Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Events ]:
:[Naiadpalooza ORP]: Homecoming Inauguration (see page 14) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:43 pm
User Image

Floating near and to the left of the clam shell bassinet, Tox Curie returned the Queen's nod and watched with pride as the queen went to address the crowd. The group was huge, so many naiad she'd never seen before. They were lucky to find them, Waters blessed Tariel would prove to them how amazing it was to live here.

Rather than listen to the speech, her attention turned to her two charges. They'd need sound-makers before long with as quickly as they grew! Whispering softly she spoke to the babies, "Do you hear that, little pearls? You'll grow up to be wise guardians of the Waters just like your momma. Or you'll get a scolding." The last part followed a soft chuckle. With as lovely as their mother, these two would grow to be beautiful young ladies despite their father. It really was a good thing he couldn't read minds with half the teasing shes done.

Oh, the girls' names were called. Taking her que she moved the clam shell forward for the Queen and her consort to take the girls up to display. It was good that the Queendome saw them, and that they saw their future people

With the babies back in the bassinet, Tox offered a hand to the back of Tariel's. The gesture was brief but no less meaningful, "I've never let you down," Unless you count that one incident but it was funny at the time and near a lifetime ago, "I'll watch over your girls." Like they were mine.

The reminder was received, accepted and headed. There wasn't any cause for alarm. Only Naiads can come down to this place blessed by the Water. Her worries came when the babies were old enough to swim and decided not to listen to her. Oh she'd try to train them well to head a sharp eye, given their parents would they listen? Most of the time.

Taking a position back to the front of the bassinet and to the left, Tox kept to where she could see the babies clearly and ward off anyone getting too close. If her stern expression didn't scare them off, Tariel showed an abundance of caution by assigning two guards. She was fine with the both of them. Snorri seemed a little more serious of the two but both took to their jobs in a manner she approved.

Vera was hard to miss, seeing her old friend wave drew a little smile and a small wave back. Well, it was nice to see she was out having fun.

Irwin waited, excited to see the other finally move to compare mental notes. The act was not a disappointment, while not deep breath taken the quickness of his movement matched expectations. With a wave to the retreating octopae, he disregarded the last bit of the instructions. He liked the male but there was an eel like pae that snatched his attention.

Daisicle
Vera got a wave back smile Snorri because he is there

Teigra

Antidia

DaemonGabrielle
Logan and Wawa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:16 pm
Twitchapher the 3rd

[MEL]

Mel was gonna kill somebody. He didnt like having fun time interrupted. He growled and put his beautiful blue princess down. It wasn't like moments like this happened everyday. He loved his azure pearl but she could be a real.....witch.

Grumpy as ever, he turned toward the announcer and sighed loudly. And waited. Thwn waited some more. Oceans, she could talk. When she was done, he turned bavk to Marina and asked "Happy now? We know why we're here! Now let's get some crab. "

He may have even snarled and snapped his claws. But he was already turning around toward the buffet table.  

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:33 pm
Rainier took a deep breath, feeling discouraged that he had been unable to lose Attine's attention. "I... I'm not lost." He insisted. When he blinked he held his eyes closed a little longer, trying to decide what to do. The male glanced around the room, there was plenty of naiad, he didn't really want to be so rude, and he really was as safe as he could possibly be right here.

He had noticed her change of posture, and it had put him more at ease, but she still made him uncomfortable. What did she mean that she wanted to get to know him?

"What would you like to know?" he asked Attine rather awkwardly. He glanced at the tart she had grabbed, noticing the food table behind them. Rainier had been so nervous being around so many strange new naiad, he had hardly noticed the plethora of food nearby. His appetite was not one to scoff at. The males eyes shifted before he quickly snuck a treat.

DaemonGabrielle

------------------------------------------------------------

When it looked as if someone was trying to grab the attention of the crowds, Decha swam closer to the throne area to find out what was going on. He listened intently, finding relief in finally getting answers to the reason why he felt so drawn to this place. With the answers came new questions, allied with faun? How strange, he had never seen a landwalker himself and wasn't quite sure what all this meant.

It seemed that their arrival had come at the same time as another arrival for this beautiful female who called herself queen. Decha would have called her a queen with looks like hers. She was far more beautiful than any female he had ever seen of his own kind. Of course, he never had to answer to any sort of leadership while he had been outside of this lake, but there was this deep sense of belonging, one he hadn't known he had been craving, that he felt simply by being here. Still, as he looked on at the presented princesses, the male felt like he had missed something. So many questions.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well the female certainly was excited. Leone wasn't too sure if he was. Sure he didn't... mind crowds exactly, but there was just so much that could happen, like fights or something! He really didn't like violence too much. "It's uh... interesting at least." To see all of these naiad here it certainly was. He had never seen crowds so big! Which is why it was so overwhelming!

He gave her a small smile. "Nice to meet you Ahuna. And um... I haven't actually ever danced before, so that would be a no..." Selkies didn't really have much dancing where they came from. Or at least they didn't do too much to draw attention to themselves. "I can try though?" He gave her an embarrassed grin, wondering if he should even be saying this.
-------------

A bit later thought it seemed that the reason they had all been called here was finally revealed, and Leone was quite surprised that there was someone who actually ruled over all of them. Considering how few selkies there were and how shy, it was surprising that they even had a leader, let along a 'Queen' let alone an entire royal line. He almost wondered if he should have come here in the first place. It was just too much to take in at once! He felt like swimming back to where he had come from to take refuge under a rock or something. Though he supposed it was better to learn about this in-person rather than getting some notice or their area suddenly getting taken over by whatever army this Queen may have.

Tartara Seabreeze

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cyprus felt his face heat up in embarrassment, and quickly waved a claw at the other. "No! Not your fault at all! I should have been looking where I was going! And I'm new here too. First time seeing the palace." He should have found a secluded spot to eat his food. It might have been better to go outside of the palace to do that. It was a bit embarrassing having trouble picking up the food that they offered here while all the other naiad had fingers to grab things. Cyprus was suddenly starting to miss home, where he could eat without having to worry about what he looked like while doing so.

Well, at least the other didn't seem to be angry. "I'm Cyprus! It's nice to meet you Jarrin, even if it's not the best of circumstances." Really, spilling a plate of food in front of someone else was never a good way to meet another. "It's... pretty fancy in here isn't it?"
--------------

Sometime later though the announcement had been made about the reason as to why they had heard the call and why they had come. It seemed that the Queen pretty much wanted to tell them that she was the queen and she had some babies. Not really anything too amazing, or at least important to Cyprus. I mean sure, it was interesting to hear, and he had heard about some Queen of the naiad where he had lived, but to be called here for it seemed a bit excessive? He wasn't too sure, but he gave a small congratulations anyway to the seemingly happy royal family.

StarshineAngel01

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Domini shook his head. "Perhaps announcements for whatever we're supposed to learn should have been sent out instead?" He mused, giving Fabio a smirk. At least it would mean the palace would be less crowded, and he wouldn't have had to follow some weird call in his head that wouldn't go away until he came here. There better be a really good reason why they had come here, and why it couldn't have just been sent out through some other form of communication. "It's not your fault though, I just have to watch where I'm going. No one needs to get hit by any of my spikes, and there isn't really any way to control them, so I have to be really careful. So, don't blame yourself!" Honestly, he did not want another naiad to feel bad just because Domini couldn't be a bit more careful. "I'm Domini. What's your name?" Might as well meet and greet, right?
--------------

Eventually though, the time had come for the amazing news that all of the naiad had been called here for. Domini was expecting something amazing out of all of this, especially because they had been crowded into this main room that clearly couldn't accommodate for all of them. He listened to the Queen give her speech and introduce her babies and... that was it? THAT'S what they had been called here for?! Domini wanted to yell out 'THAT'S IT?!?' but held his tongue, considering that it would have drawn unwanted attention to himself. He rolled his eyes at all of it. Great, came here just for some self-important speech and introducing some babies. Nice. Really, were all of the naiad supposed to ooh and aww over all of them or something? Instead, Domini headed over to the food table, not really looking to see if Fabio had followed him there or not, and started to pile a plate. If Domini was going to be here for such a ridiculous reason, he was going to stuff himself silly.

Seruta

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Out of the corner of his eye, Seamus could see too interesting female naiad swimming up to him. He had to admit, just because they didn't have the looks of usual female naiad didn't mean that they didn't look good. And they seemed to flow quite well with the water. He smiled at them as they came up to him, and he gave them a wink when the blue one said the purple one thought he was cute. "Well, you ladies are quite beautiful yourselves. I'm Seamus. May I ask what the names of too gorgeous ladies such as yourselves are?" Flirting, he was way too much of a flirt and it showed. Though if he knew that a female wasn't into him, he would apologize and back off. After all, flirting was no fun if the other party/parties weren't into it! Why do it if the other sided didn't reciprocate?
--------------

Too soon though it seemed that the announcement as to why they were here was being made, and Seamus had to stop all of his delightful conversation to listen to it. At least they got the information as to why they had been summoned here, and Seamus had to admit that the whole family really did look like royalty. He gave a small congratulations and then turned back to whatever conversations he had been having. He couldn't focus too long on the royal family, after all, others were supposed to be focused on him! And he was sure that even though they had organized this party, those who were of higher rank were probably much busier than the more ordinary members of the kingdom.

Menelie

((as a note, if any of your characters have moved on please tell me and we don't have to continue! I also hope that I responded to everyone that I needed to!))  

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:21 am
Tavian chuckled, "Sounds like a boyfriend to me." He grinned, only to wince as her claw dug into his tentacle. Ow! "Owowowowowow!" He almost whined, not really able to let go of her. If he was capable of it, then of course he'd have leg go, but by now his suckers had gotten so well attached that even relaxing the tentacles wasn't going to do anything!

"Leggo! Leggo, leggo I can't let go if you don't first!" He squeaked, getting closer to her in hopes of releasing some of the building pressure in his tentacle.

EvilSilverDragon
Tavian regretting his decisions. Do you want to skip them forward to after Queen Tari speaks?

How very much like his daughters and himself. Had everyone who lived in the oceans been called to this palace? Was she one of his citizens? The entire kingdom had been destroyed in that whirlpool... Triton decided not to dwell on this, instead focusing on the beauty on his arm. "It seems all the oceans were called to this one spot." His deep voice growled, not intending it to come off in a gruff manner.

The merman was pleased with her approval at their spot. He couldn't keep the smile off his face, even if it was just a small one covered by his rather large mustache. "I came from a kingdom called Atlantis." The former king chuckled, still enjoying her last name. "My daughters felt the calling first, at their urging, we came here." He offered, remembering the moment where he very nearly called his children all crazy. But still, this distant humming was better than having no direction and being utterly adrift in the vast oceans.

"It seems a good thing they coerced me into listening." He smirked, trying not to think of the utter destruction that was their home. How many merfolk had been killed or injured? The former king shook the thought from his head. This was not where he wanted to go with this evening.

Seruta
Triton -> Ayu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:48 am
Kelebek couldn't keep her eyes off the beautiful diversity of the naiad all around her. Everywhere she looked she saw a different kind of tail, fin, or...tentacle? They came in all shapes, sizes, and colors. "I suppose they did," she agreed with Hjortur.

Queen Tariel's announcement pulled her away from her naiad-watching and forced her to attend to both the reason they were here and the one thing she wanted to avoid. She felt her face flush, seeing Turin with the Queen, even after all this time. Truly, she bore them no ill will, especially since she'd found her own love, but seeing them still evoked feelings of....Kelebek wasn't sure, exactly. Shame? Regret? Maybe a bit of longing?

She drew a deep breath. They deserved to be together. Being with Hjortur had taught her what real love looked like, the kind where you loved the other in the same way they loved you. It would have never worked between her and Turin, and it made her happy to see him so besotted with his Queen.

"I suppose we should pay our respects?" she said to Hjortur. All feelings aside, the Princesses looked adorable and she wanted a better look. She couldn't resist babies, no matter what the circumstances.

Daisicle
Kelebek->Hjortur, and bless you for re-quoting me lol

The peachy-blue Umbri giggled. "I'm Mertxika, and this is Morea. It's a pleasure to meet you, Seamus." She looked pleased, too, as opposed to her purple friend, who rather looked like she wanted to melt into the floor. Mertxika elbowed Morea.

"Um, yes!" agreed Morea with a nervous smile. "Charmed...."

Waters help me, thought Mertxika, this girl is hopeless! "Did you travel quite far to get here, Seamus?" she asked. At this rate she'd never find a cute girl for herself; they'd be here all night trying to get Morea fixed up.

Morea put on her best smile. Why was talking to men so hard? She could wingman like no other for Mertxika with attractive ladies, but the instant she tried to make conversation with a male...it was as if she'd forgotten how to speak. And anyway, she remembered indignantly, it wasn't as if she'd asked Mertxika to fix her up...she'd be just as content with something bubbly and watching Mertxika flirt with every girl here. Or, even better, finding an apartment like the Queen had said, and curling up with something to read.

SSBrosB
Mertxika & Morea -> Seamus

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:18 am
Fabio nodded as he glanced around. "Well, yeah. I can see how that would have been preferred..." he agreed, still fiddling with his hair a bit. "However, I've lived in the lake all my life and there's a great many more paeple here that I've never seen before." He glanced over at Domini briefly before looking back out over everyone else. "You included."

"Almost everyone who lives here looks..." he paused only briefly and then shrugged. "... well, they look a lot like me, I guess." He offered a shy little smile with his shrug.

As the other introduced himself, he offered a smile and nodded. "I'm Fabio. A pleasure t--" He started to push his hand forward to shake in the greeting, but the Queen's lovely voice began to call out over them and he paused, blinking in her direction.

He turned his attention to the Queen as she began to talk and his face nearly lit up! Two precious little babes?! He'd heard the rumors and whispers of the Queen and her Captain having a thing, but this simply solidified those things in Fabio's mind. He clapped softly and turned to speak to Domini again right as the other seemed to trail off for food. "Oh, uh... NICE-!!... to meet you..." he called after him, but trailed off. He didn't think it all too wise to follow after him. He did swim off, after all.

SSBrosB
Fabio -> Domini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:31 am
Octavius continued to listen, completely and quietly fascinated. It was a bit odd though. Seemed the pretty lady he sat with currently and the rest of them all felt this strange tug and pull. He idly wondered what was so important to have called so many from so many places to this one spot.

His brow furrowed slightly as she seemed to get a tad distracted and trail off in thought, but in turning his head to look at the Queen talk, he immediately understood.

Naiad? Such an odd term. And the announcement of babies? Even more celebratory! Well, now it all made sense! Octavius picked up another strawberry and nibbled on it quietly as he listened to the Queen and eyed the orb that floated beside her.

Shicala
Octavius -> Ariel

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:44 am
Ayu seemed absolutely enthralled with everything Triton had to say. The name of his Kingdom seemed to cause a small little rise of her brow, but it was more out of curiosity of the place than the similarity to her name. "I can't say I'm familiar with the place..." she admitted with a small smile. "but I imagine any kingdom would be a beautiful sight to behold..."

She pat his arm softly. "I know it isn't of any fault of mine, but I am sorry you had to deal with the loss of your home as well." There was the subtle drip of sorrow to her words, but the effort to keep this talk on a more positive and upbeat level was also evident.

"And you said... daughters?" she asked, tilting her head almost cutely with her inquiry. She giggled softly. "More than one, I take it? Oh, you'll have to tell me more about them!" she nearly beamed. She loved children!

She then blushed as he seemed to continue flirting with her. She giggled softly and nodded. "Yes, I'm quite glad as well."

Dementia Requiem Asumi
Ayu -> King Triton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:14 am
dump post to put all of my unused naiad in for rp which I might be able to get in at work but won't have access to images (aka I'll fill this in later)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Well, he was in a great position for her to get her point across. Pressing down a little harder she repeated herself, "He is NOT my boyfriend just an overly enthusiastic pancake with a lack of survival sense." Why did she insist on hanging around that hopeless fool? Probably because he amuses her or grew on her.

Speaking of growing on, she did NOT want another Irwin. Glaring at him even still, she willed him to understand how bad his life choices were. Finally, believing his protest she released his tentacle completely. That wasn't going to be as easy on him. With both free he got an up-close and personal view of one snapping claw. What kind of special creature just attaches themselves to a stranger? Oh Oceans she found a worse Irwin. This wasn't going to go well.

Dementia Requiem Asumi
Sure we can move them up smile Grumplobster win

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:32 pm
After the precious bundles were laid back in their clamshell, Tariel hummed a sweet, soothing melody to aid in calming the girls so they can sleep amid such activity. "Thank you, Tox." Her voice was joyful. Now that the hard part of the night was over, she could relax.

The call that brought the naiad home truly was a call. Tariel herself had made it. The song she had sung came from deep within, it tapped on Alu's talents and knowledge to allow the soft tune to travel to the ends of the world. Any true naiad would feel it, hear it. That was the power of Tariel's voice. But this song was exhausting, especially considering the shape she was in after the birth of the twins.Alu said it was important, and Tariel took that to mean the whole sea needed to meet her daughters. But there were important strategic positions within the court that needed filling. The faun and Sadron at one point said war was coming and Tariel was not going to be caught off guard like Alu in the past.

`-`

First, she wanted to meet the other heads and leaders of the newcomers. She assumed they had some sort of leadership in order to keep them safe. Otherwise, they'd just wander aimlessly. Who knows, maybe they did? It certainly would be beneficial to work together to help initiate the new naiads into their new home, should they choose to stay. But to be frank, she couldn't fathom why any would want to go back to the lonely sea. Even she had been hesitant to stay in the lake but grew to understand why it was important. Especially for her.

Tariel placed the plate of food Moana had brought to them on Turin's spot next to the throne. She munched here and there, but mostly waited for some of the newcomers to introduce themselves. To be honest, she couldn't tell by looking at them if there was leadership among them. None seemed to come guarded or prepared for survival. None looked worn for wear for surviving alone. The queen could only presume that means some amount of civil society where they don't need to worry about predators.

There was actually one that did stand out, soon as her eyes stopped at the pointed crown and large beard.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 pm
His Queen always had amazing timing. Right when he was about to go find her, she appeared! This was proof to how amazing he was at his job!

Smiling proudly Chromis looked to the lady and extended his left arm past his chest to point towards the Queen in the same manner as his right to proudly display her radiance.

Listening the wonderful speech, he beamed with pride as he looked back to Hvatbera gave a nod. See, there she was, the Queen could tell her how amazing he was and his job was finished. It was time to party!

Daisicle
"best" scout forgot what he was supposed to do, job not over Chromis!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:31 pm
Triton gave a small sad smile at the thought of the kingdom in ruins. It was truly a sight to behold before it had been destroyed. He could not have dreamt a better home, a better place to have raised his daughters. "It was breath taking before it was destroyed. I'm sure you'd have loved it." Of that, he was completely certain.

Her gentle touch and kind words brought him out of the revelry, reminding him of many good things ahead. Of course, he still had his precious daughters, and an extremely enchanting woman on his arm. Things weren't as bad as they could be. "There is no reason to be sorry for the loss of my home. It brought us here. The only thing I mourn is the loss of those who lost their lives." He gave her a smile. He would forever feel their loss, but he would honor their memories and continue to live a life. That is what his late wife asked of him, of course he couldn't imagine doing anything else to honor them. "Oh yes, daughters. I have 7. All of them unique and strong young women." The smile on his face was genuine. He loved those girls more than life itself.

"Do you have children?" The king asked, curious. She seemed so excited when she asked him about his girls. Did she have some of her own, or did she want them? No matter the case, he couldn't help but love a woman who loved children.

Triton was about to continue the question when a gentle voice called out through the hall. It was soft, but still audible enough to them even in their alcove. He listened carefully, to the voice of whom he first thought was a priestess only to have that thought corrected to the voice of the queen. He didn't see the daughters she was presenting, but the speech she made, it was so very similar to when Attina was born. The announcements, the party. This one seemed much more interesting, however, as it also included some very interesting information and a welcome home party for those who arrived.

"Hm..." Triton pondered this, looking to the swirled fish beside him. "An excellent reason for a party." He couldn't help but smile, and made a mental note to seek out the queen that was speaking only moments before. She would certainly know if any of his merfolk had survived the tragedy. "My Dear Ayu, this seems like it will be an excellent home!" He enthused, making the decision. He would always be wary, but if there were beautiful women such as Ayu, and a caring queen, how could they be in the wrong place?

Seruta
Triton -> Ayu

Antidia
Triton is listening intently

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:38 pm
Phorcys' grinned at the dark lady, carefully balancing his plate as he bowed his head graciously. "Yes, ma'am." He lead the way as instructed, then took a moment to peruse the selections. Small decorative clam shells instructed one what types of beverages were contained in each waterproof pouch. Wine was easy enough, ale, yes, he'd had that in the bar...what the hell was schnapps?

"What do you prefer? Something strong? Sweet? Refreshing?" He set his plate down on the table and selected one of the pouches labeled as pear schnapps, whatever that was. Might as well take the opportunity to try something new. Must be one of those imported things from the Faun.

Holding up the pouch to the lady to demonstrate how it worked, he asked, "I assume you haven't seen one of these before? If you have, excuse me. They're really quite helpful down here. See, there's this little one-way flap," he explained, pointing it out. "Water can't get in, but you just put it to your lips and give it a little squeeze to drink." He demonstrated, soon pleasantly surprised by the sweetness of the drink he'd picked up. Wow, sweet...but experience helped him realize the deceptive strength of the beverage. Nice.

"So, what would the lady like to drink?"

DaemonGabrielle
Mellinae

:[ Events ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out