Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Recycle Bin
The Middle Ground Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:11 am
Jade Galaksylph

While she wasn’t crying, there was a lot of pain that she was trying to suppress, her trauma both poisoning her past and strengthening her resolve. It was distracting her from the pain of her recent wound, though it hadn’t gone away, especially not with her limped walk. “Yes,” she replied to his first statement. After her own emotional experience, she was trying to bury it again, trying not to fall apart at the sheer mention of it. It was hard sometimes, knowing she fought and believed in something with all her heart, only for the media to poison what they stood for, even to each other. His family was important to him, she understood that, respected it even. He had something to go back to; all she had was her cause. If he noticed, she didn’t talk about her family again after, refused to even think about them, because they abandoned her too. However, she didn’t want this becoming about her sob story. Whether or not he was trying to be apathetic, she felt it made her look pathetic.

He was dismissive about his next question (or rather, his implied question), but she knew what he meant, and would answer anyway. “No, we don’t, though I doubt we would have been given the same mercy.” In the instances where people were made to yield, they never said they would hunt down and exterminate the humans, only that humanity had failed, and the deviants would succeed them. It was misconstrued, turned into something it wasn’t. He was an empath, apparently, which made more sense out of his emotions, but the fact that she was the cause of the sudden influx made her gaze at him apologetically, trying harder not to just let the feelings circulate.

“I expect nothing. You’re helping me; I have no right to dig into your life, especially if you’re not comfortable. It’s my fault, anyway. I get too emotional when someone has to ask me if I’m a genocidal maniac whose only out to destroy humanity.” In case he didn’t notice yet, she was the victim in her situation, just as many of her comrades were; they were shunned by society, turned into weapons, lab rats, or just…entertainment. When she realized where they were in the tunnels, she straightened herself up, hoping to find a door around the corner. “We’re almost there,” she said, her tone implying she was more relaxed now that her sense of security was returning. In fact, it almost seemed like she wanted to smile, to find her friends there to protect her.

What came next was disaster. Now, there was a door that stood on the walls of the tunnel when they turned, and that door led into a series of room: a main room and four smaller rooms, two in the east, two in the west, all sized the same, one being a restroom. There was no hiding the sudden panic coming from Dana as she hurriedly walked towards the door. It was broken, like something powerful broke right through, and inside was just a massacre. In the past, it served as a hideout, but now it was just a grave. The horror on her face was clear as she saw eight of her comrades were dead, mutilated even. There weren’t any bullets; it was like something came and tore them apart. The signs of struggle were apparent: the broken door, the broken tables, the blood on the walls, the limbs scattered. Dana shook her head, her heart racing as the gloomy realization reached her: they got there first. And that’s when she broke. Her breathing became heavy, eyes watery, and fists clenched, glowing that same strange energy from before. It was as if she was about to snap, closing her eyes and watching the tears fall, like she was about to just unleash, but then the glow went away as she fell to her knees, sitting on her calves and heels, shaking her head.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            I've got demons running round in my head...
                                            And they feed on insecurities I have
                                            Won't you lay your healing hands on my chest? Let your ritual clean!
                                            Soak the ropes with your holy water, tie me down as you read out the words...
                                            Set me free from my jealousy! Won't you exorcise my mind?

Rυυвεп Vαпɢ-Kσянσпεпxl━━━
                                            ( xS W I S H F L I C Kx )xl━━━━━
                                            ( From OklahomaFinnish DeviantEx-Assassin )xxxx

「 January 7, 2013 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ruuben wanted to say that not all humans can be that ruthless to deviants, but according to his empathy and Dana's story- he didn't think he had the right to say that. Sure, his family was supportive and his girlfriend Filomena managed to actually care- but Ruuben was probably given that luxury for the forecoming tragedy. But the worst part of all was that the people who turned him into some cold weapon weren't even humans, they were deviants of all people. Yet people say that deviants always stick together- hah, tell that to him. Ruuben did, however, felt bad for trying to ask Dana if she was really a 'genocidal murderer'. "I'm sorry, too, about not wanting to tell you about mine. He said, then without thinking he suddenly said, "It's just... It was kind of recent. Though, I can tell you my name, since you seem to be a good person, He gave her a tired smile, "It's Ruuben. Ruuben Vang-Korhonen... I know, it sounds weird, but I came from Finland so..."

As the two of approached the door, he was going to ask her about the door's broken condition until she rushed in with panic. 'I got a bad feeling about this...' He thought so himself and decided to follow her, only to regret it afterwards. The room... it was a bloodbath, and the sight of blood made the young Finn freeze and nauseated. It was so similar... and Ruuben wanted to forget it. He's not Swishflick, and he will never go back to that road. He snapped out of his dissociation when he heard a sound on the floor, only to see Dana on her knees mourning. Ruuben walked closer to her and the sudden rush of sorrow and grief came to him. It was like... she really cared about these people. He came to think that if someone did this to his family, Ruuben would probably do the same thing. He didn't know what he was doing, but he knelt down in one knee facing Dana and because he was so in loss to speak, he instead will try to tell her what he really felt by putting one trembling hand on her shoulder, using his telepathy. Ruuben was generally terrible at consoling people for an empath, but he wanted to let her know that he was sorry that all of these happened to her. 'We have to keep going,' he finally told her in her mind, 'I don't know you that well, sure, but I got your back, okay?'

« with [Dana] at [Eve's Mark (Tulsa, Oklahoma)] »

PERSONAL FILESOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ((ooc))

Won't you exorcise my mind? I want to be free as I'll ever be!..
                                            Exorcise my mind, help me exorcise my mind...
                                            Desdemona, won't you liberate me? When I'm haunted by your ancient history-..
                                            Close these green eyes and watch over as I sleep through my darkest of dreams...
                                            Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before!..

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:21 pm
Jade Galaksylph

When Ruuben told her he was there for her, she found herself reaching out for an embrace. He didn’t need to care, not really; she wouldn’t demand that of him. It wasn’t the fight he asked to be in, but for that moment, she didn’t need a war hero, she just needed someone, a small moment of compassion to help her get through all her pain that she could hardly contain, shaking in her anguish. Her eyes were closed, both to try and prevent the tears from falling and staining him, and because she couldn’t bear to look at the bloodbath around her. Yes, she cared about them; they had fought together, bled together; she knew all of their names, and recalled every memory they made, which only served to worsen her condition. Her head raged with negative thoughts; she was angry, upset, terrified, and—more than she had felt in a long time—like she wanted to die. Who could have done this?

Her answer came far sooner than she anticipated when she heard an eerie growl. “Ruuben,” she said worriedly, still a little choked up from her despair. She broke off the hug and quickly helped him stand, a rush of adrenaline as she saw some sort of monster’s snout poke out from one of the dark rooms. There wasn’t enough for mourning as always, casualties of war that she wasn’t even certain she would get to bury. Her hands glowed, ready to defend them. What stepped out was some sort of partially-decayed wolf monster—likely a deviant—that looked at them with a very cold gaze. She was not about to wait for it to kill them too, so she hastily fired a beam at it, only for it to evade, though she kept firing, hoping for dear life that her abilities wouldn’t malfunction.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:07 am

「 January 7, 2013 」

Ruuben wasn't very into hugs, so the fact that Dana just hugged made him freeze for a bit. In a normal situation, he would probably tell them to back off. But in this situation, saying that was the most apathetically cruel thing to do. So, Ruuben just let her hug him but on the other hand, he was feeling tensed due to the negative emotions that crashed into him. He decided to pretend that it didn't affect him, the old-fashioned way of coping with murder- even though in the end of the day, it was going to leave him to pieces.

Later, the sound of an eerie growl made Ruuben's muscles freeze and tense, his head jerking up to see where it came from. Dana didn't even need to tell him what was up, because Ruuben's superhearing and rough experiences make him act a bit snappy and anxious. And yes, that also means that he has big trouble sleeping that he had to use some meds to get some rest. Like, sleeping pills and anxiolytics. Except he's not on meds right now and the wolf will kill them a second later, so the first thing Ruuben did was to push the wolf to the wall telekinetically. But it didn't stop there- he decided to smash it down until it didn't move. After that, Ruuben wouldn't know what to do but he will be feeling nauseated at the fact that he might have killed something... or someone.

((ooc))

Close these green eyes and watch over as I sleep through my darkest of dreams...

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:28 am
Jade Galaksylph

As she watched the man die, she couldn't bring herself to pity him, gazing coldly, vengefully as he died before her eyes. How could she pity him after what he had done? With all that happened, she found herself shaken. Her tears hadn’t dried, and she was denied a chance to mourn her own friends; the only thing she had now was the aftertaste of vengeance and what was left of her friends. It was a bittersweet feeling; she was relieved to have avenged her comrades, but it wouldn't bring them back to her. If she had known their previous gathering would be their last, she would have done everything to make their last moments count, but she couldn't. If she arrived sooner, she might have been able to save them, but she failed to protect them.

If she had bad days then, this was among the worst, but she couldn’t stand idle, especially not while she had arrived with a purpose. It was difficult, but she held herself together, triggered the distress beacon, and grabbed the first aid kit, taking a stool and preparing to patch herself up. Her knees were shaking, and the sensations of pain she felt before were beginning to resurface. No matter how indifferent she felt towards taking a life, however, she wasn’t insensitive to how he might have felt. He had been reluctant in the past; she wasn't certain how he might have felt now. As she began tending to her own wounds, she did her best not to think of the bloodbath around her, but she needed to stay and protect their remains, because she wanted them properly buried, even if that risked dying herself. Her voice gave it away, the heartbreak and the pain, though she tried as best she could to hide it. “You’ve helped me a lot. I can’t ask you to do any more than you already have. If you want to turn around and never come back to this, I understand. I owe it to my friends to stay and fight. I can’t force you to join our cause.” He likely had a family to go back to, people he needed to protect of his own. While she felt she could have helped him and his family, she understood that he was skeptical of making that decision. Either way, alone or not, she had to pull herself together.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:09 am

「 January 7, 2013 」

The adrenaline faded, and Ruuben's hands were trembling again as he stared at the dead body of the deviant he murdered- though it was clear that he was blankly staring through the corpse. After two years of his bloodshed, apparently Ruuben probably will never escape the fact that he probably won't be given a normal life anytime soon. Ruuben wanted to prove that even deviants like him can live a normal life, such as being a professional photographer or going to college. While Ruuben did finish his college, he was never given the chance to decide how he should live at age 21. Ruuben was messed up that even if he was currently working as a Graphic Designer, it still didn't feel right. Maybe he didn't deserve to live like how his two brothers have, given that Reima and Riku were humans... Or dormants, whatever the ******** they were.

He didn't cry nor grieve. This time he just folded his arms tightly and muttered to himself in Finnish that's translated to "Nothing you can do about it. Get over with it." through his shaky breath. Even though he felt like saying that phrase every morning was a waste of time. He didn't bother looking back at Dana, who was assuring him that she can't ask him to do something anymore but more importantly, Dana told him that she was never forcing him to join the Dominion.

That broke Ruuben's weak apathetic masquerade the moment she finished talking, and that he bit his lower lip. "Thank you... for assuring me that joining the Dominion is all up to my decision," Ruuben began to speak as he turned around to see Dana, "It's just- Listen, have you heard this old news three years ago? About a freshly graduated college student in Oklahoma who had gone missing for about two and a half years? Well, um..." God, why was he suddenly talking to her about his past more than he did to Mr. Bautista? "I... I was that student. I'm pretty sure the media kept this hidden, which is probably for the best, but I was taken away. Didn't give me any choice but to work with them for their... dirty business. I'm not sure if you people heard about a wanted masked criminal named Swishflick? That's... that's actually me." The last part sounded as if Ruuben was disgusted of the word Swishflick, because no matter how he'd like to deny it, they were the same person. Ruuben wasn't brainwashed and he was too aware of what he had done, some days he wished that he was just mind-controlled instead...

"Then, when some break-out operation broke in the place, I tried to turn against these people and kind of succeeded- Obviously, I didn't go unharmed. Because my ex-"superiors" are ********' deviants of all people- and they say that all deviants get along at each other." He gave off a self-deprecating laugh at himself and patted his left shoulder, as if Ruuben was implying that he got a "souvenir" from that incident. Whatever it was, it's probably bad. There were a lot of things that he opted out, but Dana clearly didn't need to hear that and besides, Ruuben wasn't forced to say this or anything. "The point is... I just hope there was something I can do to make it up. Though, I don't think anything I do will make up for it, it doesn't bring people back to life. You're probably a deviant war hero, I'm just some ex-assassin."

He shrugged, then looked down before opening his mouth again without even thinking, "So... If I were to join you people, will I be able to protect my family? Or am I just going to cause more harm than I've had done in the past?" Ruuben was looking at her with an anxious look, while knowing that his mother who used to be a soldier will probably never agree to her son being pulled to another situation that could get the entire Vang-Korhonen family killed.

((i think this is the part where he is slightly considering joining them))

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:23 am
Jade Galaksylph

As shitty as she felt from her wounds and traumatic experiences, she still managed to be surprised as he finally elaborated on his experiences, and she began to finally understand his skepticism. As he shared his tale, she nodded, but was especially attentive when he mentioned that deviants were responsible for his mishap. It was hard for someone to believe in the concept of deviants sticking together when he was a victim himself. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know,” she replied. It made some sense out of his mannerisms. How could anyone who’s endured as much trust in others? He had seen a lot, and he was a victim himself. He did things he wasn’t proud of, manipulated and turned into something he wasn’t. Her silence wasn’t because she didn’t care, it was because she was uncertain what to say. How could she even hope to answer that? However, when he mentioned his family, she had a clear answer. “We’re not perfect. I don’t have much of a family left myself, but…” Her family was dead to her; they abandoned her, but she had something she believed in, a chance to fight for something, or fall for nothing. In this case, she could help him and his family. “I know what we do for your family, though. It’s our city; they’ll be safe there. You’ve already helped me; that constitutes assistance in the war. Your family can have a home there, be protected. I won’t force you to fight for us any more than you already have, but if you’ll let me, I can make sure your family’s safe. If we can get them there before things get worse here, they’ll be better off. It’s where they take the families of those fighting in the war.”  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:12 pm

「 January 7, 2013 」

Ruuben thought that Dana's offer sounded a bit helping, though he could admit that he didn't think his family was the type to "need protection." Then again, his mother knew how to fight, after all. Hell, even if he invited Filomena to that city, she didn't think she would come, either. That was one of the things Ruuben and his father have in common: they both have stubborn lovers and it's great. He made a slight snicker and replied, "As much as I want to say yes, I know my mother well enough that she would insist that she didn't need protection. Then again, she used to be a soldier in Finland before she married my dad." He paused, then thinking about his girlfriend's opinion, "As for my girlfriend... I don't- I don't want to leave her here. She stays here to protect this city, after all. There's still alot of people here who aren't as lucky to go to... Nova Diem, was it? She's 100% human as far as we're concerned, but she has my back regardless."

On the other side of the coin, Ruuben guessed that his family staying there was for the best. At least he will be the only one that take a bullet, even if they will most like say 'no'. What they probably won't get was the fact that Ruuben was okay with this, because this time; this is his choice. And if he was lucky enough to actually do good, maybe he was okay with dying with good deeds rather than living his life without it. "But, I'll try to talk with them. I just need time, and their time. But I'll try to consider, at least I get to not let some deviants have the same story similar to mine... or yours. Or both. But if that doesn't work... I'll stay here to take care of this city, but your guys are free to call me anytime when in need of assistance."

((i think this is the part where he is slightly considering joining them))

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm
Jade Galaksylph

“We’re trying to bring people there, but it’s not exactly easy to convince anyone these days, especially since the media insists we’re genocidal terrorists. I understand if you can’t go. If we can stay in touch, I’ll do my best to keep you updated on what might involve this city.” It was the least she could do. Whether or not people realized it, the war was inching closer and closer with a disappearing middle ground. Oklahoma was right in the middle, which meant it would eventually be a battleground, and a very violent one at that. Whatever his family believed now, she was certain they would change their minds once they saw how terrible things could get. Dana herself wasn’t too sure how long until it got that bad in Tulsa. For all they knew, the city might have been left asunder tomorrow. “Like I said, though. You don’t have to stick around here for my backup to arrive if you don’t want to. I may feel like s**t, but I’ve survived this far. If you feel like you need to go to your family and girlfriend first, I won’t be upset. I don’t have a family anymore. These guys around me were my family. Protect yours with all you’ve got, while they’re still there.”  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:10 am

「 January 7, 2013 」

"Hey now, I'm still considering it." Ruuben assured her, as if he wasn't thinking of joining the Dominion. Geez, that word sounds really misleading now that he was thinking of it- if he could get away with it Ruuben can at least suggest another name for Dominion because it sounded so... Imperial-like. Though, he was hoping that his parents realize how dangerous Tulsa has been becoming over every successive day. He was pretty sure that his parents were considering moving out and going back to Finland now, especially Riku. The youngest son was only nineteen, even if he insisted that he wanted to help people. "Except I actually want to." Ruuben said, trying to sound firm, "You're right, I don't exactly have to stick around here, but I can't pretend that none of this ever happened. My entire year was me pretending that none of my mishap ever happened but that didn't work at all. You know what? At this point maybe regardless of how I'm going for, at least it's my choice. It's been so long since I actually have one so I might as well do it now." Maybe Ruuben should have said better than that, but now that he was thinking about it... He can handle just fine, and he'll ******** prove it to them.

He sighed after releasing his pent-up energy, and shook his head, "And stop thinking that you're s**t, okay? You're not, you don't deserve any of this." He didn't know why he, a self-deprecating deviant, was telling someone to not feel like s**t when he didn't apply it to himself. Maybe the last thing he ever wanted to hear that someone being miserable as he was, perks of being an empath, he guessed.

((last post))

Quote:

Santiago Campos

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items