Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Panem et Circenses

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:05 pm
February 12, 2013

4:48 PM

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:12 am
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

User Image
                                  Preceding the entertainment of the day was their Head of State and benevolent sovereign, the cryokinetic whose influence had swept the world. Her platform was a clear stage defended by men and women in white uniforms, standing proudly beside their leader. Rebecca Strode, more commonly known as Ms. Snow, stood before an adoring audience of thousands, standing comfortably at her podium as the crowd fell silent to hear her. Her audience was composed largely of the family members of those who fought outside the city, deviants who had gifts more beneficial to the city’s maintenance, and the city guard as well. As the war raged outside the city, entertainment, words of reassurance, and other distractions served to keep morale up. It was a very productive way to operate; everyone outside who fought found reassurance that their loved ones were being protected and productive. She promised them that they would be safe and content; she delivered on that promise, and they loved her for it. Even the menial workers found that they could return home comfortably. The celebrations of the day further improved the overall appreciation for the city.

Her words were clear, confident, and articulate; she had an outline before her, but she needn’t glance at it, having memorized her speech with all certainty. “We’ve come a long way, brothers and sisters. It wasn’t so long ago that many of us fell victim to a world that didn’t recognize our gifts, that saw us as something less than human. However, we have remedied this, and we have come to understand that we are not less, but more; more than what society intended, and more than mere abnormalities. We are the future of mankind,” she said, pausing momentarily, “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams,” she said, quoting Eleanor Roosevelt. “We stand here today to recognize those who fight to keep our dream alive in a war of ideals against a misguided enemy. We mustn’t forget the price paid to retain our home. We shall not frown at their memory, however.” Her tone became more conclusive, more celebratory. “We shall rejoice at their sacrifices, celebrate our progress, and let it strengthen our resolve to see this war end.” As she raised her arms, the sound of thunderous applause filled the crowd, before she stepped aside, allowing the podium to descend and commencing the festivities of the day. While there would be a concert there, there were parades all throughout the city. People were free to participate at their leisure. Ms. Snow, however, would be returning to the silence of her tower. She would simply watch the festivities take place from the window of her office.

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            This is the world you've created; the product of what I've become
                                            My soul and my youth seems it's all for you to use
                                            If I could take back the moment I'd let you get under my skin-
                                            Relent or resist? Seems the monster always wins
                                            You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage
                                            Can you change me? Can you change me from the monster you made me?
                                            Rυυвεп Vαпɢ-Kσянσпεпxl━━
                                            ( xS W I S H F L I C Kx )xl━━
                                            ( From OklahomaFinnish DeviantEx-Assassin )xxxx

「 12 February 2013 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ruuben was feeling conflicted right now. On one hand, he was feeling relieved that he convinced most of his family to move out of Oklahoma and go back to Finland, where they should be safer. Of course, he and aiti had a fit over why he had to stay until Ruuben made a point that no matter how bad his decision was, at least it was his choice and hoped she would understand that it has been so long since he actually made one. Thankfully, it worked, though he figured his mother would be lying to say that she won't be worried about him- Ruuben can tell. His father... well, at least he was a bit understanding, he guessed... But maybe it was because it was like they shared some form of weird wavelength because after all, Ruuben got most of his bookworm traits from his father. Reima, however, reluctantly complied- very reluctantly and bullied Ruuben into swearing to contact him as much as possible because he was a protective arse like that.

But on the other hand, one person just didn't want to leave Ruuben alone: his younger brother Riku. Ugh, ******** Riku. They almost end up in a blow-up when the younger brother insisted that he wanted to stay and it lasted until Riku pointed out that he won't let Ruuben disappear without a trace ever again. Ruuben's reaction? Well... he had no choice, but at least they decided to move out of Tulsa and moved to somewhere... less messy. Things had been hard for him since meeting Dana last month, though he had been helping Filomena out in Oklahoma as much as he can. He couldn't leave Ena alone there, otherwise he might never forgive himself. He hated long-distance relationship, but Ruuben could not bring himself to tell Ena about what he had been doing or what was his plan when his plan was joining the Dominion. Ena has a human, and a cop; and even if she still love him as if him being a deviant wasn't an obstacle between them, then him joining the Dominion will be.

The two brothers were among the crowd, watching Ms. Snow deliver her speech- though Ruuben couldn't help but feel uncomfortable about it. It sounded too good to be true, and Nova Diem was too much of a "paradise" to be real. Then again, Ruuben lived his life in hell so it he found it hard to believe of how this place could be so peaceful. Riku seemed surprised, though, but he's an idealist to Ruuben's bordering cynicism. But God forbid because Riku was a stubborn idealist...

« with [his younger brother] at [Nova Diem] »

PERSONAL FILESOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ((aiti = 'mother' in Finnish))
                                            ((@Tiger and Klay : In case you two want to throw Anna/Shockwave(?) (Tiger) and/or Gian (Klay), be my guest))

My heart's an artifice, a decoy soul,
                                            I lift you up and then I let you go
                                            I've made an art of digging shallow holes
                                            I'll drop the darkness in and watch it grow
                                            My heart's an artifice, a decoy soul
                                            Who knew the emptiness could be so cold?
                                            I've lost the parts of me that make me whole

Klayko

Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:50 am
Julian Galaksylph

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Soon enough, a familiar individual announced herself after approaching him. “Hey! I’ve been meaning to—” she stopped mid-sentence when she realized his wariness. “You okay? You look like you’re expecting some mass murder.” He was cynical, which—given his tale—she understood. It was unbelievably peaceful there; the city had a lot of faith in its leadership, so the morale was high and people were far too grateful to misbehave. “It’s everything I said, right?” Frankly, she couldn’t read his mind, so she could only guess at what was bothering him. It didn’t cross her mind that he was merely suspicious of how tranquil things were—beyond the festivities, of course.

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:26 am
                                            Rυυвεп Vαпɢ-Kσянσпεпxl━━

「 12 February 2013 」

Ruuben found himself a bit skittish that he blinked in surprise at Dana's arrival, looking at her suddenly concerned expression. But he supposed being skittish and hyper-aware was a bit better than dissociating at times and staring at an empty space. Ruuben hated it when he realized that he was doing it, and sometimes he would miss out a lot of things and couldn't bring himself to ask someone to repeat what they said for him. That being said, why are people saying that his condition was cool? Because to be honest, Ruuben would pay anything just to have a good night sleep and maybe keeping his awareness on steady check. Goddammit.

"Um." Ruuben managed, until he noticed his brother Riku looking just as concerned as well. God, not this again. "I-- I'm fine, yeah. It's just..." The deviant bit his lip and sighed, "It's just that it's too peaceful here? I don't know, what was something that you said?" And he wasn't even joking about it, there were a lot of things Dana had said that he might have to keep track of, so perhaps that hopefully she could be a little bit specific.

"Anyway..." He said, knowing that he might have left his younger brother out of the conversation, Ruuben simply gestured Riku to Dana, as he wasn't the type to... touch people. Being an empath and all. "Dana, this is Riku. He's my younger brother." He said, trying to make a smile. Riku has a vibe of an optimist like most nineteen year-olds, offering his hand to the lady for a handshake. "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm a medical student right now, just saying." Riku chuckled, as if trying to make the conversation normal, probably for Ruuben's sake. Geez, he wasn't that dense- Or no, maybe dense was a non-existent word when one describes Ruuben but still....

((@Tiger and Klay : In case you two want to throw Anna/Shockwave(?) (Tiger) and/or Gian (Klay), be my guest))

Santiago Campos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:24 pm
Julian Galaksylph

Dana rose a brow, but was ultimately retaining a humorous attitude, tilting her head and narrowing her eyes as if his question was odd. “We have nice public bathrooms?” she said, after he inquired about what she may have said to describe the city. It was a joke, obviously, an honest one, but she wouldn’t elaborate, especially since his brother had politely introduced himself. She happily took Riku’s hand and shook it saying, “Name’s Dana. I run missions on the Middle Ground. At the moment, the only thing I’m running is trips to the grocery store, though,” she said with an amused shrug. Life was good, basic rations were plentiful, and that didn’t even include the benefits for those who contributed further. “How’s Nova treating you? I’m guessing the mass of paperwork’s done and your settled?” Given how the war made getting into the city harder, it was a real blessing for individuals to come clean and get in without going through excessive testing.

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:16 am
                                            Rυυвεп Vαпɢ-Kσянσпεпxl━━

「 12 February 2013 」

Ruuben couldn't help it, perhaps it's his empathy thing but he smiled in amusement when Dana made a joke about bathrooms. That smile turned to be a chuckled, shaking his head because he couldn't help but be surprised that Dana was capable of having sense of humor. Not that he didn't have any, he can pull one if a normal day... but it's more snark and dry humor in his part. "Perhaps I can help you with the groceries later. or now?" Riku said, as if trying to sound charming that that Ruuben roll his pale green eyes. "What's the Middle Ground again?"

"Oklahoma."
                                            Ruuben simply said, albeit a bit terse, "Though I know Texas had it worse but still..."

"Right, noted." Riku quickly dispelled the topic, because according to his gut feeling he was making Ruuben uncomfortable about hitting a nerve. Talking to Ruuben was getting a bit hard recently, since he tends to be... distant. "Nova Diem, or well I just call it ND, is kind of nice. Ruuben felt like it was straight out of some dream."

"I did not say that." Ruuben gave his younger brother an unimpressed look, because he really didn't say that. Shaking his head again, Ruuben replied, "Anyway, yeah. Me and Riku were finally settled in and... I think there's one more thing left. The whole recruitment and all." The last sentence was more of a whisper, lest that Riku could hear it. Ruuben knew that Riku was freaking out over the fact that he'll be joining the Dominion but gosh, it wasn't like he was going to fall for everything! A skeptic was still a skeptic, though Ruuben was the type to shut up about his own opinions unless he felt comfortable sharing it. There was no way he was going to go assassin again, ever. If anything, he would appreciate being a scout or perhaps someone who can give support to people in the battlefield. Sure, his skills about creating force barriers wasn't that good, but there had to be a deviant who knew how, right?

Santiago Campos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:48 pm
"My bullets punish all without distinction"

User Image

Rip Van Winkle

It was a strange sight to behold, a woman dressed in goth with an old world war 2 rifle complete with modern day scope strapped to her back skipping through the crowd while grinning. Those who had been around for a while, like Dana, would be used to the sight since such antics were the norm for one Rip Van Winkle. Most simply called her Rip for short, none knew her real name. While it all seemed extremely random on the surface, if one happened to know the history behind all of the elements, and knew Rip’s history, well it all made a lot more sense. “Dana!” Squealed the girl in delight at seeing the radioactive Deviant among the crowd of people. Rip wasted no time in skipping over to where Dana was standing with Ruuben and Riku and ended with giving Dana a rough, overzealous hug. “ooOOooo. Who are your new friends?” She asked after letting go of Dana to look the other two up and down. Despite being a young adult, she had mannerisms much more akin to a child.

February 12th, 2013

Julian Galaksylph
Santiago Campos

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Smooth Detective
Crew

Skilled Detective

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 pm
Julian Galaksylph

Deadly_Tiger

She quickly got on to the matter of discretion and would try not to be too loud. “We have a couple of offices around the city for it, so we can sort that out whenever you’re ready,” she said in a hushed tone, likewise not being too specific lest she was heard. “Besides, plenty of time to wo—” She she spotted a familiar face approaching, and spread her arms for the inevitable hug, which she returned in kind. Dana instinctively smiled at the sight of her friend. “And here I thought I’d have to hunt you down. These are brothers Ruuben and Riku, they’re new-ish around here,” she said promptly. She then looked over to the brothers to introduce the woman. “The one and only Rip Van Winkle.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:23 am
                                            Rυυвεп Vαпɢ-Kσянσпεпxl━━

「 12 February 2013 」

Ruuben didn't say anything when Dana returned her hushed reply, simply nodding like he usually does but he did try to talk to her in her mind telepathically, 'I'm ready anytime. The sooner the better.' . Now, he felt the need to ask Riku if he could go to their new home... but that felt such like a d**k move, let alone condescending. Also, he felt that his younger brother might take it the wrong way, and Ruuben wasn't always good in arguments- especially when it comes to family. He now felt worrisome about what he should consider doing but granted he tend to have doubts with his own actions like always.

Riku was just as anxious as Ruuben; especially when the medical student saw his older brother's expression like this. But he has a strong gut feeling, even if he wasn't a deviant. He was just good at being keen, more than Reima anyway. Reima tended to be careless about how he responded to almost everything, which was why Riku believed the fact that Reima and Ruuben still get along as a "wonder". Still, he despised it when he was left in the loop, but the last time he did, Riku eventually got the news of Ruuben gravely harmed. Hell, maybe Ruuben could have ******** died and Riku was terrified of Ruuben plans for "himself" because Riku thought that Ruuben just didn't know how to take care of himself; Perhaps being lost for two years can do that to you.

Ruuben was able to sense what Riku was feeling right now, the deviant was about to say something when someone interrupted and just gave Dana a big hug. Ruuben as a result felt the need to step back for while, avoiding direct from contact from the goth girl. She looked way too younger than him, but maybe it was because she came across as... childish. He did not however liked the fact that the teal-haired girl scrutinized him up and down, but granted Ruuben never liked being observed. Though, from what he could tell from his telepathy, there was nothing than just happiness from the goth girl for him to worry about. Good. He still was thankful that Dana saved his a** and introduced them for him, making Ruuben give Rip a small smile, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Rip." he said, sounding way too proper than he should, then he looked at Riku- who was asking him telepathically, shown when the younger brother was intent on holding onto Ruuben's arm and asked, 'Is Van Winkle really her last name?' That ended up with Ruuben shrugging, like saying 'Hell if I know'. He cannot judge, few people in his old workplace thought the surname Vang-Korhonen was weird anyway.

« with [Dana, Rip, Riku] at [Nova Diem] »

((...))

Santiago Campos

Deadly_Tiger

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:05 pm
"My bullets punish all without distinction"

User Image

Rip Van Winkle

Rip van Winkle gave a bow with a flourish and a big grin. It was something she might have learned from a certain magician during one of her adventures. Sadly he had done some work with Providence since then, so she wasn’t allowed to see him anymore. Well she was….she was just supposed to take him out if she had the chance and she really didn’t want to shoot him if she could avoid it. He’d been nice to her and had put on a fantastic show, even if he wanted to protect the humans. “Can I hug them?” She asked Dana with big eyes while tilting her head to one side. She had boundary issues and when you lived on an island where a decent percent of the population had issues of their own due to mistreatment by issues…well a rule had been made that she was supposed to ask before hugging someone new.

February 12th, 2013

Julian Galaksylph
Santiago Campos

Private Role-play

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas