Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Last Roleplay

Back to Guilds

Gaia is dying, and this is the last one we're probably making here. Come join us. Have fun. 

Tags: roleplay, romance, fantasy, comedy, slice of slice 

Reply The Edge Of the Worlds
Tranquil Depths Lake Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 pm
User Image

Masyn Harwick

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

OOC:

Masyn let out a small laugh. "Yeah, it was... But you live with what you're given and take anything else you need. Surviving was the only thing that mattered back then," he said, referring to when he was growing up. "It didn't so much make me kind really," he added. Anyone who knew him would have told her that he was quite the delinquent.

"I'm Masyn Harwick" Masyn looked over at Holly. She was quite beautiful for a human, or, at least he assumed. The woman looked quite peaceful sitting in the moonlight. He scratched one of his horns some, not really knowing how to converse anymore with Holly, not normally speaking with women.

Theme:Hooligans - Issues
Romance:When You Can’t Sleep At Night - OM&M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:40 pm
User Image
Holly Morel [ Outfit // Mood: somber ]

━━━━━━━x x━━━━━x x━━━━━━━

Survival was the only thing that mattered back then. Repeated in her mind, how well she knew that. "It's nice to meet you Masyn Harwick." Said the woman in almost a whisper. He looked like a sheep-man to her, although she rarely met sheep-folk without them being on the receiving end of her sword.

She scratched her arm nervously, having no idea how to talk to him. Her entire life she only associated with other humans, people like him were known to be uneducated heretics. Although he came off as normal. Seeing her fishing line pull, Holly quickly came back to it, reeling the fish in. She had caught herself a catfish. One of the few she would be lucky to find a night. Her eyes aglow as she saw the fat thing, her stomach growling loudly as it craved for it's delicious flesh.

Holly planned to leave, but looked at the sheep-man nervously. Her chances of meeting someone else with little discrimination towards her were slim. Pulling herself onto her feet she looked at him with an uncomfortable smile. "I, uh, caught a fish." Holly stated the obvious. "Do err, you like fish? It's a bit too fat for myself, and err.. I, heard you people don't eat meat though..." Said the woman, unknowingly making a racist remark.

Gumi Baby

April Mourning
Captain

Noob

7,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:59 pm
User Image

Masyn Harwick

OOC:

Masyn smiled, seeing the line move and Holly reel in a nice catfish. He was surprised there were any still around. Hmm? Oh, yeah I like it well enough I guess. I used to have it a lot as a kid since fishing was the easiest source of food for my family," he said, pushing himself off of the dock and onto his feet. "If anything I at least know how to start a fire for it," he added with a small laugh. His father taught him very little when he was a boy, but what he was taught were a set of survival skills.

Ignoring the remark, knowing not many knew about sheep-folk, he started walking back towards the trees. "What brought you to the village?" he finally asked, curious as to why she was in Elderahn at all if she wasn't treated nicely.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:07 pm
User Image
Holly Morel [ Outfit // Mood: uneasy ]

Holly was surprised to hear he did eat meat, they were told that these primitive creatures lacked the teeth to even chew flesh. Their lack of protein made them a lot stupider than more sophisticated races. As she walked down the dock, she hoped to peek into his teeth when he spoke, to see if they were any different. Holly planned to cook it in the church, where she felt safe, but could she didn't want him to know where she lived.

"Y-yes a fire sounds.. appropriate." With his question, she stopped in her tracks frozen in place. No one had asked her that before, and she didn't think of an appropriate lie. It took more than an effort to be adjusted with her name. "Err, well..." Paused the woman, having lacked the skills to lie on the spot. A sister of battle was said to always be honest. "My aunts cat got sick." Finally the woman blurted out as she continued to walk to the end of the dock. "She.. ate too much mice, the cat not my aunt, and got sick.. T-that's a thing that could happen!" Holly raised her arms goofily. "Who would have thunk? Not me."

Gumi Baby

April Mourning
Captain

Noob

7,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:18 pm
User Image

Masyn Harwick

OOC:

Masyn scratched the back of his head, letting out a small groan. "You could've just said you didn't want to tell me... Lying is just rude," Masyn had a knack for telling when people were lying, probably because he was a good lair himself. He looked around for a clearing in the woods so they wouldn't light and of the grass on fire and pointed to it. "We can build a fire over there. If you want, I can gather the kindling and such. If you feel uncomfortable about then we can always part ways," he said, looking back at her. It wasn't unusual for people to not want to be around him and it seemed like Holly wasn't much of a socialite.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:31 pm
User Image

Hearing her lie easily sawn through her eyes widened, and she began speaking very quickly. "W-what no it's real the cat is very sick and keeps throwing up bits of mice!" She lifted her palms again in an obvious panic. "Because I guess she don't chew so good." Her words spewing out in a verbal vomit. "I had to give the cat CPR three times already, and that's not really easy with now little their mouths are and--" Holly stopped herself from continuing, what if he had a cat that needed CPR? She wouldn't know what to do and her lie would fall apart.

"S-sorry, I just don't know what to say to you! I don't know what to say to anyone in this town, and when I get nervous I talk fast and talk too much and I lie a lot, and you know what I do have an aunt and she does have a cat but it's not sick, or here---" Holly had to take a few deep breaths, catching herself speaking rapidly again. She rubbed her arm nervously. "I want to share my food, it's been a long time since I've talked to anyone. I'm very rusty."

Gumi Baby

April Mourning
Captain

Noob

7,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:41 pm
User Image

Masyn Harwick

OOC:

"Look" Masyn said with a sigh. "I know how it is to keep secrets about yourself, everyone does it and some people more than most... the sheep man kept a lot about himself a secret too. " But I'd rather you just tell me you don't want to talk about it instead of telling me something that isn't true." he added before walking away to get some wood, picking up dead and broken twigs and limbs, things that were easy to light on fire.

When he was done gathering kindling and the such, which didn't take long, he walked over to the clearing that he'd pointed to before and sat everything down before starting to dig out a hole, setting the leaves down in it first and then the twigs on top of it, followed by a row of larger sticks to make a surface for the fish to sit on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:02 pm
User Image

Holly slowly lowered her arms, hearing his advice. Having felt that if she said she didn't want to talk about it, it would imply more that she was a war criminal. Wanting to turn and run from him, into the woods and back home in embarrassment. He already didn't like her, even before she came here people didn't like her. Always the outcast in her sisterhood, if she wasn't such a skilled fighter she would have lived in isolation.

Seeing him walk off to gather kindle, Holly now noticed the fish she held was no longer in her hands. Her eccentric gestures sent it flying behind her at one point, turning to look for the fish swearing in her native tongue as she looked around for it in the dark. By the time that the man was back, she found the fish flapping by the dock, it must have pretended to be dead! Having caught perhaps the most intelligent catfish in the lake. Holly continued swearing as she tried to catch the thing, almost reaching the water before she pounced on it and stabbed it's face with a knife she carried in her overalls.

Now walking back to Masyn, she skillfully prepared the fish with her knife, gutting things came almost as an instinct to her. Placing it down on the surface of Masyn made. She had no idea how to cook a fish on a fire, normally they had servants to cook food for them so they could focus on battle. Holly took a seat by the fire across of Masyn and started to ramble again. "I'm really sorry, I-I'm pretty weird, my sisters used to call my Hammy Holly because of how weird I was, well that and I used to be a fat girl." Said the woman revealing more than he needed to know.

Gumi Baby

April Mourning
Captain

Noob

7,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:14 pm
User Image

Masyn Harwick

OOC:

Masyn, having already lit the fire, using the wind to his advantage, watched the fish to make sure it didn't burn. He wasn't a fan of things being burnt and didn't think Holly would either. He looked up at her when she spoke. "I...think everyone is weird in their own way..." he said, forcing himself not to comment on the fact she used to be fat, trying to be as nice or as courteous as possible since she was sharing he fish with him.

Masyn used a couple of sticks to flip the pieces of fish when he felt they were on one side for long enough, knowing it was difficult to cook fish when it hadn't been breaded with flour and pepper. "So, I heard there was a festival coming up here soon," he finally said, wondering if the woman would go.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 pm
User Image

Well of course everyone here is weird in their own way. Holly thought to herself as she began to think about the primitive people that made up this town. Festival? Struck her a chord in her mind. In her town festivals were calming and peaceful, here she worried they would involve blood rituals and orgies. Heretical behavior she was taught to fear from them. "I haven't heard of it, no, err, what kind of festival.. is it?" She asked in hopes of being properly warned. For all she knew it could be a celebration of their chaotic gods and she would have to hide indoors the entire day, in full armor with a sword to her side.

Gumi Baby

April Mourning
Captain

Noob

7,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 pm
User Image

Masyn Harwick

OOC:

Masyn, checked the fish to see if it was done but let it sit when seeing it wasn't. "It's All Hallows Eve. It's kind of cool. Everyone dresses up in a costume. There's lots of food and dancing and music and such, sometimes games. It's like the one day no one has to worry about who they are can just be themselves," Masyn explained, although he didn't really participate too often.

"The fish is done, he added, moving a couple pieces towards her and a couple towards himself, the fire dying down some enough to keep the fish warm but not to cook it anymore. He used a twig to pull apart a small piece and put it in his mouth.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:21 am
User Image

Reminiscing over his words, she questioned who she was. If she could be herself, what would that be? Her life had been entirely about steel clashing against steel, mowing through beasts happily in the company of her sisters. Fearing conceivably that could be all there was inside. "What if..." She began, "I want to be a penguin?" She asked, her tone dead serious.

Holly thanked the man sincerely, taking bits of the fish that she tried her best to savor, only to tear through them like a starving animal. "It, it sounds nice, but err, I don't know if I would go.. it might cause some hostility. I wouldn't want to ruin everyone's good time." Her eyes gazing down at the small fire, with a bitter look of loneliness. What would I even do? She asked herself, stand there alone for a few hours until I've had my fill?

Gumi Baby

April Mourning
Captain

Noob

7,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:27 am
User Image

Masyn Harwick

OOC:

Masyn let out a laugh and a small smile at Holly's question. "Yeah, I suppose you could be a penguin if you wanted to," he said, eating another piece of the fish before shrugging. "Well, no one will force you to attend so you can at home if you want to. I know quite a few people who don't partake in the event honestly, I don't blame them. Sometimes things can get really confusing," Masyn though back to the last time this festival came around, remembering how confusing a few people looked but also how violent some got. He hoped this year wasn't going to be the same, although with the war still going it might be the same.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:36 am
User Image

"I've always wanted to be a penguin..." Holly said with an almost childish smile. "Spend my whole life huddled next to my best friends, sitting on eggs and eating fish..." Drifted the woman, before feeling that the other penguins wouldn't like her either. She wouldn't be able to sing and would have to learn to tap dance, but would be outcasted!

Maybe if she did go as a penguin, a full body suit, no one would know it's her and she would be able to enjoy herself. "Err.. it um, it sounds nice.. I-I might go, if I find a good costume, that hides, well, everything..." She became nervous as she tried to speak, instead giving off a squeak and saying how she's never made that sound before under her breath. "Are uh, are you going...?"

Gumi Baby

April Mourning
Captain

Noob

7,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:42 am
User Image

Masyn Harwick

OOC:

Masyn watched as Holly got lost in her own idea, a little jealous that the woman was able to drift off so easily, thinking about how innocent she must be before eating the rest of his fish, the fire lighting up more since it started to get chilly."You shouldn't assume everyone will dislike you. I'm sure there are a lot of people in this village who doesn't think too badly of humans," he said, although he hadn't met one yet.

"I might go, I haven't decided yet. I don't really have the ability to get a costume so I usually walk around normally," Masyn admitted. He had the money to get a costume this time, but he just didn;t know what he should go as. It might be nice to talk to people who didn't see him as a delinquent.

The Edge Of the Worlds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas