Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Does Anyone Know How to Drive This Thing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:08 am
User Image User Image User Image
Marcus Wells

Marcus gave nothing more than a small nod to Olivia's comment about the door having a big red cross on it. He was content to let the conversation end there but before they went much further she asked who he was talking to when they first escaped. Marcus sighed and looked around them to make sure there would be no unexpected surprises. He didn't want to share with her and he wouldn't have, but he knew it would be better to give her a target for her anger. A target she could go after if he failed. "Vergil Kronin. Long story short, he experimented on me so I tortured him. I told him to let it go and I'd call us even. I guess he didn't take my advice."

Date: January 28, 2013 | Alias: Whiplash

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:27 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

"Probably loves it more than his kids." Alison grinned and sudden inspiration hit her and she headed back towards the door. She dug out the steak knife and set to work on the plaque while Brandon proceeded to ransack the room. "He works for a load of dicks even bigger than himself." She gave a shrug to indicate she didn't really care who he worked for. "Who would you call?" Alison asked while wondering whatever happened to the phone Marcus had had to call the pirates. She honestly hadn't thought about it until now, but then again she didn't know who she would call either. 911 didn't seem like it would particularly helpful. 'Hello, police? I've been kidnapped and I'm trapped on a ship in the middle of the ocean...I'm not sure which ocean.' "I'm on board, we just need to find something to start a fire with." The idea that starting a fire on a ship they were trapped on didn't occur to her as a bad idea. Unfortunately, they had yet to come across lighters or matches. If they were really determined they could pull some wires out of the wall and make a spark, but that would be time-consuming. Time was not something Alison was used to being short on.

"Just about done." She answered when he asked about the knife. She took a step back to admire her artwork. Alison had gone for the classic d**k. Simple, but the symbolism was great. "Spend a lot of time picking locks?" She asked curiously, as she handed over the knife. "What's the deal with you and Olivia anyway?" They seemed to know each other well but weren't exactly super friendly. Then she set to work on the bookshelf.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:52 pm

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

Oliva paused for a second, giving Marcus a sort of considering look. "Should have killed him and burned down the building. That's what Brandon and I did." Maybe death had been too kind, but at the time they just wanted freedom and it meant their tormentors couldn't come back. Well, that and the fire didn't really give them the option of hanging out and torturing people. Then she continued down the hall. "What makes you think it is him and not some other outfit?" More importantly, what made her so sure the people who had arranged her experimentation were really dead. Maybe the people she had killed were just grunts and this Vergil Kronin was really behind it. After all, wasn't that the real reason she'd been hiding out on Dominion isle? It wasn't like she supported their ideals. A bit further down the hall, she could see the red cross they had been looking for.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:28 am
Marcus Wells

"I thought cutting off his face and paralyzing him would do the job." Marcus replied to Olivia as they moved through the narrow space in search of the medical room. "Plus it was a nice building, would hate to waste all the money that went into his traps for me that didn't work." That was more of a joke and a stab at Kronin who he hoped was watching them. Marcus had never really wanted to go under the radar when he had powers because he was confident it wouldn't matter. With his speed it was generally hard enough to get to him anyways.

"Kronin used the same shock collars the first time he captured me." Marcus explained "Sure someone else could have gotten the technology but its just not like him to share. Kronin is behind this."

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:37 pm
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

"You know, he might have just wildly misinterpreted his orders and when we got to the luxury spa for deviants and their friends, he was going to get severely punished. This was all some highly elaborate birthday party for Marcus." He laughed at the idea before going back to trying to pry out the remaining drawer with one he'd already pulled out. It was not going well. "The last number saved on it." He said without really thinking about it. "It'll either be his bosses or his family. There are also the former hunters, but most of them are busy these days." Busy being dead. He was lucky in that most people had assumed he'd died back in Sacramento and the people who knew otherwise, didn't care. "There are other rooms, we're not leaving until I find something that will cause lasting damage." He shrugged and looked up at her art. "Nice, very avant-garde." He had no idea what that actually meant it was just something artists said. "In a sense, no." He slid the blade into the tiny gap he had made by smashing the other drawer into it and elbowed it, the drawer weakened by it's beating popped open. He passed her back the slightly bent knife. "Thank you."

The inside of the drawer contained a few things of interest, an id badge with the head guards picture on attached to a lanyard. Brandon swiftly popped that over his head as not to loose it. "Me and Liv? We escaped from somewhere together, and she was being experimented on, the idea was to use her blood to create a serum that would make a super soldier. When I met her, she was a mess, I convinced her that I had finished the serum and that we needed to escape." He reached inside the drawer and pulled out a revolver and a box of bullets. He pulled out the cylinder and began loading it as he continued speaking. "Of course, her blood does have minor healing properties and made me a lot more durable at the start, but the side effects are crippling." He sighed, he spun the cylinder before pushing it back into place. The last thing in the drawer was a box of cigars and a silver lighter. He took two for the others, one for himself and then offered the box to Alison. "For when we win." He looked at her. "People don't tend to ask and when they do I go off like this and say too much." He shrugged.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:30 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

"One of those fake kidnapping birthday parties." Alison agreed as if it somehow made sense, and they'd all be laughing in a few minutes when the pirates and guards shouted 'surprise' and the guard she had watched get shot in the face wasn't really dead at all. "How would talking to either help?" She asked. While Brandon continued to struggle with the drawer, Alison looked around the room. Wardrobe ransacked, the bookcase was torn apart, Brandon was almost done with the desk, though she wasn't sure who was winning. There wasn't really anywhere else to look for something useful. Though she did pop her head under the bed, only to find nothing. Just a solid wood frame attaching the bed to the floor so it didn't move with the rocking of the boat.

Standing back up, Alison took the bent knife from Brandon, at least he got the drawer open, and sat on the edge of the bed while he went through the contents and told her about him and Liv. "That's messed up! So why don't you go all super soldier on these guys?" She asked while taking a cigar out of the box. She had never had one before, but she wasn't about to be left out.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:32 pm

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

"It seems you underestimated how determined this Kronin guy is." Though Oliva couldn't help raise an eyebrow at the building being too nice to burn down. She suspected the truth was it would have been too difficult if Marcus was looking for a quick getaway. The lab she and Brandon were contained in certainly wasn't up to code and she was thankful for that. They would probably both still be there "How long ago was this?" Liv paused in front of the door with the giant red cross. The handle turned easily, indicating it wasn't locked, but when she pushed against the door to open it, the door got stuck after a couple of inches. "G-go awayy!" shouted a panicked voice from within, "I have a gun!"

"It seems this room is occupied." Muttered Olivia with a sigh.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:34 pm
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

"I know a guy who'd do it... Might even be the best night of your life." He missed chasing Jayson, he had had time to reflect on it since meeting Olivia and he'd come to terms with how everything had been so simple back then. If he didn't know better he would almost think that was like that because Jayson like to keep him around. "I don't know, I would feel better about it. Telling his boss where exactly to shove it or confessing to his wife about the one night stand with that guy down on the docks." He winked at her and then emptied the box of bullets onto the desk, it wasn't empty and he wanted to know how many shots they were playing with. Including the six he had already loaded into the cylinder there was eleven bullets in total. He put them back into the box and then tried to fit it into his pocket. "Same reason you can't..." He looked at her, tilted his head slight and hazarded a guess at her ability based on what he'd seen her do. It was a bit tricky since he had been hopped up on 'serum' when she had used it. "Be lucky...?" He actually had no idea what she could do, he seemed to recall she had managed to trip someone over. "Liv isn't powered, the only thing that would happen if I drank it is that I might get Hep B." He grinned. It was a joke, she didn't have Hepatitis anything, she was pretty much immune to diseases in general. "You want to try another room or go back to the others?" Might be something else knocking about, he was hoping that there would be someone he could shoot honestly.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:14 am
Marcus Wells

"I suppose I did." Marcus said first "And he has underestimated the damage I can still to to him." Once I get this damn collar off.That part was implicit so Marcus hadn't said it aloud. When Liv asked how long ago Marcus had attacked Kronin, the speedster shrugged. "I honestly don't remember. June? September? It all kind of blends together when you move at the speeds I do." The passage of real time always felt slower to Marcus and by extension events in the past seemed even further in the past. The collar granted some clarity by depriving him of his powers, but not enough.

When Liv began to open the door only for it to get stuck and someone to shout they had a gun in a panicked voice, Marcus rolled his eyes. "If you have a gun, why haven't you shot yet?" Marcus shouted back to the panicked voice. "Cause I have a gun too, and if you're pointing anything at me when I open this door, I'm going to shoot you." And with a gesture to Liv for her to kick in the door, Marcus took aim.

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:06 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

"You should definitely call him when we get our hands on a phone." A raging party was needed. Lots of alcohol, a fog machine, strobing lights. Perhaps some less legal substances, so when she woke up she'd forget all of this ever happened. Alison was a mischief-maker, mostly out of boredom, but battle zones and dead bodies were where she drew the line. "I would go with telling the wife. Sure, yelling at the boss would feel good at the time, but ruining Captain Douche's marriage would be a lot more satisfying in the end. Plus, he'd be stuck paying alimony and we'd be saving the kids from growing up as mini douches." She swung her legs idly on the bed. She was enjoying this little reprieve with Brandon. Alice grinned when he suggested her power was being lucky and didn't correct him. "Doesn't drinking her blood gross you out?" She asked while scrunching up her face and sticking her tongue out as if she had eaten something gross. "I think we were supposed to be looking for a first aid room or an infirmary or something. Though even if the other two found it, we definitely won."

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

"Or maybe he knows exactly how much damage you could do." Olivia gave a meaningful look at the collar around Marcus's neck. She wasn't so ready to jump to conclusions as Marcus. Maybe it was this Kronin guy, and Brandon and she had been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe it was the same organization that had tormented her and Brandon, while Marcus was the one with bad luck. Or maybe the 3 of them were all victims of the same person, though one had to wonder how Alice fit into the mix. Marcus didn't ask her any questions in return, and they came to the first aid room before she could continue her line of questioning.

Liv rolled her eyes at the voice inside and gave a bit of a smirk at Marcus's answer. She didn't give kicking in the door a second thought. Worrying about getting injured was simply something she wasn't used to. "I-I'm warning you!" Paying no heed to the voice in the room, Liv planted her right leg and used her left to kick the door near the handle. It only moved a little, but a second and finally a third kick had the door open enough. Olivia stepped back so Marcus and his gun could go first. A gurney partially blocked the door, evidently what the guy inside had used to block the door. On the floor was a decidedly unarmed male, bleeding from the left side of his abdomen. "Don't kill me!" Gauze and disinfectant lay on the ground near him, while he was holding a wad to his side. He wasn't dressed like the guards. Probably a member of the crew, but how much did he know about the kidnapping?

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:54 pm
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

"Were we?" He asked, he'd just been looking for clothes and knew he wasn't going to be finding any with the full party since none of them would prioritise it. He was decided not to answer the blood question, he did it... had done it. He corrected himself internally, he wasn't going to be doing it anymore. "Alright, let's go." He checked the ransacked room over one last time and made his way over to the doorway, however as he reached the threshold he heard voices approaching. "Go and get my pass, I left it in my room... Why! It's not like it has full access to the ship. Why would you just leave it in your room?" He was mumbling to himself as he walked along. Brandon stepped backwards and pressed himself up against the wall then slid away from the door, while motioning for Alison to hide. "I wanted to shoot pirates." The owner of the voice was drawing closer, and Brandon pulled out the gun and readied himself. "I was personally recruited, they said 'Dwayne, we need you to lead us!' I should have stayed in that office with that idiot pen pusher." He was grumbling as he entered the room. "And pirates have already been here. Great." Brandon looked at Alison, gave her a nod then stepped out besides the guard. "Get on your knees, NOW!" He was a good distance away and still in the man's blindspot. Dwayne decided it wasn't worth playing games and complied, tossing his gun without having to be asked. "I saw you teleporting on deck, I'm not surprised you caught me unaware... Please don't kill me. I'll tell you whatever you want to know." Brandon looked at Alison, not expecting it to be that easy.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:18 pm
Marcus Wells

When Liv breached the door, Marcus moved in with his gun raised an no fear of being shot. It was a similar impulse to Liv's. When you were used to being able to dodge bullets, what risk was there in irritating possibly armed individuals? "Oh look you didn't have a gun." Marcus mocked as he lowered his. "Who are you and how do we get these collars off?" Marcus asked to two questions he cared most about. He didn't expect the man to know, but it couldn't hurt to put a little fear in the crew member before Olivia extracted the really useful information. Marcus aimed his gun at the member of the crew's kneecap, knowing full well he could blow it off without killing the sailor. "Answer quickly I don't like waiting."

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:38 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

Alison hopped off the bed, ready to go with Brandon when a voice could be heard. Automatically her eyes sought him out. He motioned for her to hide. It seemed her more mischievous past was about to come in handy once more. Brandon had already claimed the spot behind the door - the most ideal place to be in Alison's opinion, so she took to hiding under the bed. In movies and shows, people always hid in closets or wardrobes. The problem was if you were found, there was no escape. If the voice that was coming looked under the bed, he'd have a job of catching her, even if outright escape wasn't as easy as behind the door. So Alison rolled under the bed.

She could see the bottom of the door swing open and a pair of boots appeared. Dwayne? She wrinkled up her nose. Who named their kid Dwayne? If it wasn't The Rock in those boots - highly unlikely - she was about to be very disappointed. A few steps forward and Brandon made his move. Definitely not The Rock, she decided as the man instantly gave up and offered all of his life secrets. In the next second, she popped up from under the bed. "You are a disgrace to the Dwayne name," She told the guard with a disapproving shake of her head. She didn't waste time in claiming the tossed gun for herself. She was in no hurry to use it, but if their positions had been reversed, she would have been looking for the first opening to grab it. Then again, this guy was a disgrace to the Dwayne name, so maybe she didn't need to worry. What did they need again? Oh yeah! "Where is the First Aid room?" She demanded.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 pm

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

Oliva followed behind Marcus, once she heard him announce the man didn't have a gun, giving a small snort of assumed at his sarcastic comment. It wasn't that she was worried about being injured, so much as it was generally good practice to not box your ally in a small room when a fight seemed likely. She lowered her weapon when she saw the pathetic and injured man on the floor, though she didn't put the weapon away. Just because he wasn't a threat, didn't mean one couldn't show up at any second in the current chaos. While Marcus took to questioning the man, Liv hung just inside the door, keeping an eye on the hall.

"C-collars. I don't know what you are talking about." The male wasn't even looking at Marcus. His eyes were glued to the weapon pointed at him, wide-eyed and pale. He was so frightened he seemed to have forgotten Marcus's first question."J-ust take what you want and let me go."

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Private Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items