Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Northern Lights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:17 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

User Image User Image User Image

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“I didn’t know you talked about me so much or shared my picture with people you only worked with a few time. Or was she your friend?” Lexi responded, pointing out the change between what Mathis had originally told her and what he was telling her now. Either way, if Purifier was going to recognize her on sight, rather than simply knowing of Lexi it meant Mathis had shared her photo with the deviant since she had never crossed paths with Purifier on the battle field. She didn’t think her identity was a secret, but she didn’t think he ran around sharing it with everyone he talked to either. She was more bothered about the lying than anything else. He said he wouldn’t lie to her anymore, but that was her Mathis, not this Mathis. She had been actually enjoying her time with him until she had been given that stark reminder.

She had a job to do though, so instead of waiting for an answer, she turned towards the building to deal with the task at hand. Whatever else he was keeping from her, she’d have to deal with it when it came up and hope it didn’t screw over the mission. Getting through the front door was easy enough. The glass door let her see where the lever was on the inside and it was simple enough for her to create a construct to push the door open from the inside. Those one way doors were a God send to people like her.

The trip up to Purifier’s floor was rather uneventful. She passed someone on the stairs, but they paid no attention to her and the hallway was empty. Lexi stood outside for a minute. To most it would look like she was just standing there, but she was reaching out with her powers, feeling for the presence of other people. Once she was satisfied there was only one occupant inside, an aura that felt oddly familiar to her, did Lexi make her move. A quick check showed the hallway was still empty. She assumed more Dominion members lived here, or at least wasn’t willing to bet her life that there wasn’t. A pin and tumbler lock was easy enough to deal with, she just had to hope no one suddenly entered the hall while she worked at it. After all it wasn’t a skill she commonly used and so it took her a bit of time. About two minutes later she eased the door open, slipped inside and closed it just as carefully. Then she moved through the apartment as quietly as possible in the general direction she had felt Purifier’s aura earlier. As soon as she saw the other woman she would use a construct to stop her from moving and more importantly stop her from screaming for help.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:43 pm
Purifier

Mathis did not try to defend himself. He had told her that he worked with Purifier and he had told her that Purifier had been his friend. Both were true. Her going to work with Concussion did not end their friendship, it just reduced the times that they saw each other. Before he could say anything, if he would have, Lexi had gone. As Lexi made her way to the apartment, Purifier sat at her piano playing a slow, soft song. Unfortunately for her it ended before Lexi arrived. A minute or so before. She was going to begin another song when suddenly she found herself unable to move. A moment of panic set in followed by a moment of calm as she identified the woman behind her through the mirror on the top of her piano. It was part of an exercise she practiced that she had not been practicing when Lexi so rudely interrupted her. "If Mathis wants to talk he can send someone better than his lapdog. Now, I was playing. Let me go." She spoke calmly as if she clearly didn't recognize the situation she was in. It hadn't yet clicked as to why Lexi was here.

Date: February 3, 2013 | Name: N/A

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:31 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Well at least her reputation was consistent on all sides. If the Dominion wanted to underestimate her, it was fine by Lexi. It made things easier. She took the syringe Mathis had given her out of her boot and slowly walked towards Purifier. Now that she saw the woman directly she knew why her aura had felt familiar to her. Wordlessly she took the cap off the needle and slid it smoothly into the woman’s neck. “You’ll be seeing Mathis soon enough.” She said softly as she slowly pushed the plunger down. Lexi had no idea what tranquilizer Mathis had picked and was trusting he had filled it to the right amount for someone of Purifier’s height and weight. When she was sure Purifier was unconscious she called Mathis, uttering two simple words when he picked up. “She’s out.”

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:15 pm
Purifier

The sedative did it's job and kept Purifier asleep for a few hours. When she woke up she found herself sitting in a rather comfortable chair. Mathis was sitting at a desk and Lexi wasn't in sight. "I didn't think you would go to her for help." Purifier mumbled. Mathis was writing something but she didn't know what it was and didn't particularly care. Right now she was more focused on getting out of this unfamiliar place. When she and Mathis had separated it had been on good terms. Only later did he defect to Providence. She had some hope that he wouldn't do what she had seen him do to so many others. That hope would soon be crushed.

"Where is Concussion?" Mathis asked simply. He made no comments about why he had sent Lexi to get her.

"You know I'm not going to tell you that, Frost," Purifier replied calmly before Mathis stood up and walked over to the chair she was in. Her hands and feet were bound to the chair but she wasn't afraid yet. Yet.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi entered the room without saying a word. She had heard the voices from the next room and knew it was time for what came next. She hadn’t discussed that with Mathis, but it wasn’t hard to figure out what he intended to do to with Purifier. And Lexi would watch every second of it, telling Mathis if she was being truthful or not in her answers. Essentially telling Mathis to keep going or not. Her biggest hope was that Purifier would quickly decide to tell Mathis what he wanted to know, because Lexi knew he would not stop until he had what he wanted.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:38 pm
Purifier

"You will. You will." Mathis did not sound happy about what he was going to do and as he reached down and took Purifier's hand she understood. Then she was afraid. "Tell me where he is."

"Mathis, I can't." It wasn't begging, but she clearly didn't want him to do what he was about to do. His face remained unchanged and she knew it wouldn't stop him. She knew him and knew that their friendship wouldn't stop him, but he would not enjoy it. "Do what you need to do." She finally whispered before the pain began. When it was slow it was often harder to tell that the pain had started, but when it came all at once it was easy. Purifier loved the ability to make music. Mathis was going to take that from her.

She let out a scream as her hand rapidly turned blue. Mathis was causing hypothermia to set in in a matter of seconds rather than hours. The pain was excruciating. She had seen him do it to countless others in interrogations, but never imagined it would be so painful. Why wouldn't it be? He had learned it from Snow. Purifier held out, she was screaming but she wasn't giving any information. Mathis did not seem to be enjoying it. "Tell me where he is and I can stop. You can still get to a healer and they can fix the damage." Mathis bargained but Purifier refused to answer him. It was when the hypothermia had spread up to her neck and down her leg that the pain became too much. She began to feel light headed and just before she was going to pass out the pain stopped spreading.

"I- I can't..." Purifier mumbled. "I- I don't know... They... they took me off his detail... when you... you defected... for security... they put... they put..." Her voice trailed off and she passed out.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:46 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“She was telling the truth.” Lexi said softly a few seconds after Purifier lost conscious. She knew she would wake soon. Unlike what Hollywood would have people believe, pain didn’t knock someone out for long. “Are you sure you want to do this? There are other ways. Or other people who could do this.” Surly Purifier’s screams would haunt her come nightfall, and that not only had Lexi let it happen, but she had helped Mathis do it. As horrible as it was to watch, neither of those things were her primary concern at the moment. Her concern was for Mathis because she could see what it was doing to him.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:45 pm
Mathis Mathews

"I'm fine." Mathis responded abruptly as he waited for Purifier to wake. The hand he had used to torture her was slightly blue now but the blue was fading from it. When Purifier woke, Mathis asked the same question and once again she refused to answer it. Mathis loss his patience and grabbed her other, undamaged arm firmly. "You know what comes after the hypothermia. You know what I'll do." Mathis threatened.

"Legion! They assigned Legion." Purifier caved before the torture but Mathis didn't let go of her arm. Lexi may have been able to tell what he intended to do. He was weighing the options in his head. Death may have been the better choice for her. Maybe she wouldn't be able to fix her arm and he didn't want her to live crippled. Part of him did, but not all of him.

Date: February 3, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

“Mathis.” Lexi’s voice came softly yet firmly from just behind him. At some point she had crossed the room, closing the distance between them. She placed her hand on his upper arm like she had back at the meeting when Alvin had been harassing him. To get his attention perhaps, or to connect him to humanity? A silent message that he was going too far, or that she would take care of it? To tell him to trust her? Maybe some combination thereof. It was hard to say. Either way, she didn’t look at Purifier as she spoke, but gave Mathis all of her attention as if they were the only two in the room. Still she chose her words carefully. “We need to move on Legion. Why don’t you see if you can find out where he is, while I take care of Purifier?” She suggested. After all he was the one with the Dominion connections.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:16 pm
Mathis Mathews

"Take her back to her apartment, I'll find Legion." Mathis mumbled in agreement before walking over to a drawer, pulling out another syringe filled with liquid, and injecting it into Purifier. When she was unconscious he spoke again. "When you leave her house, call the authorities and report a struggle. If she tells them anything it will be too late to stop us but she will be given the medical help she needs." He didn't want to kill her. He knew that now. He trusted Lexi to do this as she had trusted he would find Legion.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi looked at Purifier as if to check if the woman was really unconscious. More than that, she seemed to be debating something internally. “I can heal her.” She informed him after a minute, before looking back at Mathis. “Not like a true healer, and at great personal cost to myself, but I can help her. And I know someone who can take her back to Providence. It'll stop her from warning them at all and they won't hurt her. At least not until they have a chance to speak to us, but she will be imprisoned and they will want some information from her eventually.” Even Lexi had to admit there was a limit to her power to stop them from questioning someone of interest indefinitely. Given Purifier's apparent high rank she figured a telepath might be used, and given what had happened to him she wasn't sure how Mathis would feel about that. It was obvious he cared about this woman though. Which made what he was willing to do to her all the more frightening. Still that he cared at all was a positive. She would do which ever Mathis decided.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:08 pm
Mathis Mathews

"No. I know what Providence does to the people they interrogate. I'm not putting her through that. Do as I said and nothing more. If we involve Providence they will get in the way. I'm going to go find Legion." Mathis said nothing else before leaving the room and going to his own where his laptop was waiting. Maybe he didn't want Purifier healed because he did not want Lexi to pay the personal cost, but it was more likely that he had mapped it out in his head and wanted to do everything according to the plan he had made. Legion was a speed bump but he would not derail the plan because Mathis had accounted for the possibility that Purifier did not know. now it was just a game of trying to find out where Legion was. Mathis had heard of him but never met the man. So much for first impressions.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi felt he was making a mistake. Leaving Purifier free to tell the authorities a couple of Providence agents were in town. The Dominion would be combing the city for them with in the hour unless Purifier decided not to tell on them for some reason. But she also worried about the effect it would have on Mathis if she did lose the use of her arm. Still against her better judgment she did as she was told. When she returned a while later she didn't knock on Mathis's door to let him know she was back or to ask if found Legion, he likely heard her come in anyway. Nor did she go to the other bedroom, presumably her own. Instead she stepped out onto the small balcony to over look the city without really seeing, arms crossed while the wind gently blew around her. Was she making the right choice?

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:20 pm
Mathis Mathews

Mathis would not come out of his room for thirty minutes passed Lexi's return. Legion had proved more difficult to find than he had been expecting. Yet when he found Legion he could not have been more pleased with the results. He had only found Legion because the man had been involved in a fight the night before at a club. Plenty of people recorded it with their phones. One of them recorded Legion stumbling out of the club and getting into a car driven by none other than the man who Mathis was looking to kill. Concussion. Concussion had certainly tried to hide his face but Mathis would recognize him anywhere. The video gave Mathis a view of the license plate and after that it was only a few calls before he found out where the car was parked at the very moment. He put on his blazer and stormed out of his room. "I found them. Let's move."

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

It seemed her short reprieve was over. Lexi carefully buried her emotions under the mask she had gotten so used to wearing these last few years before turning to face Mathis, though he had already proven his ability to see through her. Perhaps one day she'd have to ask him how he did it. She knew what he intended for Legion probably wasn't so different from what had happened to Purifier. She knew she knew she didn't want to witness that again. But she also knew Mathis would simply go without her if she protested and that seemed far worse. So she stepped back inside, closed the patio door behind her and gestured for him to lead the way. “What is the plan?”

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Private Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas