Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:37 pm
“Xa44”

Strikxr

(so im stupid and keep forgetting to come back online but ill try to be more active again. and i need another explaination of what’s currently going on.)

(on side notes, Kagayaku got a new redesign & her name is now Ayane. ill share a link of her new design. also, if mentions aren’t working still, that’s bexause I’m on my phone & my phone may not have those kind of quotation marks necessary for quoting.)

https://www.deviantart.com/gamingwithbri/art/Ayane-785831196

[Shiki got his soumamori back and got a ghost arm in place of his fake arm, Tona got hers and can summon an imp-like creature now, and Kengo obtained his along with the ability to cast minor spells. Currently, they've been entered into a fighting competition. They won the first round and are currently shopping because all their metal (steel?) equipment vanished when they returned to the map's world. We just kinda assumed that Autum Ayane was with the group, but she remained in the background. Maybe she stayed behind when Shiki got his soumamori, which might be when she downloaded that update?

@Xa44: Are they really that scary? lol.]

Kengo: *Eyeing the price on the book that Tona was looking at with a dreadful feeling that he knows exactly what she wants to spend their winnings on*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm
Haru Yates

(1 good hit to the head and your dead, also because it's just a stick edge alignment is nonexistent(witch makes a big difference, because even a bad hit can still break a limb(like your hands witch are very hard to defend even with a shield) also if you have armour that gives no protection because it is a blunting weapon. Tbh least it isn't a spear(lengthy B^:%&:$s)(ok being fair a spear isn't thatstrong just hard to counter)
Tona: so how much G do you think we will get...  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:07 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

(1 good hit to the head and your dead, also because it's just a stick edge alignment is nonexistent(witch makes a big difference, because even a bad hit can still break a limb(like your hands witch are very hard to defend even with a shield) also if you have armour that gives no protection because it is a blunting weapon. Tbh least it isn't a spear(lengthy B^:%&:$s)(ok being fair a spear isn't thatstrong just hard to counter)
Tona: so how much G do you think we will get...

[True, but that also goes for hammers, axes, clubs, and whatever other bludgeoning weapon. (Actually, you can bludgeon somebody with a sword too. Especially if one side is blunt.) Quarterstaffs were usually used to train with because they were cheap and usually made of wood (which is considerably less lethal), but they were not much good against weapons that could break them or cut them in half. I'd imagine that a metal or steel one would be too heavy to wield properly, while one that was hollow enough to be light-weight enough to wield would be too thin and too delicate to be of much use against a broadsword. Just saying. (I have to wonder how one might handle the vibrations from the impact of a metal staff against metal. Would it be like the sting of a baseball bat if it's not hitting it square on?)]

Kengo: I'd imagine that it's at least as much as what we received for our recent win. 20G. *looking at the bows*

[so hey, is it a long bow or a short bow that's for sale?]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:48 pm
Haru Yates

(Realistically cutting something like that isn't at easy as you think, that is why spears are so effective, and a axe it's a used as a bludgeoning weapon(mainly used to hook other meapons then Grapple/kill a person, and a hammer isn't really a weapon(least from what I hear) and a quarterstaff is a type of club(actually the only one that is practically used historically(batons are also but those are more modern). Also when it comes to bludgeoning someone with a sword, that is actually a think(kinda) it's called half swording. Halfswording is when you hold a sword upside down like a hammer, this was actually really common to use because of armour and stuff)
Tona:...so should we plan what to do with all our G now

(Just a bow(not going to restrict it really, you pick))  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:56 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

(Realistically cutting something like that isn't at easy as you think, that is why spears are so effective, and a axe it's a used as a bludgeoning weapon(mainly used to hook other meapons then Grapple/kill a person, and a hammer isn't really a weapon(least from what I hear) and a quarterstaff is a type of club(actually the only one that is practically used historically(batons are also but those are more modern). Also when it comes to bludgeoning someone with a sword, that is actually a think(kinda) it's called half swording. Halfswording is when you hold a sword upside down like a hammer, this was actually really common to use because of armour and stuff)
Tona:...so should we plan what to do with all our G now

(Just a bow(not going to restrict it really, you pick))

[Two words: "War hammer". War hammers were bludgeoning weapons (like Thor's Mjolnir), but they were often made like a typical hammer with a spike (pike) on the end to pierce. And medieval battle axes were also considered to be a "cutting weapons" in addition to a bludgeoning one, as it could be (and was) used to cleave and sever limbs. Both could do some serious damage to medieval armor (especially the pike which, much like a spear, could pierce through gaps in armor and penetrate chainmail.) Never heard of an axe's primary use being to grapple unless you're talking about a halberd or polearm type of axe. (One attacked to a long pole.)
In that case, make it a short bow. They're not as powerful & don't have the same range as a long bow, but they are faster to load and better suited to close combat (in comparison to the longbow at least).]

Kengo: I'll be spending this then. I assume that Alex will want a sword, so that's eight pieces. I plan to buy the short bow and arrows to go with it, so that's another eight. I also wouldn't mind getting a dagger for myself and a dagger for Autumn, if she's all right with that instead of another sword. That way, if the bow is damaged or proves ill-suited for melee, then I have something to fall back on. That should bring our total up to twenty, which is all the gold we have. *looks at the others for their thoughts before he finalizes anything*

Shiki: I'm good with no weapon.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:50 am
Haru Yates

(Actually most axes have a point in the back used to hit armour, and um yeah if you look at battle axes you will see that thdy have the main part of the head have a longer spike going toward you so you can use it to hook around a weapon or most importantly a shield, at that point you have a lot you can do and even more so if you have a shield with it. As for war hammers they are very uncommon and edgy alignment is a big deal for them.(forgot to bring this up earlier but they didn't use wood weapons to train they actually used a dulled version of whatever weapon they would normally use(or if they are good would use a sharpened version because it feels different) the main reason for this is that they need to train with weapon that have a very similar weight and also edge alignment(for real never forget edge alignment))

Alex: sure sounds fine, but here's a tip. If someone gets up close and you can't grab a dagger, an arrow works just as well.  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:40 pm
Xa44
(Actually most axes have a point in the back used to hit armour, and um yeah if you look at battle axes you will see that thdy have the main part of the head have a longer spike going toward you so you can use it to hook around a weapon or most importantly a shield, at that point you have a lot you can do and even more so if you have a shield with it. As for war hammers they are very uncommon and edgy alignment is a big deal for them.(forgot to bring this up earlier but they didn't use wood weapons to train they actually used a dulled version of whatever weapon they would normally use(or if they are good would use a sharpened version because it feels different) the main reason for this is that they need to train with weapon that have a very similar weight and also edge alignment(for real never forget edge alignment))

Alex: sure sounds fine, but here's a tip. If someone gets up close and you can't grab a dagger, an arrow works just as well.

[Got a source? All I've found are sources that say that most basic training and techniques were practiced with wooden weapons because they were considered non-lethal (which makes sense) and they were cheap to produce in medieval ages. Unless this is based on RP lore. Maybe more advanced soldiers practiced with metal weapons or used them in certain competitions/tournaments [+1 point for sticking opponents arm], but metal weapons were expensive and considerably lethal for a training match. Sure, they could train with them to get a better feel for the weapon's weight, but they could do that just a well by just swinging it through the air or using a tree for practice. (I'm just looking for something to validate it...)
Here is one of my favourite sources for medieval info (mainly because it's well-organized and easy to understand, not to mention the amount of info available. You can also email the site if you have questions about anything medieval): https://www.medievalchronicles.com/
And war hammers were actually really useful. As for the axe, I was thinking of the two-handed battle axe, so my bad for the confusion.]

Kengo: Although I do agree with that statement, arrows can still break. Especially when you are struggling for an opening at close range. The dagger can be thrust without snapping like a flimsy twig. May as well strike the base of their neck with the bow. Considering that they do not want us to kill our opponents, I doubt that they've designed these particular arrows to allow the tip to come loose and lodge itself in the target, so the dagger can do more damage at close range. The opponent can grasp the arrow, but they get cut when they try to block or catch the dagger-
Shiki: He's off on a tangent now.
Kengo: *stops and glares at Shiki*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:13 am
Haru Yates

( couldn't find the exact video but look at this .........., and still a quarterstaff I would say is still much better also 2 handed axes aren't that good, axe plus shield is just so ridiculously strong)
Alex: just saying to keep it in mind, anyway should we go back?  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:56 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

( couldn't find the exact video but look at this .........., and still a quarterstaff I would say is still much better also 2 handed axes aren't that good, axe plus shield is just so ridiculously strong)
Alex: just saying to keep it in mind, anyway should we go back?

[Thanks! I'll watch it when I get a chance.]

Kengo: *purchases the weapons* Sure.
Shiki: *starts humming*  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:14 pm
Haru Yates

Alex: well looks like we're done here*walks back*
Tona: hope we can get through this next round fast  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:03 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

Alex: well looks like we're done here*walks back*
Tona: hope we can get through this next round fast

Shiki: I'm sure we'll be plenty quick! *follows Alex*
Kengo: ... *follows Alex*  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:37 pm
Haru Yates

*when you get back it is time for the next round, by what is being said you can tell your going to be fighting elite guards of the city*  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:45 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

*when you get back it is time for the next round, by what is being said you can tell your going to be fighting elite guards of the city*

Sorry for taking so long to return! I've been busy with work and cosplay. I'll try to post once a week if I can. sweatdrop

Shiki: *Punches his palm with his fist* All right! Who's up for the next round?  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:12 pm
Haru Yates

(Its fine, been doing a lot of beta tests, been going really well)
*when you walk into the arena you see 2 knights 1 with 2 swords and another with 2 shields, the sword knight advances and signals for the shield knight to stay behind him  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:48 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

(Its fine, been doing a lot of beta tests, been going really well)
*when you walk into the arena you see 2 knights 1 with 2 swords and another with 2 shields, the sword knight advances and signals for the shield knight to stay behind him

[Argh! I've just been so busy lately! Again, sorry for being offline so much!]

Kengo: *hangs towards the back of the group, watching his opponents cautiously*
Shiki: Guess that means 'start'! *dawns his armor and makes a beckoning gesture* Come on!  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff