Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Harper's New York Apartment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:35 pm
User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀H a r p e rXXJ a m e s ↘↘ Bartender and Aerokinetic
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

So what can you show me, That my heart don't know already?
We make our own sense, And you're qualified to me.

Leon seemed confused for a moment before Harper finally announced her plan of action. Then, he gave her a smile and agreed. It wasn't too terrible of a request, at least. Harper grinned back and launched herself up to her feet, startling the dog whose head shot up in response. "Great!" The redhead held out her hand when Leon asked what he should do with his cup, and she took both her own and his to the kitchen, quickly popping open the dishwasher and placing the cups face down inside before closing it once again. She clicked the 'off' button on the coffee maker as she came back out into the living room and grabbed her boots by the front door. She sat down again briefly to pull them on, before heading towards the door again. "Shall we?" She asked as she pulled her long, tan winter coat off of its hook and stuck her arms in the sleeves. Leon's own jacket and shoes were by the door as well -- she had taken the liberty of taking them off since she didn't particularly want a stranger's shoes on her couch. She gestured at them as she went to open the door, ready to lead them out into the morning cold of New York winter.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Home ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Leon and Mack ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Curious
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:40 pm
User Image

Leon Farshaw

The dog wasn't the only one who was caught off guard by how quickly she got up. How could anyone have this much energy this early in the morning? Too be fair she didn’t have a massive hangover like he did. He needed a bottle of aspirin, or better yet another drink. Not very much, just enough to level himself out. Leon silently held out his cup when she reached for it. He felt a bit strange having someone else take his dishes, but the whole situation was a bit strange to begin with. If only he had known drunkenly attacking someone in a bar would get him a date with an attractive red head. One whose name he still didn’t know. “I…uh…don’t think I got your name.” He admitted awkwardly as he stood up. He really couldn’t make a much bigger fool of himself after last night, could he? He gave the dog an affectionate pat on the head then headed, Leon had always liked dogs, then headed towards the door. He shrugged on his jacket, slipped on his shoes. “Lead the way.”

Feb 9th, 2013 | 10:35AM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 pm
User Image

She grinned at the man as he gave Mack a pat and rose to get his own things. "Oh, you don't remember?I'm offended." She made a mock sad face at him as she locked the door behind them. She was just teasing, of course, knowing he had been far too drunk to bother remembering what had been written on her name tag at the bar. "Harper James." She told him, beginning the descent down the stairs outside her door and into the snow below, hands stuffed into her jacket pockets. It was freezing, but the walking would warm her up. He seemed rather embarrassed about the whole thing, but Harper found it all quite amusing. She walked beside him as they made their way up the street in the direction of the cafe she had in mind. She nudged him a bit. "It's really alright, you know." Harper finally consoled, as he still seemed a bit off-put by the whole situation. "There was no harm done."

They continued walking for a short while until they reached the cafe -- it wasn't too far up the road. Once they were seated, Harper opened up the breakfast menu. "Alright Smokey, what're we having?" She asked, her face suddenly serious. She contemplated ordering the most expensive meal on the menu just to be funny, but that seemed like a little overkill.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: The Cafe ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Leon ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Amused
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:30 pm
User Image User Image User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Leon Farshaw
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Leon was glad she had a sense of humour, even going so far as It grin A BIT despite his currently pounding head. He might have even considered taking a pass at her if he hadn’t already made a massive fool of himself. Well that and she deserved way better than a guy like him based on the little bit he already knew about her. Leon followed in silence, out into the cold winter air while he stewed in his own thoughts. “Oh…uhh…thanks.” He clearly had no idea how he was supposed to respond to Harper’s assertion that no harm was done. Leon had done plenty of harm. Killed plenty of people. All for a military that had cast him out.

Mimosa’s were a socially acceptable way to drink in the morning, weren’t they? Usually he had a shot of whiskey, or a beer if he a little more time in the morning. Just enough to get rid of that headache and function during the day. He figured he better not considering last night. He could wait until after breakfast when he got back to his apartment. It wasn’t like he had a problem. He just functioned better with a little alcohol in him. “Smokey?” He gave her a sort of amused look over the menu and a shrug. “Not the worst thing I’ve ever been called. I’m going to go with two eggs over easy, bacon and toast, but get whatever you want.”
Feb 9th, 2013 | 10:5AM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:17 am
User Image

"Smokey?" Leon repeated, looking rather amused. She gave a shrug back. "It's all I've got for right now. We'll see what else I come up with over breakfast." Harper grinned. She liked nicknames, though people didn't always care for them. She raised an eyebrow when he stated that it wasn't the worst thing he'd been called. "What? You? No way." She joked, though if his stunt in the bar the night before had anything to say about it, she didn't doubt that that were true. People got uppity over things like that. Harper wasn't too off-put by it, though. In fact, she was rather enjoying herself. At the very least it was something out of the ordinary in her boring, dead-end-job life.

The server came to bring waters and take their orders, then, and Harper requested pancakes and a glass of orange juice. "So, what's on the docket for today, then?" She asked after the server had gone again, mostly making small talk. She had a feeling that he wouldn't want to keep talking about the bar incident, and she certainly wasn't going to ask about whatever it was that had led up to it in the first place. It wasn't her business -- well, it sort of was given the situation -- but anything that bad she could imagine someone wouldn't want to spill about to a stranger.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: The Cafe ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Leon ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Amused
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:43 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Leon Farshaw
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Leon leaned back in his chair and gave an easy smile. The girl had a good sense of humour which was hard to find. Especially with the pretty ones. Too bad he would never see her again. He knew what he was and wouldn't place that burden on anyone else. As soon as breakfast was over he'd lose her number, but it wasn't a crime to enjoy breakfast until then was it? What was his plan for the rest of the day? Find more alcohol and drink away his misery until Providence called with another mission. “Not a lot planned until I'm called in for another mission.” He answered instead. “Laundry, catch up on some movies, that sort of thing.” Take out the recycling. Normal people things. "How about yourself?"

It was way to early for Leon to be drunk as he was. Just after 8pm he found himself stumbling down the street with half a bottle of bourbon in his hand. Illegal, but he was way beyond caring. The breakfast with the pretty red head had put him in a bad state. Not because it had gone badly, but because it had gone well. Too well. Leon saw something he could never have. Add to the mix the death of his recent squad and his on going issues with alcohol and PTSD and you needed up with a man black out drunk in the early evening.

"Someone help me!" Cried a voice, stopping Leon. He squinted down the ally, not totally sure if the voice was real or not. No one else had stopped or looked towards the ally. If anything they sped up and looked the other way. "Please don't hurt me." That settled it. He turned and stumbled his way down the ally. When we rounded the corner he found two homeless looking fellows. One had a knife while the other had a revolver in rough looking shape. They were in the middle of mugging a young woman. Why she had come down here Leon couldn't fathom.

"Hey, let er go." He slurred while attempting to stand up straighter. The two men whirled around, a mixture of shock and fear on their faces. That was until they had a moment to appraise Leon. Then they burst out laughing.

"Why don't you sit down before you hurt yourself." The one with the gun scoffed before turning back to the woman. "Give us your purse all nice like and we won't hurt ya."

Leon stumbled forward, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I said let er go." Then all hell broke loose. As the homeless man turned he squeezed the trigger of the gun. Luckily the bullet hit the brick wall. The woman screamed and ran. Leon was shoved backwards. He stumbled a few steps before falling, but the homeless guys were no longer amused since their payday had run away.

"You're going to pay for that." The one with the knife threatened while Leon struggled to his feet. Not because he was hurt, but because he was wasted. Then the scuffle began in earnest. Leon managed to punch one of them in the gut only to get an elbow to the face. On the positive side he didn't really feel it and threw is own elbow in retaliation. He should have been able to take them both easily, but all the military training in the world couldn't make up for the fact that Leon could hardly keep himself standing. At some point the knife had been buried in his thigh, and he got a broken nose and a nasty cut across his temple from the handle of the revolver, but eventually the two homeless men had decided they had enough. The gun must have had only one round. Bloodied and bruised the two men ran.

"You better run!" Leon shouted after them. He picked up a trash can to throw at them, but ended up falling on his a** as he attempted to throw it.

Feb 1th, 2013 | 8:06PM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:15 pm
User Image

They talked for a little while longer over their food, about pretty ordinary things. Harper couldn't help but think that it was a very pleasant way to spend the morning. Like all things, though, it had to come to an end eventually. By the time they had finished their food and their chatting it was nearly time for her to get ready for work. She did leave him her number, though she couldn't tell if he was the sort of guy that would call or not. He still seemed like somewhat of a mystery.

They parted ways after the diner and she made her way through the rest of the day fairly normally. Changed for work, fed the dog, made her way down the road to the bar. Everyone asked about her that night -- whether she was alright, shaken up... What had happened to the mystery man that had caused all the problems. Harper had shrugged off all the questioning and pushed through the shift like usual. When it was over, she took her things out of her locker in the back room and headed back off down the road towards her apartment. This late at night she always took the bigger, more used streets, well lit. There were still a few alleys, just not quite so many as some of the back roads.

One in particular drew her attention, though it was still a short ways up the road. A gunshot sounded, and a woman screamed, racing out of the alley ahead. The sounds of fighting could be heard even from where she was, and she pulled her phone out, ready to call the cops for the second time in a row. Initially she had no intention of getting any closer, but a familiar voice caught her attention.

"You better run!"

This was followed by two men racing out of the alley and shoving past her, and a loud crashing noise like metal against concrete. She shoved her phone back into her pocket and decided -- against her initial judgement -- to investigate. She swore she knew the other voice, but perhaps it was just her imagination. Approaching slowly, she peered into the alley to see Leon on the ground beside a trash can... Presumably the source of the crashing sound. Harper stood over him with an eyebrow raised and a grin on her face. "Seems we're destined to keep meeting like this. Nothing good on Netflix?" She joked, reaching out a hand to help him up.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: The Cafe >> work >> the road home ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Leon >> coworkers >> Leon again ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Amused
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Leon Farshaw
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Leon blinked drunkenly a few times as if not understanding what he was seeing, or perhaps simply not believing it. Then a sloppy grin spread across his face. “Hey beautiful, what are you doing in a place like this?” His words were all slurred as if he was having a hard time controlling his tongue. “Showed those guys. Think twice before bothering a pretty lady again.” He seemed rather proud of his accomplishment despite the blood pouring down his face and the blood seeping into his jeans from the thigh wound. Then he rolled to the side and started struggling to stand up, seemingly oblivious to his injuries. He stumbled forward a few steps before crashing into the brick wall. At least it helped keep him upright?

Feb 10th, 2013 | 8:06PM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Harper watched the drunken grin spread across his face, a look of amusement on her own. "Hey beautiful, what are you doing in a place like this?" He slurred out. "Cleaning up after you again, apparently." She replied, though a frown crossed her face again at the sight of the blood running down his face. "Maybe you should think twice before getting into another fight." She crossed her arms and watched as he struggled to get back to his feet. He didn't last long before toppling back into the brick wall. Harper went to his side and pulled his arm over her shoulder for support. "Alright, this time I'm taking you home. Where do you live?" It was more of an order than a request.

He seemed confused, like he had suddenly forgotten where exactly he lived, and Harper unceremoniously dug around his jeans pockets for his wallet. then she pulled out her phone and typed in the address from his ID. The walk wasn't too terribly long, though it was rather difficult with a full grown man's weight over her shoulders. Getting the door unlocked was a feat as well -- she again had to dig around for the keys, and try each one on the ring until one finally worked. Once inside Harper locked the door behind them and dropped her bag onto the couch, taking Leon directly to the bathroom. She seated him on the toilet seat and then opened some cupboards to find towels. And turned on the warm water in the sink.

"Do you have bandages anywhere in here?" She asked after a moment, dabbing at the wound on his head with a wet washcloth. She wasn't sure he would be able to answer that either, but it was worth a shot before she went snooping through his entire apartment for the things she needed to get him fixed up. Now that they were in the light, she could see that he had a pretty deep wound to his thigh as well.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: the road home >> Leon's apartment ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Leon ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Amused and mildly concerned
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:09 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Leon Farshaw
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

"Kitsunderthebed." Leon informed her, each word running into the next in a nearly intelligible slur. At least he had answered her though, which seemed a significant improvement than earlier. When she asked where he lived he pointed vaguely in one direction and proudly proclaimed 'thataway!' before squinting and pointing in another direction 'or or maybe thataway.' It was all followed by him going 'whoawhoawhoa yougottabuymedinner first' when Harper gave up and started going through his pockets. If she went to look under the bed she'd find a lot more than bandages. She'd find an AK-47 laying on its side, loaded and ready to go, almost as if he expected to be attacked in his apartment at any moment. Beside it was a large white medical kit with the usual red cross on the lid. Inside was your standard military medical supplies. Bandages, distilled water, sutures she could use to stitch back up if she was feeling brave enough. Oddly instead of the usual painkillers, there was a mickey of whiskey.

Feb 10th, 2013 | 8:16PM

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:13 pm

Thankfully Leon managed an answer this time, though it was still barely intelligible. Still, she was able to pick out the word "bed" at the end, which was more than enough to send her in the right direction. The apartment wasn't big enough to wander around too long, and the bedroom was right at the end of the short hallway. Harper easily found it, and knelt down on her hands and knees to reach under the bed. Her hand grazed the metal of the gun before she had leaned forward far enough to see what it was, and she froze in momentary surprise before her eyes landed on the medical box. She remembered Leon briefly mentioning Providence before, but she was so far removed from all of that that she hadn't really thought much of it. And she definitely hadn't expected to find a gun sitting out under the edge of his bed. Harper was half tempted to question him about it, but she doubted she was going to get much of an answer from him just now -- he hadn't even been able to tell her how to get him home.

After a moment of hesitation she slid the medical kit out, leaving the gun in it's place, and returned to the bathroom where Leon waited. "Found it," She stated triumphantly, placing it on the edge of the bathroom counter to pop the lid open. The contents of the medical kit unnerved her too, though not quite so much as the gun had. Still, she was used to medical kits containing bandages, painkillers, some gauze and burn gel... Maybe some sort of disinfectant. Leon's medical kit had bandages, but it also looked like it was made for far worse injuries than the accidental cut or contact with a burner. He had been fairly vague about being involved with Providence, and now she wondered what exactly it was that he did to need a fully loaded gun and medical kit equipped for stitching up wounds so close at hand.

Harper pulled out the bandages, and lying beneath them was more alcohol. She held it up at him and raised an eyebrow. Coupled with the state she'd found him in twice now, she was beginning to think that maybe he had a bit of a drinking problem. Though, maybe a man with a relatively large gun under the bed had a reason to have a drinking problem. Still, Harper wasn't one to condone that sort of thing, being a bartender and all. She'd had to cut people off on plenty of occasions, and although she barely knew Leon, the whiskey in his medical box suggested that he might need to be cut off. Rather than push the point at the moment, she dropped it back into the box. "You're going to need to take your pants off," She informed him instead. Wrapping bandages around his jeans wasn't going to do much good, though she wasn't entirely sure he was going to be able to handle that task just now.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Leon's apartment ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Leon ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Amused and mildly concerned
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:59 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Leon Farshaw
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Leon gave Harper a drunken, sloppy grin. He honestly wasn't too sure what she had found, but she sounded excited so grinning seemed like the right response. Then a frown of concentration formed as his eyes focused on the med kit for several long seconds. In truth, he was trying to figure out what the white box was that Harper was so happy to find when it finally dawned on him and his eyes went wide. "Didsomeonehurtyou?! I'll kickhisass!" He declared heroically while attempting to stand up. Unfortunately, or maybe, fortunately, he only made it about halfway before collapsing back onto the toilet rather ungracefully. "Just assoonas theroom stopssssspinning" He added a little sheepishly. At least he managed to behave himself after that while she finished going through the med kit. Then she told him to take off his pants. He looked down into his lap in confusion. "When did that happen?" He asked all confused. At least it didn't hurt, but it looked nasty. Suddenly he became worried. Had he been on another mission? Had more people died? What was Harper doing here then? His head pounded. He needed more to drink he decided. If people had died he didn't want to remember. What was he doing? "Right....pants." He mumbled to himself and began to fumble with the most uncooperative jeans button in all of existence. It probably would have helped if he had stood up first.

Feb 10th, 2013

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 am

Harper couldn't help but return Leon's grin, despite the situation. She got the feeling that he wasn't really keeping track of what exactly was going on, and so she didn't bother over-explaining anything. Giving commands seemed to be getting her better results. While she was pulling what she needed out of the medical box, Leon seemed to forget briefly that he was the one who was injured, and he shot to his feet -- or attempted to -- declaring that he was going to take down whoever had 'hurt her'. Harper snorted, smirking at him as he wobbled and landed back on the seat of the toilet with a thud. "My hero," Her tone was slightly sarcastic. "I think you've been in enough fights for one week," She teased, giving him a skeptical, albeit amused look. Not that she thought it was a good thing, particularly, but she'd be lying to say she didn't find his drunken comments at least a little bit funny.

"When did that happen?" Leon asked, staring down at his pants, and Harper raised her eyebrows. She supposed at least that meant he was handling any pain alright... It took him just a little bit too long to register her words, and a flicker of concern crossed his face, though she attributed it to his having forgotten about the gash in his thigh. Finally he started trying to undo the button on his jeans, and Harper drew her brows together, watching with crossed arms as he struggled with it. "Need some help, Smokey?" She asked after letting it go on just a bit too long. "Come on, up -" She demanded, reaching around his elbow in an effort to tug him in the right direction, before proceeding to do just that. Though, she tried not to be too rough about it, not wanting to worsen his injury. "You know, usually when I'm taking off a guy's pants, it's not because they've been stabbed in an alley for playing hero," She joked.

⇛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Leon's apartment ⇛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Leon ⇛ ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Amused and mildly concerned
User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:43 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Leon Farshaw
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Leon's brows knitted together in confusion. "Maybe." He conceded after a few seconds of processing what Harper said. "It'ssss notlike I go looking for fights. She was being robbed!" He just had really bad luck. The fights always seemed to find him, and well he was good at it. Usually.

A drunken grin spread across his lips after Harper offered to help him take off his pants. "Does that make you the bandit?" With her help, he managed to get to his feet though he was a bit wobbly. Luckily the wall across from the toilet was handily located for him to use for stability and so he leaned against it. "Careful, that button istricky." He warned her, seeming concerned that Harper also wouldn't be able to undo it. Of course, being totally sober she'd have no such problems. That coupled with her statement would bring about the totally innocent drunken question, "Why doyou Usssually take guys pants off?"

Feb 10th, 2013

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:01 pm

Harper raised an amused eyebrow at him. "Of course you don't, they just keep finding you," She agreed, a smile turning up the corners of her mouth. "Conveniently while I'm nearby to take care of your mess," She added for good measure, though her tone and grin said she wasn't particularly angry about it. She just hoped that he didn't make a habit of it every single night -- not that she minded running into him again. She was growing a bit concerned about his drinking habits, though. Especially since it seemed to be getting him into trouble.

"Does that make you the bandit?" Leon grinned drunkenly when she asked him if he needed some help. A small smirk crossed her face and she shot him a look, though she didn't say anything until he commented on the button. He had decided to hold himself up using the wall across from the toilet, which happened to wedge them both just a bit too close to each other -- again, not that she could say she had any problem with it, per say. "I think I've got it just fine," She assured, having no problem whatsoever getting the button undone. "Why doyou Usssually take guys pants off?" He asked innocently all of a sudden, and Harper froze for a second, trying not to snort. Instead, a mischievous smirk turned up the corner of her mouth as she nudged him back onto the toilet seat so she could pull his pants down over his ankles and feet. "I think I'll let you work that one out on your own -- let me know when you figure it out," She joked, though she wasn't sure he would until he was sober. If he even remembered a thing of any of this the next morning; which was questionable. Once his pants were off, she awkwardly grabbed the wrapping bandage from the box on the edge of the counter and went to pull the bandage under his thigh. She had zero medical experience whatsoever -- she had never even injured herself badly enough to need more than a simple bandaid or some burn gel. Was she supposed to put something over the wound before she wrapped it?

User Image
Deadly_Tiger

Quote:

Private Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out