Captain

Dedicated Bookworm

7,325 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:21 am
Guild Conduct Rules

Rule #1: Please understand and obey Gaia’s Terms of Service and Rules and Guidelines. Breaking the site’s rules can mean consequences for the entire guild and none of us wants that to happen. If you need a refresher on what is prohibited, please take a moment to read over the Terms of Service and the Rules & Guidelines pages so that you know what to avoid.

Rule #2: Bullying WILL NOT be tolerated. If I get word of this type of conduct you will be investigated and kicked if I or the crew find the claims to be valid. This is meant to be fun and safe environment so keep everything nice. If you have issues with someone’s attitude come to me or one of the crew and we’ll see if we can help the situation.

Rule #3: Don’t know? Ask! Don’t worry, my crew and I are very understanding people, and we’d love to help you if things get confusing. You can ask in the OOC chats, the Questions forum, PM us on Gaia, or ask us on Skype. There are tons of resources to find us. ^.^

Rule #4: Please do not make your own forums without asking permission first. There is a Forum Request page for this reason. If I don’t answer your request fast enough, please PM me as well.

Rule #5: Any type of role play content that is beyond Gaia’s PG-13 rule needs to be continued off of Gaia’s website, even continuing in PM’s is not allowed. Use email, Skype, or some other type of resource outside of Gaia.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:29 am
Role Playing Rules

Rule #1: No Godmodding or Role Play Metagaming. There are no exceptions. You will get only one warning for this offense then you will be kicked on a second offense. Don’t know what Godmodding is? Look below in the Spoiler. The only time you can control someone else’s character is when they give you direct permission to “puppet” their character if they are unable to post. Also, your character does not know everything you know. Keep things realistic and keep your character’s knowledge limited.

Godmodding is taking control of another player's character during roleplay. It's frowned upon and with good reason: you only control your character and no one else's.
Metagaming is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.

Rule #2: Pictures and posting formats are very much encouraged. There’s help available if you don’t know how. Please, No Nudity! A little cleavage and a deep V line are okay, but anything more will not be accepted.

Rule #3: Please use semi-realistic anime styled character pictures. However, please stay away from well-known characters that make it hard to view that as your character. If you’re having trouble finding good pictures, ask for help.

Rule #4: Use Diversity in your characters. Try to not play all girls or all guys, or all of the same race. We want to make this realistic and keep things unique amongst characters.

Rule #5: Do your best to post at least one paragraph. It’s especially hard for people to respond to short, non-descript on liners. If you need help on how to beef up your posts, ask for help.

Rule #6: All relationship types are allowed, but don’t force a relationship between characters. Remember that characters have their own personalities and that a character rejecting your character is personal against you. Along with that, please try to refrain from automatic couples. Having two characters with a history together is the only exception to this, but let’s make this realistic and allow there to be some build up before forming relationships.

Rule #7: No Mary Sues or Marty Stus! Have no idea what I’m talking about -- Check out the spoiler.

Mary Sue Traits:
Effortlessly Beautiful
Talented In Everything
'Beginners Luck'
Special Abilities
Born With Amazing Skill
No to Few Flaws
Loved By Everyone
Admiration without doing anything to deserve it
Everyone's Friend
Gorgeous but sees themselves as 'Plain'
Special Qualities i.e. Hair Color / Eye Color
"The Chosen One"
Super Clumsy and Shy
Everything comes Easily
Unable to fail
Super Smart
Knows Everything
No Parents
Horrible Background that would make a normal person 'damaged'
Desired by all
Super Young but equal to an Adult
Supernatural Tendencies
Hated By Everyone
Fluent in Many Other Languages
Athletic without being Sporty/Training
All Opposite Sex Characters usually 'have a crush' on
Secret Powers
Able to tell when others are Lying
All Around "Good"
Animals Love them
No Weakness / Hard to get through Weakness
Overpowered Strengths

Marty Stu Traits:
Mainly Stu: Awe-Inspiring Levels of Manliness
Romantic Stu: Unrealistically intuitive about his lover or love interest. Knows their thoughts. Super Bad Boy, Trouble, but Cute. A guy that every girl dreams about.
Uke Stu: WAY TOO in Touch with his Feminine Side. Perfectly Innocent and has little to no faults.
Lemon Stu: He can seduce and sleep with literally anyone he wand and REALLY gets around. Alt. name is Casanova Stu.
Anti-Stu: Unattractive and has many Undesirable traits but still, manages to score with many beautiful partners.
Geeky Stu: Average Looking, cerebral, outwardly quirky, and probably is adept in logic [academics, analysis, perception, etc…] Considers himself to be an intellectual elite in a world of fools.
Purity Stu: Main Character flaw? Lack of flaws. Being an All-Loving Hero. Often having a traumatic past.
Black Hole Stu: Draws in all the attention and causes other characters to bend and contort in order to accommodate him and elevate him above all other characters.
Informed Anti-Stu: Disadvantaged by society, magic, technology, or any other factor owing to certain attributes that make him weak and disadvantaged… except none of those weaknesses ever come into play.

-Katie-Loo-Hoo-
Captain

Dedicated Bookworm

7,325 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓾𝓼 𝓜𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers