We as a people. Yes, a whole people. No matter our species or race. We, as a people, shall always remember The Reign of Saphrie. However great the Former Head Arcanist was, it was an age that we all will know as The Era of War. We have seen monstrosities and our saviors born from the carnage that Saphrie’s reign has left us with. Though, I know I do not need to discuss the Wars nor their outcomes, for I am sure each of you listening, and those who will hear this speech repeated to them, have lost a loved one in one or more of these battles. Now that Former Head Arcanist Saphrie has passed on from us, a harsh ripping from our lives, I find it far more comforting to remember the good.

Former Head Arcanist Saphrie’s reign began after a violent battle against Mundane Beings was ended with the death of Former Head Arcanist Arnian, a man who saw the Mundane not as beings who deserved to be preserved and taught, but who needed to be eradicated. I was not yet born during this occurrence, but my mentor and my leader in Saphrie explained to me many times the fear she had felt when facing off against her adversary. Since her victory against the unfair Head Arcanist, Saphrie had been faced with more difficulties than any Arcanist before her. She dealt with evil time and time again, and reacted with love, courage, and determination.

I was born during Saphrie’s reign as a dragon. I had no clue that I had Arcanist blood running through my veins. However, when I did make that discovery, it was Former Head Arcanist Saphrie who took me in and tutored me. She took me on expeditions, adventures; she took me to places with texts and tomes that I had never before dreamed. And yes, I dreamed. I imagined this new world I had been gifted. Before I had only seen rocks and ground and sky. Now I see light, and wind, and the smallest particles of existence compared to the giants who have influenced us. My world was broadened, expanded to the point that I had to believe it could no longer be stretched further. For that, I thank Saphrie.

The moment I heard of Saphrie’s death, I was overcome by a great sorrow. The world had lost a brilliant light that I found almost comparative to Mion’s. But her light was not physical like our Light God’s. Hers was metaphorical and spiritual. She shone with kindness and understanding. She was the world’s teacher, our warrior, and our protector.

As her replacement, I can only dream to protect you, teach you, and raise you to the point that Saphrie did to me. However, I cannot express the gratitude and honor that I feel overflowing when I say I accept the position as Head Arcanist wholeheartedly. I had an excellent teacher, and I hope to be a continuation of her everlasting legacy. Thank you, and may the Gods smile on you.

Head Arcanist Eo
Azrix 4.Azrion