Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Profile Forum
The Sandman (Oliver Hughes)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:53 pm
User Image

What is their name?
Oliver Hughes

Do they have any nicknames/aliases?
The Sandman

How old are they?
Twenty-Four

What is their gender?
Male

What is their sexual orientation?
Heterosexual

Are they human or deviant?
Deviant

What are their powers/abilities?
Dream Manipulation/Corruption- Oliver's main ability consists of messing with the dreams of those who lie asleep. He can corrupt one that is already in progress, or plant a new one. He can give people the sweetest dreams, or plague them with nightmares.

In addition to this, Oliver has a slight ability to send people INTO a sleep state, though his power with this is limited. He can emits a sort of dust that, when it hits someone, sends them into a daze, like being half asleep. He can keep no more than three people under this way at a time, and only for brief periods.
If he wants to keep someone under for a more extended period of time, he has to focus all of his energy on only that one person, keeping himself in the dream with them.

In order to enter the dream of a sleeping person, he must be in, or just outside of the same building as them. However, if he wants to create a dream in someone, or put them into a sleep state, he must be in the same room as them as he has to use the dust he emits to do these things.

Do they have any notable weaknesses?
Oliver's weaknesses are that of an ordinary human, in addition to how limited his powers are, and that he is often left vulnerable when using them unless he has someone to watch his back.

What is their personality like?
Oliver is classy and tries to be a gentleman. He is also very curious, and enjoys snooping into people's dreams. Sometimes he has a bit of fun and messes with things, but generally he just likes to see what's going on in their heads. He's pretty friendly, and will strike up a conversation with almost anyone.

What is their backstory?
Oliver was born and raised in London, England. At the age of Seventeen, he moved with his family to California for his father's work. He was interested to get out of England and see more of the world. It was in the U.S. that he learned about his ability to Dreamwalk. Over the next few years, he began practicing and learning the scope and limits of his powers. He would often(and still likes to) go for walks around the city at night, just to see the different dreams that people would conjure up. He has a habit of rescuing children from nightmares, if he comes across one.

Although he knew it was there, Oliver never really felt the need to go to Providence. He felt he had enough control over his powers, and he didn't feel they were particularly dangerous to anyone.

Then, at an early Twenty-Three, Oliver heard about the Providence incident. It was sad, but he carried on with his life. A few weeks later, he was at his favorite French-style cafe in the city. There, he met Carmen. They quickly bonded over their common background. It was nice for him to be around someone from home again. When he found out she was there to help Providence get back on its feet, he decided he would join her. They have stuck together ever since. They stuck together through the attack in Sacramento, and all the way to New York, but it was there that Oliver was lost. He has since been making his way to DC, to the new Providence HQ to find Carmen and rejoin the rest of his friends.

Is there anything else we need to know?
>> Oliver despises the Dominion.
>> Carmen believes he is dead, but he has just been unable to reach her since their separation.

What is their faceclaim?
Sam Claflin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 pm
User Image

__________________________________________________________________ Oliver H u g h e s

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream...
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen...
Give him two lips like roses and clover...
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.

TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT

company:__________________________________________
mood:__________________________________________________________________
ooc: ...

Sandman, I'm so alone...
Don't have nobody to call my own...
Please turn on your magic beam...

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream...

Quote:

[align=center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ULHiZXM.gif[/img][/align]
[align=left][color=darkslateblue]__________________________________________________________________ [b]Oliver[/b] H u g h e s[/color]
[color=slateblue]__________________________________________[/color]
[color=mediumaquamarine]_______________[/color][/align]

[align=left][color=slateblue]Mr. Sandman, [/color][size=10][color=mediumaquamarine]bring me a dream...
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen...
Give him two lips like roses and clover...
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over.[/color][/size][/align]

[align=center][color=mediumslateblue]TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTTEXT
TEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXTTEXT[/color][/align]
[align=right][color=mediumaquamarine][size=9]location: [/size]_______________[/color]
[color=slateblue][size=9]company:[/size]__________________________________________[/color]
[color=darkslateblue][size=9]mood:[/size]__________________________________________________________________[/color]
[size=9][color=mediumaquamarine]ooc: ...[/color][/size][/align]

[align=center][color=slateblue]Sandman, [/color][size=10][color=mediumaquamarine]I'm so alone...
Don't have nobody to call my own...
Please turn on your magic beam...[/color][/size]
[color=slateblue]Mr. Sandman, [/color][size=10][color=mediumaquamarine]bring me a dream...[/color][/size][/align]
[align=center][spoiler][quote=][/quote][/spoiler][/align]

Tigerlvr_Bailey

King Seeker

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:36 am
Approved.  
Profile Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash