Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Northern Lights Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 pm
Lexi and Mathis go on a trip together.

February 3rd, 2013  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:43 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

User Image User Image User Image

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

It had been just over a week since Lexi had spoken to Mathis and Providence had had it's meeting. Normally she would have left the D.C. area by now, she never stayed for long, to aid in the war effort out in the front lines. Except that wasn't really true either. She had mostly been determined to stop Mathis. Was she making the right choice by giving up on her quest to kill him? He had once told her it was a fate worse than death to lose who you are to a telepath. It was hard for her to see him so uncertain. Yet....she wasn't sure she could do it. Not after that night when he came back. Maybe not even before. So instead of running off back out into the field she had ended up lingering around D.C. James and Joel needed help with Lana, and there was a lot of work that needed to be done here. Or so she told herself. True to his word Mathis called, asking her to urgently come see him. She'd been training with another Deviant at the time, sparring, but given the urgent way he spoke she didn't delay in making her way to his apartment in the city, taking only enough time to change before leaving. Soon she was hitting the buzzer on the front door waiting to be let into the building, which she'd make her way to him once she was let in.

✬Feb 3 2013✬2:14PM✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:15 pm
Mathis Mathews

Lexi would never have to enter the building because almost as soon as she hit the buzzer he walked out. "You drove, correct? We need to get to the airport. No Providence planes, normal public transportation." He spoke fast and in an excited way meaning he had likely found something. He had. A deviant that went by the name Purifier. A Dominion member who had recently been working with Concussion in Texas before she went west to California. Mathis was certain the woman knew where to find Concussion, and he didn't want to give her time to run.

Date: February 3, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:59 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi gestured slightly for Mathis to follow her, before turning and heading back in the direction of her car. Whatever had him so excited, he could fill her in on the way there, though Providence might be a little upset about her suddenly disappearing. “And from the airport where are we going?” She asked. She assumed if they needed anything for this venture of his, he would inform her. Given that he didn't appear to have anything packed himself it didn't seem to be the case. Lexi got into her car and she would wait for Mathis to get in before starting to drive.

✬Feb 3 2013✬2:14PM✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:06 am
Mathis Mathews

"San Fransisco, California." Mathis responded quickly as he got in the passenger seat. He waited patiently until Lexi started driving to continue his explanation. "There is a deviant who goes by the name Purifier. I worked with her a few times while with the Dominion until she was eventually assigned to Concussion. When she plays music she can make you do just about anything. She will know where Concussion is and I need you to help me determine whether or not she lies during interrogation. " Mathis didn't mention how he would interrogate her. Those methods were methods he learned from snow and he doubted they would be approved of. "We were always able to tell when Providence landed near us due to the planes and flight patterns, that is why we are taking a public transportation. It should give us the element of surprise. "

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“That is pretty deep in Dominion territory.” She commented as she drove towards the airport. A Providence plane would likely get shot down before they got anywhere near it. They would need to take a few different modes of transportation in order to get there and some fake identification. However the two of them should manage to slip by if they were careful. Maybe she was being foolish to just run off into the depths of Dominion territory with him, but she knew going in there would be risks involved in trying to get close to the founders. So other than commenting on their destination Lexi drove them the rest of the way to the airport in silence.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:40 pm
Mathis Mathews

The trip to San Fransisco was not an easy one. When they arrived at the airport Lexi would find that Mathis had already taken the necessary steps to conceal their identities. He had forges completely false identities that traced back five years. He gave her her own in the car and explained it before going into the airport. They got onto the plane easily and the flight was fine but upon landing in San Fransisco they would find trouble. Dominion patrols at the airport. They were checking IDs. Mathis's face was hardly one to be forgotten so relying on the possibility that the security would not recognize him was a bad idea. Yet they found themselves stuck in a line with no where to go but forward. Towards the security checkpoint. Lexi, smart as she was, probably could have come up with a solution but Mathis has already prepared for this eventuality. He leaned over to her and whispered,"Lexi, I need you to make the people behind us fight each other."

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

It was a simple enough request and it took only a moment of thought for her to decide how she would fulfill Mathis's request. Three people back she created a small construct on the floor, long and skinny. No one would notice it unless they were looking at the floor. As soon as the line moved forward the man tripped into the woman in front of him, who in turn was shoved into the man in front of him. Before any of them could think to look at the floor her little construct had already vanished. It was only after the collective shouts of “Hey” and “Watch what you are doing” That Lexi turned around to look at them along with the rest of the line in time to watch the woman throw her coffee at the first male.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm
Mathis Mathews

When the fighting began, the men checking identification rushed forward to stop it, and when they did, Mathis pulled Lexi with him passed the checkpoint. That would be the only real issue in getting out of the airport. Once they were out there was a taxi waiting for them. Mathis went around to the front and whispered something to the driver who nodded in agreement before Mathis got into the back seat. He waited for Lexi to do the same before he explained what would happen next. "We are going directly to Purifier's house. I have set up an apartment for us while we are here but we need to move of Purifier as soon as possible." The taxi would already be on the way there.

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Even Lexi had to admit that it was a little bit thrilling to be pulled through the check point by Mathis. While she had done several different types of missions for Providence, some even involving some mild undercover work, this was by far the furthest she had been in the Dominion territory since the war truly broke out. It was strange to think that not very long ago she had lived not very far from here. That was a lifetime ago and she was a different person back then. She followed his lead out of the airport and slid into the backseat of the taxi. She had to wonder if he knew the taxi driver somehow to be speaking so freely in front of them. The news about the apartment was a bit surprising as well, though she supposed it was a lot more private than a couple of hotel rooms. In either case, it left the question of how long Mathis was planning on spending here, or if it was just a precaution. Somewhere for them to go if they needed. However there was more immediate information she needed from him. “How are we going to approach Purifier?”

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:47 pm
Mathis Mathews

"We aren't. You are. Purifier knows me, she'll know that I am coming for her. She will be expecting me, not you." Mathis spoke passively and then leaned forward to whisper something to the driver. Then he leaned back and spoke directly to Lexi. "She can't be negotiated with and do not let her blood get on you. She likes to use music, but she had other methods of control." The taxi took a sharp right turn and continued down the street. Not far by now. Mathis's inside knowledge of the Dominion had gotten them this close but he knew that for every thing he knew about the Dominion, they knew something about him. The way he worked. That was why he brought Lexi. They didn't know her. Mathis took a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to Lexi. "When we get there, you go in first and incapacitate her. I will hang back unless needed. The paper has the address of the apartment encase we get separated."

[quote="Deadly_Tiger]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

She gave Mathis a sort of quizzical look as he whispered to the driver once again. It was odd, but then Mathis had always been a bit odd. It had been something she had found endearing in their previous relationship. Lexi took the piece of paper and quickly read the address before tucking it away. “Any recommendation for what I should say to her to get passed the front door?” Lexi asked. While she had a few idea, Mathis seemed to know Purifier well and her certainly knew the Dominion better than she would have liked. It would be foolish not ask for a recommendation from someone who had such knowledge. She assumed attempting to knock someone out in the hallway of an apartment building would be bad. Better to get herself invited in first. “I don’t suppose you thought to pack a tranquilizer of some kind?” She inquired after a second of thinking about the best way to incapacitate Purifier.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:21 pm
Mathis Mathews

"Lexi, Purifier was my friend. You hunted and tried to kill me. She knows. You're getting through that door by force or by picking the lock." Maybe he had left out the part about them being friends. He was certainly leaving out something else that they had been that he thought would upset Lexi. When she brought up a tranquilizer he reached to the inside pocket of his jacket and pulled out a syringe with a clear liquid and held it out to Lexi. She shouldn't be surprised, he spent a lot of time preparing for this. He had another one with Concussion's name literally written on the side in sharpie. The taxi pulled to a stop and Mathis handed the driver the money then stepped out of the car. Once Lexi did the same, the taxi would drive off and Mathis would gesture towards the entrance to the apartment building.

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:12 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi didn’t immediately respond to Mathis statement about Purifier. She was glad he had brought a tranquilizer, wordlessly taking it from him and sliding it into her boot. It was the place it was least likely to get broken if things got physical. While there were other methods to render someone unconscious they were a lot more violent and a lot less reliable. It was something she would have brought with if he had briefed her before whisking her off to San Francisco. It wasn’t until they were standing in front of the building that she spoke again. “That is something that is kind of important for me to know Mathis. If I had gone up there expecting her not to know who I am….” Purifier could have gotten the jump on her, or any number of bad things. She knew he was keeping some things from her, probably a lot of things, but she didn’t think he would keep something that pertinent from her. If she hasn’t have asked him how to approach Purifier he might not have told her at all. “Is there anything else I should know before confronting Purifier? I assume she knows about as much about my powers as you do.” Which wasn't everything. She had very deliberately kept some of her skills from him. "What exactly are her powers?" It seemed her giving him the benefit of the doubt when it came to him telling her everything she needed to know had come to an end.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:30 pm
Mathis Mathews

"Lexi given who you are do you honestly think that if someone worked with me, they wouldn't know who you are?" Mathis asked with a dull look. He thought she would have assumed that her identity was not a secret. He didn't wait for her to answer before he moved on to wrap up her briefing. "Nothing of relevance that I know about at the moment. Or at least nothing I find relevant to you going in there, incapacitating her, and bringing her to the apartment." Mathis almost sounded like he was avoiding something and he wasn't. He just didn't think his work with Purifier was entirely important for Lexi to know. "Control. She expresses it through music most of the time. It was how she learned it. But she had begun dabbling in touch related control as well. Most of the time she worked with touch related control she had to get her blood onto the thing she wanted to control."

Deadly_Tiger

Private Role-play

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas