Welcome to Gaia! ::

The D-Party

Back to Guilds

Because we like Diedrich. And Parties! 

Tags: Diedrich, Grunny, D-Party, Party, President 

Reply Archives: Where all old threads go to die.
D-Party Monthly Newsletter-Interest?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Newsletter Interest Poll
  I would read and submit content
  I would read and maybe submit content
  I would only read
  I would maybe read
  I would not read or submit content
View Results

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:22 pm
Zana Bonanza
I will totally write articles and stuff. I can also cover proofreading and editing! I took a news writing class in college, so that basically makes me a reporter.

So, some ideas:

- Stories (Diedrich's origins, REVEALED!) and opinion pieces (President Trash Can rigged the election and/or is a lizard person...in a trash can)

- Details about upcoming events

- Monthly birthdays (or a link to Rox's post if she wants to keep it separate)

- Yes to interviews!

- Classifieds, where members can send in links and banners to their on site threads

- If not a comic, then maybe a caption contest? One silly picture that readers can submit captions to and win a little prize
That all sounds great!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:49 pm
Hassli

Hullo!

I'm sure I could be of use if this project kicks off. I have experience writing, editing/proofreading, and obviously art stuff, so I can pinch hit if there's a need.

More specifically (though not all at once):
Graphics and designs for stuff like the front page. If you wanna go crazy with it and do a bona-fide newsletter PDF for the whole thing like Oh My Gaia, I also have experience with print layout and InDesign. (A bit ambitious for this project atm, but just putting it out there.)
• I'd consider the mini-comic idea, but only on the art end. I'm not great at coming up with comic panel script ideas on my own. I'm better at taking someone's idea and improving or enhancing it. If anyone's really good at comic/comedy scripts but suck at art, maybe we can work together.
• People could submit mini-comic scripts ideas to the newsletter overall, and artists in the guild can realize them.
• For non-comic writing, I could probably churn out poetry or short stories. (I can do articles too, but I'm picky about subject matter)
• How about an advice column? Think Dear Abby, but having Diedrich and/or Lil' D answering everything. I'd probably have fun ghost-writing that, tbh. smile Or maybe having the staff rotate and give real answers like Dear Abby. People could send in silly (or serious) questions to be answered.
• Guild artists could also illustrate other people's writing submissions, maybe.
• I like the quiz idea. Maybe we can do some kind of mock teen magazine thing like "Which Diedrich are you?!?!" or something otherwise silly/mildly nonsensical. Plenty of memes out there to pull from.
• I also like the caption contest idea. Like posting a single panel cartoon/comic, and announcing the winners in the next newsletter along with a new one.
• Diedrich or Gaia-themed riddles? I'm pretty decent at riddle crafting.
• People can send in IRL photos of fun stuff that reminds them of Diedrich or Lil' D, or even submit those photos for the caption contest if they're silly enough.

Stuff I would not want to see and would probably click past and not read (based on my reactions to other guild newsletters):
• Lists of birthdays.
• "Ads" for other guilds, groups, or personal sites. Unless they're extremely subtle and not consisting of awful graphics, I'd rather not see that stuff. I'm already trying to have an ad-free browsing experience.
• Anything else that's already in guild announcements

I'll edit or post again if I think of anything more.
Formatted by Gaia.Upgrade

Arynaria
Crew

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:49 pm
Arynaria
Hassli

Hullo!

I'm sure I could be of use if this project kicks off. I have experience writing, editing/proofreading, and obviously art stuff, so I can pinch hit if there's a need.

More specifically (though not all at once):
Graphics and designs for stuff like the front page. If you wanna go crazy with it and do a bona-fide newsletter PDF for the whole thing like Oh My Gaia, I also have experience with print layout and InDesign. (A bit ambitious for this project atm, but just putting it out there.)
• I'd consider the mini-comic idea, but only on the art end. I'm not great at coming up with comic panel script ideas on my own. I'm better at taking someone's idea and improving or enhancing it. If anyone's really good at comic/comedy scripts but suck at art, maybe we can work together.
• People could submit mini-comic scripts ideas to the newsletter overall, and artists in the guild can realize them.
• For non-comic writing, I could probably churn out poetry or short stories. (I can do articles too, but I'm picky about subject matter)
• How about an advice column? Think Dear Abby, but having Diedrich and/or Lil' D answering everything. I'd probably have fun ghost-writing that, tbh. smile Or maybe having the staff rotate and give real answers like Dear Abby. People could send in silly (or serious) questions to be answered.
• Guild artists could also illustrate other people's writing submissions, maybe.
• I like the quiz idea. Maybe we can do some kind of mock teen magazine thing like "Which Diedrich are you?!?!" or something otherwise silly/mildly nonsensical. Plenty of memes out there to pull from.
• I also like the caption contest idea. Like posting a single panel cartoon/comic, and announcing the winners in the next newsletter along with a new one.
• Diedrich or Gaia-themed riddles? I'm pretty decent at riddle crafting.
• People can send in IRL photos of fun stuff that reminds them of Diedrich or Lil' D, or even submit those photos for the caption contest if they're silly enough.

Stuff I would not want to see and would probably click past and not read (based on my reactions to other guild newsletters):
• Lists of birthdays.
• "Ads" for other guilds, groups, or personal sites. Unless they're extremely subtle and not consisting of awful graphics, I'd rather not see that stuff. I'm already trying to have an ad-free browsing experience.
• Anything else that's already in guild announcements

I'll edit or post again if I think of anything more.
I don’t think we need to go all out on graphics. We’re not making a magazine! A nice header and art submissions will be good!

I think we can advertise for guild stuff. We can link to the birthday club, to make sure it gets more airtime. Link to any events we’re having, and that kind of deal! I think it would be nice for members to share links for other things they are involved in on Gaia. It doesn’t even have to have banners. It could be a bulletin board sort of thing with just a link and a brief description. Some of our members help host charities or are involved in other fan clubs. It would be a nice way to share that.

These are some going d suggestions! I also like the idea of riddles! I really like the idea of an advice column. Silly quizzes also sound fun, but I’m not sure how to write those haha.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:26 am
This sounds like a lot of fun! I don't really have any suggestions that others haven't introduced first, but I would be interested in contributing/helping write poetry, an advice column, silly quizzes, maybe full articles if I have some bullet points to work from.
Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help! I hope this gains traction.  

InvidiaDiaboli

Romantic Guildsman

Inuyasha_roxs_08

Crew

Toxic Treasure

22,490 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:26 am
I don't think we need to go too crazy till we know if anyone will even read it. Maybe you should sent out a test annoucement thing with a poll to see how many people vote? I just don't want us to devote so much time into something that dies right away. Then I would feel bad that we have all these ideas going to waste. Though we could use them in future event? ANYWAY....

I like the advice column idea where Diedrich maybe answered everything. That would be amusing.

I am not that good with my art, but I wouldn't mind trying a comic or something.

I would love to put in the birthdays for the newsletter as well as a link. If I am lucky it would channel more traffic my way? But like Arynaria said - Not everyone would want to see that. So maybe just a link to my thread.

Interviews would be cool. We could start with the crew, then pick a random active member of the Guild? There are a few people that haven't logged in since 2015...so would be a waste to interview them. xD

Upcoming events - Yes.

Quiz or riddles/games - Yes

We have a lot of good suggestions. But like I said...we should see how many people are really interested before we invest time into it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 am
It sounds interesting! I would definitely read it, tho not sure if I could contribute cuz med school is neutral I think it/this? should be posted in the GCD D-Party thread, cuz people are probs already subscribed to that and guild threads dont to have the subscribe option sad  

Whip-Happy Prosecutor

Mythical Bard

21,465 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Member 100

[Elske]-[XXIX]

Crew

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:05 am

`.I like this idea!
        We already have a name for it, the Dispatch thing works too well to not use!

Honestly, I'm not much of a creative type or idea guy, so even though I really do want to be helpful with these things, I would need someone to assign me grunt work (if there ends up being any)?

Would having a project director for that sort of thing bump this into the "wow, we're making maybe too much effort" category?

emotion_awesome

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:59 am
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli

I admit defeat. I cannot find it, it was years ago though.
But have you seen this group?
Link
They do a monthly magazine.
That is fancy! Ours doesn’t need to be that fancy haha

Awww...
What about semi-fancy?  

ichigokazuki

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • 20000 High Score 500

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:06 am
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli

Link

Awww...
What about semi-fancy?
I don’t think we have the support to be incredibly fancy on this. It will most likely be mostly text based. If we had members willing to put something like that together, it would be another matter, but I don’t think we do.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 am
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli

Link

Awww...
What about semi-fancy?
I don’t think we have the support to be incredibly fancy on this. It will most likely be mostly text based. If we had members willing to put something like that together, it would be another matter, but I don’t think we do.

I wouldn't mind making some simple colourful title banners or similar stuff. But I'm pretty swamped till November.  

ichigokazuki

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:50 am
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli

Link

Awww...
What about semi-fancy?

I wouldn't mind making some simple colourful title banners or similar stuff. But I'm pretty swamped till November.
Wenprobably won’t be starting on this until November anyway. Maybe even later.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:52 am
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli

Awww...
What about semi-fancy?

That's perfect then.
My fundraiser dinner and silent auction is at the end of October and I'm moving then too.
My last major offline event is November 17th, I can definitely make some colourful banners if you would like. 3nodding  

ichigokazuki

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500

Hassli
Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 am
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli

Awww...
What about semi-fancy?

That's perfect then.
My fundraiser dinner and silent auction is at the end of October and I'm moving then too.
My last major offline event is November 17th, I can definitely make some colourful banners if you would like. 3nodding
That would be cool!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:58 am
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli
ichigokazuki
Hassli

That's perfect then.
That would be cool!

Awesome! I'm glad to help. biggrin  

ichigokazuki

Otherworldly Dreamer

57,725 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500

nursangelica

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:37 am
Heyo! I love the idea of a monthly "newsletter". Now to answer your questions:

Is this something that you guys would find interesting? Yes, it is.

If so, what sort of content would you be interested in seeing in the newsletter? Your newsletter ideas seem to already cover content I'd like to see.

Would you be willing to submit content yourself? Yes, I would.

If published, would you try to read the content? Yes again, of course.

Archives: Where all old threads go to die.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games