Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Last Roleplay

Back to Guilds

Gaia is dying, and this is the last one we're probably making here. Come join us. Have fun. 

Tags: roleplay, romance, fantasy, comedy, slice of slice 

Reply The Edge Of the Worlds
Midnight Blue Cafe [ Cafe ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:40 am
Gumi Baby

User Image
Daruis Lupei

[ Outfit ]

Daruis sat in silence, unsure of what to say. Her story sounded traumatizing, he had maybe not really realized the extent of the war. He had just heard stories that always took place in far off places. Mostly from accounts of people who had just heard of it, never from someone with first had experience before. He didn't know what to say, he wanted to say something to comfort her but what was there to say? 'oh i'm sorry all your friends and family were slaughtered or captured? it's ok everyone I know is dead too." That didn't sound comforting at all...and he was still not ready to talk about it. He knew if he did he would break down. And he couldn't do that. Not here in such a public place.

When the food arrived he thanked the server and began to eat his food, after his first bite he realized how hungry he really was. "T-this is really rather good..." he said with a strained smile as he continued to shovel the food into his mouth and drinking the coffee. At least she seemed ...to have recovered after exposing so much about herself. But in his experience people could be smiling on the outside and screaming within. He hoped that wasn;t the case and her giggle and smile were genuine. "You should laugh more, it sounds beautiful."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 am
Fae Arnette [Human form] Outfit

OOC:

User Image

Fae nodded as she took a bite of the calzone, not knowing it was going to be hot. She looked kind of like a young dragon learning how breathe fire as she tried to cool the piece of food down in her mouth before swallowing it, her cheeks turning red at Darius' comment and having just shown him an embarrassing face. "T-thank you," she said softly, not really knowing how to reply and blowing on her tea for a moment before taking a sip, having decided to let the pizza roll type food cool down before she finished it.

"I'm surprised I haven't really come here before, but then again, at the same time I'm not. Plus I think coming here alone means you need to bring a book to read of something," Fae said, taking another sip of her tea before starting on the salad, apparently one with fruit in that she'd overlooked. She giggled in delight as she started eating the fruit first, not having had any in a while and having missed the sweetness of such things.

Fairy Form
Theme: Sweets Parade
Romance: Hey Violet-Like Lovers Do

preposterouspanda

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:32 pm
Gumi Baby

User Image
Daruis Lupei

[ Outfit ]

Daruis slowed down his eating and began taking smaller bites and enjoying them. "Yes... I'd imagine sitting here by yourself might be a bit dull." though it also seemed like a place where you would go to meet new people, though if she was shy she might not want that either. He took a few sips of his coffee and was pleased to see they had loaded it with cream and sugar so it was very sweet, just the way he liked them. He smiled again at her small giggle when she ate a fruit. "Do you enjoy reading?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 pm

OOC:

User Image

Fae shrugged some. "I do sometimes, but mainly it's to indulge my curiosities about other species. We didn't really have books or anything in my village since most of what we were taught about our culture and such is verbal teaching. Since fairies have good memories, we learn about everything through school or by just talking to another fairy, or at least, that's how my village did it. I know everyone isn't the same," she said, starting on the calzone again and hoping it wasn't too hot still.

Fairy Form

preposterouspanda

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 pm
Gumi Baby

User Image
Daruis Lupei

[ Outfit ]

Daruis nodded his head and smiled a bit, "Ah, I didn't know that about faries. Then again theres not that many things I do know about them...Only met a handful, mostly half faries though." He took a small sip of his coffee and gave himself a mental note to return here again, it was actually very good. "Did you teach yourself to read?" he asked, if almost everything was taught verbally he was wondering if they even taught their young how to read. He knew that reading was also a skill not many people had unless they lived in a big town, were rich, or had a job that required it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:22 pm

OOC:

User Image

"I actually had help from a friend. He was a Gnome but fairly educated in many languages," Fae said with a smile, finishing the clazone and salad, now sipping the rest of her tea. "He was very kind, Briben was his name I think. Briben used to travel and be an adventurer before the war but settled down in my village once he found out it was more dangerous to be out anywhere alone. We became good friends," She was obviously very excited when she spoke of the gnome, having never really met any other species until she came to Elderahn.

Fairy Form

preposterouspanda

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:49 pm
Gumi Baby

User Image
Daruis Lupei

[ Outfit ]

Daruis finished up his food but was still nursing his coffee. "Sounds like quite a guy." he said with a small smile, happy to see her being excited about something. "I learned to read from my boss, he was the priest and said that anyone who worked for him would have to read the scriptures.." he said with a small laugh. "I never did read those though...I ended up just finding myself more attracted to the history books. " He gave Fae a small worried look. "Do you know if you're friend was ..ok?" he asked, he was hoping he wouldn't ruin her good mood and regretted asking.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:58 pm

OOC:

User Image

"I feel like living in a church would be nice... everything so pure.. Fae said with a smile, although knowing she wouldn't be accepted for her 'adventurous attitude' a few years ago. Her smile faded some when Darius asked about Briben, but she was still smiling. "I actually don't know, but I'm sure he's alright. Briben actually left my village some time before it was attacked, like a few months before. It was sad seeing him go but he'd decided he was going to start adventuring again and took the risk during the war. He can turn invisible though, so he's pretty good at hiding," Fae explained, her heart aching as she remembered the day that the gnome left her life.

Fairy Form

preposterouspanda

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Gumi Baby

User Image
Daruis Lupei

[ Outfit ]

Daruis gave a small shrug "The part of the church I really worked with wasn't that pure..." it was actually rather disgusting. "My job was to prepare the dead for burial...." he said with a small smile. Not a job he would want any longer. He nodded his head in understanding. "Ah, well...I'm sure he's fine. Turning invisible is something that seemed like it would be very useful in a dangerous situation." He was glad at least she could assume one of her friends survived the onslaught on her village, if the man would of stayed just a little longer...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 pm

OOC:

User Image

Fae let out a small laugh. "Briben was also quite the escape artist apparently. He used to tell me stories about how he would escape any danger he'd get into. It was fun for all of us to hear," she said, a small blush running over her cheeks at the memory. "He was also quite the joke teller and musician," Fae added, setting her empty tea cup down and rummaging through her pocket for coins to pay for her meal. She felt bad that Darius was going to pay since she didn't think he seemed to have much money.

Fairy Form

preposterouspanda

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 pm
Gumi Baby

User Image
Daruis Lupei

[ Outfit ]

Daruis was slightly taken aback by how much she was talking about the man but also amused by how happy the memory seemed to make her. Daruis quickly fished out money from his coin purse and placed it at the edge of the table for the server to pick up. "Yes well...he sure sounds like quite the character, normally someone can make a profession from just being a musician and a story teller in one.." he said slightly impressed, but also for some reason feeling a bit emasculated trying to think of any skills he had.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:58 pm

OOC:

User Image

Fae looked down at the table some. "Well, he could if he ever wanted to. He's always drawn by curiosity and the unknown though, so it drives him to travel around and absorbing more and new information and knowledge," she said, a hint of sadness in her voice, her hands tightening in her lap before she looked back at Darius with a big smile. "He is fairly talented though," she added, trying to force through the ache getting bigger before setting a couple of her own coins on the table. "You really don't have to pay for me though, I have a way of getting coins here and there," Fae laughed some. Her forest sprites always found coins for her around the wilderness that people had dropped.

Fairy Form

preposterouspanda

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:12 pm
Gumi Baby

User Image
Daruis Lupei

[ Outfit ]

Daruis for some reason felt himself feeling slightly jealous, she seemed to think rather highly of this man and he sounded like the opposite of himself. He was rather fine living in the same town his whole life until he was forced out of it and was rather comfortable getting what knowledge he could just from dusty old books, reading the achievements of better men his father would say...He felt foolish for feeling jealous seeing as he just met her this day and it was ridiculous to assume she wouldn't have been close to someone before he shrugged it off and smiled. "Oh well I'll do it for today, I'm rather well off at this moment."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:16 pm

OOC:

User Image

Fae smiled at Darius. "Well I appreciate it," she said kindly, putting her coins back into her pocket before standing up. "Should we head back to the inn? It's starting to get darker and I don't usually stay out too late at night. I'm usually up early in the mornings to watch the mist and dew settle on the grass," she said with a small giggle.

Fairy Form

preposterouspanda

Gumi Baby

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PreposterousPanda
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:39 pm
Gumi Baby

User Image
Daruis Lupei

[ Outfit ]

Daruis stood up and looked over at the sky which was turning a purple and orange color. "Yes well that does sound like a plan...It is getting rather late. " And the coffee would keep him up for a bit longer he knew the weariness would set in soon and that he would sleep for a long long time. It had been weeks since he slept in a place where he felt safe sleeping, not waking up every few hours at a small rustling in the woods. "Ah yes...that does sound like a nice way to spend the morning..." he smiled a bit sheepishly. "I normally spend my mornings sleeping."  
The Edge Of the Worlds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff