C Kx )xl━━━━━
                                            ( From OklahomaFinnish DeviantEx-Assassin )xxxx

「 January 7, 2013 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ruuben was sitting by himself with earphones on at the garden park, ignoring the fact that the weather was becoming colder each successive day. It was his day-off and he was damn sure Ruuben will scare the living s**t out of his brother Reima again for "disappearing again". That pretty much ticked him off, because it wasn't his fault why he got kidnapped three years ago. He didn't even go around flashing his powers like that because Ruuben knew better that ending up being accused and potentially being hunted or whatever. Hell, it didn't even help that they live in ******** Oklahoma- the middle ground. And the whole war between the Providence and Dominion are not. Helping. At all.

He was vacantly staring at the park's horizon, or through the horizon when Ruuben's phone vibrated from his pocket and rang a specific tune. He snapped himself out of it and found himself blinking in confusion, but got the phone anyway and answered it. From the phone, a male voice came out, sounding hesitant, "Um... Hey Ruuben. Se on Riku, oletko nyt kiireinen? Halu... Haluan vain tietää."(1)

The deviant found himself frowning in disappointment, Riku just came along just to ask him if he was okay and that's it? Ruuben didn't say anything in the first five second, then sighed. "Olen kiireinen."(2) He lied, voice stiff until he realized how he sounded like an a*****e to Riku. "Um... why?" He managed a stutter, and Ruuben would like to blame on the cold-a** weather for that.

He can actually hear his brother's nervous breathing through his phone's earphones, then Riku finally managed some words, "Se on vain, että on ollut jonkin aikaa, koska olemme nähneet toisiamme? Kaipaan sinua vain, ja ihmettelen jos voimmekin joskus jäädä hengaamaan? Huomenna? Milloin tahansa?"(3)

"Olisit voinut vain käydä täällä," Ruuben dryly told him, as if stating the obvious, "Se ei ole niin vaikeaa."(4)

Riku seemed to mutter something along the lines of "God damn it", then made what it seemed to be a sigh. "Nuh... Taloni on kaukana sinusta ja Reimasta. Entä jos tapaamme kahvilassa? Tiedätkö, Vasilisa Cafe?"(5)

Ruuben bit his lip, thinking that he couldn't say 'no' to Riku. And no, it had nothing to do with the aforementioned cafe. It's just... he felt like he had no right to do so. "Ehkä. Mietin asiaa."(6)

Riku was delighted to hear that after that and said that he'll be looking forward for Ruuben to say 'yes'. They then bid their farewells until Ruuben put down the phone first and shoving it to his coat's pocket again. His brother shouldn't hold his breath like that, because Ruuben still hasn't said 'yes'. Besides, even if he said no it won't work, anyway.

« with [himself, so far] at [a garden park (Tulsa, Oklahoma)] »

PERSONAL FILESOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            (1) Riku : "Um... Hey Ruuben. It's Riku, are you busy now? I just... I just want to know."
                                            (2) Ruuben : I'm busy. Um... why?
                                            (3) Riku : It's just that it's been a while since we've seen each other? I just miss you, and wonder if we can sometimes hang out? Tomorrow? Whenever?
                                            (4) Ruuben : You could have just visit here, it's not that hard.
                                            (5) Riku : Nuh... My dorm's far away from you and Reima. How about we hang out in the library cafe? You know, the Vasilisa Cafe?
                                            (6) Ruuben : Maybe. I'll think about it.

Won't you exorcise my mind? I want to be free as I'll ever be!..
                                            Exorcise my mind, help me exorcise my mind...
                                            Desdemona, won't you liberate me? When I'm haunted by your ancient history-..
                                            Close these green eyes and watch over as I sleep through my darkest of dreams...
                                            Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before!..

Deadly_Tiger

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 am
Jade Galaksylph

Oklahoma had seen a lot of conflict as of recent, prompting a lot of people to leave the United States, though many deviants chose to say and pick a side, some ended up on one side or the other by sheer circumstances. For the most part, both sides respected the neutral decision; some less than others, but it was there. It was odd; some nights it was quiet, other nights there were riots, and the streets still had a lot of excess crap from all the feuding. It just so happened that many homes were abandoned.

Tulsa wouldn’t get any quieter, however, not when a loud booming sound was heard maybe a block away. A girl seemingly arrived after turning the corner from that area, running for dear life. She must have been one of the fighters on one of the sides, though she was fleeing from something, or someone. Her attire confirmed her status, only showing the skin of her head, which was topped by short hair, and her hands. Her lip was bleeding, and she had small trickles of blood her and there. Since the clearest path was through the park, she ran his way, but her pursuer was now plain to see, 30 feet behind her. He had a mischievous smile on his face, tossing what appeared to be a marble at her legs, which blew up and launched her forward, falling on her chest. “Don’t interfere,” he (the pursuer) said to the bystander. Her ears were ringing, and though her legs were mostly fine, they were bruised. At first, she crawled forward, desperately trying to get away, but when she another smaller explosion occurred from a marble at her left, she rolled over on her back, terrified. Her pursuer lifted his right hand, showing another marble in between his thumb and index finger, a smile plastered on his face. When the marble began to glow, likely assuming the explosive qualities of his strange powers, her eyes widened. “End of the line, b***h.” He was going to blow her to pieces.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:07 am

「 January 7, 2013 」

Ruuben froze on his seat when he heard a loud booming sounds somewhere nearby, and he thanked that his earphones were stuck on his ears, otherwise his head will hurt again from the intense sound. Of course, it couldn't be as worse as back when he was Swishflick - or, before the goons decided to name him that- when the scientists did extents of experiments to measure how much of his hearing can handle. Ruuben didn't miss those days, because that was utter hell.

Removing his earphones, the Finn stood up and turned to the source of the sound only to see a white-clad woman running for her life, and she wasn't in her best shape... it didn't help that the sight of blood and bruises made Ruuben grit his teeth in agitation. Then came a brunette man, throwing marbles at the woman and the moment they exploded, Ruuben felt that his heart was ascending to his throat. It was like he was paralyzed to stay in one place, helplessly staring at the man with horror. The man's smile gave Ruuben the chills, as though he had seen that smile before. Well, the man was definitely not the same person who tormented Ruuben for two or three years, but the smile was just so familiar.

Ruuben wanted to help, he really did. But his fear and memories came down to him like rain, while the back of his head was telling Ruuben to ********' do something. On the other hand, there was a rush in him that he wanted to suppress. He can't go back in here, Ruuben wanted to forget that life. However, the moment the other man was holding a new marble- glowing with gradual intensity. "No- Wait..." He managed a shaky voice, from cold and from anxiety. The next thing was that he rushed in and held out his hand, attempting to knock the man sideways and make him crash into the nearby bench using his telekinesis. The Finn didn't really know what he was doing, and now his hand was trembling, just hoping that the explosion didn't go off and the woman still lived....

Ruuben was the unluckiest man in the world, and he will regret this sooner or later.

« with [two people] at [a garden park (Tulsa, Oklahoma)] »

((ooc))

Close these green eyes and watch over as I sleep through my darkest of dreams...

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:02 am
Jade Galaksylph

When he was sent flying, so too was the marble. It was sent far enough away, but the marble itself exploded beside a nearby tree. Nonetheless, the young woman shielded herself from the blast with her arms, watching as her pursuer crashed into the bench and fell on his chest. When he began to move, the woman panickily raised her own hand, staring at it as it began to emit a strange lime glow. “Come on, come on…” she said, desperate to activate her powers.

Meanwhile, her pursuer pushed himself up with his left hand and one knee. “You’re gonna regret that,” he said, reaching for five of the marbles that spilled beside him. When he grasped them, they all began to glow. His powers implied that he could turn objects he touched into bombs, and he was about ready to detonate five right at the two of them. As he was about to throw them, his target aimed her palm his way, and the glowing hand fired a beam of strange energy his direction. His life flashed before his eyes, only watching in awe as the beam vaporized him entirely.

However, she had no time to celebrate her victory, as she realized that shrapnel from her pursuer’s earlier explosion—which would have been worse had the stranger not intervened—had been lodged in her right side, just beneath her ribs. It was two or three shards of metal just planted there, causing her to groan in agony as she covered it with her right hand and began to shake on the floor.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:13 am

「 January 7, 2013 」

Ruuben would roll his eyes at the stranger if he wasn't being jittery when the man opened his mouth only to say that the Finn will regret it. Well. Duh. Of course he'll regret this, as Ruuben had done so many ******** up things that were beyond redeemable. His entire life was a compilation of mistakes and a trauma conga line with alternative music playing in the background, that was for sure. It didn't really help that he omitted so many stuff to his psychiatrist Mr. Bautista given the fact that he was a human and will probably kick him out if he found out that his client was a deviant and used to kill people. Yet his brother Reima thought that Ruuben going to a shrink was a good idea. How fun.

He was about to try making a force field shield (emphasis on the word "try" ), then something bright went straight through the man's presences. Ruuben's eye eyes widened in shock, as he just saw a murder scene right before him. He was no stranger to seeing people die, though; But when you have empathy powers you get to feel your victims' misery before you slip away.

Ruuben was just standing still, staring at the place where the man used to be until the sound of an agonizing groan made him blink. He sharply turned his head to see the woman's wounds, with shrapnels sticking on it. The sight of something sharp penetrated on someone's skin made him feel tense and nauseous. Ruuben rushed to the woman's aid, muttering through gritted teeth, "Mitä helvettiä! I only intervened just so that no one will die and yet there's still a dead man, anyway. The ******** is wrong with you two?"

The Finnish deviant took a look on the wound, which was still kind of sickening to see if he was allowed to be frank. "I'm going to get you to the hospital, alright? But first, do me a favor and don't scream." Ruuben said as he removed his scarf from his neck with his trembling left hand. His right hand hovered over the two shrapnels and slowly removed them telekinetically, one by one. Ruuben felt that since Riku was studying medicine, he was so going to be chewed out if he did the first aid wrong. Thank God the sharp things weren't that big, though doing it made him irk.

He then pressed his black scarf on the area of the wound just for it to stop bleeding, his hands were still pale and shivering despite the gloves. Now, all he had to do was pray that his empath powers won't go haywire again. "Who the hell are you, anyway?" He asked, sounding snappy and anxious as he brought out his phone, about to call an ambulance.

« with [some stranger] at [a garden park (Tulsa, Oklahoma)] »

((ooc))

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:18 pm
Jade Galaksylph

“It was either him or us,” she replied sternly, defending her actions. In case he didn’t realize, there was a war going on; no side was going to win by playing everything off with compassion. Earlier, she hesitated, and it nearly cost her her life. When he suggested she not scream, she covered her own mouth, visibly showing discomfort as the shrapnel slid against her flesh, though she was in awe when she saw he was a deviant, too. He extracted it, however, which she was thankful for. Her thankfulness was quickly replaced by concern as he mentioned a hospital. Her other hand quickly reached for his wrist to stop him. She didn’t mean to ignore his question, but there were more pressing matters. “No, don’t! I can’t trust them. I need your help to get to—ugh,” she had to stop momentarily, when the pain was becoming too much, “Eve’s Mark. I need to get to Eve’s Mark, in 100 E 2nd Street. Please, we need to go now before his friends find me.”  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:28 am

「 January 7, 2013 」

"Fair enough." Ruuben grumbled when the woman snapped back, saying that there were only two ways: Either the Marble guy dies, or Ruuben and her. He decided to let it go, though, since wouldn't that make him a total hypocrite if he called out the lady for murder? Besides, Ruuben had killed a lot of innocents before, anyway, and even if he didn't do it by choice it was still a big deal. There was nothing Ruuben can do about it, however, since there was no such thing as time traveling or s**t like that.

He slightly flinched when the lady reached out her hand, as if she was trying to stop him from calling the ambulance. Ruuben was just about to press the call number, but he just froze when the lady instead asked for his help to drive her to some street. Wow, she had a nerve to think that he was a driver. But again, she was probably dying from a flesh wound, so. On the other hand, Ruuben looked at her suspiciously with pale green eyes, the sign of distrust about her agenda. He opened his mouth, then considered that it will be useless, anyway. Besides, he's not in a a mood for a verbal fight, given the situation. Looking up to Heaven as if he was thinking "God, why me?" then sighed exasperatedly, "Fine." He replied, obviously sounding irritated, "I'm soooo ready to regret this later. Be right back."

After that, he ran down to get his black Honda Civic, driving it quickly and parking it near the woman before Ruuben got out of the car, then opened the second door wide. "Don't freak out. And don't vaporize me or whatever while I'm doing this, ja?" He said quickly as he get her arm over his shoulder, assisting for her to get in the front seat. After doing so, he closed the door and get in the driver's seat, hitting the pedal and driving off.

Ruuben was really thankful that the windows were tinted black, otherwise he wouldn't know how to explain to the officer about why there's a bloody woman in his car. He tossed the black scarf back to the white lady and told her stiffly, "You know what to do with it. Stopping the bleeding the stuff like that." He said as he turned the street with shaking hands, his face still pale from everything that happened to him minutes ago. God damn it, Ruuben felt like he'll need to explain himself to Reima about why the scarf was drenched with blood, too. Fun.

Seeing the sign '100 E 2nd Street', he halted the car and rolled down the window saying, "There, Eve's Mark just like you said. Can you tell me who the hell you are, now?"

« with [some stranger] at [a garden park (Tulsa, Oklahoma)] »

((ooc))

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:10 am
Jade Galaksylph

As soon as he passed the scarf, she applied pressure to the wound to prevent further bleeding. She was anxious at first to answer, seeing as the media poisoned the image of the Dominion to fellow deviants, but she owed him some answers. “My name is Dana Comely, and I’m an agent of the Dominion. The man after me was a Providence agent. He had just killed my partner, and I was about to be next.” In other words, he just assisted an international fugitive, dubbed “terrorists” by the federal government, or to other perspective, which consisted largely of deviants like himself: heroes. Regardless of what he felt towards the Dominion, she needed to say something. “I’m sorry you were dragged into this.” Really, she was. Unlike her, the murder she recently committed weighed more on him, she could tell. If she were to go back to the moment, she would do it all again, but it didn’t mean that she didn’t care. She had people who needed her to have the strength to make those tough calls. Her pursuer would not have hesitated to kill them both right then; she had to match his ruthlessness.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:57 pm

「 January 7, 2013 」

Ruuben looked at the woman, who introduced herself as Dana, like he was being messed around. Oh God, the last thing he ever needed in his miserable life was contributing something to someone from the Dominion- the group known for hurting humans and being all "high-and-mighty." Their outlook gave Ruuben a really bitter taste in his mouth given that his family were humans, and they weren't even prejudiced against deviants. He gritted his teeth as he was of loss for words, putting his forehead on the driver's wheel in utter exhaustion. "Oh, God." He groaned miserably, or more so, in denial, "I'm so ******** cursed and I still can't get a break, anything else you want me to tell, lady?" His chest was as though there were lead inside it, tempting him to go blank and probably cry. But now was not the time.

Even if Dana did apologize, Ruuben was like a deer in the headlights that he was almost tempted to kick her out of his car. Almost. "You should be sorry," He said tightly, "I don't even know what to explain to my brother about all of this, let alone my ******** therapist." Ruuben then got out of the door and slammed it shut, opening the other door for Dana. "Whatever. You giving someone a quick death is lighter to my standards. I've seen worse." Of course, he was not going to tell her the context, because Ruuben still didn't trust her. But then, he didn't trust Mr. Bautista, either.

« with [some stranger] at [Eve's Mark (Tulsa, Oklahoma)] »

((ooc))

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:26 pm
Jade Galaksylph

Eve’s Mark was a hotel, though it was recently cleared out after an incident five days prior. From his response, there was apparent and understandable distress at being forced into his present situation. She was quiet for a while, directing him but anxious to speak, knowing he wasn’t comfortable, and not just from having to carry her either, though she was focused enough to direct him to a strange tunnel entrance. “I don’t know what you believe in yet, but you saved my life, so I’m going to assume you at least care enough.” It was difficult to settle on what to say. “I’m trying to save people like us, we all are.” He heard a few things, but she doubted that he already encountered someone who was actually from the group; terrorists or saviors, it really came down to who he heard it from.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:36 pm

「 January 7, 2013 」

Ruuben was silently as he followed Dana around, but he didn't know why he even decided to continue with walking when he could have just went home and sleep. He only gave her a glance when she expressed her gratitude of the fact that he saved her life. "Don't ask me what I believe in, because... I still haven't figured that out yet." Ruuben replied, his eyes on the floor. He, however, didn't believe that Dana was trying to save people's lives- if that's the case, then why did the media dubbed them as human subjugators? "Is it true, though?" He asked, being anxious, "Did you really think that humans are inferior species and stuff like that? Because... I should let you know that my family is human, you know? Ruuben was honestly thankful that he still hasn't given out his name, because this question might be putting his family's lives in danger.

« with [some stranger] at [Eve's Mark (Tulsa, Oklahoma)] »

((ooc))

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:57 pm
Jade Galaksylph

When he spoke, she sighed; he really didn’t know, and frankly, she couldn’t blame him. What he failed to realize was that he had been given a tainted perspective of what they believed in. “It’s not as simple as the media paints it. I won’t lie to you, that’s a widespread belief, but they didn’t ever explain it to you, did they? Your family isn’t human, and you’re the proof. It’s called dormant deviation; people have the potential for powers, but they don’t surface for everyone. In a couple generations, the rest of humanity will evolve; we’re the next step. When we say humanity, we mean the old world, the part of us that evolution has left behind.” It was a little complicated, yet not. For her, deviants were the future, something to be embraced, not scorned, but the misguided media did everything to demonize them, labeling them as just a bunch of genocidal racists. “I mean, look at the world around you. Do you think they demonize us because they give a damn about our kind, because they care to help us? No, it’s because they’re afraid of what we are and what we can do. If we’re spiteful, it’s because we’ve been wronged. I was taken away from my family, because I didn’t know how to control my powers. I was a freak to them, something to be experimented on, a sickness they wanted to cure. When they realized they couldn’t, I” she needed to pause, “I was meant to be thrown away like I was garbage,” she paused again, trying to compose herself with the flood of emotions, “but I was rescued.” It didn’t take a genius to figure out that deviants were discriminated against. What she thought was funny was how deviants were considered freaks, but now that the big bad Dominion was into the equation, everyone suddenly wanted to hide behind Providence and encourage deviants to come protect them. It was disgusting.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:03 am

「 January 7, 2013 」

"So what you're basically saying is that one of my parents may have at least one deviant parent." Ruuben assumed, honestly a bit surprised that he didn't look at it that way. He thought that he was just the first in the family to have it, but Ruuben still counted himself a bit lucky that his parents were still supportive- given that... he heard that some deviants don't have that luxury. "But... what you're also saying that it's a 'no'? You don't really... you know..." He made this vague hand gesture, but to be real he didn't really want to ask "You don't really do genocide to humans left and right?" because that was probably a red flag. He then waved his hand translated as 'forget it', saying, "Sorry. Nevermind. I'll just... shut up."

Dana then let out a long line that could have qualified as a "Reality sucks" Speech, as if Ruuben never knew what it felt like. Yeah, he knew that people like Mr. Bautista will never help people like Ruuben, even if they want to recover from the events they've been true. Call him a total cynic, but it's true. The only people who seemed to understand him are his family, yet Ruuben didn't want to put the weight on their shoulders. He then felt this rush of emotions from her, his empath coming onto him to feel other people's misery again. Ruuben had no idea whether to be angry, or cry- but then he had spent two years trying to be apathetic. But, of course, that could have turned him into a cold-blooded killer. Ruuben find it a miracle as of how he's still hired as a Graphic Designer.

Realizing that he got tears on his eyes, Ruuben furiously wiped them out,"Sorry." he quickly said, looking away, "Just- my empath stuff and all. It gotten haywire after... nevermind." However, he waved his hand again to tell her 'not to worry about it'. Ruuben let out a sigh resembling a dark laugh after a few minutes, however, "So, we're getting personal that I eventually got to learn about you, huh? Do you even want to know mine?"

« with [Dana] at [Eve's Mark (Tulsa, Oklahoma)] »

((ooc))

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items