Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Distractions were welcomed for the brown female. She was down at the beach, combing the shores this night. The moon was glimmering on the water, making it seem as though there was nothing wrong in the world. Blue eyes gazed out at the gentle waves as her paws carried her along the sands.

Livyathan took a deep breath and let it out through her mouth to clear her head.

Shells. She needed new things to get inspired by. Slowly her paws pushed sand around, looking for the right size and shape. Color didn't necessarily matter right now. Her tail flicked behind her as she became engrossed in her happy distraction.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Marzel sat in the sand, still warm from the day's heat even though the sun had long set, close enough to the water's edge that it lapped at his toes as it waved lazily. The monochromatic male spent a lot of time by the ocean as he adjusted to being able to communicate with it. It had been more than a little unnerving at first, but now he rather liked it, and the connection was growing stronger. Tonight, it's calling had been more than a little insistent, and he had answered willingly, though the only thing it would say to him now that he was here was "Patience".

And so he waited, the moonlight reflecting in his odd eyes, making the brown one seem almost golden and the golden one almost glowing. His ear twitched at a scuffling noise to his right and he turned his head, catching sight of an earth-colored lioness digging around on the shore. The ocean went suddenly silent, in a prompting sort of way, and Marzel took one last curious glance at the waves before rising to his paws and heading over.

"Hello there," he greeted the lioness cheerfully as he approached. "I don't believe we've met before; I'm Marzel. Do you need help finding something?"
Always looking to lend a helping paw.

Peppermint Coffee
Tag!

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:05 am
She hadn't had any clue that the male had been there. The voice made the lioness jump and go on the defensive. Her fur prickled and a growl built up in her throat before she realized that there was probably no danger. This stranger did ask if she needed help at all.

Livyathan cleared her throat and slowly started to relax her body, managing to look a little sorry.

"You can't just scare a lion like that," she said with a firm tone. What if she'd been one of the more unreasonable lions from her pride. "As for help..." Her voice trailed off and she looked to the small holes she dug, only to come up with water or some kind of shell that was broken. "...I don't even really know what I'm looking for."

Her muse had stopped talking to her and honestly, she didn't like it.
Rennekae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am
Marzel certainly hadn't meant or even expected to frighten the lioness, and he bowed his head and pulled back his ears contritely to try and show he meant no harm. As the taupe female started to ease, Marzel straightened back up but kept an apologetic smile firmly in place.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean anything by it. I just... thought you might need something."

It was lame, but he didn't really think it would do to tell this pridemate whose name he didn't even know yet that his muse seemed to want him to meet her. And maybe his muse was just trying to tell him she needed help. Marzel's ears twitched and pushed forward as she continued, alert to the shift in her tone. He'd always been good at detecting when others were upset or in need, and it had only heightened since he had been staying in the pride. This lioness definitely seemed upset. Not wanting to make her uncomfortable by pointing it out, he simply changed his smile to a more amiable one and tried to be cheerful.

"Well, I'd be happy to help you look until we find it, whatever it may be."

Peppermint Coffee
Sorry! I replied to this right away but I forgot to quote.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:16 am
"....Alright."

Livyathan didn't accept help easily, but something was pulling her to agreeing to this. He wasn't at all trying to hurt her, and didn't seem to be plotting something against her, so maybe for once, the once dubbed "Shrew" could relax and let someone else talk to her.

It was hard to get used to the pride shifting, but it was honestly for the best for her.

"I'm Livyathan. ....Shrew is something they called me." Not that she was pleased with it. "Livy is something I want to be called." It was actually her name and made it sound so much less intimidating than her true name.

"I.... guess we can start looking for uncommon seaglass?"

Rennekae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:14 pm
Marzel's ear twitched slightly, a little hurt at her hesitance with him but forcing himself not to be offended. A lot of his pridemates were cautious, to say the least, and he himself was still fairly new. Being the honorable and selfless soul that he was, he still took it personally when others were suspicious of him, but he understood more than most would - what with his father and all.

Marzel smiled warmly at her introduction and dipped his head in a small bow.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Livy. My name is Marzel, but I prefer Mar." It was a nickname his mother had called him when she was alive, and one that his brother and sister had always used after she had been killed. He had become quite attached to it, even more so because it turned the name his father had given him into one from his mother.

"Seaglass? Of course. I've never found any myself, but my mother showed us a piece once when we were cubs. It was beautiful. Do you have any color preferences?," he queried, starting to dig gently through the sand, head down but eyes up as he waited for an answer.

Peppermint Coffee

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:21 pm
"I've noticed it mainly in cracks between large rocks. I'm assuming the ocean pushed them there for safe keeping, until the right lioness comes along to collect them." Her tail flicked this way and that, even during his introduction.

After he'd said his name, Mar, Livy logged it away and seemed to be a little more at peace with him. So, with a jerk of her head, the brown lioness lead him toward some of the safer rocks. The tide was out, so it was alright to climb on them if you had sure footing.

"Like in between here," she said, her voice echoing as she shoved her head in a large space between the sea black rocks. "Sometimes the sun shines and glints off the glass...." He voice trailed off as she crouched forward more, batting at the rocks she could reach. Livy was already precarious on the rocks, her footing sliding so every so often she'd have to adjust her back paws, claws scraping the rocks. She didn't seem to notice, however. The lioness was far to focused on digging through to find the prettiest glass.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:51 pm
Mar listened closely as Livy explained the best places to find sea glass, attributing her lack of response to his question to her simply not hearing him. He smiled at how she spoke of the little gems; clearly, she had been doing this a while and was serious about it. His smile was also partially due to the less than graceful scrambling of the lioness' back paws as she tried to stay up on the ocean-slick rocks.

Mar fancied himself a good climber, but that really only counted toward trees. Wet stone was going to be an experience. He carefully pulled himself up on top of the rocks with Livy and started rooting around in a crack a little farther down. He made sure to work slowly and meticulously so he didn't miss anything.

"So what do you do with the sea glass?", he asked curiously, wondering if Livy wasn't one of the pride's merchants.

Peppermint Coffee
Wow... I spelled your name wrong.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash