Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Profile Forum
Detective James Brandt

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:12 pm
User Image User Image User Image

What is their name?
James Brandt

Do they have any nicknames/aliases?
N/A

How old are they?
Twenty-Eight

What is their gender?
Male

What is their sexual orientation?
Heterosexual

Are they human or deviant?
Deviant

What are their powers/abilities?
Past-Sight: James can pick up an object and see into the object's past. However, this power is severely limited. He can see whose possession the object was in, but he cannot see any details about that person aside from what involves the object specifically. He can, likewise, touch a person and find out information about their past, but he can only see what they want him to see. He cannot pry deeper into things that are being purposefully locked away.

James has to be touching the object directly to see anything about it. If he is wearing gloves, or the object is in some kind of wrapping, it will not work. He also cannot learn anything about another person if he is touching them through clothing.

Do they have any notable weaknesses?
The weaknesses of an ordinary human being. Also, you could consider the heavy blind-spots in his power a weakness

What is their personality like?
James often seems sorrowful. Due to his power, he sees a lot of unfortunate things. Sitting down on a bench in a park, he might see the struggle of the last homeless man to curl up on it to brave a long night, or picking up a penny on the street, he might see how it tumbled out of a woman's purse as the woman struggled to hold onto her belongings, only to have them ripped away buy the savage burglar. He tries to console himself with the fact that these things have already taken place. That he could not have known about them, and that they could not be changed. And besides, sometimes there is no telling how long ago they even happened, unless there is something tell-tale in the vision. However, James still can't help but feel horrible for some of the things he has been able to see.

What is their backstory?
James grew up in a foster home, his own parents having been murdered when he was small. He found out about his power in his teenage years. It frightened him at first, as he had no idea how it was happening. He thought he must be hallucinating. Going crazy. However, he kept it to himself, and soon ran into another Deviant who helped to explain to him what was going on. After that, he learned to live with the small windows into the past that he had been permitted to look through. At first, as he tried to push his power and see what his limits were, it infuriated James that he could not learn all he wanted to learn about something or someone simply by picking up an object. He came to terms with it, however, realizing that it simply was not within the parameters of his skill. When he graduated high school, James went to college for forensics, and quickly discovered that detective work was where his passion was. He could use his power to help somehow, although he had to be careful with how he went about it. A few of the officers on the Sacramento Force that he often worked with knew about his ability, but most did not. James had to be absolutely positive about something before he brought it to them, and he had to be able to draw a reasonable explanation that did not involve his ability.

Although it pays off to be able to use his power for something good, his detective cases would often take a lot out of him. He has seen more murders and other obscenities than he would care to count, simply by touching a finger to the weapon, or handling a single thread. Granted, James has seen his share of happy events through his power as well, but being a detective he more often witnesses the darker side of humanity.

For quite a while James was a Private Detective, often working with the Sacramento Police to solve cases. He had never really had much to do with Providence until a drunken encounter with Lexi Darksilver. She helped he and his partner Joel to solve a particularly difficult case, which resulted in James shooting both Joel and the culprit (due to the culprit's mind control abilities) and landing himself in jail. After the attack on Sacramento, with his best friend missing, he went after Lexi and the rest of Providence, following them to New York, and has since been moping around Providence HQ in DC, helping when needed and trying his best to locate Joel in his free time. Last he saw his best friend James was stuck behind bars, with Joel trying to win his freedom, and he really just needs to know that Joel has survived everything.

Is there anything else we need to know?
James carries a necklace that his mother was wearing when she died. He often replays the scene in his mind, as it is all he has to remember his parents by.

What is their faceclaim?
Henry Cavill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:17 pm
I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.

User Image User Image User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ ↘↘
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.

James Brandt -- TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
                                                  TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
                                                  GTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
                                                  TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
                                                  TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
                                                  TEXTTEXTTEXTTXETTEXTTEXTEXT

❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞

Quote:

Quote:

[align=center][size=9][color=#33cccc]❝[i]I can do what I want, I'm in complete control. That's what I tell myself.
I got a mind of my own, I'll be alright alone. Don't need anybody else.
I give myself a good talking to. No more being a fool for you.
I remember how you made wanna surrender.[/i]❞[/color][/size][/align]

[align=center][img]http://i.imgur.com/lRlj1Yg.gif[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UoVg5SR.gif[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/xiXLRQw.gif[/img][/align]
[align=center][color=#33cccc]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ [/color][size=20][color=black]Dᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Jᴀᴍᴇs Bʀᴀɴᴅᴛ [/color][/size][color=#33cccc][size=18]↘↘ [/size][/color]
[color=#aaaaff]███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][/align]
[align=center][size=9][color=#33cccc]❝[i]Always the same, You say that you'll change. Somehow you never do.
I believe all your lies, The look in your eyes. You make it all seem true.
I guess I see what I wanna see, Or is my heart just deceiving me
With that look I know so well, I fall completely under your spell.[/i]❞[/color][/size][/align]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=#150517]James Brandt -- TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
GTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTXETTEXTTEXTEXT[/color][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[align=right][size=9][color=#aaaaff][b]❝Damn your eyes.
They're taking my breath away
For making me wanna stay
Damn your eyes
For getting my hopes up high
Making me fall in love again!
Damn your eyes.❞[/b][/color][/size][/align]

[align=right][spoiler][quote=""][/quote]
[quote=""][/quote][/spoiler][/align]

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Deadly_Tiger
Captain