Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
Mto'Mkuu Shauri Personality Contest - CLOSED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:07 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Mto'Mkuu is in dire need of their faction leaders! Don't know who we are? Click the top banner to learn more!

This is a personality contest for the Sapphire and Topaz Shauri. Shauri are the head of their factions and advisors to the pride leader, Atreyu (owned by me). They keep the peace while encouraging friendly competition in the pride. At the moment, we only have our Ruby Shauri, Pinku Kaisai Raio (owned by Syrius Lionwing). I would like to change that!

These two must stay in the pride. It will be assumed IC that they have at least one Kipenzi, but it is not required for you to have a SoA on hand for it. That said, if you have any Kipenzi that you would want them to own, feel free to do so!

You can enter for both, but only win one.

There is an ORP going on in the pride as well, and everyone (rogue or otherwise) is welcome to join in!

Close Date: May 1st, 2019 at 11am PST.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:17 pm

This is the Topaz Shauri.

"Lions from the Topaz faction are normally the more easy-going of the group, usually choosing to have a Tamaa over a Pigana. That said, they are well known for their speed and agility, and can be a fierce opponent in a fight."

So what is this boy like? How did he get his station, and what is his relationship with both the pride leader and the other Shauri?

Fill out the below form and post it here to enter for him!

[size=16][b][color=#D2691E]Topaz is just my color![/color][/b][/size]

[size=11][b]Username:[/b]
[b]His Name:[/b]
[b]If you could describe him in three words, what would they be?:[/b]
[list]-
-
-
[/list]
[b]Personality Blurb:[/b]
[b]Relationship with the others?:[/b]
[b]Anything Else?:[/b] (include plot ideas, Kipenzi you might be attaching to him, ect)
[/size]

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:20 pm

This is the Sapphire Shauri.

"The Sapphire faction relies on defense and strategy above all, and as such, Tetea are common around here. They use their brains to take on a challenge, but do clash with the Ruby faction from time to time."

This gal needs to strut her stuff. How did she get her station, and what is her relationship with both the pride leader and the other Shauri?

Fill out the below form and post it here to enter for her!

[size=16][b][color=blue]Sapphire like blue fire![/color][/b][/size]

[size=11][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Her Name:[/b]
[b]If you could describe her in three words, what would they be?:[/b]
[list]-
-
-
[/list]
[b]Personality Blurb:[/b]
[b]Relationship with the others?:[/b]
[b]Anything Else?:[/b] (include plot ideas, Kipenzi you might be attaching to her, ect)
[/size]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:22 pm
Entries:

Topaz Guy
      Zaikt
      SilverLutz

Sapphire Gal
      Ars Naberius

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:27 pm
This is now open for posting!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:08 pm
Topaz is just my color!

Username: Zaikt
His Name: Avinash.
If you could describe him in three words, what would they be?:
    - Shrewd
    - Ambitious
    - Deceptive

Personality Blurb: Quiet and relaxed, Avinash is something of a sleeper threat that often goes overlooked. He prefers it that way, really; it allows him to pursue his goals with a much wider range of freedom, considering the fact that he's usually underestimated. He maintains a carefully-crafted veneer, posing as an almost comedically incompetent pushover who wants nothing more than a comfortable life surrounded by his many tamaa. While he's a cunning manipulator and surprisingly keen opponent when roused, Avinash keeps the Mto'mkuu's best interests at heart, with a fierce loyalty to the pride that surpasses even his own desire for recognition. He does genuinely strive for the finest things in life, and can be a bit jealous, particularly when it comes to kipenzi. He loves keeping the most interesting tamaa around, whether they're notable through looks, skills, or otherwise, and the easiest way to bruise his ego is to insult his tamaa. As for pigana, he's likely to only keep one or two as not-quite bodyguards, viewing them almost as a necessary frustration; why can't they just be as soft and pleasant as tamaa instead?
Relationship with the others?: He's not personally a fan of how the Ruby faction operates, considering them to be dangeroulsy close to brutish; as a whole, they're often on the receiving end of his subtle derision, although he knows better than to count them out entirely or underestimate them. Sapphire is far more his speed, and he prefers working with them whenever possible. He finds their tactical skills fascinating, and while he's not a particularly combative lion himself, he agrees that their contributions are incredibly important.
Atreyu is one of the few individuals he'll listen to without any kind of comment or sass, and he values his opinion above all else. Avinash really, really wants to impress Atreyu, and can at times go overboard with his displays in the process.
Anything Else?: handful of plot ideas!
- i would Love for somebody to challenge him on the basis of him acting like an idiot so he can show off that he's scarier than they think he is.
- how about butting heads with some ruby lions B]
- avinash gets jealous of somebody else's tamaa because he thinks they're fancy. cue snark until he gets over it (or gets in a fight about it)
- Hello Atreyu How Can I Impress You Today. potentially featuring either a) it going well or b) it backfiring massively.
- (i also would at least plan on bringing in [ Sosthenes ] for one of his tamaa!)

Zaikt

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 pm
Topaz is just my color!

Username: SilverLutz
His Name: Cheza
If you could describe him in three words, what would they be?:
    - Cheerful
    - Blasé
    - Unassuming

Personality Blurb: Cheza is the poster child for the Topaz faction. He is easy going and cheerful and often comes across as a bit lazy thanks to his laid-back nature. Don't let that fool you, though! He's a quick as a whip when it comes to intelligence and he's fond of the mindset that getting in the first strike is crucial to a win. He's humble despite his high rank and never lets it get to his head, always willing to battle with the greenhorn or the most experienced veteran. That being said, as kind as he is, he's seen a lot of different training and fighting styles in his day and always seems to have a way to counter them. Do you have what it takes to catch Cheza off guard and really impress him?
Relationship with the others?: Cheza gets along with both the Sapphire and the Ruby Shauri, though he wouldn't call either of them close friends. They work together and he certainly doesn't go out of his way to annoy either of them, but sometimes he feels like his chill nature gets under their nerves... or maybe it's because he's not as quick to have his pets battle. Either way, it's a good professional relationship.
Anything Else?: I'd love to find someone that really surprises him in their battle style! His lone fighting pet, Jua Bwana, is incredibly cocky and is surprisingly tough considering the faction Cheza oversees. If they can impress Cheza and Bwana it would throw them for the most wonderful (or obnoxious in Bwana's case) of loops! His 'prized' pets are the incredibly spoiled Tulivu and the sassy Beeka.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:25 pm
Sapphire like blue fire!

Username: Ars Naberius
Her Name: Thalea
If you could describe her in three words, what would they be?:

- Militant
    - Compassionate
    - Uncertain (for now! eventually: Assertive)

Personality Blurb: A sickly cub, Thalea spent a large amount of her formative years relatively alone. She understood - there was fear of her illness spreading and doubts that she would survive to adulthood. One of her visitors - the Sapphire Shauri of the time - helped her pass the time by providing her with mind games and riddles to mull over, checking in weekly to see if she'd solved them yet. She eagerly anticipated the visits and began crafting her own puzzles in response, hoping to one day stump them as they'd stumped her so many times. This carried on even after her recovery - something she attributes to those very puzzles - and became a language of sorts to her; honing her strategic mind and acting as a comfort to her in times of stress.
She never really expected to become Shauri, though. It was always a goal - something to strive towards and work for - but it never occurred to her that it would ever happen. Thalea is still relatively young, so she's taken to leaning on the faction's stereotype to "make up" for that. She's frosty, strict, and speaks only when she feels it's necessary - trying to give off the appearance of a serious, firm leader when she's really just not used to having actual conversations with others, never mind leading them. She has only Pigana as she fears that having a Tamaa would be seen as weak - though she only holds this standard to herself. She's got a big heart and the capacity to be more flexible and less stuck in her ways, she's just not comfortable enough with herself yet.
Relationship with the others?: Basically just "oh god everyone else totally knows what's going on and I don't aaaaaa" - something that she tries to deal with by assuming that the other Sauri have it easy. The Ruby faction just fights their problems and the Topaz faction lays around and cuddles with their Tamaa. She doesn't flaunt this opinion openly - she knows better than to truly believe this - but it will likely influence how she interacts with others until she becomes more self-confident.
She holds Atreyu in the same position she held her old Shauri - someone to look up to, learn from, and desperately try to impress and not mess up in front of.
Anything Else?: I'd love to have her grow from an awkward young leader trying to "live up to the name" to someone who feels secure in their position! Which means I am so on board for plots.
- getting to know her own faction better! she was isolated from a lot of them growing up, and while she doesn't hold this against them she also doesn't really know a lot of them that well. she knows the strategic importance of a well-structured, well-maintained faction but she needs to learn about friendship know them in order to know their strengths!
- getting to know the other Shauri (or their members)! maybe she's rude and gets knocked down a few pegs; maybe she's caught in a vulnerable moment and is able to open up to someone! ~maybe both~
- having Kilele as her pet and Pigana! with him also sort of acting as a Tamaa but Thalea also being deeply offended if that's ever suggested to her face.
- and more!

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:39 am
This is now closed!

Sapphire Gal

Ars Naberius

This girl is yours! I'm looking forward to seeing how Thalea grows into her role. biggrin Be sure to get her and her Kipenzi posted in the joining thread (her faction is Sapphire) before posting her for certing. Her colorist is Meepfur.

-----

Topaz Guy

I wish I had two lions to give out! I loved both entries and had a difficult time deciding which one I like more. ;o;

Zaikt

In the end, I've decided to go with Zaikt. I liked the conflict that he could bring while still giving the front of your typical Topaz lion.

His colorist is Meepfur. Make sure to get him and his Kipenzi posted in the joining thread (his faction is Topaz) before getting him certed.

-----

SilverLutz

That said, I do have a Kipenzi that I can offer you, Lutz, if you're interested in having her! This wild dog must stay in the Mto'Mkuu.

Her colorist is I Lady Kiya I, and she is a rehome from me as well, so make sure you quote me when you go to get her certed.

Make sure to post her in the joining thread before getting her certed! She can have whatever faction you'd like or can be rolled, and can be either a Pigana or Tamaa. (her cert rank will say Kipenzi regardless)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:29 pm
I'm all set, thank you though! I'll scrounge around for a lion to send in with the others I mentioned in my application post X3  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[OOC] Player-run Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas