Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[COMPLETE] Congregation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:32 pm
    Shiloh gave Jamie a glance, then he looked back to Naz. "I... guess I can do a cliff notes version, give me a second."

He debated with himself for a bit, "So. Weres—Moonwalkers—are people who can shift into animals. Wargs are people with animal familiars. Then there's the Nobles who have places here—like, here—" He motioned around the room, "—In Court. They have a lot of magic that helps them keep the peace between the Otherworld and ours, I guess."

Shiloh sighed.

"And a long time ago, a group of people made the Charter. Back then, Moonwalkers and Wargs were the same, and the Nobles didn't exist, but the Charter like, made it so." He looked at Jamie again, kind of flustered. Shiloh wasn't the teaching type, even though he tried his best. "But um, the Charter is kind of bad because it ended up hurting a lot of people, so we're... destroying it." He shrugged, "And making a new one. That's why everyone's gathered here tonight. We've all been working really hard on it for the past month. Some of us longer."

"...but I mean, don't take that the wrong way. Changing this can potentially change a lot of things, so it's good that you're here, even if you're undifferentiated. You can give your input on stuff too, and..." He looked around, catching a few more unfamiliar faces in the group, "It's better to know other people who are magic too. I didn't realize there were so many of you..."

Ok, it was more like a handful, but still.

"It might get kinda dangerous though, so just try to be careful."

saedusk

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 pm
Waiting patiently was the least she could do, so Nazriya put a hand to the side of her waist and gave him an encouraging smile.

Nodding along to his explanation, she did her best to file everything away. Some of it - alright, most of it - she'd need to examine later, at greater depth but for now... this'd armed her with a great deal more knowledge than she'd stepped through that curtain with. "Okay, I think that makes sense. Roundabout so, anyhow - top marks on the cliffnotes," she shifted her stance, smiled with a teasing light to it and gave him a slow nod of appreciation. "And thank you, really; your explanation was very useful."

Not that it made much sense, because there was still a part of her that rebelled at the thought of magic being actually, really real but - the world had changed, or maybe she'd gone insane, and magic now seemed to be an accepted part of the everyday. For a given value of 'everyday' and 'accepted', anyhow.

So maybe this was just another aspect to it, one that didn't get passed around by normal people. She couldn't really blame these people, considering the general attitude towards magic.

There were still questions - undifferentiated? dangerous? - but one stood out among the rest; "just, ah, not to put too fine a point on it, but.." She hesitated before continuing; "what exactly do you mean 'other magic people'? I mean, I'm not-- there's no way I'm magic, seriously." A bit unhinged maybe, but not magic.

saedusk
Melancholies

Ephebe

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:53 pm
Shiloh looked bad enough, they could see it in the set of his shoulders, hear it in his voice. And his boyfriend, pretty as ever; something like jealousy roiled in Alexis' throat, for a second, that the sigil had chosen him - they pushed it away. Nothing had chosen them. Nothing should.

They pushed away from Nasir, letting go of his fingers all tender, and made their way to the balcony to glance at Nazriya; their lips thin, one arm on the banister for balance, face pale. Their freckles stood out awfully clearly.

"If you're here," they sighed, "you've got magic, whether you know it or not. 's good to figure out what it is, fast as you can, so you can be comfortable with it."

Melancholies
proximity, shiloh

Ephebe
nazriya

saedusk
proximity, jamie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:17 pm
"Oh, there they are," he mumbled to himself, waving as he called out next, "Be there in two shakes, darling." Say his farewells to the man he'd bumped and head on over, that had been the plan.

Except, well, he felt a little bad. If nothing else, he could relate.

"You really don't know?" Eli asked as he turned back to Ro. "Ever heard of the Otherword, the charter, magic?" He tipped his hip to one side. "There's a reason everyone is here today."

GhouIs
have a bad phone tag

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:48 pm
No ******** way.

"This is- this is the otherworld?" Of course he'd heard of it. Cid never shut up about it. He'd done his best to avoid it and had ended up having dreams about it... he thought that's all it was. Just dreams based on Cid's ramblings. He would've preferred it to stay that way.

"How do I leave?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:22 pm
"It must be," Eli replied, "I got a warning about the portal just before it popped up right in front of my face. How was I supposed to avoid that?" Then he sighed and shrugged. No use asking about the whys and hows at this point.

"I've only been here three or four times. I'm no expert. Some people can make portals to get out, but me..." he sighed, "I'm not going to be much help in that department."

GhouIs

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:16 pm
    Camila was doing like, y'know, normal college-age girl things, like painting her nails and glancing out of the window every 10 minutes with the intensity of a water buffalo. But these things were all short lived, because suddenly there was a shimmering door in front of her.

And like, any normal person would've avoided it. And Camila was a normal person. The problem here was the fact that she was in her room, and the portal was in her doorway, which meant it was completely unavoidable unless she went through her window, and she didn't really want that y'know? So she selected a pair of flip flops (just in case, think of her green polish) and... poked her head through the thing.

This amounted to her entire body shifting through the veil anyway. Good going Mila.

And now she was just staring up at the grand making of the room, her eyes wide and disbelieving, her words at a complete loss. Where the heck was this? Did she die for real this time? She didn't even know any of these people... not that she was really looking.

"Oh god," She murmured under her breath as she watched the going-ons down below, "It's a cult gathering." She didn't really have a problem with Satanists or whatever, but she wasn't really into sacrificing live goats.

Quote:
im so sorry mila is a mess but feel free to come over @ anyone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:24 pm
Nasir glanced when Oliver did, not familiar with his roommate but at least knowing about him. "You know I still haven't met Eli yet," he said, before shooting Alexis a look as they wandered over to Shiloh instead of going to Preacher.

Your moirail is disapproving, Alexis. Disapproving so hard.

"You know we could just pile our familiars on you and you won't feel left out," spoke Nasir a moment later. He then fished into his pocket, Trouble produced with a sleepy grumble. That pocket of Oliver's hoodie? Totally ended up with a sleeping flying squirrel.

Looking around the room again, Nasir caught sight of Lily again and waved her over. "Lils!" he called out.

M3lancholies

The S3mblance of Unity

Da3kie

iloveyouDI3

sa3dusk

AMItotic

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:24 pm
Leila nodded neutrally at Kaleb, also giving a wave when he approached. Then she briefly squinted at him like there was a bright light in her eyes. "It's not on the shelf it usually is," she said. "Try the cupboards."

Eve gave Leila an expecting look.

"Right, right... that was a vision. And no, I can't tell you more."

grey dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:44 pm
Kaleb was quickly becoming overwhelmed with all the familiar people to wave at or say hello to. Shiloh got a wave back, as did Jamie, but many others hadn't yet met his glance. He saw Horace there, and Nasir, and Lily was there as well, and... pretty much almost everyone.

Usually he could pass through a crowd of people just fine with unremarkable anonymity, but he had never had so many people he considered 'friends' all in one place before. Did politeness dictate he greet people with more than a wave? Would it be viewed poorly if he went to visit one friend and not another, even if they all seemed busy with people already? Would it be bad if he did join them, possibly interrupting their interactions with other friends?

Leila's rather vague advice was enough to bring him out of his troubled thoughts, if only temporarily. "The cupboards... Thank you," he replied in a somewhat distracted tone.

Melancholies
sorry~

saedusk
he's scared already~

cibarium
and distracted by the scared~

Grey Dragon

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:29 pm
Shun took notice of Shiloh and Alexis's glares in his direction. He met their gazes briefly but there wasn't really any real acknowledgement beyond that. He didn't seem too phased by them.

Taking his hands out of his pockets, he went on to fold his arms over his chest. There was notably no sign of any injury on either of his hands.

It seemed like there was a surprising amount of people who were even more new and clueless about this world than most of them. This did not bode well in his opinion. It probably meant they had a bigger chance to ******** this all up. Or worse, they'd get in the way when they needed to get something done.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:49 pm
tw for blood

Shiloh's darkness looked normal at a glance; he looked ordinary until you saw the blood on his palms, the blood on his neck and the blood on his arms, the wound on his throat bubbling up like Aodelle's—perhaps even Heliodora's—though Shiloh would never know that himself.

In his back was a knife, the area around it red and hot looking like coals, the blade lodged in clear up to the handle.

Blade Kuroda
backstabberrrr

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:55 pm
What Jamie could offer for Shiloh's impromptu magic lesson was a squeeze of the hand, tight and reassuring. This wasn't something easily explained in one sitting. The best he could offer was this, "If, um, you want someone to talk to about this later—more in depth, I mean—I can help. Because, um..."

How many people were magic but didn't know it? How many people were magic but hid it, refusing to reveal themselves even to others in the magical community? Being this way wasn't always easy. Being social in general wasn't always easy. If he'd known about Kaleb's anxiety, for example, he would've tried a little harder to reach out.

"They're right, though," he said, gesturing to Alexis. "You wouldn't be here if you weren't magic... It's highly, highly unlikely, at least."

With a small sigh, Jamie glanced at the ground, but something else glanced in Shun's direction as he did so. It was like faint pink smoke overlaid on top of him, curvy in stereotypically feminine sort of way. Its eyes were sharp and hateful, but its frown full with emotional pain of a different sort. It wavered like the surface of a pond disturbed by the wind.

Melancholies
Ephebe
Daekie
Blade Kuroda
a lil darkness for u since jame is right next to shiloh
Grey Dragon
precious child qq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:40 pm
Ro frowned. Of course there wasn't an easy way out. He ran a hand trough his hair and tugged at the thick strands, irritated by the situation he'd somehow managed to step right into.

"Right, well... thanks man." His gaze dropped to the ground as a million and one thoughts raced through his head. "I'm gonna go look for somewhere to, uh, sit down..." He turned without waiting for a response, determined to do just as he'd said.

saedusk

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:00 pm
Preacher snorted loudly, covering her smile with one hand. Chester had just pocketed the cheeto like it ain't no thang. If she wasn't so busy being comfortable as ********, she'd go over and bother him. For now, she lifted her phone and snapped a picture of him all 'cool-guy leaning'.

She really, really, really wished she could just poof into a mink form, but Preacher was seventy-eight percent sure Silk would swoop down like some avenging angel and take her by the tail. Silk was so very, very peculiar. Boredly, Preacher started taking pictures of the people milling around. Maybe she'd appointed herself record-keeper for the time being. They'd already mostly gathered in small groups, logical groupings.

smerdle
just takin a pic

everybody
say cheese

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items